4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Boulevard Kukulkan Km 16.5 Lote 44, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• alayres's Profile Photo

Great Hotel

The hotel is great and everything went fine on my stay. The staff is friendly, the rooms are comfortable and clean and the service is fast. The pool area is very good also, especially for kids. The breakfast is excellent, but make sure you have included in your package, since the price is expensive.

The room service is not expensive, if you have to use it, but the frigobar is. So I recommend that you buy water, sodas, beer and food at the OXXO market near by (there are 2), which is much cheaper and they are open 24 hours.

The only annoying thing is that they keep trying to sell you the timeshare plan and you need to know how to avoid that, although they offer get great discounts just for you to listen to them, but I don´t have pacience or time for that.

I surelly recommend this hotel!!!

• Nice Hotel say Hi to Felix

Had a blast...was here two years ago and it is still one of the best trips. Felix was the activity director and he was a blast...kept everyone going and only bother you a little if you wanted to be left alone.

• aineetiny's Profile Photo

WE WERE TREATED LIKE ROYALTY

Stayed in Fiesta Americana Condesa MAY 9th to May 13th 2004. Best Hotel ever, we were treated like royalty from the time we set foot in the hotel. All of the staff was excelent, that´s the way to treat a guest!!. On the evenings they left a chocolate on our neatly made bed. Room service was FAST...It excedeed our expectations. great kids playroom (10:00 am-2:00 pm, and 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm). Just Do not eat breakfast there, Not that the food is bad, is just that the breakfast buffet is 20 dlls per person, and you can get the same for 9 dlls, at Captain´s cove (just walk down to the Omni, Captain´s cove is IN front) SUPER FRIENDLY STAFF there too (child under 5 does not pay). GREAT tasty big buffet FOR 9 dlls. We had breakfast there every day. It has a view of the lagoon. Getting back to the Condesa. i thought the mini bar prices were really High. 1.5 liter bottled water was almost 5 dlls, you can get water and other munchies for much less at various OXXO quicky marts. there is one next to captain´s cove, there´s also a Mc donalds, Domino´s pizza and subway. Please take the public bus every where you go, it cost 6 pesos, about .55 cents dlls per person and it goes thru all the hotel zone. Some go to mercado 28 and walmart. They have big signs on the front were they write where they go, but all go thru hotel zone, children under 5 do not pay. WE didn´t eat any of our meals at the hotel, For good food Visit COme and eat at La Isla Shopping center. For a good italian dinner visit Italiani´s, on the lagoon side near party center. At La isla shopping center take the Intercative aquarium tour. PLEASE USE THE COUPONS they give you when you arrive at the airport, save some money!! You can go thru them while you lounge at the pool area, and plan your meals. i would recomend the condesa to families or couples. would not recomend to spring breakers.

Unique Quality: THE POOL WAS IMPECABLE, A LOT OF CHAIRS TO LOUNGE IN. GREAT POOL AREA SERVICE, THE WAITERS WERE WONDERFULL. THERE WAS ALWAYS SOMEONE CLEANING. Every single one of the staff members said good morning (evening, afternoon) with a big smile on thieir face. The airport transfer from the airport to the hotel zone is 9 dlls per person in a airconditiones van, (children under 5 dont pay). Room service was FAST...It excedeed our expectations. I had a headache once, called room service and they quickly sent a bell boy so he could bring me some aspirin. All of the staff was excelent, that´s the way to treat a guest!!. The room was impecable, they cleaned our room twice a day, we were received to a fresh clean room every time we got there

Directions: HOTEL ZONE KM 16.5, ABOUT 15 MINUTES FROM THE AIRPORT

More about Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun

The Best Vacation Ever!

