Grand Oasis Caribbean Beach Resort

4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Blvd Kukulkan, Section C, Lot 1 Hotel Zone, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

Grand Oasis Palm
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• travelnut71's Profile Photo

The 24 hour party hotel, nicest beach

The hotel is a 3 star in my rating. It is BIG, 1000 rooms or so and if you stay at the Oasis rather than the grand oasis, good luck in having a good night sleep, spring break or not, this hotel is always loud, I have been here more than once, once in spring break, the other in August. Also, it's always under construction. All year, for the five years that I have known it. The food has improved and it is very very good and also the staff is very friendly. The rooms are a little shabby compared to what they say about it and the rest of the services. The bars close at midnight (guess why??). There are drunk people everywhere, loud and beer all over the floor so be careful, it is slippery and did see a few accidents and blood when I was there. The main bathrooms are dirty, you aren't supposed to put paper in them and flush, only in the bin, they get clogged otherwise and so it is dirty. If you get a good room, you're all set, which is usually not the case. I have in both times been in a room where there was construction over my head and this time a broken window in my room that kept shaking all night from the wind, so no sleep. Then at 4am you will hear the bar hoppers come back drunk, HEY DUDE! OH *** I HAVE TO PUKE AGAIN (and puke all over the hallway).... This lasts about 30 min. Other than that, the pool and beach at this hotel you can't beat!

Unique Quality: Pool. It was great and big, you can always find your spot.
    The grounds were nice too, peacocks, and other animals around.
    The beach here is at it's best too.

Directions: Good location

• rachelmadson's Profile Photo

Mexico's Worst Maintainance Crew

First of all do not book with Travelocity, I missed a flight and had to change 2 more due to that fact - $1600 in fees!! DO NOT buy an all inclusive package unless you plan on staying in your hotel. The food wasn't great, the drinks were small watered down, and the only place you could get them was inside the hotel-an hours walk/15 minute bus ride away from the AWESOME downtown area. It was a total waste of money because we spent all our time in the downtown area buying food and drinks there instead. Although the hotel was pretty (tile floors, fountains, palm trees, etc.) there were some very negative aspects. There was water all over the tile floors (up and down the halls) from leaking A/C units-including sopping wet, dirty towels and buckets lining the halls as well; wet tile is very slippery. Upon entering our hotel room everything looked okay, accept we didn't get the ocean view we paid for, instead we got a view of the Lagoon which isn't as pretty or costly. I went to take a shower and the cold water knob fell off in my hand. The drain plug was stuck in the drain, there were no towels, Conditioner but no Shampoo...you get my point. The worst thing about this was we called 3 times and went to the desk to complain...2 days and still no one came!! I blew up and was given a key to another room to check out...it had an ocean view-AMAZING, no shower curtain, no cable (the actual wire) for the t.v., 1 towel, etc...you get my point again. I figured beggers couldn't be choosers so I took the towels & shower curtain from the first room and made do.
    Through all the problems the staff kept promising to fix problems and never even called to let us know they weren't coming to do anything!!
    Phone calls from Mexico are $3-$4 dollars a minute and the hotel staff is not willing to help you in an emergency (don't miss a flight).

Unique Quality: The foyer/reception area, outside of the hotel and pool area were absolutely beautiful. THe staff spoke very good english. Rooms were spacious, bathtub was nice and big, the views were very pretty. The grounds were very well maintained, lots of pretty palm trees, peacocks, soft green grass, grass covered huts lining walk ways.
    (all-in-all very decieving for the state of the inside of the hotel)

Cancun, the shopping/club area was amazing, lots of fun, lots of things to see (i.e. little mokeys you can hold, snakes, an indoor/outdoor mall, tonz of little shops, great people, fun restaurants, and best of all was Coco Bongos!! C.B. is a club, if you go to Cancun-GO!! The City is also tonz of fun! Watch out though, the clubs charge from $40-$60 all you can drink enterance fees, unless you like cheap rum, vodka without Redbull(it's $8 a can) and Coke, you're screwed. If you plan on getting drunk, drink before you go into a club and pay general admission.

After missing our flight back to the U.S. we stayed our last night at the Presidente Imperial Hotel. I give this one an A+++, check it out! Closer to downtown too, just a 5 minute walk.
    Free internet access in their business center.

Directions: 10-15 bus ride from downtown

• brkilbourne's Profile Photo

Oasis Cancun

Nice room with an oceon view. Many restaurants and a couple of night shows.

Unique Quality: Peacocks on the grounds and they roost on the top of one of the lower roofs. It's pretty strange seeing these great birds walking up the side of a pyramid type structure.

