Av Tulum No 227, Supermanzana 20 Centro, Cancun, Quintana Roo, 77500, Mexico

More about Cancún

Cancun Catamaran TripsCancun Catamaran Trips

El CastilloEl Castillo

Tulum,2008Tulum,2008

Kukulcan Road - the man road in the ZonaKukulcan Road - the man road in the Zona

Traveling with a wheelchair

by Lindaonwheels

I would like suggestions for tours, (waterpark info), or any information that you think would be helpful to me to get the most out of Cancun. I use a travel scooter that breaks down and can be put on shuttles or taxis and I can walk short distances or my husband can carry me up a few steps. I can swim.

Also most helpful would be things that I CANNOT do or places that I should avoid.

by LoriPori

Hello Linda. My husband and I really enjoyed our time in Cancun and one place that in my opinion is a must see is XCaret, which is an ancient Mayan Ceremonial Center south of Cancun. We did the day tour and were picked up from our Hotel. I remember the park as being wheelchair friendly with pavement winding through the Park. The Park is amazing with swimming, snorkeling, the Turtle Area and the absolute best part - the XCaret Spectacular Night Show, which was just that - spectacular. The day lasted from about 9:00 a.m. when the bus picks you up until about 10:00 p.m. when the bus brings you back to your hotel.
Here is a link to my "Things to do in Cancun" if you are interested.

Regards Lori. If you have any questions, feel free to ask

by Jawnuta

Have you seen this article?
Hope that helps :-)

by LoriPori

I just checked the XCaret website and under the Special Services section, they state that the Park is 60% accessible by wheelchair, so that means you should be fine with your travel scooter.

Travel Tips for Cancún

Excellent map of the hotel zone

by Dabs

If you need help in selecting a hotel, this is a great map of the hotel zone

The Cancun hotel zone is shaped like a 7, hotels with addresses on Kukulcan from km 0 to km 8 are at the top of the 7 closer to downtown Cancun and the ferries to Isla Mujeres, hotels from km 8 to km 20 are on the bottom part of the 7 are closer to the airport and the Riveria Maya activities.

Hotels from km 8 to km 10 are on the bend of the 7, this is where many of the tourist oriented shops and restaurants are.

If you have never been to...

by mozart1

If you have never been to Cancun I would suggest going on the Carribean Carnival booze cruise. Also you must go to Senor Frogs, Mr. Papas and La Boom disco. One night we went to the beach with our friends who live in Cancun. It was about 2:00 in the morning, we were swimming in the ocean. It started to storm. All the electricity went out in the hotel zone. We were stuck sitting under a palapa with our friends. I miss all the friends we have made over the years. Cancun truly does feel like home. We have had the oppurtunity to experience things that most tourists are unable to.

Cancún Tip

by kettravels

The Isla Mujeres is a tiny gem just a short skip across the water from Cancun. It's a tiny island, something like five miles by one and I would complete a walking circumnavigation of it at least once a day (always passing this house to the left). The island's name translates into 'Island of Women' ... although my male amigos from Spain complained that there were no women at all!

Swim up bar

by gipper84

The one most defining point to Cancun pools are their swim up bars. I had never seen a swim up bar before, and I will never forget the experience. It is a luxury I wish all resorts offered because it is so much nicer than having to get out of the pool and go get drinks. David and I just enjoyed sitting at the bar in the water and talking to some of the servers, or even the people who swam up for a drink. We met 2 girls from Illonois at the swim up bar and even ended up playing water volleyball with them and a few other people. Swim up bars is the way to go in my book. I loved them!

Get to Know The Locals

by taryn_treloar

I found the people in Cancun to be brilliant. I made more connections with them than any of the other tourists. Absolutely lovely people who would go out of their way to help you.

The men are quite forward, which can get a little overwhelming but for the most part it's sweet and flattering.

Franco was amazing at everything: sports, dancing, music.... and he was gorgeous. I'll remember the time I spent with him often.

Comments