Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun

Seccion A, lote 3 Km. 8.5, Boulevard Kukulkan, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 58% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• "Our employees will steal from you they are human"

I took my wife and grown daughters and their husbands for a week stay October 23-30, 2010. We had three rooms. On Thursday an employee stole my laptop, all my credit cards and $1600.00 cash from my wallet. We were at the hotel Spa for three hours. The robbery occurred while we were at the Spa. The hotel services manager (Jesus Arteaga) told me "if you do not use the safe our employees are human and they will steal from you." I was shocked!! I thought an upscale hotel provided some element of security that the employees were checked and trustworthy. I cannot put expensive luggage, clothing and shoes in the safes!! On Saturday the manager told me that I needed to make a police report. I called the Police Department and they told me to take a taxi to the station. I told the Police Officer I had no money and no credit cards. He told me he would wait for me and hung up. I found a CCTV Camera in the hall by our room. I asked the hotel services manager if he reviewed the video tape - he said he did not know there was a CCTV Camera recording?????

Unique Quality: The pool was very dirty. All of my children got sick from the food. The weather was fantastic. It is too bad that the hotel staff view guests as targets. It is too bad management accepts this fact.

• maranasca's Profile Photo

Cool Breezes and Relaxing Feel

I had a wonderful time at The Fiesta Americana, so much that we continue to stay at these hotel chains. They offer a relaxing and succulent happy hour with excellent appetizers and nice music soft to the ear.

Unique Quality: The palapa that overhangs the receptoin area is unique to mexico and allows the cool breeze to come in while you are looking at the tranquil sea.

Directions: Right on the main strip- easy to get a taxi to and from town.

• catkin's Profile Photo

Fiesta Americana-Cancun

Ideally located within walking distance from the main nightlife area but far enough away not to be disturbed by noise, the Fiesta Americana is built in hacienda style.
    The hotel has all the amenities you would expect of a 4star hotel. The rooms and bathrooms were well equipped and spacious and all had balconies overlooking the pool and sea.

Unique Quality: The freeform swimmimg pool was set in a lovely garden setting and there were plenty of sun beds to soak up the sun on.
    The beach in front of the hotel was lovely with pure white sand and the crystal Caribbean sea.

There were a good choice of restaurants in the hotel to choose from and the buffet style breakfast was unbelievable with everything you could imagine including chilled champagne!

• EllenG's Profile Photo

Fiesta Americana Cancun

$105-175

Unique Quality: Luxurious. Pools, waterfalls
    Room Service. Restaurant on Site. Pool. Valet/Laundry. Multi-lingual Staff. Tennis Courts. Golf Course. Child Care Available. Bar/Lounge on Site. Balconies. Water Views. Fully Air-Conditioned.

Directions: Paseo Kukulkan km 7.5
    Cancun, Q. Roo 77500
    This Mediterranean-style hotel is beautifully landscaped and overlooks the Caribbean Sea. Located in front of the Plaza Caracol shopping mall.
    Located in th

More about Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun

Fiesta Americana Cancun needs help

by TripAdvisor Member TravelingTraveler

January 2005

We just returned from one week at this resort. We have mixed feelings about it. When we checked in on a timeshare exchange (our RCI 2 bedroom resort for a studio here), we were given a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the resort's sideyard where "stuff" was stored and a further view of the enormous RIU resort's hot tub/sunbathing area with a huge gazebo-type roof beyond which was the ocean. We requested a higher floor with a better view; after all, we gave up a 2 bedroom at our resort for this studio. The staff person that night said they were 100 % full and we could check back on Sunday or Monday. I know he did not want to deal with us because we told him we would not prepay a "tip" for services which we hadn't received yet---he wanted us to sign a form authorizing such a tip. The next morning, my husband and I walked all the floors of the resort on the RIU side of the building to see which rooms had people checking out. Then, around 2 pm, we went to the front desk and asked to be changed. The same staff person was there and he said he couldn't move us. I gave him two room numbers which I knew were vacated and he said but they have been assigned to guests who haven't arrived yet. I told him we were there so put us in the room and assign the yet-to-arrive guests to our current room. He said he would have to talk to his supervisor. Then, the supervisor came out and said they were 90 % full and couldn't move us. I asked about the 2 empty rooms. He said he couldn't move us because then he would have to send the maid back to our room to clean it again after we left it. We told him the maid hadn't even come yet so that was not a problem. Then, he thought for a while and said well, the 2 empty rooms are lockoffs that have been reserved as part of a 2 bedroom unit. He had us there. But we insisted that he must have some other rooms so he finally had another staff person show us 2 rooms: one was on the 5th floor looking squarely into the side of the huge RIU building next door. The second room was on the 4th floor and had the same view as our original room except we were 2 floors higher. We took that room. The newpapers that week said that the hotel zone resorts were experiencing 59 % occupancy. We knew the resort wasn't full because there weren't many people around day or night. We felt lied to and that colored our feelings about this hotel during our whole stay.

