Club Tulum

Carr. Cancun-Tulum Km 90, (formerly Robinson Club Tulum), Xpuha, Riviera Maya, 77710, Mexico
#122
Rank 122 of 217 hotels
in Cancún
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
kimod74's Profile Photo

Club Maeva Tulum - A Bit on the Boring Side!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 5, 2004

My husband and I stayed at the Club Maeva Tulum for 7 nights the week of November 22nd, 2004.
Once we got to the hotel check in was fast. There was no wait! The lobby was quiet, unlike the bigger hotels where there is many more people the Maeva is much smaller and more quaint. The hotel had cancelled our room due to the fact we missed our first night (layover in Dallas), they were able to reinstate our room quickly, but this concerened me. I mean we were booked for 7 nights, of course travelers come in late but you don’t cancel the room right away, what if this were Xmas time when the hotels are near 100% capacity and because we were late by one night they cancelled our room and gave it to someone else? What if this were the case and we didn’t have a room? Luckily they were able to get us into a room but I was disappointed they cancelled us so quickly!
The hotel grounds are very nice. The hotel sits way back from the road and is more “jungly” I guess you would say than some of the other hotels that are right by the main highway. Club Maeva has several meandering paths through the jungle and above the beach that are nice to walk through. The beach is nice, but you can’t always find a chair! Especially during the busy holiday weekends. For the most part if it is a calm day the water is calm, the first day we were there it was very windy and the water was very wavy.

Unique Quality: The Rooms: I was quite impressed with the rooms. They were very nice, and clean. We got a room on the main floor. They all have balconies. We had a great view of the lagoon behind the room. The A/C worked fine the entire time we were there. We had some problems with our toilet being clogged a couple of times, but we called down to the front desk and it was fixed before we got back to our room. Maid service was ok. I left tips every day ranging from $2-3 a day. One day I left $3 and didn’t get any towels, washrags left for us! I was like, OK! We just used our beach towels, I guess I could have called down and had some towels delivered but I just didn’t feel like it, needless to say I did not leave a tip the next day. Now, I have stayed in many hotels in Mexico and I know the beds are firm and it doesn’t bother me, but the beds at Maeva ARE EXTRA EXRA FIRM, actually the firmest and hardest I have ever slept on! So beware.

Directions: About 40 miles south of Cancun in the Mayan Riviera. About 15 miles south of the town of Playa Del Carmen. About 10 miles north of the Tulum Ruins. About 5 to 8 miles north of Xel-Ha Eco Park and about 8 -10 miles south of Xcaret Eco Park.

6 Photos of Club Tulum

Cancún Travel Forum

Need advice about Cancún, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Cancún and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cancún hotel reviews