Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Great Hotel

I am not too picky about where I stay, as long as theres a bed with clean sheets and a bathroom near by i am cool. So when my sister booked this place for me i was alittle bothered. i was hoping to spend less on accommodations so that i could have more cash to sightsee with (and all that touristy stuff).
    I have to say though, the place was NICE, the service was great, the location was perfect. Our room was huge, very clean and looked like a suite.

• PopeyeD's Profile Photo

A Beautiful Hotel

Rated a Five Star Hotel. (Not All-Inclusive). Stayed for 9 nights from 08/17/05 to 08/26/05.Located in hotel zone near northern tip (Punta Cancun).Overall a great vacation in a great hotel! This was my first time in Cancun, and I would definitely recommend this hotel!
    PROS: Room-Stayed in Jr. Suite in west tower on 5th Floor with excellent beach & pool views!! Every room at this hotel is ocean front with a terrace. Excellent service, and beautiful beach, pools, room, and grounds. Hotel Staff was friendly, and any requests were met almost immediately! Check in and check out were a breeze. Hotel is about 25 min. from the airport. Read on other sites that some people complained about the firm beds. My wife and I slept great!!(Maybe all of the sun and cervezas!!) Located near the "Club Zone".Most of the big clubs &bars are within walking distance. Restaurants: 3 Main restaurants-La Joya (Mexican),La Basilic(Mediterranean),and Isla Contoy(Open Aired and ocean front with international menu).Ate late lunch at Isla Contoy and the food was very good, with great views! Prices from about $10 to $25. Also ate lunch from the pool bars.(They will bring your food to the beach).They serve quesadillas, fajitas, nachos, pizza, burgers, wings,chicken bites,club sandwich,etc. All were good. Heard great things about La Joya (even from the locals) but never tried it or La Basilic. We went out for dinner on most nights.24 hour room service. Heard of a breakfast buffet for I think $25 but never tried it. Three pool/beach bars(two with pool swim up bars).Waiter service for drinks and food on the beach. Three connecting pools. Very clean, with one volleyball net. Water was very warm.

Unique Quality: Beach was beautiful. Isla Mujeres is an island about 45 min.away by ferry which blocks the beach from any big waves or rough undertows! Water is clear and aqua blue in color.(Were the Gulf of Mexico meets the Caribbean Sea).Palapas(Small Tiki umbrellas)are a must!! Sun is very strong and you will need some shade. Small coral reef within roped off part of ocean with decent small fish for snorkeling. Nice Lighthouse to the east of the hotel grounds. Good snorkeling near it front of Dreams Hotel. We went over there with no problems.(Beach is federal property). It's about a five minute walk from Fiesta.

CONS: Pools and Beach "close" around 8:00 PM. We went swimming on our first night and were asked to leave by security.
    Coffee in room is available but costs approx. $4.00 a pot. (Bring your own + filters!! Sugar and creamer is free!) Does not have any nightlife!! We weren't really into the club thing. The strip is right down the road from the hotel. Would have been nice to have had a beach bar open late with a little music or entertainment. Lobby bar is open later, but never checked it out. Drinks are a little expensive. Beer is around $4 for Mexican beer and $5 for imported (Bud, Heineken, etc.).Mixed/frozen drinks average $10 or $11. (Snuck a few beers on the beach with no problems). Palapas. Some people are rude and will come down in the early morning to "reserve" one by placing their towels, magazines, newspapers on the lounge chairs to make it look like they're using them. Meanwhile they won't be seen for hours. The palapas go quick.

Directions: Northern area of Hotel Zone.

More about Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun

Fiesta Americana was an...

by sun_seeker35

Fiesta Americana was an excellent place to stay. Very courteous, the rooms were very nice, great view, and very clean! The pool was fabulous..nice design, bar in water, lots of room. Close enough to watch the beach, but if you were tired of sand you could still hear the waves.
U.S. 120.00 nightly Great pool, view was fab from every room. Best feature was the outside restaurant and having a delicious breakfast watching the waves roll in and sipping on that first cup of java. Extra nice!

The Fiesta Americana.
The...

by kablchic

The Fiesta Americana.
The only word is 'Incredible'! The open-air lobby is
is covered by a 50 foot thatched hut roof, floored in marble and ultra luxury. Shops line the sides, a bridge crosses over an indoor stream and the whole place is filled with plants, fine furniture and
a lavish open bar area. You have to see it to believe it. The rooms are pristine, each having a fantastic
patio view of the ocean. The beach is clean and
the water is warm. The hotel staff caters to your every need, want and desire. This is a wonderful place to stay and I wouldn't think of going anywhere else.
Pricing depends on the time of year.
I got reservations through AAA and it was $86.00 per day with a kingsize bed instead of the $236.00 quoted online. There are three restaurants at the Fiesta Americana.
Two of them are outside. There are lots of birds perched on empty chairs waiting to grab a snack.
They are fun to watch, but watch your food too. I lost
a perfectly good peice of toast that way.

