3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• DannyA's Profile Photo

Bucerias Best Hotels

A very good complex with very good and helpful personnel working there. They seemed to want to go out of their way to make you happy.

Unique Quality: Pools were everywhere. Probably 6 pools in all. There was always plenty of room at whichever one you wanted to hang out at. Each pool had a bar located next to it. Resturants were just as close.
    The resturant near pool 6, building 6, was the one to eat at for lunch. They had burgers , fries and hotdogs. After 4 or 5 days of the Mexican flavored foods, you are ready for some american style food. The bar tender near it was a happy guy who was a lot of fun to talk to. we had some prblems at the Italian resturant near building 6. We were first to enter the door and the last to get our food served to us. Make sure the waiter knows you're there at all times. Maybe you won't have the bad luck we did.

Directions: Fairly good location north of Puerto Vallarta. Only a short walk to a feamarket up the beach and also some nice beach side bars and resturants. Maybe 1/2 mile walk north of the complex.

• yeah_baby's Profile Photo

Best Value All Inclusive Resort

A warm ambience and decor adorn the Royal Decameron Complex, which offers spacious rooms surrounded by swaying palms and magnificent gardens. Exclusive to Air Transat and World of Vacations, its charming buildings are accentuated by a unique Mexican-colonial architectural style with vibrant hues and multi-coloured tiles and all located on the shores of a beautiful, golden sand beach.

Unique Quality: Distance:
    Takes 25 minutes by taxi from airport and located directly on a long, awesome, beautiful beach. Very secure area with few venders to get your hair braided, horseback ride, sarongs, parasailing, etc. To get back to airport just ask the front desk to get you a taxi

DISCO: The Disco is open til 3 am each night, and was pretty good, they have variety shows which were excellent, I really enjoyed them

The nightly shows were awesome!

They have four pools, four bars, four specialty restaurants, and have the most beautiful sunsets.Beach:. If you wanted, you could rent free kyaks and be right beside them. The water was warm, and there were plenty of beach chairs.

Every morning, you could see dolphins swimming in the ocean

Directions: The Royal Decameron Complex is located in the small fishing town of Bucerias, which is located just 15 minutes from the Puerto Vallarta International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Puerto Vallarta.

More about Royal Decameron Vallarta

Royal Decameron PV. Awesome!

My wife and I went to the Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta during the last week of May and we were very pleasantly surprized in virtually all aspects of our stay. The accomodations were clean, the service was outstanding, very friendly and our overall experience was incredible. The colors of the buildings in combination with the well manicured grounds and the relaxed atmosphere made for a memorable experience. As promised, Bucerias was a quaint little Mexican village about twenty minutes along the beach and it was a fun little excursion. We were also treated to a giant sea turtle that came up onto the beach, adjacent to the resort, to lay a clutch of eggs -- memorable on its own! The food was plentiful and reasonably varied but it would have been nice to have an exclusively Mexican buffet available as one of the restaurant options. To conclude, I would heartily recommend this resort to all but the very few out there that need five star luxuries. My wife and I can't wait to go again.

the scorpion is great

hello we are from holland and had a great honnymoon at the royal decameron. The hotel is really a paradise, and you can eat and drink whole day. the food is excelent and the mixed drinks also. we made a lot of new friends over there and with them i drunk a lot of scorpions and tom collins. the hotel is realised in 5 blocs, we staid in block 5 which was near by the quite pool. we had agrat room and a huge shower. when you go i prefer bloc 5 it is always verry quite over there and it is the newest bloc. at the pool at bloc 5 you can see every day 2 ore more iguanas. if some of our canadian friends will read this side. greatings to shawn, heidi, jill, steve, duncan and pete from dion and claudia!!! And i am for sure if you go to the riyal decameron you will have a wonderfull time. enyoi it!!!

What a beautiful hotel!!!

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful week staying at the Royal Decameron. The hotel was really beautiful, the pools were fantastic. Our room was kept really clean by the maids. They even left fresh flowers in our rooms. This was our first time in Mexico and our first time in an all-inclusive hotel. There was plenty of food out ALL DAY. I felt like all we did was eat and drink!!! The only really disappointing thing about the hotel was its lack of Mexican food! We finally had mexican food the last night on the buffet, but I was hoping for some available to us every day. (we were in Mexico!) The hotel staff was very friendly. The grounds were kept very clean, and well-maintained. There was plenty of available chairs by the pool-side. If there were dirty tables at the restaurant, the staff was right there to clean them up. This was such a beautiful place. There were palm trees, and hibiscus plants everywhere. Very tropical! We had such a relaxing week, we are planning on returning again...SOON!!! I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family if they are planning a trip to Mexico.