Directions: The strip

• amyhouston's Profile Photo

Do not stay here!

This is my second time at Cancun. I would give this hotel 2.5 stars. I thought I would ignore the previews reviews but they were right.
    ATMOSPHERE: The first day there, it was obvious we were in the wrong hotel, this place is really for teenagers (25 and younger). My husband and I are 29 years old and we like to have fun but felt older there with the very young immature crowd. There were drunk kids all over the place, you can hear the same conversation passing the teenagers, "I was so drunk last night....." I also stepped on a piece of gum and on someone's very nasty throw up the first night. There were ----- young boys all over, there's about 1 girl to 8 boys.
    ROOM: We had problem with our drainage in our tub. The maintenance guys spend over an hour trying to fix it and left without fixing it along with water all over the place. I also waited over 30 minutes for the maid to bring my hair-dryer (available upon request). The front-desk was very helpful and gave us a new room, we told them our travel agent had noted us as honeymooners and we should have ocean-view but he said it was not available but check back the next day. We did get our gorgeous ocean-view the last night there. We spend each night in a different room for 3 nights. All the rooms are different! Including the tv stations. Some rooms are more updated than others.
    FOOD: The food is not that great, but it's my first time going all-inclusive and I do like the all you can drink part (as long as each person can hold their own liquor without throwing all over the place). They do have made to order omelettes for breakfast and burgers on grill that are quite tasty compared to the other lunch courses. If you want good food for dinner, go to the grill restaurant and pay a little more for their shrimp and lobster kabob. It's quicker for two people to get a table there than for a group.
    I would not stay there again. I do recommend it for teenagers or anyone who likes rowdy crowds but not for older crowd from late 20s and up.

• H1BOSS's Profile Photo

Hotel Oasis Cancun

Everything you need is here. Golf course in front of hotel (which we didn't play cause it was so hot!). Places we were normally found were by the pool, beach, or bar. Check the restaurant times as they open and close for different meals of the day. It's hard to make it there on time if you've been out the night before. Word of caution, get the lock box for your valuables and money. It's worth it!

Unique Quality: This place is where you want to stay if your going to party! Do the all inclusive. If your taking a family trip, find a different hotel. Huge Pool! Swim up bars! Great sandy beach which includes a beach vollyball court.

Directions: Cancun Downtown = 16 miles
    Cancun Airport = 12 miles
    Puerto Aventuras = 50 miles
    Akumal = 55 miles
    Chichen Itza = 120 miles

More about Grand Oasis Caribbean Beach Resort

Relaxing Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member mrs_dj_sol

My husband and I just returned from a four night stay (travel dates 1/23 to 1/27) at the newly opened Grand Oasis Caribbean Resort. The staff was still busy completeting some renovations to the front lobby and main entrance, but none of this impacted our vacation. Our room (1412) was one of the few available balcony rooms with a great view of the Hotel zone at night - kudos to Alexandra in reception for helping us get this room - she was one of the most friendly and helpful staff members we met! Facilities are shared with the adjacent Oasis Palm - which was more of the party scene, while the Grand was quite and relaxing. Both resorts were very clean - Housekeeping did an amazing job. Meals we had at the Grand's buffet, Palm's buffet and seafood resturants were all very good. We did not have a chance to try the others. Nacho's from the sanck bar were good, but the bugers and fries were not to our liking. Drinks were good everywhere. We attended the Mexican show at the resort and found it to be well done and entertaining. Our only complaint is that they need more beach chairs - by seven am all the chairs were already taken. This resort, once completed, will be a nice choice for someone looking for a quite, peaceful, relaxing vacation.

Value for the Money BUT

by TripAdvisor Member Vickie020

We stayed Jan 21-26.
Grand Oasis Caribbean is value for the money BUT:
This hotel, and the other Oasis hotels, in Cancun are 3 star hotels trying to be 5 star hotels. The good part is that the rooms and beds at the Grand Oasis Caribbean are new.
The food at the grand Caribbean is excellent. However, there are not enough tables in each restaurant to properly seat the people. There are tables for 4, 6 and 8 but not for 2 people. This causes individuals to wait an excessively long time to be seated because the staff refuses to ask clients to join others at a table for 6 or 8.

As for the beach and pool area, there are not enough beach chairs and many individuals have to sit on the sand or grass. The sea at the Caribbean is shallow. It never gets deeper than 3 feet. The hotel is loaded with children under the age of 10 and you can hear screaming in the hall as early as 6 a.m.
One very dangerous situation at the Grand Oasis Caribbean is that there are no fire exits. The only way to get out in an emergency is to use the stairs around the elevators. If this area is blocked by fire there is no way out of the hotel.