This place is wonderful!

Just returned from a 8 night family vacation at this hotel and it was absolutely beautiful. This was our first time in Cancun and we will return to this hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean. The beach and pool areas are huge and very beautiful and clean. The kids club was the very best. Our kids are 4 & 6 and enjoyed the kids club which is "free". The restaurants are pricey, but we found a little supermarket(deli) next door that was reasonable and very good. If you want a relaxing vacation with a hotel that has everything and you don't want to be bothered with time shares, this is the place. This place is great for families. It would be hard to go back to Cancun and stay anywhere else but the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach.

WISH I READ THE PREVIOUS REVIEW BEFORE I BOOKED IT!

Since I had stayed at Fiesta Americana properties previously and was very satisfied, this hotel experience was quite a shock. I stayed at the Fiesta Americana in Acapulco about 13 years ago with no problems, and stayed at the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach in Cancun last year (absolutely beautiful). Now I know the Coral Beach is much more expensive, but I still expected courteous service, etc. I had read the previous review "room without a view", unfortunately, after I booked my vacation. So when we checked in, I made sure to ask for a room away from the construction site. The clerk at the desk said the only rooms available were on "that side" of the hotel, but acted as if she did not know exactly where the room was facing. She was also quite unfriendly and wouldn't even look at us (I wonder why). Sure enough, our room directly faced the construction site (Room 206). Boy what luck! You couldn't even go out on the balcony without the workmen all staring and gawking at you, and you would have to practically hang over the balcony to even see the ocean. Since we had been up since about 4:00AM that morning travelling, I tried to take a nap in the afternoon. Impossible with all the noise right outside our window (cement truck included). We were told several times that the hotel was totally booked and they could not change our room. To top it off, we kept asking various hotel employees (about 5 different ones) what time the construction stops and were lied to every time! First we were told 6:30PM (after seeing the next shift arrive at 6:00PM), then we were told they work 24 hours and when I got upset, was told "I think now they stop at 8:00PM", then we were told they stop by midnight. Well, turns out they do work 24 hours a day! I complained again and said how are we supposed to sleep all week? How can you even reserve rooms under these conditions? After a while, they kept telling us to check with the front desk - people would be checking out "tomorrow", but it was always on the same side as the construction. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease, because the next morning they miraculously found us another room on the other side of the hotel with an ocean view. The only catch was they told us at the last minute and made us rush to pack and get out of our horrible room by 12 Noon. Then they had the audacity to say they told us to check by 10:00AM for another room (which we were never told). We started to think that maybe because we got a good deal with American Airlines Vacations and booked the "super saver room" (a "deluxe" room at a discounted rate), that they put us on that side of the hotel and initially refused to change the room. That problem solved......The room service food was terrible. They had a very poor excuse for a "gift shop". No other shops at all. I have been to Cancun 4 other times (all different similarly rated hotels - except for the Coral Beach) and this hotel is so old and rundown looking on the outside compared to everything else. I had stayed in Baltimore, MD for one night at the Holiday Inn Express and I have to say the rooms there were nicer! After this experience, I do not want to stay at a Fiesta Americana Hotel again. Apparently, if they think you don't have money, you get treated like dirt.

A Great Hotel

My beautiful wife and I just returned from our honeymoon at the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach (FAGCB). This was our second trip to Cancun - last year stayed at the Moon Palace - and after reading several reviews on this website we finally decided to try the FAGCB.

Turned out to be a great choice! We upgraded to the Grand Club, which as other reviews have noted, provides a continental breakfast, drinks and snacks during the day. I must say, that my wife enjoyed this much more than I did, since I'm not too much into Salmon on my bagels, and the snacks and pastries were just ok. It was nice being able to grab a Coke or a beer at no charge, but unfortunately you can't take it with you. The Concierge ladies and the waiters were all extremely pleasant and helpful. One young lady, Claudia I believe, recommended we have dinner at La Madonna, an Italian restaurant at La Isla mall, which was fabulous. I highly recommend trying this place!

The hotel itself was always in beautiful condition. The rooms were more than ample, with a nice sitting area, and a small balcony. I agree with another reviewer that the balconies are right next to each other, so you might not get much privacy, but to be honest we never saw anyone in the balconies next to us. Our room was on the 11th floor which provided a wonderful view of the ocean and pool area.

