El Pueblito Beach Hotel

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 31% less but rated 13% lower than other 3 star hotels

• britesparkles's Profile Photo

Don't Eat Here?

Well when we got there it was fine, someone showed us to our room and we fell asleep duh!! Our room was right on the beach front so you could here the waves (you were just waiting for a big one to swallow you up!) There are about 10 pools in the place and a water slide. The pool bar was ok although plastic cups? lowered the standard a bit! There were three or more restaurants (we went all inclusive). The A la carte restaurant is not applicable for all inclusive but was the nicest and relatively cheap! During the day there were activities in the pool! Some water aerobics were a bit explicit and about six people collapsed at the time of my stay! All were 18 year old drunk, stoned Americans who went down for summer 'vacation' as they call it! The legal age is 18 in Mexico, 21 in America! Towards the end of our stay it got a bit boring and we all came down with food poisoning....lay in bed for two weeks when we got home! It could have been a isolated incident but I have my doubts about the cleanliness!

Unique Quality: RIGHT BESIDE THE BEACH AND THE POOLS WERE NEVER PACKED! CARIBBEAN CAN BE ROUGH AT TIME!

Directions: Quite a bit outside Cancun!

• Cat1976's Profile Photo

Back to Basics

I really liked the style of this hotel.

It is one of the oldest hotels in Cancun so retains the features of only being 3 storeys high with a lovely entrance lobby and a real local feel to it.

The rooms were spacious and clean with full air-conditioning.

Food was slightly limited as most 3-4* all inclusive hotels are, but there are plenty of restuarants in Cancun so going hungry was not a problem.

Unique Quality: Swim up bar and the friendliness of the staff definately makes this a lovely hotel.

Is on the beach side rather then the lagoon side which is a bonus.

Evening entertainment was interesting, but made us laugh.

Don't expect to get drunk. Not only is the alcohol watered down when possible, but they don't like to give the women too big a measure in their drinks!

One final tip.....STAY AWAY FROM THE LOCAL WATER, ICE AND SALADS WASHED IN LOCAL WATER AT ALL COSTS!

• Real Mexican Atmosphere

The El Pueblito was certainly the most Mexican looking of all the resorts in Cancun, it had a real local ambience. I can't really say anything terribly bad about this place. I stayed there with 4 other friends in March of 2002. The rooms were fairly nice, very Spanish looking. The bathrooms were a good size. We had a pretty decent view. I do have to say that the staff was always very friendly, especially Jose the bartender. The staff was pretty accomodating - and tried their best to make your stay comfortable.
    It was by no means a 4 star hotel, the amenities and the hotel itself were clearly dated and could use some remodeling, but again....they were absolutely up to par and comfortable.
    The only thing I could complain about was the lack of choices as far as restaurants and bars. I did enjoy most of the buffet food, the pool bar was alright. And there were only 2 bars, that weren't open that late and the drinks were pretty watered down. But we weren't really concerned since we went out alot. Overall, i would definitely recommend this hotel for someone on a tight budget...it had everything you needed. I'm going back at the end of Jul 2004 and this time i'm trying the Oasis Cancun....hope its at least as good!!!

Unique Quality: Great, huge interconnecting pools!!!!!
    The room view we had wasn't the greatest, but i'm sure an ocean view would be incredible.
    The facilities were a little dated, but always clean and maintained as well as possible
    The beach at this hotel wasn't the best....very small.

More about El Pueblito Beach Hotel

El Pueblito in Cancun

by Spanner about El Pueblito in Cancun

All inclusive worked out to be very good value for money as Mexico is expensive, the hotel is built in a hacienda style layout, lots of bright coloured buildings and furniture, five shallow pools, views excellent, staff very friendly and helpful, etc and lots more

Ruinas Del Rey ("Ruins of the King")

by PopeyeD

A local ruin in Cancun opposite El Pueblito Hotel. (next to the Hilton Hotel Golf Course). Costs $3.00 a person. A small Mayan ruin. Dates back to 200 B.C. and has a small pyramid. Many Iguana.

Amazing place!!

I stayed at the El Pueblito Beach Hotel during Spring break 2002. I loved it there, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel itself was awesome. The room was big and had its own patio. The food is good and beach is incredible. If your looking for a hotel that is affordable but also nice go here!!

mostly fine

Just like anything else, El Pueblito has good and bad things.

