Punta Cancun s/n, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

Expedia.com Booking.com Agoda.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• punair's Profile Photo

Best location on the hotel strip

Dreams Cancun Spa and resort has the best lcoation since it is on the the tip of the L-shaped strip. Thus it has the beach on 3 sides. The stay was wonderful with very good service and lots of activities.

Unique Quality: The all-inclusive package made the trip worth is because the resort had a good variety of restraurants and bars.

Directions: On the tip of the L-shaped strip walking distance from Downtwon and night clubs like Coco Bongo

More about Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa

Authentic Mexican club

by madmary71 about Azucar

Nightclub Azucar, part of the hotel Dreams Cancun. It's open for public and offers a unique opportunity to enjoy Caribbean music and to dance to the tropical beats such as Samba, Merengue, and Salsa with a real live band! Real senoritas can really move those hips effortless. Plus I get to see the real locals having a blast and busting some moves in the dance floor.
I love the fact that my girlfreind and I are a couple of oriental chicks and yet we were treated by the staff and clients with respect. We were even asked to dance by a couple of salsa afficionados. Whenever we get "shy", one of the bouncer will actually ask us to dance with them. It was too much fun! If you want to get away from the usual "North American" music or club scene, then this is the place for you to really immerse yourself in the Mexican culture. No sneakers.

Great vacation at the Camino Real Cancun

We spent our summer vacation at the Camino Real Cancun. Together with my wife and 3 children (5,7,10) I spent a fantastic week in this lovely hotel. The touroperator recommanded this hotel because of the great Kids Club, the save lagune and the friendly staff. The kids just loved the Kids Club, they swam in the lagune with sea turtles, they learnes how to snorkel, were racing on waterbikes and had a free lunch every day! They made a lot of new friends. While the children were save and enjoying themselves at the Kids Club my wife and I went shopping in the great shopping malls that were within a walking distance, went to the fabulous Spa (you should really try a massage in the massage ´palapa´ outside, it was great, the fresh ocean breeze, the sound of the ocean..) Every morning we had a delicious breakfast in the Camino Real Club and a great cocktail during the Cocktailhour in the afternoon. We talked with one of the employees and she told us the Camino Real Club was renovated last year, it really shows! I really loved the tower, the beautiful oceanview, the large rooms with comfortabel beds and of course the wake-up call with coffee and newspaper every morning! I recommand this hotel to everyone, it is located on the best place in Cancun, has a great mexican architecture, beautiful beached, a lagune and a great staff. All the ingedients for a perfect holiday!

Best view, best beaches, best place

My friends and I have just retourned for spending our vacations at Camino Real Cancun, a very recommendable place if you are looking for relax and feel as if you are in the middle of nowhere because the hotel is almost totally surrounded by water, does not matter where your room is located, when you look outside all you see is the blue of the sky combined with the blue of the sea.

During our stay, we enjoyed its calm beaches, the delicious food that is offered in their different restaurants and the excellent and very personal service that they gave us.

It surprised me that after being 2 days in the hotel, we arrived to the restaurant La Brisa to have breakfast in front of a beautiful ocean, and all the staff called usby our name in a very warm and friendly way.

In addition to all of this, the hotel is 5 minutes walking to all the best bars and restaurants in the hotel zone, thanks to this, during our stay we just take the bus to go downtown wich is also very nice.

If what you are looking for your vacations is to coexist with nature of the Mexican Caribbean in a warm atmosphere and feeling like you are in your best friend´s home, choose Camino Real Cancun, it´s the best option.

You get what you pay for but

I agree with the earlier gentleman...You get what you pay for...I stayed at the Camino Real Cancun from June 29th to July 3rd. My unbiased observation is this--For the money spent the grounds were kept up well.The hotel itself is decent. What bothered me were the rooms. If you are going to remodel, lets not forget the rooms as well, especially the restrooms. The tub/shower stall was pretty nasty. I was worried that I might catch jungle rot....I did have a decent view overlooking the lagoon. Its just the rooms were a major turn-off...I recommend this hotel to students or senior citizens. Fo honeymooners, take my advice, pay the extra money and stay next door at the Fiesta Americana Coral Beach...This is a beautiful hotel with great beach front where you can walk quite the distance. the beach front is very limited at the Camino Real Hotel...Of course your travel agent will not tell you this...Lets be honest, Cancun is a tourist trap, expect to shell out big bucks.....NOTHING IS FREE THERE...THE LOCAL PEOPLE DO NOTHING WITHOUT ASKING FOR A TIP IN RETURN...expect to wait in long lines through immigration and customs...It is absolutely a nightmare..Sorry..Just being honest..This is why next time I will keep my money in the U.S....Bottom-line if you are on a fixed budget and are going to Mexico for R&R the Camino Real will do. As stated earlier if you want to do it up right, stay at the Fiesta Americana Coral Beach....

Smelled like a basement!

by TripAdvisor Member CarolinaGirl

After spending months meticulously planning our much needed getaway to Cancun, we unfortunately choose the Camino Real. This was our first trip to Cancun and if I had to stay there again , it would be the last! Let me just say that the overall friendliness of the staff was much appreciated, and the private beaches were lovely, but beyond that nothing else was very good at all. Our room smelled horrible, very musty and damp. We were told the AC hadn't been on and after awhile the smell should go away after it cooled down. WRONG! I barely made it through the night(coughing and weezing from the mold). My allergies were killing me. Pretty romantic, huh? Anyway we asked to move rooms the next morning..no problem ...EXCEPT that ALL of the rooms smelled of mildew. She probably showed us 3 or 4 different rooms. That's always a good way to start out your first day of vacation. Finally she offers us a Tower room, apparently these are newer rooms that don't smell as bad. She wanted to charge us an xtra $70 per day. There was not even any difference really in the rooms. So we decided to take a jr. suite they were offering. It included a gorgeous balcony with jacuzzi overlooking the beach, a small dining area, a living room with couches, and a double bathroom. We ended up spending an extra $125 a night. Well worth it. Every penny! Should have booked that room from the start. A breakfast was included, as was afternoon cocktails and appetizers. Very nice , and the service was very good in the tower. Come to find out they were doing major renovations a few floors above, so from 9AM to 5PM all you could here was constant pounding. And to top it off this terrible smell of laquer thinner came into our room every day. We tried to make the best of it, by relaxing in the jacuzzi and enjoying the beach, but pretty much our vacation was one big headache , and if it wasn't for my husband begging me to stay, we would have gone home early. Next time I think we'll stay at the Fiesta Americana Condessa, or the Marriott CasaMael choice. I always read these posts and I say I'd never write a negative review, I always felt some people are just never satisfied. Well I'm not hard to please at all and this place was just horrible.

Loved Camino Real

My Husband and I just got back from our Honeymoon in Cancun and stayed at Camino Real. While I agree that the Decor and the Hotel is not asgrand as Fiesta Americana and some of the other hotels you will see, We thought that our stay was excellant. The food was excellant, the people thereare great and the beach is beautiful. We did not stay in the Club towers, our room was ok but the view was great. If you want to stay in the middle of everything this is not your place but if you want to be away from everything and relax i reccomend Camino Real. The pool Bar is great you can order your drinks and lunch and have it served to you. We had the best time and are sure to go back.

dreams resortsdreams resorts

Dreams Cancun Resort and Spa

by cancun2006

Does anyone know how the repairs are going at the Dreams? I'm planning a trip there the 2nd week of January & want to know what to expect. Thanks ahead of time for any replies!

RE: Dreams Cancun Resort and Spa