Beautiful

We just returned from our vacation at the Royal Decameron. We were there from May 25th- 29th and had a wonderful time. The resort is beautiful and the location is great. They are right on the ocean, so there was a great ocean breeze where ever you where on the resort. We were told this was the start of their slow season, so there were not too many people there. We had no problem getting into restaurants or finding chairs by the pool or beach. We had wonderful service the whole time we were there. The staff was very nice and they all worked very hard to make sure the grounds were clean and your glass was never empty. We took two excursion trips the Geronimo, and the Night Shift. Both were terrific and very inexpensive for what you received. I would highly recommend them both. The Geronimo was a catamaran trip with free food and drinks the whole trip. We went snorkeling and to a very beautiful beach. The night shift takes you to 4 bars in Puerto Vallarta and you get a free drink at each. Lots of fun! It is a neat resort with lots to do for children and adults. We stayed in building 5, which is more the adult side I would say. (One hint, bring a blow dryer, they are not provided in the rooms.) All the rooms look out at the adult pool- that area was always nice and quiet. And the beach is only a few steps away. I read several reviews for this resort and question how anyone could go there and not have a good time. So in closing, if you are considering this resort- Go. You will enjoy it. - Kendra

Wonderful

I cannot say enough about my trip to the Royal Decameron. Reading past reviews, I was getting a little scared as I had already booked my trip.But when we got there, we were pleasantly surprised. They have four pools, four bars, four specialty restaurants, and have the most beautiful sunsets.Beach: Every morning, you could see dolphins swimming in the ocean. If you wanted, you could rent free kyaks and be right beside them. The water was warm, and there were plenty of beach chairs.Food: The food was great. I consider myself a pretty picky eater, but I experienced no problems. Every meal was good. From the fresh fruit and eggs anyway you want them for breakfast, to burgers and buffet at lunch, to elegant dinners in the specialty restaurants. Make sure to make your reservations for the specialty restaurants early in the morning to avoid being shut out. The Italian restaurant was the best.Drinks: Wide variety, and Sol beer on tap.Activities: Plenty. Nightly entertainment (which was quite entertaining most nights). Daily activity boards posted everywhere, which included aquagym, pingpong tournaments, beach volleyball, bingo, pool volleyball, etc...Location: Close to Puerto Vallarta ( we took a cab $15 US..but can also take the blue bus). Walking distance away from a small village that had lots of beautiful pieces and silver jewelry.Overall, a great experience, and would definately go back...hopefully next year.

More of the Royal Decameron Complex

by jamiesno

"Plenty of Activity"

You can see in this picture that beach volleyball is a regular occurance. There is a recreation director, his name was Lucio and he keeps things moving on the beach.

"Relax Area"

The adult pool is the place to relax. The room I showed you in the first travelogue was from two windows over from the main entrance, then the third window up.

In the night don't be worried about the little gekos outside the door. They are harmless and the rooms are spotless!

"Thai Food!"

The Thai Food was very good, I was already after enjoying myself and little to much and rub this odd monument in front of the restaurant.

Royal: El Wok Thailandesa (a la carte) 2 sittings 6:30pm and 8:30pm. El Jap-Jap Japonés 2 sittings 6:30pm and 8:30pm

Reservations required for all a la carte and specialty restaurants.

"Romantic"

At night the resort is very peaceful, private and there are plenty of places to relax.

"Great Breakfast"

The breakfast buffet is excellent but I use to love this view. Sitting right at the beach, watching the beach come alive, listening to the birds was awesome!!

Breakfast (Buffet) “Flamingos (La Tortuga, La Bugambilias)

7:00am to 10:30

"Kayaking is great!"

You can go a long ways out in the kayaks but its best to be careful.

On some days if the waves are coming in strong you can't get the kayaks out, so my advice is:

If you get a real calm day, take advantage and use the kayaks because the next day will be best for a boogie board and that's it.

"Luch Grounds"

The flowers and trees throughout the resort are amazing.

"Beautiful"

You can see here how beautiful the gardens are with the sun pouring down!!

I have six travelogues dedicated to this resort. There is a tonne of stuff here for you. I trust you will enjoy the Royal Decameron!!

1. Royal Decameron Entertainment
2. Scenes from the Royal Decameron Complex
3. More of the Royal Decameron Complex
4. More of the Royal Decameron Complex (2)
5. More of the Royal Decameron Complex (3)
6. More of the Royal Decameron Complex (4)

Royal Decameron Complex

by yeah_baby

"All Inclusive Resort"

I would definitely recommend an All Inclusive package for Mexico. Your vacation will be worry free. You will not have to pay for you breakfast, lunch or dinner for a whole week, you will not have to get there and look for place to eat at. You will have drinks included, and not have to pay every time you feel like a soda or an alcohol drink. Your non-moterized motor sports are included, you don't have to keep paying out of you pocket while you are on vacation. All this is and more is included in the package rate. It can get expensive and be a hassle to not have these features. You want to go on vacation and enjoy it not go there and have to spend more money when you could have had it all included!

The Royal Decameron offers quality service, a wide variety of activities, extensive menus and is situated on one of the most relaxing beaches in all of Banderas Bay. The complex consists of 3 sections, Royal, Tropical and Flamingos, which house 7 restaurants, numerous bars, 4 pools and a nightclub. This is an absolute all-inclusive resort.

More of the Royal Decameron Complex (3)

by jamiesno

1. Royal Decameron Entertainment
2. Scenes from the Royal Decameron Complex
3. More of the Royal Decameron Complex
4. More of the Royal Decameron Complex (2)
5. More of the Royal Decameron Complex (3)
6. More of the Royal Decameron Complex (4)

Royal Decameron GroundsRoyal Decameron Grounds

Royal Decameron ComplexRoyal Decameron Complex

Decameron Complex BeachDecameron Complex Beach

Decameron Complex BeachDecameron Complex Beach

Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico

by ShyMe

Hello everyone.
Next month hubby & I are off to Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico and are staying at the Royal Decameron Complex. Would anyone have any feed-back about either of these places? What is there to do in Nuevo Vallarta?
I understand there is some kind of water park with water slides. Has any been there?! How far is it from the Royal Decameron Complex?
Anything you have to say about this place would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

Comments