Chac Mool Hostel Cancun

More about Cancún

Cancun Airport ShuttleCancun Airport Shuttle

Ferry to Isla MujeresFerry to Isla Mujeres

moneymoney

the views are greatthe views are great

Trying to go on a trip to Cancun when I turn 18, what steps should I take?

by k-russ

So, I'm 17 right now, and next Spring break I'll be almost done my final high school year. Myself and 5 of my buddies will all have sent in to universities and colleges and we'll have our acceptance/rejection letters, so seeing as most of us will be 18, we wanna celebrate by going down to Cancun for a week at an All-Inclusive resort, just the boys. We all live in Vancouver BC right now.

Thing is, I really just don't know where to start. Do I need a special kind of debit card to rent a hotel room? Who should I meet with? What will I need my parents to sign? How should we go about renting the rooms?... Any insight at all would be nice. Thanks :)

Re: Trying to go on a trip to Cancun when I turn 18, what steps should I take?

by YVRDave

Buying a AI package from a travel agent will not require a credit card and you won't need one at your hotel. Transat Holidays, Nolitour, Sunwing, Signature and Sunquest are the more popular suppliers, and most require using an agent.
at 18 you will not need your parents permission to travel, it is a very respectful thought though. You need your passport now to travel to Mexico.

Re: Trying to go on a trip to Cancun when I turn 18, what steps should I take?

by iam1wthee

You do not need a special debit card to rent a room, meet with anyone, or your parents. I recommend getting an all inclusive on the beach and not the bay. Its best to stay in Isla Cancun particularly near Cancun Center or Plaza Caracol in resorts like Riu, Fiesta Americana, Oasis and Dreams. They are located within walking distance to clubs and stores. The airports have shuttles to the hotels but check with the hotel you book to see how much they charge for shuttle service.

Check out http://www.cancunmx.com for more advice.
Check out http://www.kayak.com or http://www.farecompare.com to compare air hotel packages
Check http://www.viator.com for discount on tours. If you are going to do tours its cheaper to book tours before you go.

I am not sure if they offer this in your country but if you can get a prepaid international GSM phone or bmobile to save money on roaming.

Travel Tips for Cancún

A party tip

by Fullmoonfever

A fact everyone should keep in mind when booking a resort or hotel in Cancun is that it has a reputation as a party town...and it is!!!! And some hotels attract these kind of vacationers.
Its not a bad thing, just keep this in mind. I believe that the less expensive hotels would have the most party people and the parties go on all night.!!!!!!!!

Playa give you a good choise...

by enigma58

Playa give you a good choise of location, close to cancun that I will descrive as little Miami...with crazy teenager americans and mexicans seling every thing that they can put their hands on, but the ruins of Tulun are 40Min and belice is only 4 hours by nice airconditionet bus....cozumel a ferry ride of one hour.

Turtle Beach (Playa Tortugas)

by ATXtraveler

If you are coming in on a cruise ship and just want to relax on a close beach, then Playa Tortugas fits that bill. Right next to the tender location is a stretch of beach where alot of children were busy enjoying the water and fairly safe little harbor area. On the other side of the tender pier were lots of sail boats and the typical scuba/parasailing tour company boats.

Snorkelling at Cozumel

by Gard

We went snorkelling one day at the island of Cozumel. This is located just outside Playa and the ferry over takes about 30-40 minutes. The reef that goes from Mexico down to Belize is the second largest reef in the world and I was impressed when we started snorkelling. The depths varied from 1 to 15 meters but it was not a problem to see straight down to the bottom. We saw lots of fish, lobsters and we even spotted a couple of manta rays. We bought this 'deal' on the pier in Playa and I think that we paid something like 500 pesos for two. We were taken out to three different locations in a glass bottom boat and the instructor that went into the water with us was great. He was constantly on the move and he pointed out were we could spot interesting stuff. And it was great to have a cold beer after snorkelling :-). The waves were pretty big when we went in the last time and he was pretty exhausting to keep up with the instructor. But this part is something that I will remember for a long time.

I will return to Tulum one day

by rachel_sun

The best time to go is between Oct-March because it is not so hot and humid.Between April-Sept there is a risk of hurricane and rain.I found the weather perfect when i went,not too hot,just right and not humid in the evenings. Tulum is soo beautiful,you have to see it to believe it.I just stood there for about five minutes speechless at its beauty.

Comments