There was a HUGE dead cockroach in the elevator one night which scared the daylights out of me. Towards the end of our stay, our room had an off-and-on faint smell of sewage. I think it came from the bathroom area. The door between our studio and the one bedroom unit rattled constantly because the people on the other side had their balcony door open so I had to stuff paper in there in order to get a good night's sleep. The sliding balcony door did not close properly, nor lock and it took 3 days for a repairman to fix the sliding rollers but he could not get the door to lock because the door lock and the corresponding piece on the doorjam were not in sinc. The door had to remain unlocked. The maid would clean after 3 pm one day and before 10 am another day. There was no consistency.

The only good part of the resort was the buffett breakfast. It was absolutely delicious. However, they charge $17 USD per person unless you buy the "package" which is three days of breakfasts which can be used on any days you like---then, the cost comes down to $10 USD which is a good deal.

It is a small, very quiet resort. Just ignore the timeshare sellers and you will be ok. We unplugged our phone because they would call early in the morning! The front desk staff needs training in customer responsiveness!!

Great Time Share Resort

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana Cancun from 11/13 to 11/20, 2004. It was a great place to stay, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The resort is an older resort but it has a teriffic location on the hotel zone. The best thing is that the pool at this resort gets sun all day long. Felix, the activities director is just full of energy. The food at the pool restaurant is very good. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone wishing to vacation in Cancun.

Loved the Americana Cancun

My boyfriend and I traveled to Cancun for a vacation Oct 4-10 and stayed at the Fiesta Americana Cancun and loved it. The hotel was very nice. It was a smaller resort with it's own private beach but it was beautiful. The pool was nice and blue, everything was clean and the staff was friendly. We stayed in a two bedroom suite with two friends of ours and thought that it was a great room. The air worked well, the water was hot, the room was clean and the balconies provided a wonderful view of the ocean. What a beautiful view we had. The hotel was quiet and clean. We only saw a few ants in our kitchen but that was because we left some limes out all night. Other than that no complaints what so ever. Our maid cleaned very well and we tipped her $2 a day.

The location is wonderful. It is walking distance to all the clubs and shopping. If you don't want to walk then take the bus. It is only 7 pesos. We only ate their once for lunch and the guacomole and salsa was wonderful as it was everywhere we ate. There is a little place across the street named Blue Cactus and they have $1 coronas and wonderful chips and salsa as well. I would recommend this place to anyone to stay. Very nice! It is a little pricy in Cancun more than we planned but all in all we had a good time. There is great shopping and barder a lot. When you start to walk away is when they come down in their prices. It's amazing how $50 can turn into them taking $10 for it. Have a great time in CAncun and enjoy the beach, weather and pool at the resort. Very relaxing and very beautiful!

Cozy Resort, Centrally Located, Beautiful Views!

My family and I recently spent one week at the Fiesta Americana Vacation Club in Cancun, Mexico, from January 29 to February 5, 2005. We are Hilton Grand Vacation Club owners in Hawaii and were expecting a resort equal to the Hilton Hawaiian Village on Waikiki in Hawaii. We were not dissapointed. We reserved a two bedroom plus unit, as we were told the "plus" would guarantee us a full ocean view unit with more square footage.

