Blue Bay Club Cancun

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 74% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Kaspian's Profile Photo

Love the Blue Bay

I always love staying at the Blue Bay in Cancun and have gone there almost every year since 1998. It's a lot more quiet than the other resorts and is about a 15 or 20 minute drive away from the hotel zone. It's not the place for hard partiers, but for those with children or just those who would like a calmer stay. It's a close walk close to Puerto Juarez, so for 2 or 3 dollars you can take the ferry to Isla Mujeres.
    The beach isn't the prettiest I've ever seen, and can be a little rough on the knees for beach volleyball. But it's not bad either.
    The staff at the Blue Bay are great, but have changed almost completely in the last few years. Ivan, DJ Charlie, and Marisol (in the sitting room) have been great to me every trip.
    The building itself feels like a giant hacienda, and it's very comfotable. The food is delicious and I miss the burgers and salsa whenever I get back home.
    The Blue Bay Club shares facilities with the Blue Bay Getaway, so you can take their free bus over there during the day or night whenever you want a wilder time (adults only). And then come back later to the tranquility of the Club.

Unique Quality: Smaller pool but directly on the beach, it will take you less than a minute from your room to the ocean.
    See my Cancun Travelogue for more photos from the Blue Bay Club.

Directions: Sometimes it's best to tell the driver your Blue Bay is in "Puerto Jarez" neighbourhood because there are 2 Blue Bays in Cancun.

More about Blue Bay Club Cancun

loved blue bay club

My family and I went to the Blue Bay Club for 1 week in February, 2003. We loved it! My kids had a great time and we had a wonderful time. You can do alot or just relax. The staff was wonderful. I have nothing negative to say. Would definitely recommend.

Blue Bay Club ROCKS

The Blue Bay Club and Marina was perhaps the most entertaining hotel my family has ever stayed at. The staff were very accomodating and friendly. The Crazy Bunch made you feel like you were very welcome, so much that I cried when I had to leave them. Because of them and the rest of the hospitality at the hotel, we are already planning our next trip back. We had are two grown children with us, ages 20 and 21 and I thought at first they would be bored at the Blue Bay as opposed to the Getaway, but they actually preferred the Club as it was easier for them to meet other young people. I would rather stay here than at a fancier hotel because of of the warm welcome and the care shown. Thanks for the GREAT TIME! See you next year. Heather Kunz - Canada

Blue Bay Club

by Jennifer_W about Blue Bay Club

This is an all-inclusive resort, and really, I must recommend this as the best way for first time tourists to Puerto Vallarta. All incluive resorts are the safest, most hassle-free way to do it here! The price is therefore reasonable, considering you get a beautiful oceanview room (I recommend one with a balcony, a great place to lounge!) with amenities such as tv (mtvla is the best!), phone, nice shower, etc, as well as buffet meals 3 times a day, and when the buffet is closed, there is always the snack bar, open til midnight as well. Drinks flow from 10:30am to 1:30am, and although they all pretty much taste the same, I recommend the Blue Bay or the Pink Panther, which are pretty tame (i,e, not as much tequila!), or better yet, a good old Corona! There are several pool areas, and a beautiful man-made beach, great for beach volleyball and all-day-tanning (the sun is never hidden!). Also, there is a great acquatics center where you can get scuba diving or snorkeling lessons, or go out kayaking or boogie-boarding for free. Finally, the view is beautiful as the hotel is in a secluded location, surrounded by mountains, forest, sun, sky and endless coastline. The waves are SO loud, you can hear them all the time, but it's wonderful, compared to being in the city surrounded by other hotels. Also I must mention the hard-working animation team who take care of your sports and entertainment. They put on a GREAT live show every night, and are for the most part, hard-working, friendly, and like to have fun at all costs!

Great Time, but Watch Your Possessions in Your Room!

Just got back from Blue Bay Club in Cancun, Mexico. Great time, beautiful weather. An absolutely wonderful vacation. I did not lock my possessions up when we left the room. Upon returning home a carton of cigarettes was missing from my bag. The idea of the cleaning people rummaging through my things makes me sick. I called the Blue Bay and nothing has been done about it. At least as of yet. I loved the vacation and plan on returning. Just FYI, lock up EVERYTHING when you leave the room.

Family of 4...We had a Great Time!

