Grand Oasis Playa

Oasis Sens
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Fantastic Hotel...I would go back in a heartbeat

I do not understand where all these people stayed that gave this hotel a bad review. We were there in April, 2010, and it was wonderful. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The grounds were immaculate! The beach was very well kept, in fact when I got up in the morning and sat in the window watching the ocean,,,,I watched the staff rake the sand and reposition all the chairs. There was staff constantly cleaning the resort. The food was good. Every night there was a different theme in the buffet and something different. Very seldom did I ever find the same entree in the 7 days we were there. The only problem that we had was that there was a beach towel theif, but the front desk did give us a second towel card so we were not charged for loosing our towel.

• all inclusive

Nice hotel.All inclusive.Good buffet.Restaurants a la carte not very good and only one is open by the time.Good pool and beach.
    Rooms regular.Not very large.Bathroom clean.
    Be prepared:Very very noisy hotel.You can hear everything whats hapening in the sorrounding rooms.Very noisy at night.
    You must use ear plugs.
    Almost 20 km far from Cancun center

• Still a Good Hotel

While its been a while since I personally stayed here, two of my trips were based out of this Oasis hotel and a friend has since returned most recently from his third stay here.
    Formerly Cancun Playa, it was purchased by Oasis in 1994 and, like countless other Cancun hotels, has since been transitioning into an all-inclusive.

Unique Quality: One of the best beaches despite the occasional rough surf that is inherent to that area of the Hotel Zone, it offers an outstanding view of the ocean.
    I found the staff to be outwardly more friendly here than at the other hotels I've stayed at.
    The Playa is distant from much of the party zone of Punta Cancun. (Cancun Point) A benefit or disadvantage, depending on what you're looking for.

• Good for young people

I visited the Oasis Playa in August 2003 with my boyfriend and two friends. We had a lovely time. Although the food isn't great, the midnight sandwiches after a few too many drinks were great from the Italian restuarant..
    The drinks were watered down a lot compared to going out to the clubs and restuarants, alcohol served in plastic cups which made the drink not taste as nice as it could of.
    The daytime entertainment was great the animation team were really friendly, evening entertainment was repeated.
    The staff were very friendly, rooms were clean they smelt a bit from the humidity and we had cold water a few times.
    I would recommend this hotel to younger people, not much to do of an evening for children.
    Hotel was very clean no problems there, they did tend to try and send you to bed at 2am once the bar had closed, but just supply yourself with enough drink to last you untill your ready to go to sleep.

Unique Quality: The best part of the hotel was the beautiful view of the Caribbean sea from the pool and decking, the beautiful white sandy beach. I would say this hotel was one of the best for seafront/view.

Directions: Before the main Hotel zone of Cancun

More about Grand Oasis Playa

Oasis Playa Cancun

I usually don't give personal reviews much weight, who knows why someone is pissed off---and may or might not let that affect their vacation. However, I just returned from the Oasis Playa and will let you know that this was the biggest ghetto hotel that I have ever stayed at in Cancun.

I am a travel agent, and am blessed to recieved rooms for little to nothing if not complimentary. This one happened to be complimentary, I won a gift voucher at our agency's Christmas party.

If I had paid anything for the room, I would be livid. Since it was free we kinda numbed out to it.

I have stayed at Crown Paradise Club in Cancun which was excellent. Also in the Mayan Riviera I stayed at Sole Real in Tulum (nice), and Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret-----------which was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at------just gorgeous.

Problems at Oasis Playa:
The room had a horrible odor--like gasoline. Frankly I think it is the oil they clean the wood doors and decorations with. But it gave my companion a headache---it was very very bad. We left Cancun one day early because of it. As we were checking out we had to sign a "early check out" log....and a few entries above ours were a comment about "the odor in the room making me sick" from another guest. I have heard this comment before, and it is true.

Food was mediocre at best. The buffet would indeed serve pork chops at night, the next morning, at breakfast would appear "Pork stew". Not much selection and not good what it was. The 2 specialty restaurants were a bit better....but compared to other resorts, very dissapointing.

The room, although recently remodeled, appeared very dated. The pool was pleasant enough, although run down.

I have been spoiled at some really nice hotels, so maybe I am biased. But this was my least favorite trip to Cancun, ever. I would never book anyone at this hotel. I hated it---and it was free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! G-H-E-T-T-O

It was the best vacation ever!!

The Oasis Playa, was by far the best vacation spot I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. There is nothing better than vacationing in paradise and having great accomodations. I'm definitely returning next fall. The entertainment staff was the best! Hi Sebastian!

