Calle Galeon D9-5 Zona Hotelera, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico
Expedia.com AMOMA.com Asiatravel.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 67% less but rated 13% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Caribbean Princess Resort

Bad hotel with nice friendly staff

We have just returned from a two week stay at the Caribbean Princess, Cancun. After reading the poor reports on this website I was too very worried before we travelled. I am afraid that most of the bad comments are very true. The food is very boring and repetative the hotel are trying to cook english meals (very badly), i expected to eat mexican food but all we seemed to get was chicken and rice. the rooms were spacious but something happened everyday ie toilet would break or block, therer would be no hot water, on our first night at the hotel we noticed a leak in the bathroom, water was dripping from the light bulb!! the maintenance man came straight away to fix the problem. after dinner we went back to our room and as i walked into the bathroom the ceiling collapsed water came rushing from the air conditioning unit and the light fitting came with it.
The hotel was so small that in the evenings people were having to chairs from the pool area into the lobby as there are no others bars in the hotel.
for an all inclusive holiday this is a very poor hotel, it would be worth paying that little bit extra to stay in a hotel on the beach close to the hotel zone.The staff were however very friendly and they work very hard long hours .take everyones advise "dont go there" If you have already booked, try to change it

We stayed at the Carribean...

by Canada2424

We stayed at the Carribean Princess. It was part of a package, so it was ok. It had all the stuff you needed plus the staff was great! If I had to do it again, I would probably rent a condo or villa for privacy or stay at more authentic mexican place as I like to emmerse myself in the culture.
I think it's between 60 and 120 USD a night PP so it's not dirt cheap. It's cheaper when you get it in a vacation package. I think it came out to 1200 CDN for 10 days air and hotel. It was a comfortable place that had everything we needed. What else can I say?

nice!!!!!!!!

my husband and i returned from the caribbean princess on 13/01/04,we were there for 2 weeks over the new year holidays.we found cancun itself to be fantastic and will definatly be going again,but as for the caribbean princess we will not be visiting again,we found the food a disgrace and the rooms very scruffy and in need of a repair,the beds in the rooms were huge but like sleeping on concrete.We are quite open minded people so we did not let this spoil our holiday,we had fun making friends with the other guests,and enjoyed the cancun nightlife.

Best holiday i have ever had

I have just returned from two weeks of staying at the Caribbean Princess and thought it was brilliant. The staff are very friendly and do everything they can to make your holiday. The entertainment staff were brilliant they work all day and night to make sure that you have a good time. The rooms are quite big and comfortable. I am going back to cancun in november and I would definatly go back to the Caribbean Princess again. If you are thinking of staying here but have read bad reveiws I was thinking of changing hotels after reading them but I am very glad I didnt it was one of the best holidays I have ever had.

wonderful holiday

My husband and I have just returned from 2 weeks at The Caribbean Princess, and have had a wonderful time at this hotel. The rooms are spotlessy clean, the staff are very friendly and attentive, and the food was lovely. Having been a regular visitor to Barbados for many years we decided on a cheaper holiday (half the price of Barbados), and were really pleased with this hotel. I accept it is not 5 star hotel, but there again you are not paying 5 star prices and value for money it was excellent.

The food was varied and although I do not eat meat there was more than enough choice and some wonderful vegetables to go with the fish, so cannot understand so many comments on the lack of variety of dishes.
The dishes were all wonderfully cooked, and the quality although not the presentation was of the same standard of any Barbados hotel we have stayed in, for half of the cost.

I look forward to returning to this hotel in the future.

Great, Friendly Hotel

Just returned from the Caribbean Princess after the best 2 weeks ever!
Before i left for Cancun, i read the reviews and was dreading staying there. I looked into changing to another Hotel as i thought the reviews were so bad, but i stuck with it and was pleasantly surprised. The Hotel is fantastic for the price. The rooms are extremely clean, the staff were really friendly, i couldn't fault it. If your looking for 5* luxury, then try The Moon Palace, buy you'll pay 3 times as much. The food isn't fantastic but then is it ever if your experiencing a different culture! If we didn't like the food one night then we just chose from the A La Carte Menu. We found the Reps trips totally overpriced and saved $'s going round the corner to a local tourist guide - try it! My boyfriend and i had a fantastic time. I'll definately be returning in a few years to come!

BENIDORM IN MEXICO

My wife and i thought "O my god" when we read the reviews before we went, But we found the Caribbean Princess to be a very clean & nice hotel, food was of normal budget holiday A/I standards, repeated on second week, the pool area was great and the whole hotel was kept very clean, the bar being small seemed a way of keeping drink sales to a minimum, as people went out because you couldn't move, as it got too full at night, that was my only gripe, we paid £1200, that was a fair price, but close to its max value,

IF YOUR THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT GOES ON A/I, SO THEY KNOW THIER DRINKS AND FOOD ARE SORTED, THEN GO OUT EXPLORING AND HAVE MEALS/DRINKS OUT THE HOTEL SEVERAL TIMES,

GO EAST!!!!!

Very expensive to eat out,
And Cancun is the Benidorm of Mexico

Fabulous Hotel!

