4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Boulevard Kukulcan 16.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 19% lower than similarly priced 4.5 star hotels

• Incredible Resort

Ok all the bad reviews from before are obviously people who jut can't be pleased. This place is incredible. The grounds are perfect, beautifully maintained, clean with beautiful, landscaping, palm trees, beautiful flowers and delightful wildlife. Resident peacock is amazing and the iguanas are very cool. The pools were cleaner than any I have seen before. The food is awesome, buffet has large variety of fresh, delicious food. The other restaurants just as great. The staff were all very helpful, accomodating and polite, always willing to help. The bartenders were all very friendly and talkative and always remembered you from day to day.The spa was amazing, the staff there were very kind and the cost for services were less than any other resort I have been to. $78 for a full body massage...for an hour...over looking the beach? really? it doesnt get better than that. The young adults were noisy at times but they pretty much stayed at one end of the pool which didnt bother anyone. If your looking for quiet.. mature adult only places to vacation, maybe Cancun isnt for you. The view was amazing, we had a beautiful view from our balcony of the grounds and carribean..AMAZING, and we asked for a upgrade to our room so we could overlook the ocean and because there was a room availbale they upgraded us for free. Never had a problem with using my credit card and was never discouraged from using them. The only staff member that was less than friendly was in the hotel store, I think she just needed a vacation. As far as medical care goes, I met a girl there who indicated she had to go see the physician for a UTI, he arrived within 15 min of being called, he gave her medication that started helping her right away and she was charge less than it would have cost her at home. I would go back again and again and again. I was treated like royalty the entire time. Go there you will not be sorry.

Unique Quality: grounds are beautiful, clean pool, restaurants and rooms. Friendly staff and never wanted for anything.

• SJTravel's Profile Photo

Nice Stay

I am not really an all-inclusive type traveler, but I was on my honeymoon and at the end of the trip, I wanted to be somewhere easy and relaxing. The Grand Oasis was just that. It can get somewhat loud at night with people coming into the hotel after partying, but it doesn't last long. People are pretty respectful for the most part.
    The food was delicious. I was really impressed with what they had. They had a plethora of restaurants to choose some of them with different themes/different types of food. My favorite was the gourmet buffet.
    They are located right on the beach so you could use the beach for as long as you want to. They also have 3 big pools. They have daily activities as well.

Unique Quality: All non-motorized sports at Aqua World (which is across the street) are free. You should definitely take advantage of that. We kayaked and used a paddle boat. You can also use a catamaran and wind surf. Although wind surfing is hard on the lagoon.
    They have a resident peacock which is just awesome. She was mostly by one of the restaurants called Tunkul, but occaisionally she could be seen near the hotels. The kids loved her.

• Utah great stay #3

When you first walk in the lobby is awesome. The people were great, Mariel at the desk in front was very helpful. She had my room keys and resv. to the resturant all ready for me. This Oct. will be my third time here. For the money it is the best place around. The service was great and the people very helpful. I don't know where the people who say they had a bad time have stayed, but it must not have been this hotel. The food was very good and a good selection of differant places to eat. If you give a little tip now and then it helps. These people do not make much. I hope people will give this place a chance because it can be one of the best places and times you will have. Make sure to ride the buses, great fun and cheap. Doug from Utah

Unique Quality: My rooms have had a great view of the pool and ocean. Loved sitting on the patio. The pool was great and the swim up bars fun. The foam party at the disco is great, Thursday. Be nice to the people and they will be nice to you. Don't be an ugly American. The Mexican resturant that is resv. required is great.

Directions: Center of the long side of cancun hotel zone. Larger waves.

• Average hotel, theres definitely better places.

This hotel is huge!!!!! While this is a nice hotel, the service is terrible. I decided to go 2 years ago when I was still single for Spring Break.

First of all, the bartenders are a disgrace. Most are rude and it is hard to get their attention. They also refuse to serve Corona, even though they are supposed to serve it. Instead they serve you some cheap Estrella beer. One bar tender even told kept telling me he had served me Corona regardless of the fact that he had served beer out of the Estrella bottle in front of me. Their mixers taste like flavored water. The only thing I found decent was a tequila with pineapple juice that I finally settled for.

The rooms are kind of dirty. When I first walked in after check-in, there was still sand from the previous guests in the room. The room also smelled like smoke. To make things worse, the air-conditioner wouldn't work. They did fix it the same day. Then on our third day I was awakened by the sound of a thirty-pound safe falling off the wall inside of our closet.