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana Condesa in Cancun from March 10-15. It proved to exceed our expectations. The resort is very nice and staff are very friendly. They make you feel welcome the minute you arrive. The Condesa is very clean and there are always staff cleaning, sweeping, etc. The grounds were well kept and the pool and beach were very nice. We spent almost every day by the water and there were always staff coming to ask if they could get us something to eat or drink. We usually ate lunch at the "Kambu" outdoor restaurant right next to the pool. The meals were good and usually cost $7-12 a person. The drinking water at the Condesa is purified and so we usually asked for house water. They usually tell you in Mexico to not drink the water. However, most of the restaurants around Cancun gave us their purified house water at no cost. Be sure to ask the hotel or restaurant where you are at. We drank a lot of the "house water" and did not get sick at all. We did not have the all-inclusive package as we preferred to eat at several places around Cancun. We found that the local bus takes you to Walmart so we bought some snacks and breakfast foods. Expect to pay top dollar for snacks and breakfast room service. We ate dinners out of the hotel as we preferred to have more of a variety. The trip was very relaxing and we were definitely glad to have stayed at the Condesa. It is located further out from the busier strip of Cancun. We went during the time when most Spring Breakers were downtown partying. However, not being of that age group, we were glad to have been at the Condesa. The Condesa did not have many college students but the population was made up of mostly couples and families. We highly recommend the Condesa and would definitely stay there next time we visit Cancun!!

Great place to stay!

The Fiesta Americna Condesa Cancun was absolutely the most enjoyable vacation my wife and I ever had. The oceanview was gorgeous. The pools with the waterfalls overlooking the beach were very relaxing. The beach was very clean and beautiful. The food was average but not bad for Cancun. The hotel overall was very clean. We definetly will stay here again.

Absolutely the best hotel in Cancun

by TripAdvisor Member Karisma_T

From the moment we arrived, we were treated with the upmost respect. The staff is very friendly and definitely service oriented. Everywhere we went, we were kindly greeted. Staff was always visible cleaning and repairing to make sure the hotel was maintained in top condition. The hotel has a lot of character, very spanish with an open air infrastructure which made it very soothing. Gorgeous lobby area. We had a nice ocean view room on the 8th floor in the main building, we would wake up to a beautiful sunrise from our bed and watch the waves as they crash on shore while the beach was still empty. Absolutely gorgeous view! There was turn down service with chocolates in the evening which was nice. The beach was wonderful, furnished with very comfortable cushioned lounge chairs under nice palapas. Servers are present every 10 minutes to take orders for lunch or drinks that you can have right on the beach. We had a delicious breakfast every morning in the main restaurant "Kalmia" and a few lunches in the open air poolside restaurant "Kambu" which also overlooks the ocean. I thought the prices were reasonable considering we did not do the all inclusive. Dinners were usually elsewhere, we like to venture out of our hotel in the evening. Not once were we approached with a timeshare offer, instead we were given a "Fiesta Key" card at the concierge desk that was good for discounts for dining, services and purchases made in the hotel. We definitely will be staying at the Condesa on our next trip to Cancun, not only because it is a beautiful hotel but the staff is hard to beat. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning a trip to Cancun.

Comfortable - feel relaxed and at home

I have stayed at The Condesa four times in the last six years and continue to come back. I have actually booked other hotels just to change back to The Condesa at the last minute. The hotel is beautiful and the service is great. I am always amazed at how the bartenders and wait staff remember my name from year to year. They cannot pronounce my last name so they affectionately call me by my first name - Senor Tomas. When you enter the hotel you immediately feel at home and comfortable. My check-ins have always been a great experience and my room has always been fantastic - great view and exceptionally clean. I enjoy the breakfast buffet in the morning as there is a great variety of foods to choose from. I am amazed at the person who said they paid US$60 for two people at the breakfast buffet - I have never paid that amount! The food prices are average compared to all Cancun hotels. I also buy the "Meal Plan" tickets (if they are still available) to get a break on meal cost. The pool area is fantastic and the beach even better. Wait staff is always on call to provide ice cold drinks and snacks or lunch. If you're a sun lover the hotel is physically situated to provide sun all day long in the pool area and beach - the hotel itself never shades the sun. The last time I stayed at The Condesa I did notice that the pool area and rooms needed a little updating. I am visiting this year in May 2003 and understand that the hotel has updated both of these areas to the tune of $8 million dollars. I am really looking forward to seeing the renovations. This hotel is somewhere between the stiff and refined upper ends (Ritz-Carlton) and the party hotels. It is a pleasant combination of both - you can party during the day but at night when you want to sleep it is quiet and safe. In my opinion if you stay here you will not be disappointed - American's can get so uptight - relax and enjoy and open yourself to the experience and remember not every vacation you take will be absolutely " being able to adapt. Take in the exceptional sweetness of the Mexican people and envy their ownership of this extremely beautiful geography. Treat them with the utmost respect and you will reap the rewards. A couple of tips - for dinner check out Tony Romas and TGI Fridays even though they are American chain restaurants - I had fabulous food at both. So folks relax and enjoy your vacation at The Condesa. Senor Tomas

Condesa - Could not have asked for more...

