Haina Hostal

More about Cancún

Mayan ruins in CancunMayan ruins in Cancun

Isla Mujeres jettyIsla Mujeres jetty

delivery boydelivery boy

Playing field for soccor type gamesPlaying field for soccor type games

Transportation after Clubbing in Cancun

by bbynygirl

I am going to a resort in Puerto Morelos this month (yay!!) and I want to check out a few night clubs in Cancun on Friday and Saturday night. Whats a means of inexpensive, reliable, safe trasportation back to my resort in Puerto Morelos during the hours of midnight to the early morning (3-4am)?

Re: Transportation after Clubbing in Cancun

by Fullmoonfever

I have been to cancun...there is a public bus and it was safe and cheap. But I do not know how late it runs. I believe there is (or was) a website with a bus schedule.

here is one site.

Re: Transportation after Clubbing in Cancun

by Odinnthor

Plenty of clubs to be had in Cancun. Consider trying this place out, It is a blast! It is called Coco Bongo. Check it out!

Enjoy, and be sure to be safe while clubbin'.....d:o)

Travel Tips for Cancún

Isle Mujeres

by tlr1967

For years we vacationed in Cancun....Then we found Isle Mujeres. What a perfect vacation spot. The shopping is great, especially when you get off the main drag. The food is fantastic. There are so many places to eat there with a vast array of selections. Make sure you go to Chile Locos for breakfast...its the best on coffee I have ever had!

Be sure to stop by and drink some Pomegranite Tequila at Manuels...When we were there he was the only one on the island that carried it...be careful, it sneaks up on you. He always has great bands playing and such friendly people.

We rent a golf cart for the whole time we are there. The first year we didnt and found that we missed seeing so much of the island. It is so easy to just jump in that think and cruise around for awhile. There are alot of hidden trails and great adventure places out there if you just look for them. We found quite a few on the south side of the island.

Be sure to stop by the Posada Delmar hotel and see Romey...he loves pretty women! Ha!

We snorkeled this year with one of the locals taking us out instead of the excursion trip. I HIGHLY recommend it! His name is Angel and he also has a little drink place on the main drag in town although I dont remember the name of it. He was less expensive and took us to three different reefs, then took us to shore and cooked an AMAZING lunch....it was top notch all the way.

I love Isle and will continue vacationing there every year.

Awesome Excursions and Beautiful Beaches

by GinGinCoo

I love snorkeling the best, beautiful coral reefs, dont miss the glass boat tour or a day trip to Isla Mujeres. A trip to Xcaret, Chichen Itza is also a must. On Wednesdays if you're not to squeamish... watch the Bullfight!!! I loved snorkeling and Xcaret was very unforgettable. Climbing the top of the pyramid in Chichen Itza was also breathtaking and very scary!!! The bullfight was cool expect poor Bull. I love all the watersports and jetskiing during the jungle tour was so much fun!

choosing hotel

by iam1wthee

Stay on the beach. When you stay in a hotel on the lagoon you may have access to the beach but you will have to rent chairs. Other hotels will not let you use their chairs especially if crowded. Some hotels like RIU will not even let you walk on the sand where the hotel is.
Stay in the hotel zone so that you have a nice view. Downtown is not dangerous just not pretty.
It is best to stay near the Plaza Forum of the Sea / Plaza Caracol and El Embarcadero areas. Here shopping and nightlife is within walking distance. El Embarcadero is closer to downtown. In both you will still need a bus or taxi to take you to the locations http://www.internetcancun.net/cancunmap.htm

XEL-HA
108 kms from Cancun,...

by SirRichard

XEL-HA
108 kms from Cancun, heading south. This wonderful natural pool lets you enjoy underwater life without even snorkeling. But you can swimm too if you want to. We made a photo with 2 wonderful iguanas (after paying to the owner, of course!).

TEQUILA, MACARENA AND...

by Lys-Noir

TEQUILA, MACARENA AND MARRIACHIS...

The group of musician in the left picture was performing live in the street. I had to stop to listen at what they were playing. A song I've heard in the 70s' and many times after but couldn't recall the name!
So I asked those guys and even if they didn't understand english they knew exactly my question and answered all together very loudly and laughing TEQUILA !

Another strange musical encounter was one day at the pool where a bunch of tourists in bathing suits was performing a strange dance ritual under the supervision of the pool-play-master.
It looked so silly but the music was very catchy. That was my first time when I heard the soon-to-be popular dance MACARENA.

The next day I found myself in a music store trying to buy those two songs.

Comments