I wont comment on anything else on this hotel since I found the rest to be average. This is not the hotel you want to go to if you are really picky about food, drinks and service. I surely will not be returning. There are much better hotels in Cancun for similar prices. And one last tip, definitely do not come to this hotel during spring break. I can guarantee that most likely something will go wrong with your stay during these crazy weeks. Avoid it!

Unique Quality: Great views, great location, cheap but very bad service along with bad food and drinks!

• Mourphyis's Profile Photo

Grand Oasis All Inclusive Hotel

FOOD: Room service was fare to poor. The Sushi Bar was fare. The Thai Restaurant was good. The Steak Restaurant was excellent. The buffets were poor and not very clean.

SERVICE: From the moment of arrival the baggage was lost at the hotel for 4 hours. The reserved room with two beds ended up being one bed. The room was very filthy with numerous discrepancies. Not usually a problem but at 265 USD per night I would expect better. Every time a call was made to the front desk to either fix the refrigerator or place me in a room with two beds, I would be placed on hold. I was finally told that they would move me to another room the next day. Unacceptable but I didn’t want these issues to disrupt my holiday. The refrigerator was never repaired. The mini bar was empty and took the staff 3 days to finally to restock.

Unique Quality: Alcohol: The drinks were all watered down or diluted with the cheapest liquor imagined. I watched the bar tender pour the cheaper alcohol into premium bottles to give the appearance of top shelf (good try). The beer was some can of Corona that I’ve never seen before.

POOL: It was like a party with hundreds of punk-ass kids. The pool was mostly American citizens about 16-24 year-olds with loud mouths and gangster attitudes. I spent awhile at the pool and noticed that none of the partiers were using the restrooms, so I knew the pool was the outlet.

I decided to check-out after four days. This was three days early, even though I had already paid for the entire stay. The taxi service from the airport that I arranged at the hotel the day earlier was 30 minutes late. It was now 0400 am, I then advised the front if the could call the shuttle company since it was coordinated with the hotel staff, I was told that there were no phones to call outside of the hotel. I asked if the worker had a cell phone and if I could use it to notify the shuttle company, he said, “no”.

OTHER ISSUES:
    The other couple that was traveling with me also had the following issues.
    Room flooded out with about 3 inches of water, hotel did not respond for 3 hours. It was like they were on an island sitting on the bed at 0300 am.

In the disco bubble party at the hotel, some of the patrons were having sex in the foam on the dance floor (cool if your 18, not cool when on vacation).

Another couple received food poisoning, hotel medical staff attempted to exploit them for money prior to treatment even though this is a service that is suppose to be provided in the package.

If you’re willing to stay at this hotel with so many other choices of hotels in Cancun, you’re a fool. I have traveled all over the world on holiday and stayed in some of the greatest hotels. I have also served many years in the military (Army Infantry) living in some of the worsted conditions, so I know what is good and not so good. This place completely sucks.

• This is were I stayed !!!

The hotel has an excellent service and is spotless. There are several restaurants within the Hotel grounds ranging from mexican, seaford, pizza, BBQ etc. Some of them are formal dress code, but you also get the poolside BBQ. The rooms have a fantastic view, and just pass the pool area you have the beach.

• jmstoller's Profile Photo

Not the best choice.

The hotel grounds were very pretty. My husband and I went and stayed there for 10 days. The food was "exotic" except for the snack bar, which was rather greasy, but a nice change. It was very loud, with a lot of college kids. (We went in May). The room was ok, a little grungy. the beach was beautiful though and the pool was nice. The restaurants were very pretty, and had nice atmosphere and the buffet was wonderful, and service great.

Unique Quality: Unlimited guacamole. :) and some beautiful high places that you can sit and enjoy the view of the ocean including one of the restaurants. All inclusive.

• thyrkas's Profile Photo

Not Bad for an All-Inclusive

A friend and I decided to go to a nice all-inclusive in Cancun resort for a 5 day visit. We chose the Grand Oasis because it was right on a great stretch of beach, it seemed more adult friendly, AND it was reasonably priced.
    When you arrive, don't expect early check-in. Even if it is a few minutes before your designated check-in time. My friend and I found ourselves sitting on one of the hotel's leather couches for an hour or two killing time before we could get into our room. It was with extreme pleasure that we both fell on our beds in the air conditioning. Cancun in July is CRAZY hot.
    The services by the pool were less than desirable. If you are not buying from poolside services, you will be taken care of last, or ignored (these cabanas are where you get and return your beach/pool towels).
    Also, you will be discouraged from using your credit card. I'm not sure exactly why this is, but even when I needed to buy burn ointment from the gift shop ($22!!!) the woman behind the counter wanted to know if I could just pay with cash. Probably because of the conversion rate...? It was annoying being in pain and being asked if you had any cash. One shop outside of the hotel said they did not accept credit cards with the machine sitting right in front on the counter. Watch out!
    The food was ok, nothing special. The service was mediocre and sometimes rude. The rooms and the beach were very nice.
    Overall, it was an average stay. I would recommend this to anyone who wanted a place to stay while hanging at the beach most of the time. Don't expect excellent service.

