Mision Juriquilla Queretaro

Blvd Villas Del Meson 56, Juriquilla, Queretaro, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, 76230, Mexico

Mision Juriquilla
Hotels.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

An elegant Mexican style Hotel

Located in an ancient Hacienda of the 18th century, this is a HUGE and elegant hotel with typically modern Mexican architecture, all kind of faciltities (pool, bullfighting arena, restaurants, conference and party rooms, shops, golf course, etc.) and close to one of our most important industrial cities: Queretaro.

I stayed at this hotel due to the annual conference of the company where I work; we had a meeting and then various activities: welcome cocktail at the bar, buffet lunch, volleybol and soccer games, a big party at night and buffet breakfast. The food is good quality, the rooms are very spacious and well equipped (they only forgot to leave some towels), the whole environment is nice and the weather was cool too!

It's a great place to spend a weekend and just relax, and the prices are OK for the category of the hotel (a bit less than $100 USD for a double room per night, no meals included; they also have a program where the meals can be included and it looks like they're always buffet style).

The green areas and the pool are also spacious and very comfortable!

Unique Quality: This is a view of the hotel's pool and the whole background where you can appreciate the kind of architecture the hotel has, with my colleague Aurora (thanks for the pictures!) and myself right after having had breakfast, LOL... I am also attaching pictures of other areas of the hotel and also of our room, which was very spacious and comfortable!! Perhaps the space in the bathroom and the sink (which was outside of the bathroom) was a bit too reduced, but it all was ok in general...

Directions: Towards the north of Queretaro City

More about Mision Juriquilla Queretaro

Ron_S's new Mexico Page

by Ron_S

I have been to Mexico on several occasions, both business and pleasure. I have visited the tourist areas of Cancun (twice) and ventured down to Nogales once when I was in Arizona.

Last summer I got a real taste of Mexico on a business trip in the heart of Mexico. We first spent two days in Queretaro at the Hotel Mision Juriquilla (http://www.hotelesmision.com.mx/hoteles.asp?IDHotel=1). If you are ever in Queretaro, I would highly recommend this hotel. I did not get to play the accompanying golf course, but I'm sure it was nice as well.

From Queretaro, we drove into Mexico City and spent three days there. We stayed at the Hotel Nikko (owned by Japan Airlines) which is located in a nice area in the business district. The most surprising part of the trip to me was the weather. I was expecting blazing heat in July, but the altitude of Mexico city keeps the temperatures moderate even in July.

Family to visit Queretaro for 1 month in March 2006

by montreal5

I will be going to Queretaro for 6 to 8 weeks with my 1 year old, 3 year old and 10 year old. We will be staying in a hotel on de febrero, in zona industrial benito juarez. If anyone is familiar with this area can you give me some ideas of what to expect? Do we need a car? Can I walk to stores, markets, parks with the kids? should I bring items like my strollers, high chairs, car seats and beds from here with me or are there stores near there where I can purchase them (new or used)? What is the law for car seats and seat belts? Is it a safe area for children? Are there activities for children nearby? Would I be able to find any baby sitter services so that I can see the night life with my husband? Does anyone have photos that I can see of the people and life in this part of Mexico?

what so you recommend are things we should see and do before we leave Mexico?
thank you!

RE: Family to visit Queretaro for 1 month in March 2006

by alfredop

Hello, nice to hear somebody from Montreal is coming to Queretaro as there are some of us from Queretaro traveling frequently to Montreal.

I really can't recall of any hotel in Zona Industrial Benito Juarez but a motel. Though there are several hotels on 5 de febrero, so if you specify the exact hotel would be better.

If it is actually on zona industrial Benito Juarez, then there is a high need of having a car because as it's name says, it is an industrial area which is not safe for walking with foreign children and is kind of dirty (as any industrial area anywhere else).

I really can't suggest if you bring all your baby stuff as I don't have kids myself but you can definetely buy new ones here (not used, or at least not in the places I know), and anyway I wouldn't buy used things for my babies.

If the hotel is on 5 de febrero then I can only think of 3: Radisson, Fiesta Americana and Holiday Inn. Only Holiday Inn may be at a walking distance of something worth visiting. These hotels are used mainly for business purposes as they are nearby hospitals, factories and business district, so I would definetely have a car, particularly as you're bringing kids. And no, there are no nearby places for taking them out.

This doesn't mean there is nothing in Queretaro to see, there are lots of things but not in that area. You should visit the Centro Historico area, Juriquilla, nearby parks and lakes.

Let me know if I can further assit.

Enjoy.