The FAVC Cancun is located at mile marker 8.5 on the key of Cancun, near downtown. The flea markets, night clubs, Hard Rock, Carlos and Charlies, and other restaurants were w/in a 15 minute walking distance, as were a supermarket and liquor stores. Other fine restaurants were only at most, a $10 cab ride away. The hotel is in a horseshoe shape around a courtyard and pool area, facing the ocean. Room location is key at this hotel, as you definitely want a room facing the inside courtyard or directly out to the ocean. If you're on the outside, you will face two large hotels very close to you, or the main street, which is loud. By reserving a two bedroom plus, we guaranteed a full ocean view on the end of the horseshoe, as these are larger and face the ocean directly, with spectacular views of the Carribean sea and Isla Mujeres.

We arrived to the hotel at 6 am due to our flight schedule and after talking with the helpful front desk group, we were in our room by 9 am, even though they only have a limited number of the two bedroom plus units, and check in isn't technically until 4 pm. Our room was on one of the ends of the horseshoe-shaped resort on the 3rd floor. Our room faced directly out to the ocean and we were only 50 feet or so from the ocean, so we could hear the waves break all day and night, which was great. The room did have a bit of a musty smell, but I attributed this to the humid warm weather in Cancun. It was clean with tile floors throughout. There was a nice kitchen, even though we only used it for drinks and snacks, eating all of our meals out. For a fee of $3 USD/day, we had daily maid service and she was extremely nice and happy. She left us flowers and made towel-sculptures - nice touch! The room was clean all week, the showers hot every day, and we couldn't hear noise from other rooms much at all. The only very annoying problem we had with our room was that the key cards stopped working daily! We went through over 40 cards until the fourth day when they started working more consistently. They gave several excuses, including humidity in the card readers, low batteries, etc. Bottom line, it was annoying to have to run back to the front desk to get more keys all the time!

This resort is smaller than most of the mega-resorts in Cancun, and emulates a small, charming resort very well. The lobby and grounds were very beautiful and recently remodeled with marble appointments and a brick courtyard. There was a beautiful ample-sized pool with a swim-up bar and seaside restaurant and bar, open all afternoon and evening. There was free coffee in the store/deli, which had reasonably priced beer, soft drinks, snacks and other things you may need while in Cancun, like sun tan lotion! The lobby also had computers with high-speed internet, which was nice for connecting with home.

The beach was small, but had very nice palapas with chairs, and had a nice swimming area by a hotel pier. Towels were provided, but make sure your towel is clean, as I think they may reuse dirty towels late in the day if they're running out! The beach/pool waiters were prompt and very nice to deal with. Drinks were less expensive than most other Cancun resorts and you can bring in your own drinks/snacks, which is also rare in Cancun! We ordered food on the beach every day from the restaurant and it was quite good.

Felix, the events coordinator, was an extremely upbeat and polite guy, full of energy. He organized kayak tours, water aerobics, beach and water volleyball, ice cream breaks, etc. every day. While many other reviews mention the timeshare salesmen on premises as annoying, they called us only twice when we first arrived, but left us alone after we indicated we weren't interested. The front desk group, bellman and cleaners were also happy to help and polite!

Fun things to do are day trips to Tulum or Chichen-Itza, Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, Xel-Ha, Xcaret, shopping in any of these places, sitting by the beach relaxing, and drinking pina coladas! Great restaurant suggestions are Captain's Cove (seafood), Lorenzillo's (seafood) andThe Destileria (true Mexican fare). Fun places are Carlos and Charlie's, Senor Frogs, Margaritaville and Pat O'Briens. The food isn't the best at these spots, but is ok, and they all have great atmospheres!

In summary, Cancun is a great destination resort area, and the Fiesta Americana Vacation Club Cancun is also a great smaller resort, that has location, views, ample services (store, restaurants, etc) and a nice staff going for it. While I woudn't give it a five star rating, it is definitely a four star that allow you to have a very relaxing and enjoyable vacation. My family and I will definitely be back, as this resort met our expectations well!

