Crown Pacific Deluxe Suite Resort

Orbitz.com HotelTravel.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Crown Pacific Deluxe Suite Resort

Crown Pacific Resort Suites

I surprised my husband with a trip here for his birthday. I must say as frequent travellers this resort is beautiful. The staff are friendly, and helpful. There is a great view and the entertainment was great. The nice thing here is that there are 2 pools, and the resort is actually built right in the mountain side.
The meals were are great and had many choices.
Its quiet, and restful and you can see the ocean for miles and miles when on the beach or from the balcony of your room.
Great Vacation. We will be going back soon.

Huatulco paridise, Crown Pacific okay

by TripAdvisor Member wanago

This was a family trip with our 2 sons 19 and 20 and my sisters family.

Area: Absolute paridise, hot hot hot, take light clothes (spent a few evening carrying a sweater I did not need) and lots of sunscreen, I stayed in the shade (pale canadian girl) and I still came home with a tan people commented on,

Rooms: Great, clean,large good air conditioning, king bed, boys had 2 queens. Ask for the pool rooms on the 7th floor we really enjoyed them.

Desk Staff: okay but not overly helpful.

Transportation on resort: Excellent we were relaxed enought to sit on the steps and wait a few minutes for a ride up the very steep hill.

Food: well.... its buffet for dinner but breakfast was great. We never went hungry, lots of fruit etc.

Beach club: Beautiful beach, we could get loungers most days.

This hotel is good value when you are on a budget, we had to pay for 4 and knew that our sons would want to golf, fish, etc and would,nt be content to lay in a beach chair all day so that is the only reason we booked the Crown.

We enjoyed several very good meals at Don Perfinos and La Creme in La Crucacita.

Honerable mention was the New Years Gala that the hotel put on. Fantastic!!! great food, music, linen, fireworks, a night we will never forget with our sons & family and the people we met.

All and all if it was just the 2 of us I think we might upgrade a bit (more for the meals & wine) but really it was a great time.

We liked it, we loved it, we want some more of it!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Wil&Wendy

We visited the Crown Pacific Jan. 4-11, 2006. We are a couple in our 40’s and between the two of us have been to Puerto Plata, Punta Cana, Holguin, Cancun, Acapulco and Puerto Vallarta. Having stayed at 3* - 5* we had a good base to compare the Crown Pacific to other resorts and locations we have stayed.

First Hautulco in itself is by far our favorite destination now. It’s the first place we both agreed we would come back to, and we’re pretty sure this will be our choice of destinations from here on in. There are other places out there that we would still like to try but this vacation set the bar pretty high.

The Crown Pacific offered us everything we needed. Our rooms were huge and the view out looking the ocean was amazing. The weather was phenomenal every day (what’s to complain about there!). The resort was clean and the staff friendly. They didn’t speak the best english, but always figured out what you were asking and helped you out. Personally, we really enjoyed the various levels of the resort and the two different places to hang out during the day. Some days we hung around the pool on the 7th level , but most days hung around at the beach. The beach was a nice place to be since you could go walking along the beach, play in the ocean or walk 10 ft and hop in the pool. The bar was right there as well and the “main” restaurant. The food was always good with a wide variety and plenty of choices. The 7th level was never missed out on though either, if we had spent the day at the beach, we all met up on 7th Heaven for a daily happy hour.

We met some amazing people, had the time of our life and can’t wait to go back. I’m half convinced that Huatulco has a hypnotizing affect on you, because so many people we have met, have fallen in love with it and can’t wait to return.

In summary, if you are expecting and want top notch food, fancy umbrella drinks, staff that speak perfect english and luxurious accomodations…don’t stay at the Crown Pacific (positive side of that….there will just be more room for us then!!) Just remember it’s rated a 3.5 star property. We all felt that we got even more than we expected so we were all extremely happy with our stay.

missing mexico badly

by TripAdvisor Member chances

We recently returned from a 2- week stay at the Crown Pacific and it is very hard ajusting - feel like I was kicked out of Heaven!!
We do not have one bad thing to say about this resort. It was an terrific value, wonderful staff- and all the people we met - locals and tourists alike-
were wondeful. The hotel is clean, the food plentiful,
even the shuttle down to the beach was fun. We were on the top floor with a magnifcant view, whirlpool tub, and kingsize bed.If I had once complaint- and it is a small one- I would have liked a minibar in the room so we could have bottled water on hand at all times. We had to remember constantly to bring bottles up with us.
from what we could see, this is mostlikely one of the less ritzy hotels in the area. As someone else stated, it is a little worn around the edges, hence the good value. Also many people seemed unhappy with the food-but we didnt go all the way to Mexico for perfect eggs. We had no problems with it at all-lots to choose from. The poolside bartender (tequila-man)
was great- we tipped him well before we left. For deep sea fishing - Tony Lopez we met on the beach was fantastic-he is easy to find just ask around. The shopping in the 2 small towns was great- the taxis cheap and plentiful - I could go on and on. Do you get the impression we were happy with our vacation? I would go back in a heartbeat. One final note- booking outings thru vendors on the beach was discouraged by our signature rep- but many are cheaper and more fun- these people need to make a living as well. Just be careful and ask around-visitors are more than happy to tell you what there experiences were.

