Villa Del Conquistador

Booking.com Priceline.com Hotelsclick.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less and rated 15% higher than other 5 star hotels

More about Cuernavaca

The entrance to the cathedral.The entrance to the cathedral.

Rancho Cuernavaca Hacienda StyleRancho Cuernavaca Hacienda Style

Style and graceStyle and grace

Morelian maiden arrives at church for instructionsMorelian maiden arrives at church for instructions

Traveling with Kids

by dawalace

Any suggestion on traveling with kids in general. I have visited Cuernavaca many times in the past and I'm traveling there at the end of may with my wife & 2 yr old. Any suggestions on catching bus out of MC airport and general traveling tips would be greatly appreciated!

RE: Traveling with Kids

by melosh

You got it right, the bus from the airport is the best way to travel. Every 40 minutes "Pullman" leaves from the Airport to Cuernavaca. 95 pesos per person according to the web site. (You might not have to pay for your 2 year old.) The departure point is the curb right in front of the national part of the airport about 200 yards to the left from customs. When I last was there they even had a booth for ticket sales. This has got to be about the best airport transfer situation in the world. You avoid taxis, subways, changes, and large Mexican bus stations until you are out of the city. Your bus goes straight to Cuernavaca. You can save your visit to Mexico City to a time when your wife is more prepared.
Two year olds are pretty easy unless they tend to wonder. 2 on one should be a pretty good defense. Dressing your child in a bright easy to spot color can be useful both for keeping track of your child and spotting your wife. Desposibles are readily available in Mexico so you can still travel light. Perhaps, I should or need not mention it because I have no experience to suggest it would be a problem, but I would recommend that you take special cautions with your money. (What better time for a thief to grab you wallet then when you have your arms full of child, I can not imagine.) Mexicans love children, and my experience is that having your child with you seems to put you in a special category of warm welcome. Enjoy, Bob

by gomexico

Good advise to take the bus from Benito Juarez International Airport to Cuernavaca. However, I'm not certain that the busses are located outside Gate D at the airport anymore - they were moved last year due to construction and they may have been permanently located to another area of the airport . . . you should ask at the information desk just outside the exit from Customs just to make certain.

About "traveling tips," I can't think of anything, seeing that you've been to Cuernavaca before. Generally, just be careful of your belongings . . . the crime rate in Mexico has risen steadily over the past ten years (including in Cuernavaca).

The only other caution I'll offer regards health. Try to be careful with what it is your child eats or puts into her mouth (including water). As you know, stomach problems (bacteria) is a perpetual problem in Mexico and standard of personal hygene aren't generally up to what we're accustomed to back in our home country.

Enjoy the trip!

by dawalace

Thanks for your response!

Thanks for your response

Travel Tips for Cuernavaca

Sittin in the Morning Sun

by jenn_d

Cuernavaca is a favorite weekend getaway for residents of Mexico City. Once out of the city the drive took about an hour and a half.

Cuernavaca sees it's most favorable weather between the months of October and May.

Piramides - view

by SrdjanJovanovic

This is view from the top of piramide.In the distance you can see some volcano,I think it is Popocatepetl,but I am not sure.There was no one to ask around,and my spanish is not perfect,so I couldnt find out.

Cuernavaca

by Ricardo_J_M

"Cuernavaca"

We visited Cuernavaca to attend a wedding of a friend. We had never been to Cuernavaca, so we were thrilled to visit the eternal spring city. I must concur with the description of its' name.

We are currently working on our travels so please check back soon.

Comments