First the couple of BAD things.
El Pueblito is advertised as having 5 POOLS. True; however, not one of these pools is deep enough to do any REAL swimming--they are all about 2" to 4" deep. This is great for kids, but what about adults? The BED was very small, and did not seem to be what I consider clean. The sheets, pillows, and blankets were old, rough to the touch, and "spent-looking." The BEACH, while having beautiful sand, is difficult to use because of where the hotel is located. El Pueblito is located in front of open sea, meaning there is no land protection on either side of the beach, therefore, the waves coming to shore are strong. Not good for kids at all. The undertoe is too dangerous and could take them out to deep waters.

Now, the GOOD things:
All the staff is super friendly. They bend backwards to serve you and do it with a smile.

The FOOD is fine. You will have three choices of eating experiences. To go to the regular dining area or to attend the Italian or Mexican restaurants. In the general eating area you will eat buffet style, The other two restaurants have sit down style meals. A very important point to remember is RESERVATIONS are required for the Mexican style restaurant only (usually must reserve the day before). All eating areas are open on the sides, so you will have birds flying in the visit, and a small family of cats will also visit you. Don't let this bother you. Everything else about the restaurants seems clean and much like anywhere else. And don't forget, if you use the ALL INCLUSIVE vacation, eating at those restaurants will cost you nothing but the tip for the good service. The WATER is filtered throughout the hotel, so you need not worry about getting sick from it. Don't forget, it does have a "different" taste (I don't mean bad taste, though).

Generally, we liked the experience. There are a few things, mentioned above, we wish had been different, but traveling is a discovery experience anyway, and for the money the vacation is a good value

Absolutely Fantastic Time! (A Real Review)

I took my girlfriend (she had never been to the ocean before) to Cancun and we stayed at the El Pueblito from August 30 - September 2. The hotel is very uniquely style and it reminded me of going to an old mexican town in the resort's overall look. Our room was modest by all means yet VERY clean. I've read about how people complained about the A/C problems and we had no problems at all. In fact, the rooms were actually a bit too cold which did get annoying at times. We just opened up the sliding door to the balcony and the heat would warm up the place pretty quick. The bathroom was clean and basic which is all you can expect in Mexico. One problem was that there wasn't a stopper in the bathtub. But taking a bath might have been uncomfortable since it was like a big marble box.

The food was OK but was pretty bland. Breakfast was probably the best meal since they had fresh fruit available along with excellent omelets. One thing to remember, the pop/soda down there is much different than in the US. We finally decided that there's not that much carbination in pepsi and coke down in Mexico. We never got sick though and I was quite impressed with that.

The staff at the El Pueblito were extremely friendly and were reasonable with our room request. Word to the wise, the Penthouse is not worth the $25 a night unless you're really wanting that ocean view. We had a partial ocean view with a king size bed. There also were some sea turtles that hatched the night before we left on the 2nd but we unfortunately missed the show of them working their way into the ocean.

The El Pueblito is quaint and kinda homey to say the least. But don't think that you're going to get the Hyatt or the Hilton because it is not that. It's a budget-minded resort with many unique features that you probably won't find at other resorts.

Stephen - Saint Louis, Missouri

Leftovers and crappy rooms

My family and I just returned from Cancun on Sept 8, 2002. We stayed at the El Pueblito hotel and were severly disappointed. We went the all inclusive route and paid way to much for this place. The website on this hotel totally misleads you about the rooms. When I first saw the rooms my stomach sank. My husband described them as resembling a mexican prison. The website made them out to be gorgeous rooms. If you believe that you're wrong. They also serve leftovers on the buffet. I did not pay 1500.00 a person to get leftovers and a horrible room. I feel I got jipped in that area. However, the pool area is nice and the shows at night are fairly decent, but I will not ever stay there again. If you are looking for a paradise, don't stay here.

best 2 weeks ever

i stayed at the el pueblito from the 27th of august - 11th sept. it was the best 2 weeks ever. the entertainment staff were excellent espacially carlos (charlie), Nexa, freddy , oussi and Baloo. this is my second time here and i loved every second of it. there was a party of ten of us so as u can imagine that made it a whole lot better. im only 14 so every1 else that cane was older than me but that didnt stop me from having the time of my life. i will definatly return for a 3rd time soon... the food was great and i havnt got a bad thing to say about it... the service were great especially Marselle who made layin by the pool just that extra bit more fun. she was great and i really miss every1 i met there.

El Pueblito Hotel renovations ???

by qqaz

Hi I'd like to ask if anybody knows present situation of El Pueblito(Mexican village hotel) in Cancun as of today June 19 ?
Because I heard they are doing some kind of renovations. Is the swimming pool open,how about rooms,the beach,lunch,etc. ?

RE: El Pueblito Hotel renovations ???

by Kimi2464

I just called my travel agent and she advised me that there would be no shows, no lunch, or non-motorized sports. I had her change me to another hotel.

Comments