Me and my partner have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Carribean Princess Hotel and we loved it! The hotel itself is clean and tidy and the staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for us.
Our room was a nice size with a huge bed and had a beautiful view overlooking the Swimming Pool and Lagoon. Their was a great variety of meals available in the restaurant and an A La Carte menu was available in the evening - so even the pickiest of eaters should find something they like! The entertainment staff also work really hard to make sure that everyone enjoys their stay, they spend all day round the pool playing games and getting all the guests involved, and of an evening they do a show aswell, although this only last's 1 hour. Then at around about 10:30pm they take any guests who wish to go out clubbing, into town. Whilst in Cancun I would also recommend that you go for an evening meal in a restaurant in Down Town Cancun called 'Pericos' for a traditional Mexican meal and dancing, and you must go to 'Coco Bongos' (a nightclub owned by Jim Carrey) on a Sunday night for the show alone. For anyone going to The Caribbean Princess who is worried about all the bad reviews my advice is, don't worry! This is a lovely 3 star hotel who I would definately recommend to my family and friends. I enjoyed my stay so much that I'm already planning on returning next year.

Worst holiday of my life

There were four of us, we booked and paid for two double rooms and when we arrived, exhausted, were told we could only have one between the four because they had overbooked. Not only were we all cramped in one area but the whole of the first week was wasted because of problems with the shower and water coming up through the bathroom floor, flooding us out. Also the airconditioning unit was faulty and leaking.
The maintenance??? men came up about 15 times and still didn't sort it out until 8 days later. The Manager (Easy) was obnoxious to say the least and not in the least bit helpful. The food was cold and repetitive, we had cockroaches in our "Room". They were also seen in the restaurant. The water took 10 minutes to get warm, the "local" drinks were practically non-alcoholic, or "watered down", and to top it all we are still suffering from severe food poisoning some three weeks later. If you are a young person who is more interested in clubbing and nothing else then you will enjoy yourself. When you are that age that's all that matters. You don't care what the rest is like. The majority of youngsters who have posted probably did have a great time with Charlie and his gang, oblivious to the realities, unfortunately. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone - please go elsewhere.

Great hotel-Great staff!!! Why all the moaning??

by TripAdvisor Member RobinWOxford

We have just returned from a 2 week holiday at this hotel. Having read some of the comments, I think some people were unlucky- some are utter claptrap!!! This is, as stated a 3 star hotel and thats what it is. It was spotles- I've never seen so many people cleaning!!! There are comments about the food- yes, it does cater for English people- but us English are fussy eaters and if there were lots of Mexican food and little else- guess what? people would moan. The food is excellent- with choices of pork, chicken, beef, turkey - mexican beans and other different varieties of mexican style food. I have an extremely fussy daughter but she never complained about ANY of the food and ate well.The rooms have been commented as being 'old fashioned' -come on... they are fashioned in MAYAN style...you know, old mexican. The rooms are large with good size bathroom/shower. The water does take a bit of time to filter through but I was never without hot water. The pool is good as is the swim up bar etc.The only drawback to this hotel is that it backs onto the lagune and not the beach. However, feeding the fish after breakfast is a delight. If you want the beach then there are large areas within short distances for public use. You can also use the beach at the hotel opposite.As for the staff.... I have never been to a hotel and made so welcome. I cannot say enough as to the friendlieness ans helpfulness of all the staff. NOTHING is too much trouble. They are just so nice.This is a thoroughly good hotel which is packaged at a budget price- if you want 5 star this is not the place for you. If you want a relaxing place to stay within easy reach of all the amenities like bars and nightclubs, then this is fine (La Boom nightclub is 2 mins walk).As a regular contributor to TripAdviser I say it as it is- and this is a place I would recommend.

Weather early - mid OCt ? also Caribbean Princess ??

by gurdo

Hi Guys,

new to VT and hopefully will be new to Cancun. Was thinkning of booking my holiday around 2nd &3rd weeks in October. Is the rain bad?? Whats the rainfall forecast for around then like? or historically?? Also is it a case that it only rains for a few hours then it clears up??

Finally the deal I've spotted is for an All Inclusive at the Caribbean Princess on the Yucatan Peninsula - I believe this hotel faces the Nichupte Lagoon - does any body have any comments or experiences on this hotel??

Many thanks again..

gurdo

Re: Weather early - mid OCt ? also Caribbean Princess ??

by laurasabb

Well...

Rainy season is Sept - mid October. You might just miss it. It rains bad and usually the whole day.

Last year it was beautiful until late October and then it started. We got stuck in the rain a lot. It especially was bad when all the girls were dressed beautiful to go out and we arrived at Dady'O everynight looking like wet puppies with makeup smeared all over our faces. BUT we had a blast and are going again this October.

We had two rainy days out of 6. As for the hotel.. I am not sure I know it but if it faces the lagoon then chances are it is on the opposite side of the beach. Ask the hotel which side it is on. The beach side or the lagoon side. If it is on the Lagoon side I say to change hotels. Nothing is more beautiful then walking out of your room and being two minutes from the beach. If it is on the lagoon side, then you have to cross a busy street and find a beach access point. That wont be very nice.

have fun and enjoy the beautiful beach!

Re: Weather early - mid OCt ? also Caribbean Princess ??

by PremaMarie

Q: Greetings All

Would you be interested in a Vacation Rental or Swap?

I have a Big Suite at the Krystal Beach Resort in (your choice of) Cancun, Ixtapa or Puerto Vallarta or Mexico City. 2 adjoining rooms each with private entry bathroom and each with king or 2 full beds and kitchenette. Like having Two Rooms for Price of One. Two couples can have their privacy and can sleep up to 6 people.

It can be used Oct to Nov, 2004 OR

It can be used between these dates

FROM APRIL 22-29,2005 TO JUN24-JUL01,2005
AND FROM SEPT 09-16,2005 TO OCT 28-NOV 04,2005

You can choose your location and any of the dates in between.

I also have a studio at the same hotel if you wish for any dates you want.

I can probably get you someplace with my RCI banked week as well. Let me know your thoughts. Name your place and date and I will see what I can come up with.

Starting date or ranges of dates I would be interested in
anytime between November 1 and December 31st