The Oasis it the only “all inclusive” that charges for using the in room safe deposit box. Also, theft from the room is ramped. Anything that is not kept under lock will be taken. We even lost a toothbrush because it was left in the bathroom in a glass.

This is the first all inclusive hotel chain, that we have stayed at, where there is open solicitation for tips. Every thing you do at any of the Oasis hotel you will encounter a tip jar.

The hotel also has time-share individuals sitting at hotel desks disguised as hotel employees. If you ask them a question you are harassed if you do not take one of their Oasis tours.
In summation:
If you want to stay at a resort that is inexpensive, and that has lots of children, I can recommend the Oasis Palm Beach, which is next door to the Oasis Caribbean. I make this statement because there is no fire exists at the Oasis Caribbean. Many of the problems stated by the other individuals have been corrected. However, as of Jan 26,2009 problems such as theft from the room, no fire exits, and screaming in the halls still exist. As for the shallow water there is nothing that can be done about that.

poor upper upper management

by TripAdvisor Member downtimeOhio

This resort is under construction lobby dirty noisy,our room was under front entrance which was under construction(room 1614) and noisy during day and till about 9:00pm.The room had no coffee maker ,radio or hair drier and when I went to the desk the clerk talked to a Mr. H_____. his boss(have his name).All we got was the hair drier later I talked to the conseair Sandi and told her about this and she wrote something down but was more interested in getting us to some meeting n the morning ,trying to sell us a package said we wold get coupons to events ect. if we went.We come here for a Vacation not a time share or anything of the sort.The food in the Grand was great ,but the other Oasis next door the food had a tendency to be cold especially for breakfast. There is no on site equipment to rowing,canoeing,Kayaking,Snorkeling,surfing/boogie boarding,Windsurfing or Parasailing.As we have pics of the place to remind us later. Don't get me wrong to employees that do the work (waters,bus boys maids ect. work hard and are some of the nicest peopls you could meet but they for the most part can only do so much. The hallways are like an eco chamber for any noise!

never again

by TripAdvisor Member steubenville64

Stayed Jan 27th - Feb 3rd, "09 This was our third time staying at an Oasis property. Never again. Not even close to what's advertised. Stayed at Oasis Palm last May. I thought by staying at the Caribbean I I was getting more due to paying more for the extra's. Should have stayed at the Palm, less costly. Same thing. Only 1 restaurant at the Caribbean. Good food but the other restaurants are at the Palm. Same food day in and day out. Boring. Room service, what room service. Couldn't find a room service menu, no alarm clock, no coffee maker, no do not disturb sign, no live music in lobby. No Los Palmas Steak House. Couldn't find gym. And couldn't understand anyone when I did try to get more info about the accommodations. Oh wait, ran out of hot water day two...then shower never did regulate..too hot one minute, too cold next. This Goldilock's never did find it just right.

Had a Fine Time

by TripAdvisor Member rross0316

We stayed here from 1-24 thru 1-30-09 , It is true this place is not completely finished. The Front entrance is not usable , the Lobby was just becoming operational during the end of our stay , the Lobby bar opened towards the end also. They are still working on other aspects , getting them ready.
But we thought overall the place is fine. Food was very good at the "Brazilain Steakhouse" Not really sure what they call all the restaurants , bars at both resorts.
We stayed at the Palm Beach two years ago and thought we'd try the new place this time. We found it very nice with not much to complain about.
The fact that you have free run of both resorts is nice. Although the fact that not everything is ready at the Grand makes the Palm Beach a little more crowded. Yes there are not enough beach chairs , but we had no problems. The Grand is going for a little more laid back feel than the Palm Beach , which suits us fine.
We have no complaints with the staff , all are very accomodating and friendly.. I find it amazing that not many people tip , It amazes me really , we tipped and did not do so to get better service. Lighten up people.
Although avoid the people trying to get you to buy resort memberships , they are leeches.
Look forward to going back to the Oasis Grand Carib. next Winter.

Info on 2 hotels??

by JoelReisman

Does anyone have experience with: 1. Grand Oasis Caribbean Resort or 2.Gran Bahia Principe Tulum. I plan to go there spring break with family. What about spring breakers situation?

Re: Info on 2 hotels??

by LawsonWilliam

I live in Merida. I have not visited the other one, but the Bahia Principe I enjoyed, both for the quality of the lodgings and the quality of the food. I am not a big fan of all-inclusive resorts but Bahia Principe was fine. Hope this helps!

Comments