Fantastic

Stayed at the Oasis Playa from 5th until 19 October 2002. The hotel overall was very good. The pool, bars and resturants were great and the choice of food and drink excellent. The bar and resturant staff were all very nice and very friendly and the entertainment staff were brilliant. Aldo, JJ Raoul and Ulysses are full of fun and energy! The hotel and outdoor areas are kept immaculately clean and the rooms are very comfortable with good air conditioning.
Cancun is very clean and has an amazing bus service from the hotel zone to town. It is worth while going on some of the trips. Chichen Itza is well worth a visit and the Jungle trip and Swimming with Dolphins is also highly recommended. Overall I would give Oasis Playa 10/10. We would go back tomorrow!

the best week of our lives!

staying at the oasis player was the best week of my life. my friend and myself stayed at the oasis playa from nov.2 thru nov. 9. i had read all the reviews before i left and was kind of worried about the bad ones.(as for the bad ones the hotel was great those people must just be really hard to please.) from the moment we got there the staff was really nice and helpful. the lobby was beautiful. when we arrived in our room we had an ocean view, it was breathtaking. the pool was great even though we spent most of our time on the beach. as for the food it was pretty good. we liked the snack bar by the beach because that is where we spent most of the day. the drinks were great. they had a large list to choose from. as for being weak, we didn't think so. we didn't stay around our resort at night, we always went out. but no matter what time we got home the door guys were always there to greet us with a smile. by the end of the week all the staff knew us on a first name basis. it was hard to leave, but when we go back we will definetly stay at the oasis playa.

Great Hotel

Myself and two other friends stayed at Oasis Playa in September. First of all, I was a little afraid of staying here after all the bad reviews I heard. As it turns out, Oasis Playa is definitely a pleaser.

First of all, when we arrived at the hotel we were surprised at how beautiful the lobby was. It is really breathtaking! The front desk staff was nothing but helpful to us. Checking in was a breeze. Our room was very clean and big. My only problem with the room was that it was too cold. Yes thats right, it was too cold!

I have heard horror stories about the food but we had no problems with it. The buffet did get a little boring but the restaurants were great. You must try the Pizza restaurant. It is really worth it. As for the drinks, they were really good. One word of advice, don't over do it with the tequilla shots! The bartenders give you half of a cup as a shot!

The beach is amazing. Don't forget to bring your sunscreen because you will need it. It is really hot there. The pool was really nice as well. Most of my time was spent at the pool. You can have a drink at the swim up bar while listening to music.

The entertainment staff (Sebastian, Aldo, Angel, JJ and Paco) were really good to us. They night life in Cancun is amazing. We weren't palnning on going out much but we went once and got hooked. The hotel takes you to different clubs in the night and provides transportation there but you have to take the bus back. We went to Daddy O's, La Boom, foam Party at Grand Oasis, Bull Dogs and the best club on the strip is Coco Bongos. Don't leave Cancun without going to Coco Bongos.

Oasis Playa is a great hotel! On my next trip to Cancun thats where I will be staying!

Things I would change

We spent two nights at the Cancún Oasis Playa after having spent 6 nights at the Barceló Maya Beach. There is no way to compare the two. The Barceló was sooo much nicer. However, if we had never been to the first hotel the Oasis would have seemed all right. The lobby is beautiful but un-air-conditioned. The swimming pools are very pretty and are a plasure to swim in. The water in the Carribean is very pretty as is the sand on the beach. However, the hotel has very little actual beachfront property. The pools close early and the water in the ocean is quite rough and not much fun for just hanging out in.

We also had air-conditioner problems. You could not adjust the temperature so the room got so cold you had to turn it off, but then you woke up at night sweating and had to turn it on. The halls are very noisy, too. We were there for the Day of the Dead long weekend and so there were many Mexican families with children who were up running through the halls at 6:00 a.m.

The food was very good. The selection was not as varied as the Barceló Maya, but it was quite good. However, we would not do the all-inclusive again because Cancun has SOOOO many restaurants that are very inviting that one does not want to always eat at the hotel or feel bad about spending more at a restaurant.

If we were going to Cancun again, we would check out some non-inclusive options, perhaps at one of the Villas instead of a big hotel. The oasis Playa is NOT a 5 star place. If you get an unbeatable rate, it will probably be a fun place to stay. If you pay full fare to stay there, you will be disappointed because you will see so many better options, once you are there.

Cancún is not running full. They are worried about the tourism future. So look for good deals before you go.

by BLONDIEASTCOAST

Can anyone tell me besides paying around $100 for four people on a prebooked van, how else to get to the hotel cheaper? Thanks!

Re: Grand Oasis Playa All Inclusive transportation to hotel from airport and reverse

by YVRDave

Taxi will be about $40-50. Greenline shuttle is about $12-15 each.
these are organized at the airport and will be less $$

by moe_berto

Ride the bus...My husband and I always ride the bus - I think we took a taxi one night while in Puerto Vallarta. They are SO cheap and FUN to ride

by edeet

Airport bus leaves to Playa del Carmen every 20 min and same for Airport ADO bus to terminal in downtown Cancun every 15 min (42 Mx pesos)and from there buses go everywhere.

Comments