Older Resort, Needs Renovation

by TripAdvisor Member CaribbeanSole

Stayed at the FA-Cancun Oct 8-15th 2004 as HGVC member. Location was good, walking distance to many resturants, shopping and nightlife, otherwise public buses were the way to fly....and I mean fly!
Many sections of the hotel smelled of mildew, including our room. We were told smell in our room would be taken care of and promised no spraying of a deodorizer as a means of taking care of smell. They did of fairly good job of removing mildew odor, not as strong after "clean-up" done. Don't know why maids aren't reporting odor and taking care of mildew before several customers complain? Otherwise, your typical timeshare hounds (say no). Beach is beautiful, also the pool. Felix the Cat is FABULOUS....truely the finest asset to the Fiesta Americana Cancun Resort ! (he's the activity director). We would return to this resort and Felix would remember you, where you were from and the kids names ! He makes you feel welcomed and wants you back again...truely not a phoney. Maybe Felix should be selling the timeshares instead of blowhards like Mr. Peele (stated he was the developer) from Cozumel who "doesn't need you to buy a timeshare to get a paycheck, I get paid whether you sign or not"....very poor representation of Fiesta Americana Corp. Remaining resort staff was very gracious, helpful and did anything they could to assist you with your needs.

Okay, if you get the right room

The Fiesta Americana Vacation Club in Cancun does not live up to the high standards of HGVC. It has its good points and its not-so-good points.

1) There are rooms on the outside hallways of the hotel that are directly over an extremely noisy ventilation unit with a view of satellite dishes and a construction site. The ventilation is so noisy that we were unable to open the doors and use the patio. The construction site next door uses extremely bright flood lights that shine into the rooms until about 11:00 PM. On this same side of the hotel, there is a Disco down the beach that plays bass-booming music from midnight until about 3:00 AM. Beware of room 368 and any rooms on the same side of the building.

2) The staff was very accommodating and moved us after only one night in the noisy room.

3) The rooms on the inside hallways of the hotel face the ocean. The room we were moved to (455) had an excellent ocean view. I think there are a few rooms that might see more of a tree than the ocean, but 455 is a great room.

4) There were no bugs, contrary to what others reported. However, mid week through our stay, an exterminator and a security person arrived to spray the room. It took hours of airing the room out to diminish the smell. I really wish the staff would spray rooms on checkout rather than during the stay. I don't want bugs, but I don't want to breathe freshly sprayed poison or walk on it in my bare feet.

5) The housecleaning staff are fabulous and well worth the $3 per day tip required by the hotel. Most days we found a "towel" animal creatively placed on our bed. A nice touch!

6) Music plays continuously, all through the night, outdoors. I really wanted to hear the ocean, but I didn't want to hear Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, and other pop stars singing along with it. I'm not a pop music fan, and I think it's presumptuous of the hotel to think every guest wants to hear pop music from the USA. During the day, perhaps, but at night the hotel should let us enjoy the sounds of the ocean.

7) Felix is one of the most upbeat, energetic activity directors around.

8) On check in, we were escorted to our room by what we thought was a hotel staff. After he took a very long time to show us every detail of our room, he sat down at our table and started to talk activities. I was tired from travel and I thought we'd never get him to leave. Then I worried that he might be moving in! It turns out he was a timeshare salesman. After he got us to divulge our occupations during casual conversation, I could see the dollar signs in his eyes. He tried hard to get us to come to the "free" breakfast for a sale pitch, but we refused. He also tried the ruse of asking us to attend just so he can get credit for getting us there. We still refused. Then he tried the pitch about getting us discounts on activities. Believe me, I'd much rather pay full price than sit through a 90 minute presentation and a one-hour standoff with a salesperson than save a measly $10. In fact, I'd be willing to pay $10 to guarantee that the timeshare staff would leave me alone!

9) The hotel food is much more expensive than comparable food in the USA. We had one nonalcoholic fruit punch at $5.50 per drink and ate one breakfast at $32 for two.

10) The hotel is conveniently located to lots of excellent food. Our favorite is 100% Natural. A freshly prepared fruit or vegetable drink there is twice the size, half the price, and four times the flavor of anything you can get at Fiesta Americana. About $2.50 to $2.75 USD. The breakfasts and dinners at 100% Natural are fabulous -- sort of nouveau Yucatan cooking -- very creative. Try Pochos -- poached eggs on cactus -- for something different. It's yummy.

11) Although the beach is small, it is beautiful. Most people used the pool, which is nice too.

12) It was wonderful to have private transportation to and from the airport. FA arranged that with us before we left the USA. It it worked out quite well.

13) The bus is conveniently located, fast, and inexpensive. It's the best way to get around.

14) Cancun is more like Las Vegas than it is like a beach paradise.

Comments