The pool was very nice, with multiple levels and several different areas with varying degrees of privacy. It was not too busy during our visit, so the place never seemed crowded. Just steps from the pool was the beautiful beach. The hotel had ample chairs and palapas, so we were always able to find a nice spot. We had food brought to us both poolside and beachside, and both times we found the food to be good and reasonably priced for this kind of service. We did try a Margarita that was just ok - but the rest of the food was good.

Next to the hotel (a short walk around the corner) is a water-taxi that for $15 per person will take you to Isla Mujeres. Actually, they sign you up for the water taxi there, but then they escort you on the public bus down to the pier where the boat departs from. My wife and I both enjoyed our day exploring this island, but I would suggest that you do NOT rent a golf cart from the boat operators. Don't get me wrong, they will get you a cart for a fair price, but I think there are better ones available once you get there. Our cart was soooo slow that people on other carts or mopeds were flying past us. My wife and I agreed that we would have been much better off renting a moped. After our SLOW tour around the island, we parked the cart and relaxed on the beach at the north end of the island. If you order food or drinks from one of the little places on the beach, you have access to their beach chairs, hammocks, and sun shades. Very enjoyable.

We also ventured down to "Market 28", using the local bus system. Had a great time browsing thru the little shops. Be prepared - just about every "shop" (more like a flea market) has someone outside trying to pursuade you to look at their goods. Can get a little annoying, but if you just have some fun with it you can really have a good time. We spent a couple of hours roaming the place, found a few trinkets, and headed back to the hotel.

It was always nice to come back to the FAGCB after venturing out for awhile, and just go relax at the pool, sit on the beach, or enjoy the view upstairs at the Grand Club while sipping on a drink.

My wife and I both agreed that our stay at the hotel was wonderful. We enjoyed our stay last year at the Moon Palace as well, but their beach was lousy (yes the pool was probably the best in Cancun), and their service was no where near as good as the FAGCB. We are a little undecided yet about whether or not we like the all-inclusives (like Moon Palace) better or not. On one hand, if you don't go all-inclusive then you can explore some of the fine dining available locally. On the other hand, it sure was nice laying by the pool or beach and ordering drinks (alcohol or non-alcohol) all day long without worrying about running up a huge bill. It's too bad the FAGCB doesn't offer an all-inclusive plan, but you can get quite a bit out of the Grand Club if you decide to upgrade.

If you are thinking of travelling to Cancun, and aren't worried too much about the price, I would highly recommend the Fiesta American Grand Coral Beach. It's a wonderful facility with first class service.

Best place to stay in Cancun!

Just returned from a week's vacation in Cancun at the luxurious Fiesta Coral Beach... It was a great way to get introduced to Mexico (first time to Cancun) and have it all. The staff at the hotel are so friendly, and courteous..always accomodating your needs. The hotel is clean, food quite good and enemities excellent.We didn't have to venture far from our hotel to have fun.. The pool was made so that people can have fun and relax in different areas (though dissappointed - no hot tub!!)... My son enjoyed the different levels that the pool had to play in (so did the adults) and the beach was steps away as well.I highly recommend the Fiesta Americana Coral Beach.. location is great and the hotel has it all.

Great hotel!

My husband and I stayed at the Fiesta Americana GCB hotel in mid-June. We did a great deal of research before picking a hotel and were very satisfied with our choice. Here are the pros and cons - to help you make your decision. Pros: Excellent service, extremelly attentive, very clean and beautiful grounds, fabulous pool area (which was important to us) with a nice beach. The beach had some waves but is somewhat protected so that the waters are calm for swimming. The beach seemed nicer than some of the others we viewed. Nice, spacious, clean rooms. (Request a room facing the pool and beach). The swim up bars were great (and we don't even drink alcohol) and we found most of the food very reasonable pool side. (hamburger and french fries for $7.00). The gift shop in the hotel has sodas for $1.10. LOCATION - this was great - we were very close to everything we wanted. The time share people did approach us once in the hotel but once we told them we were not interested they steered clear the rest of our vacation. Cons: Spa/fitness area was nice but you are charged to use it ($5.50 a day), very little evening entertainment. We would have enjoyed some live music or something, beds were somewhat hard (I heard another couple mention this to the concerige - so I guess we weren't the only ones that thought so), no jacuzzi.One more thing - if you stay at this hotel they have a good exchnge rate (pesos to dollars) so change your money before you shop. Some hotels rates were not as good.Hope that helps!

Fiesta Americana Condesa Pool Open?

by Lisa312

Has anyone been to the Fiesta Americana Condesa since December 20th ,2003? I understand the pool was closed for renovation. My travel agent says the pool reopened on the 20th. Does anyone know if this is true? Also interested in any recent experiences with this hotel. Thanks.

Comments