Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• jenn_d's Profile Photo

Overpriced Option

Our travel agent told described the accomdations here as luxury but they were a bit less impressive than that. The stay was a pleasant but typical one.

I was a little irritated that upon check in we were that we were given a sales pitch by the concierge for FA timeshare opportunities. I politely took my key card and walked away.

Sodas in the room or the gift shop were the same price, a whopping $4

Directions: Beachfront in the Hotel Zone

• Luisanna's Profile Photo

Hotel

I really enjoyed my stay here, I would highly recommend it.

Unique Quality: The Park Royal Piramides Cancun is a deluxe hotel that is located 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport. The resort is divided into two pyramid shaped towers, each 3 stories with a total of 289 rooms and suites. Each guest room is decorated with paintings and a beautiful combination of light Caribbean colors. The accommodations are clean and oversized.

Directions: This hotel is a beachfront property located in the popular hotel zone.

More about Aqua Cancun

Gorgeous, sensual, but staff still needs work

by TripAdvisor Member Sesame

I agree with the previous reviews that this is a stunningly gorgeous hotel, with amazing design elements. They pump aromatherapy everywhere, making it smell great too. And have 3 macaw birds flying around poolside.

Complaints:
Like a previous commenter, we were scammed about the beach beds. The pool concierge, Joshua, told us there was a charge of $60/day. He said as a special favor he would waive the fee for us, since he forgot to get back to us earlier when we had tried to reserve one. He told us to keep it a secret, though, that he wasn't charging us. My husband gave him $10 to thank him. I heard other people talking around the pool and it turned out that the beds were free. It was hard to believe that the supervisor at the pool at such a nice hotel was scamming people for money.

No one else has mentioned the timeshare sales guy. Right after check-in the clerk passed us along to a hotel employee who we thought was going to show us to our room. Instead he worked his way into a timeshare sales pitch. We said no about 10 times and found him hard to get away from. He was very pushy and rude. I was not expecting a timeshare sales pitch at such a nice place. We also got a phone message later in our stay that the concierge had a special gift for us which we had to stop by to pick up. I was suspicious about this, and sure enough, it was just a lure to go back and talk to the timeshare guy again.

My husband tried to get an Internet connection and no one could help. The IT guy tried selling my husband a connecting cable for $50, but that was not the problem. Unlike other reviewers, I thought many members of the staff spoke inadequate English to offer top-notch service.

One evening when we were showering for dinner the power went out for 2 minutes or so. I think it may have gone out during the day more than once too when we were gone because the clocks were blinking with the wrong time. And the bath water always ran brown - bath was unusable.

Final complaint -- I didn't think the food at the poolside restaurant was very good. Chicken quesedillas were terrible, other food just average. Service very slow. Felt like the restaurant there just wasn't fully ready yet, as far as working out the menu and training the staff.

Also, hotel is really for young couples. Not a kid-friendly place.

That said, I'm still giving 4 stars, because the facilities and amenities are amazing. Head and shoulders above anyplace else in Cancun, with the exception of the Ritz.

Give it time...it will be fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member Bobk25

My wife and I and our 18 year old son stayed there and while we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, there are still some wrinkles to iron out. We checked in after a long flight only to have to sit and hear the "pitch" about the Vacation Plan. Please...we hadn't even seen our room yet! The hotel also has to get it's act together on the housekeeping. There were days when our room wasn't made up until 6pm. And the turndown service was spotty. I don't think they showed up more than two times! But these minor "offenses" did not put a damper on the wonderful service poolside and on the beach. The grounds are beautiful and the pools were delightful. Make sure you reserve one of the bed cabanas on the beach or poolside. They are a treat. All the rooms face the ocean, and while the rooms are not overly large, they come with all the ammenties and boy, the beds are wonderful!! Everything is expensive, so instead of raiding the mini bar, go across the street and buy items at the Super Market.
The fitness center is large and rarely crowded, even in Feb. The buffet breakfast at Siete is worth the price (about $20 USD). We did not eat dinner there. There are plenty of restaurants up and down the boulevard as well as in the Isla Mall across the street from the hotel. La Madonna, La Dolce Vita, Casa de Margaritas are a few of the favs. And take the bus, no need to waste $$ on taxis. (It was 20 pesos for three people on the bus).
Like I said, give them time to work through some kinks. I would definitely go back there. The Grand Aqua will be one of the finest in Cancun.

