Club Arrecife Cancun

Costs about the same, but rated 25% higher than other 3 star hotels

Good For No Data

More about Cancún

My Echo kissMy Echo kiss

Work colleagues and myself in CancunWork colleagues and myself in Cancun

Snorkel and see the beautiful fish!Snorkel and see the beautiful fish!

Map of the zoneMap of the zone

is Cancun Safe?

by barrykgold

I am going to Cancun in Nov of this year. I will be staying at Azul Sensatori.

Do i have to worry about any Drug Gang Violence?

by xymmot

You do not have to worry about drug violence at Azul sensation Resort. It should be safe. The only way to be unsafe is if you look for the drugs. Most tourist area tries to keep this type of trade out of the tourist zones, but unfortunate there is a market for drugs by the tourist, thus begins a turf war, drug trade. Cheers tommy x

by robine

by pencho15

Quintana Roo is safe and away of the drug mafias violenece that has recently marked Mexico.

by Odinnthor

The Yucatan peninsula is likely one of the safest areas in Mexico, so do not worry, - especially about drug cartel violence. Have a blast in Cancun....d:o)

by allaboutmexico

Most of the drug violence is pretty concentrated in other areas- it's almost like asking if you shouldn't visit New York City if there was a murder in LA. Most of the tourist areas in Mexico are safe.

Just because Cancun is a tourist area, you shouldn't go looking for trouble. Be smart like you would be at home.

by YVRDave

Avoid the area where the Strip Joints are

by JimmieT

I live in Cancun and not in the Hotel Zone. I live near La Luna & Nechupte, (Google It) I go out any time of the day or night without fear. There is more drive byes, drug violence and shootings in downtown Atlanta than you will ever see here. I can assure you the drug lords of Mexico could care less about the Cancun Mexico Hotel Zone.

Most of the violence and shootings are on the border areas. Don't you read the newspaper and look at a map?

In the last 6 months there has been one fire bombing of a bar that is in an area of town that tourists never go to. Other than that I was attacked by four Hooters girls with jello shooters but recovered nicely several days later.

Come on dawn and enjoy Cancun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmie T
www.cancuncasinodirectory.oom

by YVRDave

LOL, Hooters Girls, good one

by xymmot

YVR Dave, your profile picture is a copy, you're a fake.....I will have to call the Canadian authorities on this one.
Maybe they will get you approved. LOL Cheers, Tommy x

people are weird huh?

Travel Tips for Cancún

Finally - Truly affordable cell phones for Mexico

by Absinthia

Cell phones are great to have anywhere of course, and they're even more useful when you don't want to waste precious time waiting for or wondering about others. Cell phones are also not cheap to use in Mexico - until now.

On our last trip, there were 2 couples and we each rented a cell phone from Mexitel Cellular. We chose them for the price (definitely lowest), reputation (very good), and because they send you the phone in the US so you can use it to contact and confirm your transfer as you're collecting your luggage from the luggage belt.

What I didn't realize at the time was that the new prices for airtime there (for this company anyway) is cheaper than using a cell in the US. As an example, we could call each other (and other phones in Mexico) for 50 cents for a 20 minute call. That is cheap, but it's not the biggest deal... You can call anywhere the US (and Canada I'm told) and talk for 20 minutes for $1. I thought it was a mistake. It was not.

Anyway - it was great to have cells we could actually USE while there and one of the reasons was to keep us coordinated. You see, the guys wanted to look at and do certain things and we wanted to look at and do different things (sometimes, and of course), so when they had a cell and we had a cell we didn't have to stay together the whole time or struggle and constantly make plans to arrive at specific places at specific times to be together. Also to be able to call home and check in with the kids (and not be rushed) for $1 was great.

Almost forgot to add this:
Place to rent the phones is Mexitel Cellular (www.mexitel.net)

Isla Mujeres

by Jackie1688

Don't expect anything like the hotel zone when visiting Isla. Expect that it is a much more laid back island and is not built up like the hotel zone. Once you realize that, get a golf cart and visit this beautiful island for what it is. Don't forget to stop at the beach bars (especially Sergio's) that's the best. Shopping there is so much more reasonable than the hotel zone. If your looking for adventure, stay in the hotel zone. If your looking for raw beauty, visit Isla Mujeres. My fondest memory of Cancun has to be the sunshine, the ocean, the breeze and the smells. I miss all of those things when I'm not there. I also miss Isla Mujeres. This was our first time visiting the island and it won't be our last. Relaxing and beautiful.

All of Cancuns beaches are open to everyone

by rachel_sun

All of Cancuns beaches are open to everyone.From downtown to Punta Cancun the coast is protected by Isla Mujeres.Most beaches have bars and restaurants and watersports facilities .5000,000 people live in Cancun. Here i am drinking the local Corona lager at a beach bar,beautiful.

Chichen Itza Light and sound show

by Fullmoonfever

In the late evening there is a light and sound show. It starts at 8pm. We did not stay for this, (we had been there all day in 98 degree temps), but I did hear that its well worth seeing. The cost if I remember correctly was about 35 pesos, or $3.50. This is of course in addition to the admission price.

Go to the beach. Getting a...

by mgard27

Go to the beach. Getting a tan in Cancun is the best...you'll turn golden bronze as if you've been kissed by the sun. The water is warm and so clear it's like a bathtub. There are all kinds of see-through fish swimming in the shallow water, but I don't think they're dangerous. The sand is so fine it will stick to your body like glue--and work its way into every part of your camera! This beach wasn't too busy...I think we were some of the first people there that morning.

Comments