Villa Del Sol Hotel And Suites

Av Morelos Norte 3257, Col La Soledad, Morelia, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, 58118, Mexico
Villa del Sol Morelia Hotel and Suites
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 28% less and rated 17% higher than other 4 star hotels

More about Morelia

Interior of the church - simply amazingInterior of the church - simply amazing

Giraffe!Giraffe!

The aqueduct in MoreliaThe aqueduct in Morelia

Travel Tips for Morelia

Templo de Guadalupe

by Laura_Mexico

This church isn't located in the downtown area so it's easy to miss it, but if you join a guided tour they will most probably bring you here. I personally had visited Morelia tons of times and even visited some friends who lived a few blocks away from the church several times, but my parents NEVER visited it.... amazing what we had missed out on!

I didn't know this church existed until one of my last trips. I had even stayed at a hotel next to the Acueducto (the church is a block away from it too) but didn't know it was there. So during one of my last trips I took my sweetheart to stroll around the Acueducto area and we found it. I was in awe when I saw it: it is so wonderfully decorated, you can't even imagine what it looks like when you see it from the outside. The decoration was made by local craftsmen with clay painted with very vivid tones. It really is a beautiful place that you should see.

The guided tours that you can hire in the main square in downtown (which give you a tour of the downtown & Acueducto area in a trolley car) will take you here. On my last trip we took this tour (with my sister in law and husband) and we had the opportunity of visiting this wonderful church again and making some good pictures of it.

A beautiful & quiet colonial town...

by Laura_Mexico

Many many years ago, when Morelia wasn't the town it is today and did not have the million inhabitants it does now, my parents fell in love with it and started visiting it very often (once or twice a year). Back then, you had to drive about 5-6 hours from Mexico City to the town of Morelia, passing by a lot of tiny rural towns and driving on a rather poor quality road.

I have visited & known Morelia since I can remember. I was a little girl when we started travelling there almost every vacation period my family had available. My parents bought a piece of land where they planned to build a nice house and live in this peaceful place one day, after they retired...

None of us ever moved to Morelia, but we continued visiting it frequently until the late 90's or so. When I was a kid I didn't fully appreciate it because, being a child, I felt there weren't many things to do or see, not many places to have fun at, and after 10-20 visits we had rather seen EVERYTHING there was to see. In fact, there aren't many interesting places for kids there, but once you learn to appreciate the city for itself, you realize it's one of the most beautiful towns there are in the entire country. Besides, now we have a highway which cut the 5-6 hour drive down to only 3.5-4 hours at most, and which does not force you to pass by those little rural towns anymore (even though they're pittoresque and you might want to see them if you like that kind of travel). Whether you travel by bus or on your own car, it's now much more comfortable and fast to get to Morelia than it was 10-15 years ago.

Once again I'm borrowing a few pictures from a couple of local websites, which you can also visit and where you will find plenty of tourist info about this gorgeous place!!! The rest of the pictures were taken either by myself or my dad.

www.ecoadventuremexico.com/michoacan

www.mexicodesconocido.com

www.visitmorelia.com

I will try to gradually include all the tips I gathered through all those years and I hope you do get the chance to visit this beautiful town, you'll definitely want to go back...!!!! Please be patient, I will build this page slowly, but will try to make a good job! ;-)

Comments