Grand Oasis Caribbean Beach Resort

travelnut71's Profile Photo

The 24 hour party hotel, nicest beach

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 7, 2007

The hotel is a 3 star in my rating. It is BIG, 1000 rooms or so and if you stay at the Oasis rather than the grand oasis, good luck in having a good night sleep, spring break or not, this hotel is always loud, I have been here more than once, once in spring break, the other in August. Also, it's always under construction. All year, for the five years that I have known it. The food has improved and it is very very good and also the staff is very friendly. The rooms are a little shabby compared to what they say about it and the rest of the services. The bars close at midnight (guess why??). There are drunk people everywhere, loud and beer all over the floor so be careful, it is slippery and did see a few accidents and blood when I was there. The main bathrooms are dirty, you aren't supposed to put paper in them and flush, only in the bin, they get clogged otherwise and so it is dirty. If you get a good room, you're all set, which is usually not the case. I have in both times been in a room where there was construction over my head and this time a broken window in my room that kept shaking all night from the wind, so no sleep. Then at 4am you will hear the bar hoppers come back drunk, HEY DUDE! OH *** I HAVE TO PUKE AGAIN (and puke all over the hallway).... This lasts about 30 min. Other than that, the pool and beach at this hotel you can't beat!

Unique Quality: Pool. It was great and big, you can always find your spot.
The grounds were nice too, peacocks, and other animals around.
The beach here is at it's best too.

Directions: Good location

rachelmadson's Profile Photo

Mexico's Worst Maintainance Crew

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 31, 2007

First of all do not book with Travelocity, I missed a flight and had to change 2 more due to that fact - $1600 in fees!! DO NOT buy an all inclusive package unless you plan on staying in your hotel. The food wasn't great, the drinks were small watered down, and the only place you could get them was inside the hotel-an hours walk/15 minute bus ride away from the AWESOME downtown area. It was a total waste of money because we spent all our time in the downtown area buying food and drinks there instead. Although the hotel was pretty (tile floors, fountains, palm trees, etc.) there were some very negative aspects. There was water all over the tile floors (up and down the halls) from leaking A/C units-including sopping wet, dirty towels and buckets lining the halls as well; wet tile is very slippery. Upon entering our hotel room everything looked okay, accept we didn't get the ocean view we paid for, instead we got a view of the Lagoon which isn't as pretty or costly. I went to take a shower and the cold water knob fell off in my hand. The drain plug was stuck in the drain, there were no towels, Conditioner but no Shampoo...you get my point. The worst thing about this was we called 3 times and went to the desk to complain...2 days and still no one came!! I blew up and was given a key to another room to check out...it had an ocean view-AMAZING, no shower curtain, no cable (the actual wire) for the t.v., 1 towel, etc...you get my point again. I figured beggers couldn't be choosers so I took the towels & shower curtain from the first room and made do.
Through all the problems the staff kept promising to fix problems and never even called to let us know they weren't coming to do anything!!
Phone calls from Mexico are $3-$4 dollars a minute and the hotel staff is not willing to help you in an emergency (don't miss a flight).

Unique Quality: The foyer/reception area, outside of the hotel and pool area were absolutely beautiful. THe staff spoke very good english. Rooms were spacious, bathtub was nice and big, the views were very pretty. The grounds were very well maintained, lots of pretty palm trees, peacocks, soft green grass, grass covered huts lining walk ways.
(all-in-all very decieving for the state of the inside of the hotel)

Cancun, the shopping/club area was amazing, lots of fun, lots of things to see (i.e. little mokeys you can hold, snakes, an indoor/outdoor mall, tonz of little shops, great people, fun restaurants, and best of all was Coco Bongos!! C.B. is a club, if you go to Cancun-GO!! The City is also tonz of fun! Watch out though, the clubs charge from $40-$60 all you can drink enterance fees, unless you like cheap rum, vodka without Redbull(it's $8 a can) and Coke, you're screwed. If you plan on getting drunk, drink before you go into a club and pay general admission.

After missing our flight back to the U.S. we stayed our last night at the Presidente Imperial Hotel. I give this one an A+++, check it out! Closer to downtown too, just a 5 minute walk.
Free internet access in their business center.

Directions: 10-15 bus ride from downtown

brkilbourne's Profile Photo

Oasis Cancun

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 26, 2006

Nice room with an oceon view. Many restaurants and a couple of night shows.

Unique Quality: Peacocks on the grounds and they roost on the top of one of the lower roofs. It's pretty strange seeing these great birds walking up the side of a pyramid type structure.

Directions: The strip

amyhouston's Profile Photo

Do not stay here!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 23, 2005

This is my second time at Cancun. I would give this hotel 2.5 stars. I thought I would ignore the previews reviews but they were right.
ATMOSPHERE: The first day there, it was obvious we were in the wrong hotel, this place is really for teenagers (25 and younger). My husband and I are 29 years old and we like to have fun but felt older there with the very young immature crowd. There were drunk kids all over the place, you can hear the same conversation passing the teenagers, "I was so drunk last night....." I also stepped on a piece of gum and on someone's very nasty throw up the first night. There were ----- young boys all over, there's about 1 girl to 8 boys.
ROOM: We had problem with our drainage in our tub. The maintenance guys spend over an hour trying to fix it and left without fixing it along with water all over the place. I also waited over 30 minutes for the maid to bring my hair-dryer (available upon request). The front-desk was very helpful and gave us a new room, we told them our travel agent had noted us as honeymooners and we should have ocean-view but he said it was not available but check back the next day. We did get our gorgeous ocean-view the last night there. We spend each night in a different room for 3 nights. All the rooms are different! Including the tv stations. Some rooms are more updated than others.
FOOD: The food is not that great, but it's my first time going all-inclusive and I do like the all you can drink part (as long as each person can hold their own liquor without throwing all over the place). They do have made to order omelettes for breakfast and burgers on grill that are quite tasty compared to the other lunch courses. If you want good food for dinner, go to the grill restaurant and pay a little more for their shrimp and lobster kabob. It's quicker for two people to get a table there than for a group.
I would not stay there again. I do recommend it for teenagers or anyone who likes rowdy crowds but not for older crowd from late 20s and up.

H1BOSS's Profile Photo

Hotel Oasis Cancun

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 5, 2003

Everything you need is here. Golf course in front of hotel (which we didn't play cause it was so hot!). Places we were normally found were by the pool, beach, or bar. Check the restaurant times as they open and close for different meals of the day. It's hard to make it there on time if you've been out the night before. Word of caution, get the lock box for your valuables and money. It's worth it!

Unique Quality: This place is where you want to stay if your going to party! Do the all inclusive. If your taking a family trip, find a different hotel. Huge Pool! Swim up bars! Great sandy beach which includes a beach vollyball court.

Directions: Cancun Downtown = 16 miles

Grand Oasis Caribbean Beach Resort

• Grand Oasis Caribbean Resort
  • Grand Oasis Caribbean Beach Hotel
  • Grand Oasis Palm Hotel Cancun

Address: Blvd Kukulkan, Section C, Lot 1 Hotel Zone, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

11 Photos of Grand Oasis Caribbean Beach Resort

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge

Cancún Travel Forum

Need advice about Cancún, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Cancún and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cancún hotel reviews