My wife and I just returned from Cancun and both agree the Condesa was beyond our expectations. This is a classy hotel with a really open feel and design that fits the surroundings. Service was great A-Z. We booked through Expedia and when we first got there we were told they did not have any ocean view rooms left. After showing that we paid for "deluxe view" they squeezed us into a first floor room which was nice but did not have the greatest view. A day later after working with Gabriel we had an amazing 6th floor ocean view room. Pool and oceanside service was excellent. The pool is gorgeous and complimented with the beautiful beach was a sight to behold. One caution, if you have kids you should watch them closely because the sea is definitely a little more rough where the Condesa is located and undertow can be pretty strong. Maid service was great and included nightly bed turndown. Definitely felt 5 star but in a Mexican way...not a New York Ritz way if you know what I mean. If you stay there check out the breakfast buffet at Captain's Cove, nice little 3 block walk from the Condesa and very cheap (8.95 usd) It has seating right on the lagoon and wait staff that is incredibly friendly. This was definitely our best vacation to date...we will see if we can top it the next time we visit!

Cancun, Mexico (or is it?)

by hajin

We were looking for a vacation spot fairly close to NYC--a spot that included beach, fun and relaxation. I had just resigned from the worst job I could ever imagine and I needed to go budget-level. So, we thought, why not Mexico? Well, I've only been to Cancun so I can't really say I've been to Mexico. Don't get me wrong--the beach is gorgeous, the sun is strong, and Chichen Itza is pretty impressive. Still, when I am staying in an area referred to as the "Hotel Zone," can't think I'll learn anything about Mexico...

Then again, different types of experiences have different values. If you're looking for a vacation where you don't have to think about different cultures (and cuisines as well), and your goal is to relax and have fun (mainly with other tourists), then Cancun may be for you. As for myself, I think it would not merit a second visit. I'd rather go to a different Mexico...

This photo is of the view from our particular hotel--the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun (which, by the way, we chose purposely because it boasted the largest palapa--thatched roof--in the area).

Fiesta Americana CondesaFiesta Americana Condesa

View from the Fiesta Americana Condesa HotelView from the Fiesta Americana Condesa Hotel

by Arrabiata

Heading to the FAC on the 26th of this month. Anyone been there? Wondering if it's worth paying extra to bump up to ocean view or if the lagoon view is cool.

Also, if i'm gonna go ocean, worth it to jump up tp jr suite? And has anyone had luck just slipping the check in guy a $50 for the bump up...

Any general suggestions appreciated!

Re: Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun

by amcclean

I can't vouch for the ocean view outside that particular hotel, but I got ocean view when I stayed in Cancun, and it is absolutely stunning so I would definitely recommend it. Nothing like waking up to see that beautiful blue right in front of you...

Re: Re: Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun

by amcclean

Oh by the way we just asked for ocean view when we arrived and they gave it to us. Whereas I had read that the thing to do was slip some money to reception... so always try just asking first.

Re: Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun

by brkilbourne

It can be loud at times if your to close to the oceon, but you probably won't care. Most of the hotels do not work that way. Ask & see what happens.. Do not use the hotel phone , check out my pages

• Jul 26, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I am sorry! I stayed here 3 weeks ago and I would NEVER return. The pool was dirty, the food was lousy and the room had a horrible odor. I was offered an upgrade to ocean front and I had to pay for it. For example, the women's bathroom next to the pool back up daily. When I informed the staff they simple pushed all the waste into the walkway. We stayed in other places in Cancun and would tell you to stay elsewhere. If you are going on vacation you work hard for a nice stay. For the cost of the Fiesta Americana there are so many better options.