Unique Quality: The rooms are very nice with Mexican cultural flavor in the decor. The lobby is breathtaking. There is a garden area with a huge fountain in the center of the pyramid. Plants are everywhere and you get the feeling you are in a mayan jungle somewhere. New Agey 'mystical' music plays in the background (probably trying to soothe travelers who are trying to check in before their 'designated' check in time!). The pool system runs all through 3 Phases of The Grand Oasis. There are plenty of families with kids and a couple of pool bars. Wonder how many drinks have been spilled in that pool? hmm..
    The hotel is located on a beautiful strip of the beach. I could have stayed there the whole time (if it wasn't for the burn...)

• sundawn's Profile Photo

A party house

I wouldn't recommed this resort to any families....but if you are young and wanting to paryt alnight long then this is a great place to go. My husband and I are not big partiers so we didn't enjoy the 3am wake up calls from the guys in the hallway yelling at each other.

• AshleeS's Profile Photo

Nothing Compares

Food is good, you get your own private beach, there is a club with a foam party, close to shopping mall, close to bus stop, pool bar, free room service, Beautiful!

Directions: Beach Front

• Yaletown's Profile Photo

All inclusive

We enjoyed this hotel. The beds were a bit hard, but the restaurants are pretty good and the beach is great. We have now stayed at this hotel twice, once in November and once in April. We preferred April due to the weather as well as it was much more quiet in April (sometimes we felt we were the only ones there).

• Natalllya's Profile Photo

Oasis Cancun

This place is huge!

I prefer smaller hotels so this took some getting used to. It didn't help that we were on the top floor all the way at the end of the hall. It took about 10 minutes to walk to the nearest restaurant or bar. The rooms are spacious, our air conditioning didn't work and it did get ransacked my employees one of the days. Nothing was taken but our room was made a mess (always make sure to rent a safety deposit box). The interior of the hotel is done up pretty nice. The bar however closes at 11pm. After that you have to treck to the outdoor bars. The restaurant inside is open 24 hours. Up until dinner its a sit-down restaurant, afterwards it serves burgers, fries and hot dogs all night long. There is a swim up bar and a bar near the beach. You will have a selection of about 6-8 drinks and Corona Beer. Also, you have to sign for every drink and every meal you eat so make sure to have your wrist band on at all times and remember your room number. This also applies for when you're in the pool and dripping wet (kind of a pain in the ass). There are 2 outdoor restaurants. A buffet one right by the boardwalk and a a la carte by the pool. They both had a large selection of foods, although it all did taste kind of bland. There are tons of restaurants along the strip to suit different tastes.

Unique Quality: Right on the beach and the main Cancun strip. This is where all the partying happens.

• kimod74's Profile Photo

GREAT PLACE IF YOU'RE A TEENAGER!

The week of June 14th , 2004my mom (55), myself (30) and my sister (18) went to Cancun and stayed at the Oasis Cancun, this was as a present for my sisters high school graduation from myself.
    Upon arriving at the hotel the place was already crawling with teenagers.
    The room really wasn't that bad, we booked a "super saver" room so I wasn't expecting the world. We had a balcony facing the lagoon, the room seemed clean upon first site. Upon sleeping in the beds they were gross, the sheets were clean but the odor from the mattresses was disgusting, it smelled musty and like dirty socks.
    There are 3 parts to this hotel, Phase I, The Grand Oasis and Phase II.
    There are several different restaurants to the Oasis Cancun, the ones included in Phase II are ala carte Sarape Mexican Restaurant and the Italian Restaurant Trattorino's (I think that's the name of it). We never made reservations for the sit down restaurants, our longest wait was about 3-5 minutes to get in.
    There are two buffet restaurants, Ibiza & (can't remember the other ones name). Ibiza has a better selection of food than the lobby area buffet restaurant. But, in both buffets the food is bland tasting.
    In summary, if you aren't totally on the same partying level as 16-19 year olds (screaming, beligerantly and rudely drunk, puking in the lobby (yes, one morning we woke up and the lobby just reaked, I mean stunk to high heaven of vomit), crawling up and down the balconies on the outside of the hotel, listening or screaming off your balcony to people "Show me your ----!" then Phase II might not be the part of the hotel you want to stay in. I never got a full nights sleep at this hotel.
    I'm 30, I like to party, but I guess at a different, little bit more mature level, does that make sense?
    Bottom line, if you like to party with teenagers or are a teen yourself Phase II of the Oasis Cancun is THE PLACE FOR YOU TO BE!! But if you are 30-55 you might want to stay in the Grand Oasis or a different hotel all together.