Back after 15 years

After 15 years Huatulco remains beautiful and unspoiled, with very little development during that period of time. We were happy to be non-all inclusive at this mostly all inclusive hotel because we could eat there selectively and take advantage of the wonderful restaurants in the neighboring town of La Crucicita. The staff at the hotel was very nice, but limited in the English language. Our room was excellent; large, very clean, well decorated, large balcony, beautiful view of entire bay. The guests were 95% Canadian, and 100% friendly. The hotel is in many separate buildings on the bay side of a very large hill. The lobby is very far from most rooms as it is disconnected, and the hotel is not on the beach, and the private beach club(excellent) is very far from the rooms and lobby. However, cart/shuttles appear promply when called to take guests to the lobby, the beach club, or back to your room. Basically no elevators, except in building 6-7. All the hotels seemed to require lots of walking, and actually, with the cart/shuttles at this hotel, we considered ourselves lucky. The first time in Huatulco, we stayed at the Sheraton, which is now the Barcelo, and after viewing that hotel now, the Barcelo would be our preference, based on its best on the beach location and amenity appearance. The golf course is beautiful, in good shape, and costs about $80/18 holes w/powercart. The cost of our trip for 1 wk for 2 was $1860 continental plan(room only), but those from Canada only paid $1700/couple for all inclusive(which would have cost us $2400). Two weeks might be a little long here; not much to do but rest and enjoy 86 to 89 degree(F) temps. Getting into the water from the beach is a little tough because of the undertow created by the steep slant of the beach, which also makes it a little difficult for beach walking. No refrigerators in rooms, and ice only at the bars in the lobby and on the 7th level. All in all, if you have never been to Huatulco, you should definitely try it (preferably non-all inclusive, at the Barcelo, through a Canadian travel agency). This is not to say that the Crown Pacific is not a superb hotel, because it is.

Nice Beach Club

by TripAdvisor Member Carolin1969

We vacationed at the Crown Pacific in Huatulco from Jan 20 - 27, 2006. We are a family of 4 with 2 children ages 12 and 8. The hotel was very clean with a nice atmosphere. We stayed on the 10th floor and had an amazing view with a jaccuzi tub that worked. (I heard from 2 other tourists that their jets did not function). If you are not into a little exercise now and then, you wouldnt like it here (we actually didnt mind this). As the resort is on a hill, it is a small hike to get around although they do have shuttles that are almost always available for guests. We found that calling the front desk for a ride down was a little hit and miss as there is a language barrier. Be prepared to brush up on your spanish as it will really benefit you. The food was mainly traditional Oaxacan fair which personally I, nor any of my family members did not care for, so ended up sticking with the western dishes. The crickets were tasty! We did spend a lot of time touring away from the resort so found it to be perfect for us. I think if I was on a more relaxed vacation, I would probably spend the extra money for one of the more expensive resorts. We have no real complaints regarding our stay. Our rooms were air conditioned at all times. You may want to make sure to bring water with you to your room every night as they do not replenish your supply.

Love Huatulco!

by TripAdvisor Member sungolfer3

We stayed at the Crown Pacific in March 2005 with another couple. We were there to try out the golf course. Our impressions:

The good:

The views are spectacular.
The rooms are large and clean.
The food was quite good, the mole sauce, the pasta with chilies, the hot chocolate (decadent).
The shuttle drivers are personable and have a great sense of humour. The shuttles run on a regular basis from all over the property.
We loved the golf course with the huge, deep acquaducts running along several holes. My husband managed to retrieve quite a few golf balls from its depths.
The Tangolunda Bay is absolutely gorgeous and the weather was wonderful… hot and sunny every day. They say it only rains 5 days a year in Huatulco.
The town of La Crucecita is a wonderful place to just wander through and maybe stop and have a drink or a bite to eat.
The pool on the 7th level is clean and quiet and has beautiful views of the surrounding vistas – we hung out up there after our golf round each day.
The tequila in the lobby bar and the lobby bartender are great.
You should try the funicular if it is running – what a different experience – you won’t see that mode of transportation anywhere else in Mexico.

