Beach Palace Wyndham Grand Resort

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 79% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• cobbweb's Profile Photo

Beach Palace Vacation

We loved this hotel. The staff was great. Our room was beautiful, with our jacuzzi tub and private balcony...ocean view. We enjoyed the restaurants, the same people served us each day and before our trip was over, we had gotten to know them quite well. They have 3 pools, the kiddie one, the quiet one and the activities pool. This guy, Pedro was there everyday keeping us entertained with games and activities. My children were 16 and 7 and they both had a blast. This is a small and very friendly hotel and our 7-year old daughter knew the names of most of the guests by the time we left. I am currently planning another trip to Mexico and I would love to stay at the Beach Palace but it is currently being rennovated so we will have to wait until next time.

Unique Quality: I've been told that the Palace Resorts are a above average hotels but for the price, we feel like we got a very good value. The one thing that I did not enjoy was the timeshare desk. It was very confusing as to which desk was timeshare and which was for planning an excursion. I think they make it that way intentionally.

• Old but nice hotel

The hotel building is small and old but the beach area is very nice with no rocks. Somehow, the water at this hotel's beach was calmer than the neighboring hotels during the entire week. The staff is nice and the rooms are spacious and ok. The room had a nice balcony on the ocean side. Its an all inclusive hotel. The food is ok but it gets boring after 3-4 days. Although guests of the hotel can eat at other Palace properties, the food at other properties tastes somewhat same. I would not go for all-inclusive deal again even though its very convenient to have unlimited drinks at the beach. The hotel is in the middle of the hotel zone so commuting to the downtown area is very convenient.

Unique Quality: The beach is very nice with no rocks or sea weeds. Somehow, the water was calmest at this hotel amongst all the neighboring hotels. Its also quite clean with friendly staff

More about Beach Palace Wyndham Grand Resort

Beach Palace was wonderfull

My huband and I spent our honeymoon at the Beach Palace and we loved it!! We were there the week of 10/12/03 and the weather was perfect! We visted Moon Palace and Spa Palace while we were there and they are gorgous, but the service and attention we received at the Beach Palace does not compare. The staff at Beach Palace knew our names and they learned what our favorite foods were. Out of no where the staff would offer us a special dish. We did a lot of eating, so be prepared. If you are not picky you will enjoy the authentic foods, plentiful fruits and vegetables, and seafood. Wonderful! Excellant! The beach is far better then Spa and Moon Palace. The Spa Palace does not have a beach. The Beach Palace is centrally located between two malls and within walking distance. It is convenient for any bus trips into the city. The Beach Palace is small but the service makes up for it!! We want to go back!!

great time at beach palace

My wife, my 2 teenagers (15,16) and I just spent a week at Beach Palace and had a great time.

We were told that there would be lots of kids ... not strictly true.
There were some other kids, but it turned out that around 40% of the guests were college kids on spring break. They were actually no problem and were good fun during the daily beach volleyball games.

The beach was great - we had enough waves (especially the first few days) to spend all day body surfing, boarding etc. Perfect beach for kids/teenagers ... perhaps not for toddlers.

The room was excellent with a beautiful view. Beds are hard as rock though (at moon palace too).

The hotel is 20 or so years old so is not quite as glitzy and new as moon palace, but still very nice.

Wait staff and entertainment staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. A constant source of amusement to us during the week was the way they would always try to clear your plate ... sometimes before you were finished eating. Strangely enough we encountered this outside the resort too.

Food was pretty good ... bearing in mind that it's pretty much all buffet fare. We ate at the Mexican restuarant at the cancun palace one night and it was very good ... don't expect cheese with your fajitas though!! Getting around in Cancun was a breeze on the buses.

Just an FYI - the palace resorts guide the college spring breakers to beach palace and cancun palace. If you want something more sedate, consider moon palace (or perhaps sun palace). We visited moon palace and the buildings/grounds and pool were great, but the beach is terrible and the service nowhere near as good as beach palace.

One final thing, if the guest services starts telling you about a 'celebration' at moon palace with prizes etc .. be aware that this is nothing more that a 90-120 minute aggressive sales meeting - be warned.
Jorge chatted to us about this for 15 minutes before we figured this out. We went anyway and it ended up taking more than 2 hours ... we did not buy ... whew!!

All in all, highly recommended - we would certainly consider returning.

Enjoyed the All-Inclusive at the Beach Palace

by TripAdvisor Member bigbuyn

The Beach Palace is a well-established older hotel. The service was superb and the employees refreshingly happy. We never wanted for anything. All Inclusive is the way to go. You don't have to watch the pennies, just enjoy your vacation.!!!

Moon Palace

by DrewE

I stayed in a resort called The Moon Palace. It was part of a chain of Palace resorts. I recieved a bracelet for this resort and the bracelet would allow you to go into any Palace resort. All of the Palace resorts were fairly close together and the resorts provided buses that ran every half hour to each of the Palace resorts so you could go to any resort and eat or use there facilities. It was a great hotel.

The only way to visit Cancun...

by jquest

The only way to visit Cancun is by staying at an all-inclusive resort. The Palace Resorts are great!! You are waited on hand and foot and you don't have to worry about the money.
approx. $120.00 U.S. dollars per person, per night - all inclusive. From any one of the Palace Resorts you will have beautiful views, great food and drink, and quality service.

Moon Palace Resorts

by ilovenewjersey about All-inclussive

You'll be pampered by their services. The have 5 different choices of restaurants to choose from within the Hotel, you can go for Mexican tonight, and do Japanese tomorrow and so on. Food is 24/7, and there's always shows at night which are usually family oriented, or go to the Disco. Enjoy the beach, get your unlimited tequila and beer..... Life is good!!!

I love staying at the Palace...

by CancunDeal

I love staying at the Palace Resorts. They are all-inclusive and love that idea. You don't have to even carry money with you, because everything is already paid for upfront. It is especially nice when you have kids with you, because they can just get whatever they want, when they want it. The pool is the largest and best pool in all of Cancun. It is hugh and has many bridges over it and you can swim around in it all day long. There are swim up bars, so you don't even have to get out of the water to get something to drink or eat for that matter. They have entertainment, music and games going on all day long.

The beach was nice

I read a lot of reviews before I chose our hotel in Cancun. The beach palace was a nice place for a family vacation. The manager greeted us with our welcome drink when we arrived and explained to us that our Apple rep would be there to tell us about tour options. The hotel itself was not classy, but was decent. We had a nice view of the ocean and our rooms were average. The drinks were great. I love the frozen drinks and were all inclusive, but of course they still expected tips.
The service in the Beach Palace was great. All the waiters were happy to see us and give us anything we needed. The pool was nice, but not as big as I expected. The planned activities for the day rarely occured as scheduled, and I was disappointed the we only got to play volleyball on one day. I would not stay here again. I also visited the JW Marriot while I was there and if youre looking for classy, that is the one to stay at. All in all the Beach Palace was a good experience, but not outstanding.

Palace resorts Mexico.

by poplar_pete

This is just to say that finally Palace resorts around Cancun have now posted information on the damage caused to there many hotels. The website for this is www.palaceresorts.com and then follow the Hurricane Wilma News Update.

Hope this helps.