We had booked this vacation way back in January of 2003 and after reading some of the reviews, we were a little leary. But...were we ever PLEASANTLY SURPRISED. We just returned on 4/19/03 and after spending 6 nights at the Blue Bay Club, all I can honestly say, is that we had a GREAT TIME!!! The staff, service, accomodations and hotel atmosphere were AWESOME. Would I recommend this hotel to others? "YOU BET!"In fact, my husband and I are already planning to go back to Cancun in two years, but this time...no kids! So that we can stay at the sister hotel...The Blue Bay Getaway, the All-Inclusive - ADULT HOTEL...OH YEAAAAAH...

No complaints whatsoever

by TripAdvisor Member doughnutnutty

We have recently been to the Blue bay club and Marina and I thought it was brilliant, fair enough it was quite away from downtown and the hotel zone, but it all you had to do was to go outside the hotel, pay 9 pesos and jump on a bus to get to anywhere in Cancun. I never once felt threatened as the people were very friendly. The service was very good and all the staff were firndly and happy to help. The food was pretty good too as you had a choice of restaurants within the hotel or at the sister hotel, Blue Bay Getaway.The beach is a manmade beach and yes there was a lot of seaweed, but you find seaweed on every beach. (thats why it is called seaweed!!!) but it was very pleasant. and it certainly didnt smell like sewage as some other people have stated. We were very happy with our room, it overlooked the beach and the views were stunning. As for the satellite t.v many people have complained that there were no English speaking channels, there were about 5, but why would you want to watch television on holiday anyway!! There is so much to see and do in Cancun. The hotel had a real Mexican feel to it (the only proper Mexican hotel in the whole of Cancun!)Overall the holiday was excellent and I would deffinately visit the Blue bay again!!

Great Place for Groups

We were looking for a decent place to book our group of 22. We received a great deal on the internet and were a little skeptical. It was one of those "too good to be true" deals. Boy, were we pleased when we arrived. We were not expecting anything luxurious, but this Mexican-style hotel was clean, comfortable, and they tried to please. I stayed in one of the "old-tile" rooms, but that was just fine. Some of my friends had the jr suites or newly renovated rooms. They were all nice. As a travel writer, I have been to many hotels/resorts and know what to look for. BBC is off the beaten path, it is located across from Isla Mujeres and does have some sea-grass, but that is all over Cancun during the spring. The small beach by the marina is clean and well-kept. The pool area is small, but this is what makes it great for families on a budget. The restaurant near the lobby has child size tables and chairs. There is also a children's pool and a children's activity center for children ages 4-12.There are a variety of activities throughout the day. We took advantage of the shuttle bus to the BBGetaway club. If you are looking for action, this adults-only club is exciting. When you want to relax, you can come back to Blue Bay Club. Its a happy medium.Our vacation was fun and it went without a hitch.

Blue Bay Club - DinnerBlue Bay Club - Dinner

Blue Bay Club - LobbyBlue Bay Club - Lobby

Blue Bay Club - LobbyBlue Bay Club - Lobby

Blue Bay Club - DeckBlue Bay Club - Deck

Blue bay Club Cancun

by Cat1976

Anyone stayed here...what is it like?

Where is it located?

What is the food like?

Get the general idea, I want to know everything

Thanks
Cat

Re: Blue bay Club Cancun

by pedrocarlos

ITs a 4 stars hotel,Its an all inclusive hotel.Its located on km 3 at the hotel zone,its a medium hotel if you compare it with big hotels in Cancun,its very close to downtown.the beach in this hotel is very quiet....
Enjoy it!!

Re: Re: Blue bay Club Cancun

by Kaspian

Be careful here. There are two Blue Bays in Cancun and the former poster was talking about the "Blue Bay Getaway" which isn't the same as the "Blue Bay Club" (formerly "Blue Bay Club and Marina"). I really like the Blue Bay Club, it's laid back and away from the noise of the hotel zone. Think I've stayed about 7 or 8 times so far. I have some photos on my Cancun page and in my Travelogue. Please check those reviews for more details.
My quick answers:
- I love it, but I've heard some who don't.
- It's in Puerto Juarez, about 15 minutes up the coast from the hotel zone near a ferry terminal to Isla Mujeres.
- The food is always good. I really like the burgers and nachos. The dinners are nice with friendly staff.
Cheers, Ed.

Re: Re: Blue bay Club Cancun

by Whatzmyname

Check out recent reviews at www.tripadvisor.com
Go to the FORUM section and type in your hotel's name and read all the recent reviews.

Comments