The not as good…
Much of the food at t he resort is spicy, which I love, but our friends found to be overly spicy.
The pool at the beach was scummy and dirty when we were there – not nice at all.
There is really only one place to eat for dinner – the buffet and it did get a little boring.

We need to remember that the reason we are traveling is to experience different sights, smells, cultural and epicurious adventures – be open and don’t lose sight of that!

We have traveled to Puerto Vallarta, Mayan Riviera, DR (all over), Barbados, Europe and Africa. The views in Huatulco top them all imo.

We are heading back in a week to Las Brisas – hopefully the food will be a bit better in terms of variety – but I hope nothing else has changed. Huatulco is a relaxing get away that has not been discovered by many travelers as of yet. Selfishly, I hope it keeps that status for years to come.

A big disappointment

by TripAdvisor Member Colin99

My wife and I, took my son to Huatulco for 10 days as fulfillment of a promise after he returned alive from a year of combat as an infantryman in Iraq. He needed, and deserved, and opportunity to relax. We could have gone anywhere, but chose Huatulco because my wife had been here before. We were also thinking of retiring to Huatulco as well, and wanted to do some research of the area.

My wife had visited this resort 8-9 years ago when it was a Holiday Inn. She had stayed here for 2 weeks and had loved everything about it then. The service, food and entertainment were all first class then. She has been to Mexico 28 times, and had to rate this current resort as the worst all-inclusive she has been to. We booked our trip through Apple, as is our custom.

I should note that we had great fun in the area, going deep sea fishing, riding jet skis, ATVs and snorkeling. We found several really good restaurants in La Crucecita and Santa Cruz, and a terrific place at one of the snorkeling beaches. All in all we had lots of fun in the area.

Here are specific observations of our stay at Crown Pacific.

Rooms:
The hotel itself is beautiful. The views of the bay and hillsides are breathtaking. These were one of the 2 bright spots of our stay here. The suites are large and well maintained. The maid service was very good, with rooms cleaned every day. They did however, short our rooms towels, etc. each day, as it appeared that they had insufficient supply to cover all rooms every day with all items needed. We left hefty tips for our room maids for their effort.

Service:
The front desk help speak almost no English, despite the fact that a very high percentage of the customers are Canadian or US citizens. We had maybe 8-10 contacts with the front desk during our stay, and were either told "No", in answer to our requests, or our requests were not fulfilled. From the moment we checked into the hotel (in the evening) the "nos" began. Our 2 rooms were mixed up, and the lady on the desk refused to switch our room assignments (we switched ourselves, and didn't tell them.

We felt that front desk staff were simply going through the motions of the job. They were certainly not accommodating. Some of the other 'nos" that we got from the front desk were, no they would not cash my VISA travelers checks. I was told that they would only cash American Express. They finally cashed several traveler checks for me, but only after telling them that I was going to report them to Apple for their poor front desk service. I got most of the rest of our cash from HSBC ATM machines in either of the 2 local towns, which were much easier to deal with. When we were ready to go home the front desk refused to buy back the Pesos that I had for dollars, even though it was only about 600 Pesos.

I should mention that The Funicular is not running, and it would have made our trip up to our room on the 7th floor much easier, if it had been operating. My wife and I are used to walking long distances, but hiking up the hillside in hot humid weather takes the fun out of the trip. The carts that haul you up and down the hill run sporadically, and during the afternoon are particularly difficult to wait for. We walked up the hill and to the beach club quite a few times, after waiting 10 minutes or more for a ride. One evening a quite elderly couple and my family were kicked off one of the “shuttle” vehicles by the young driver, after we had got on the vehicle on the 7th floor to ride to the top of the hill and then back down to the lobby. He was quite rude and would not let us do that. No explanation, just “get off” in Spanish.

The last morning of our stay at Crown Pacific we had to leave for the Airport at 9:30 am and discovered upon waking that we had no water in our room at all, nor did our son’s adjoining room. It took several calls to the front desk, while I tried to explain that we had no water at all. The front desk person hung up on me twice, without any explanation. Finally the water came on, for a cold shower, and a rush out of the hotel to our waiting transport. I didn’t even have time to shave before leaving for home.

Food Service:
This was a mixed bag, and clearly not what we expected. The only breakfast service was at the small restaurant near the lobby. The food there was mostly local Mexican cuisine, which is pretty much what we expected. Unfortunately, there was a very small variation on each days breakfast menu, and the overall food quality was fairly poor, with emphasis seeming to be on cheap. Although we could get an omelet or tortillas at the grill, the cook never smiled and showed no enthusiasm for her job. The cotton place mats at the tables were never cleaned while we were there (10 nights), and were simply flipped over when one side got too dirty. Birds would “clean” off each outdoor table whenever anyone left a table, and only later would the bus people remove dishes. Utensils would be left on the tables, unless they were clearly dirty. Of course, the birds messed up the chairs as they perched on them en masse. One morning I found a large fly that had drowned in the yogurt-serving dish inside the restaurant.

