Antarisuite Cintermex

Avenida Fundidora 500, Colonia Obrera, Monterrey, Northern Mexico, 64010, Mexico
Hotel Antarisuite Cintermex
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 33% lower than similarly priced 5 star hotels

More about Monterrey

End of River WalkEnd of River Walk

"backfill turkey with stair potato and graby""backfill turkey with stair potato and graby"

close to Zona Rosa near Alamedaclose to Zona Rosa near Alameda

REplica of a Chamber inside an Aztec TempleREplica of a Chamber inside an Aztec Temple

Safe in Monterrey??

by rawgerod

Is it safe in monterrey. I know last time I was there a couple of years ago there i felt safe. Now with everything in the media im not sure . I have friends that went to school in the US but now live there and im going to visit them. They are from Monterrey and they live in a safe zone but im not sure what to make of it.

Re: Safe in Monterrey??

by CelticSu

I've been to Monterey many times over the years, and have always felt that Monterey has a high level of safety. I'm sure there's probably crime there as there is everywhere, and one should always follow safe practices (being aware of where you are and who's around you, not walking the streets late at night, etc.), but overall I'd have to say that Monterey is an extremely safe city to visit!

Have you asked your friends who live there what they think? That would be your best bet, I would think. Since they live there, they will surely be able to put your mind to rest.

I hope this helps! Have a wonderful visit.

Re: Safe in Monterrey??

by Lauren5020

Hi!
I am a Canadian who's been living and working in Monterrey for a year and a half, and feel very comfortable and safe in the city. Keep in mind, I am smart about where I go out, stick with my friends and boyfriend. I often go places on my own, in my car. But I never taxi alone, just to be safe (I have female friends who do). I do walk around my neighbourhood with my dog, comfortably.
I can only speak for myself and my foreign friends down here, but, we haven't had any serious trouble.
I have had tons of family and friends visit and they have had a wonderful time.
I am sure your friends will tell you the same things! Hope this helps!

Travel Tips for Monterrey

Visit Las Grutas de Garcia...

by marcmalano

Visit Las Grutas de Garcia (Caverns). First you climb the steep side of a mountain in a cable car. Then once inside, expect a lot of stairs on your guided tour to get to the various areas like La Capilla (Chapel), El Teatro (Theater), Salon de Aire (Air Hall), and La Mano del Muerto (Deadman's Hand).

Not every place takes any...

by AuntBec

Not every place takes any currency but Mexican, but most places take credit cards! Saying good day, good morning, good evening, is always a good way to begin any conversation, in any country. Tipping is generally 10%, but I personally have a problem with that. So, treat people how you would like to be treated, and you should have a marvelous time!

Waterfall: Cola de Caballo

by TinyTuck

Waterfall Cola de Caballo
Buses leave at the central bus station and go about an hour, then a mini bus will take you up to waterfall. To get in without paying the fee walk up the street a bit and take one of the trails leading down on the right hand side.

You Might Make It A Habit to Come Here

by Daniel_Williams about Las Monjitas

Las Monjitas in the Zona Rosa was quite good. Nuns (or women in nun outfits?) served dishes, which created a unique ambience to my eyes. My friend ordered the queso fundado and some nachos, and they were delicious. One thing I'll say is that all the tortillas, hard or soft, were of incredibly high quality and tasty everywhere. I went, this place being no exception. Coffee was excellent.

'CARNES ASADAS' CON TUS...

by celsotp

'CARNES ASADAS' CON TUS AMIGOS(MAKING BBQ WITH YOUR FRIENDS)
MAKING 'CARNES ASADAS' IS ONE OF THE REGIOS (MONTERREY PEOPLE) PASSIONS, SHARE THAT MOMENTS WITH A DELICIUOS TBONE, FAJITA OR ARRACHERA ITS JUST WONDERFULL.

Comments