Unique Quality: So, what is good about this resort you say? THE POOL!, The BEACH! and the BEACH BAR!!
    The beach is one of the larger hotel beaches on the hotel zone, water at this end is quite wavy, heavy waves. The pool area (if you go to the area in front of the Grand Oasis or down towards Phase I) is really nice and I found it pleasantly quiet!
    There is a beach bar at the beach at Phase II, it is only open until 5 p.m. sadly, I'm not sure why they close it at 5, it would be great if it were open until at least 8 p.m. The bar tenders at the beach bar were nice enough and they also grill some food there, tacos, etc and you can sit and watch the ocean and overlook the beach area if you'd like. They do take tips but don't expect it. The lines can be quite long for the beach bar at times, but have patience. I had no problem ordering 2 or 3 drinks at a time at the beach bar. We laid on the beach and each of us would take turns getting drinks and bringing them down to the beach.

Directions: About 15 miles from the airport, more towards the southern end of the hotel zone. About 5-10 miles from the main area, shopping, etc. in the Cancun hotel zone.

• nikkers18's Profile Photo

The place to stay in Cancun

I loved staying at the Oasis. The rooms were nothing special, but the hotel grounds are beautiful. There are lush tropical plants and flowers everywhere and the pool is amazing. The hotel staff is very friendly and accomadating. The restaraunts are all really good for breakfast you get a choice of two different buffet style restaurants, one is more of an american type breakfast with fruit, roll, eggs, meat, etc. The other one had more of a mexican flair to it. It had a lot of hot mexican dished as well as omlets, fruit, bread, and a smoothie bar. For lunch I usually got a couple cheese burgers from the chicken and ribs stand . They also have a taco stand and a mexican restaurant open for lunch. For dinner they have a Italian restaurant, a steak house and 2 buffets open. I personally liked the steakhouse. At the bars my favorite drink was the tequilla slammers because they got the job done and they went down pretty smooth..

Unique Quality: The best thing about the Oasis is the pool area. There is always music playing and there are always activites going on. There was water basketball, water volleyball, and they even had some drinking games. I always had a blast by the pool!

• Grand Oasis Cancun

Average price per night 150Usd - 200 Usd

Unique Quality: This is a **** hotel/resort. The view of the ocean is beautiful and has a large swimming pool in the shape of a snake that spreads thru out the property. The hotel has several resturants on location. Has an atrium lobby.

More about Grand Oasis Cancun

CANCUNS OASIS HOTEL BEACHCANCUNS OASIS HOTEL BEACH

Help.. Need to decide on a resort.. Crown Paradise or Grand Oasis

by kalmekrzy

I have been going back and forth trying to decide where to stay. My husband and I are going mod August for our anniversary. If we go to Crown Paradise we will be staying in one of the club rooms.
And at the Grand Oasis the upgraded room.. Which resort is better???
Any suggestions?

Re: Help.. Need to decide on a resort.. Crown Paradise or Grand Oasis

by YVRDave

The one you choose. There is minute differences that would take hours of interigation of your likes and dislikes to offer the better property by the color of the tiles in the bathroom

by kalmekrzy

I guess that's right.. LOL The main thing that is important to me is service (food, drinks, the room) my hubby cares only about the beach and pools.
Does this help?

by YVRDave

Grand Oasis

by TJMAX

Actually, I would say Crown Paradise! Overall, the reputation at the Crown Paradise (especially when you mention food & service) is much better than the Oasis. Just so you know, the Grand Oasis is really just the middle building of the "regular" Oasis hotel and there are - as you can see on posts and feedback on the Oasis - alot of service issues in that hotel. The food is also known for not being the greatest.

The variety of food and the quality is definately better at the Crown Paradise.

The only positive atribute of the Oasis is their long pool that "winds" through the garden.

Hope this helps!