There was only one night per week that this restaurant was used for anything but breakfast, an ala Carte night, which one had to make reservations for a day in advance. We missed that dinner because we went on an excursion the day reservations needed to be made. I day per week in not sufficient for the number of hotel guests.

The main restaurant was the beach club, which serves lunch and dinner. This restaurant is about 200-300 meters from the hotel lobby. The service staff here was sadly undermanned, and the food was all local Mexican for lunch, and a different theme each night, such as Italian. The food was mostly edible, but of low quality. There was a grill that one could usually have a cheeseburger or hot dog grilled, by cooks who seemed totally uninterested in their jobs. Our only good dinner was when they served us some tuna that we had caught. It helps to tip the chef.

The bar near the beach club restaurant cannot make a good mixed drink, so we stuck mostly to Corona beer or wine when having meals or drinks here. One night they ran out of wine. This bar is normally swarmed with bees that resembled our yellow jackets. The bar tender(s) were stung several times that we saw, and were quite aggressive. Any place at the beach club that partial drinks with sugar in them left by guests were inundated with these yellow jackets. The service staff at the beach club didn’t do a good job of cleaning up partial drinks that had been left, and we mostly drank beer after learning of the insect problem.

Entertainment:
We are used to reasonably professional entertainment when travelling. The “entertainment” here was not entertaining, nor was it reasonably professional. It was mostly performed by the entertainment and sports staff, which was about a half dozen enthusiastic and very loud young people., with always very loud music. The evening shows were so lame that we walked out on several shows after discovering how bad they were. The emphasis appeared to be on really goofy comedy, with the English translations very difficult to understand. One show on Sunday night had a great many small children attending and some of the skits were geared toward adults, with one of the staff asking if anyone had a women’s brassiere, panties or a condom. I should note that one entertainer at night played an electronic piano and sang, and he was quite good.

The sports staff (same as the night show staff) had fairly constant activities going in the beach club swimming pool area or on the beach, but some of the staff were constantly blowing a whistle (for what purpose I couldn’t tell), but it was very annoying to my family as we tried to relax on the beach. I asked one of the staff to stop blowing it once, but I was pretty much ignored. Also, music was often blaring around the swimming pool, at least when the activities staff was present.

Value for Your Money

We flew direct with Skyservice from Calgary over Christmas and New Years 2005.
The weather was perfect every day; 35 degrees C and up, blue skies. The rooms were large and clean with good service.
The staff were all pleasant but I think it would help if the front desk staff could speak better English.
There is a fair amount of walking up and down from the rooms to the restaurants and although they had shuttles, sometimes there was a wait.
Very disappointed in the food. There should have been more of a variety. We were starving! Also disappointed that other than a snack bar restaurant by the pool on the 7th level, the lunches and dinners were in one place down by the beach. There was one restaurant above the lobby open for breakfast but only open Tuesday nights for dinner and then you had to reserve. I believe that they need to expand on the number of restaurants and quality of food. We did try many restaurants in town via taxi but when you are paying for an all inclusive, the extra expense of eating out was disappointing on the budget.
The entertainment was so-so. Nothing against the staff; they were great but needed more nightly entertainment other than the lobby bar in the evenings.
We had a good time, and as the saying goes "you pay for what you get".

Good hotel with bad restaurant

by TripAdvisor Member Petr6

Room: excellent, comfortable, large, with sea-view - really 4 star Junior Suite
Housekeeping: very good - 4 star
Transportation room - lobby - beach club: OK, no problem
Restaurant equipment: plastic chairs and tables - 2 star
Meals: breakfast - very good, lunch - everyday fish - very good, dinner - average - 3 and half star
Drinks: all drinks are served to plastic cups including dinner time, soft drinks are not cool, only table wine is served to small glasses, sometimes dirty - terrible !!! - 1 star
Service at the restaurant: whether you tip or not, still very poor, it is a problem to get the third small cup of beer (1 cup = 2 dl) and it is impossible to get the fourth one in the evening - 1 star
Beach: OK
Relation price/quality: I can recommend this hotel for single travellers, wishing to stay at Huatulco because it has much lower single room surcharge than other hotels, I paid USD 110 for a single all-inclusive while neighbouring Barcelo and Gala asked around USD 200 but for couples probably it is not the best choise.

Comments