The real scoop on the Grand Aqua

by TripAdvisor Member randykushner

After reading all the reviews, we selected the Grand Aqua for a family vacation. We just returned February 23rd. The hotel is really beautiful with great amenities. However, I think the small details were poorly conceived. First, the room has no carpet, just marble. The floors are very slippery and cold, with dust bunny galore. The water pressure in the beautiful marble shower was poor at best, just a dribble of water.( This was confirmed by many fellow guest and by staff after they could not fix it). Our toilet stuffed up 2 times a day and kept overflowing. The electricity and a/c in the room are hooked to a motion sensor so every time we entered the room the clock had to be reset. One time while my wife was in the shower, the electricity went off and left her in a pitch black bathroom. Television station selection was horrible and pay per view movies were very old(Spiderman II as the "still in the movies" selection). We had to ask for towels often and the toilet tissue and Kleenex was rarely replaced. Three elevators, in which 2 worked, caused a long wait every time we used the elevator. Tiling in the hot tub by the pool was coming loose and we could pull tiles off easily(DANGEROUS FOR LITTLE KIDS) Internet access in the room was $40/per day. Pool area was visually beautiful but very slippery. My wife always felt that she was going to fall down the steps. Ocean is very rough on the Atlantic side, we saw a man get rescued from near-drowning. Many hotel personnel all around but they were very quick to tell us not to lean over the edge of pool that faces the ocean. Food was good but expensive. Restaurant staff very friendly. All in all I don't think I would go back there.

Same as everyone else

by TripAdvisor Member njff

Returned from the Aqua February 27. Wonderful place...as everyone else has said...still needs some work. Avoided the timeshare scam as we refused sit through anything after a 5 hour trip. Just wanted to get to the room. Gave us a room with 2 doubles instead of a king, overlooking an AC unit. And, the shower did not work. After talking to the "Manager,"....be aware that there is a front desk manager and a concierge manager and restaurant manager... we were told they had no other rooms. Here is the good stuff. The Operations manager's name is Jean Francois Girault. He gets things done and if you mention his name.....people pay attention. Bypass everyone else and go to him. We were soon moved to a king bed with a great view on a floor that served breakfast etc....

Best smelling hotel that we have ever been in. Best pools I have ever seen. With 6 pools there was plenty of room for kids as well as adults. Beautiful architecture. The massage my wife got was good, but she found the outdoor spa to be distracting with workers, planes and kids playing.

Food served on the beach convenient but expensive and not particularly good.

Staff was very nice and tried hard, but still a lot of kinks to work out. Can't imagine there is a nicer hotel in cancun.

Take Your Money and Run

by TripAdvisor Member Lindadi_9

My husband and I recently stayed at the Grand Aqua (February 18, 2005). I was looking forward to visiting this hotel after seeing pictures of it in February 2005 issue of Travel and Leisure magazine. What a HUGE disappointment.

The hotel is visually lovely. But the service and attitude is deplorable. We arrived at the hotel at 1:30 in the afternoon...waited in line 30 minutes to speak someone at check-in...knowing that 3:00 was the official check-in time had no problem being told that out room wasn't ready after confirming that we would have the view room that we reserved. We walked across the street for lunch and returned at 3:00. After waiting in line for 40 minutes the gentleman at check in gave us our keys...when I asked to make sure that we had a view of the ocean...he said no, he had no ocean view rooms available and he had given us the only room available in the hotel. He wouldn't budge....so I said I would look at the room...which had no view and overlooked a parking lot..besides being downstairs next to the convention center. ROOM 2001.

I placed a call to the hotel manager at 4:00 pm. Was told he was unavailable, but that he would call me back...never did. Called again, asked for my patience....still never called. Went upstairs to check-in, again waited 30 minutes to speak to someone...was told that thy would send our luggage to the room but that we would be moved....by 8:00 p.m. we still hadn't received our luggage or been moved.

With out luggage, we couldn't even change into swimwear to enjoy the pool. Found out later, luggage had been misplaced (delivered to wrong room)

Long story short...wasted entire day of vacation. Be advised, even though hotel says it is against policy to save beach chairs or mattresses, everyone had a towel or magaizine reserving it by 7:30 a.m. (And there were children running around everywhere). We checked out after one evening without ever having the manager return our call.

Cancun- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua

by jsblades

Does anyone have an opinion on the Grand Aqua? How's the pool/beach? There are no pictures online of anything other than the rooms. Also, how is the Hilton?

Thanks.

Re: Cancun- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua

by Arrabiata

Go to trip advisor...some good comments on Grand aqua...basically they say it's going to be quite amazing...but half the hotel isn't open yet and still working out the kinks...give it another six months.

Comments