Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort And Spa All Inclusive

ALL-INCLUSIVE IN NUEVA VALLARTA

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 18, 2013

November 7 to 14, 2013
Hans and I always get away during the month of November. We thought we would go to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico as it has been 12 years since we last went there. We chose the All-Inclusive - 420 Rooms, GRAND PALLADIUM VALLARTA RESORT because it looked so nice and the reviews were pretty good.
The Grand Palladium offered:
Daily Buffet for Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner - at "El Bosque"
Four a-la-carte Restaurants - Portofino - Bambu - Viva Mexico - Ribs & More
Snack Restaurant - "Las Terrazas"
Unlimited domestic and select international drinks
Free internet Access - Lobby Area
Daily Sports and activities Program
non-motorized water sports - canoes - boogie boards - snorkel equipment
nightly entertainment
Disco

I did read many reviews on Trip Advisor and most were positive with some negative. I read and was told by my travel agent that the resort was a 45-minute shuttle (included) from the airport ($50.00 if you take a cab). The Resort is very secluded, with Bucerias the closest town.
The Resort is ideal for families with children. They offer "Kids Stay and Eat Free" and they have many Children's Activities throughout the day.
Weekends are very busy as Lots of Locals come so the Main Swimming Pool can be very noisy and crowded.
The Adult Swimming Pool, which is an Infinity pool, has wonderful views of the sea and beach and is not overly crowded.
I have to say that the BEACH was the biggest disappointment for me. I only dipped my toes in the water once. The shoreline was rocky and the water murky, not blue like I expected. On our last day there (Thursday) the red caution flag was put out by the lifeguard as there was a huge ALGI Blob in the water that made it unsafe to swim. There were very few bamboo umbrellas, so if you wanted a good spot, you had to get there early (like 7:00 a.m.) to stake out your spot. We usually went before breakfast and put our beach towels on a couple of chairs.
Would I return to the Grand Palladium - NO! It's just not that GRAND!

Unique Quality: OUR ROOM # 2016
Our room had a King Size Bed, 2 comfy chairs & table, 2 bedside tables, telephone, T.V., Mini fridge stocked with 4 bottles of beer, 4 cans of soda and 4 bottles of water. It also had an ironing board and iron, in-room safe (no charge), lots of closet space, coffee machine. There was a 3-piece bathroom with complimentary bars of soap, shampoo, bath gel and lotion.
Our room was spacious and clean and had a small terrace with garden and ocean views.
It was quite hot and humid when we were there. The air-conditioning was set at 22 degrees but it was still very warm in our room, so I don't think it was working properly and once in the week we had a short blackout.
As there are no elevators, we requested a ground floor room ( they wanted to put us on the third floor but we protested as we had requested ground floor when we booked.)

joiwatani's Profile Photo

The privacy at the Grand Palladium Hotel Resort

by written on August 9, 2012

My daughter and I didn't stay at the Grand Palladium Resort Hotel and Spa, but I know for sure that this hotel is located near the beach and has it's own private beach. Also, it has all the lush tropical garden filled with palm trees, palmeras and beautiful flowers.

It is secluded and and assures a safe and private stay at this hotel.

Please check out their website for more specific information.

Unique Quality: According from its website, here is what it says: "Completely renovated
356 Deluxe Rooms, 60 Junior Suites and 6 Grand Master Ocean View Rooms
4 A la carte restaurants with a great selection of cuisines
2 Buffet-style restaurants and other open-air services
7 Bars around the complex
2 Freshwater pools and 1 Seawater pool
First-class Spa & Wellness Center
Events and meeting rooms
Sunset Boulevard Disco for adults
Baby Club for children 1-3 years old, Mini Club for kids 4-12 years old and Junior Club for teenagers (11-17 years old)"

Directions: From Puerto Vallarta, head to Wal-Mart and catch a bus heading to Punta De Mita. The Palladium is on the left side of the road with a huge name and it's own private road heading to the beach.

Nearby Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort And Spa All Inclusive

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Punta de Mita Travel Forum

Need advice about Punta de Mita, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Punta de Mita and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Punta de Mita