Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort

Iberostar Cancun
Expedia.com Orbitz.com CheapCaribbean

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Cancun's best hotel for the money

The Cancun Hilton is really beautiful. We booked a room via Hotwire , chose a 4 star hotel in the south part of the hotel zone and got the HILTON for $75/night. It is easily worth twice that. Then when we got there we asked to upgrade to a "villa"
    We were able to do this for $31/night more (which was actually $38 once all taxes are added). It was SO worth it. Included in the upgrade is a free daily breakfast buffet and every evening from 5 to 7 PM free happy hour and tapas in the lounge right in the villas area. So we really only had to buy lunch. There is free internet there too, otherwise you pay $12/day. The hotel restaurants are way over priced so this upgrade was a great deal. The "villa' was a bigger room than in the 'tower' and is facing the beach, even has its own patio. The beds are very comfortable too. The staff there are incredibly friendly and helpful. There is a mall called "Isla" that you can get to by bus in 10 minutes that has a great grill- type restaurant fronting on the lagoon. You can get a wonderful lunch there for about $5.00! IT is right next to Hooters.

Unique Quality: Wonderful pools - 7- of them and they lead right to a great beach. The beach is better than on the rest of the strip. There are no rocks and no seaweed. They have a lifeguard and serve food and drinks right to you on the beach.
    It is not crowded there at all . We were just there Feb 22 to March 3.
    You can take a bus right out in front of the hotel for 7.5 pesos=about 60 cents!
    Avoid downtown Cancun as it is rundown and not very interesting. There is a mercado there full of tourist junk and too many hawkers everywhere. You can find the same items at the "flea market" on the hotel strip.

Directions: On the south end of the hotel strip.

• Crowe's Profile Photo

Good Hotel

Ended up staying here after a change of travel plans. Lovely hotel. Clean and well maintained. Standard Ocean view rooms large and bed is very comfy. You might read some reviews about hard mexican beds. I found them very comfy.

I would say that you could get better value for money for food elsewhere in Cancun therefore I would always recomend a cheap hire car for cancun to give you the maximum choice of restaurants etc However I had a hire car booked as I was touring round the Yucatan.

beach isnt that bad. it has slightly eroded and you will notice the slope when leaving the hotel. When we were there you couldnt swim in the ocean due to currents but it is low season.

I would give it an honest 9/10.

• Fabulous Pool

The Hilton in Cancun is one of the best hotels in Latin America. The main focus of any warm weather destination hotel has to be the beach and the pool -- and it is here that the Hilton wins hands down. The swimming pool cascades over seven levels and has hot tubs along each side of the pool. There is a swim up bar in the main area of the pool. The final and largest area in the pool is appears to flow into the ocean. The terraced levels adds to a feeling of privacy and even when the hotel is busy, the pool area never seems over crowded. The sand on the beach is fine and always cool (because it is limestone). The beach has alot of surf but this is nicer than at other areas where there is much less surf and thus more seaweed and dead fish smell. The restaurants are serviceable -- they are not terrific but it is easy enough to grab a cab and head out to any one of Cancun's great restaurants.

Unique Quality: Terrific Pool
    Swim up bar
    Ocean views from every room
    Golf course
    Quiet

Directions: Kilometer 17 in the Hotel Zone

More about Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort

Wonderful Hotel

Just returned from a fantastic week at the Hilton Cancun Beach & Golf Resort. We loved the expansive beach and swimming area. The location is very quite and well kept for a hotel in the Hotel Zone. The service was very friendly and accomodating. If you like snorkeling, I highly recommend taking a day trip to Puetro Morelos ($25 taxi ride or $2 bus ticket from downtown Cancun). Puerto Morelos is a quiet beach town with excellent access to the reef. The coral was amazing and we saw many types of fish we didn't run into in our other days of snorkeling.

A lovely resort

by TripAdvisor Member pricecVt

My husband and I went to the Hilton Cancun last April for 5 days and had a wonderful experience. We had never been to Cancun and actually were looking for a quiet experience and nothing in the hustle and bustle of downtown Cancun. We were pleasantly surprised to find no development on either side of the hotel therefore giving us quiet and serene beaches. The surf was rough but the beaches were spectacular - white, fine sand made of ground coral that was never hot on your feet no matter what the temperature. And the hotel was lovely. Our room was beautiful with a spectacular view. The hotel's staff was unbelievably friendly and gave great service. We loved all of the restaurants - particularly the Japanese restaurant. Definitely try the flaming coffee drinks after dinner. The show is incredible. We also loved the martini bar - it is a classy place and the drinks are awesome. Overall, if you are looking for a more quiet and relaxing vacation in a lovely atmosphere with great service - this is the right choice. We would definitely return.

Fantastic!!

I just returned from my second stay at the Hilton Cancun and enjoyed this trip even more this time than before. The staff is so accommodating and helpful no matter who you deal with at the front desks or in the dining room or in housekeeping. Any request was fulfilled quickly without question. It lives up to its name. Make sure to ask for a pool view. The hotel lobby is not air-conditioned, but is open to the outside air which blew freely in December. This was a major drawback when I was there in August at it was very hot and humid. During both trips I booked tours at the hotel with Lomas Travel to visit the Mayan ruins. The concierge had to call Patty from Lomas as she didn't show up at the time posted. She came right away and arranged everything for the next day. The bus picked us up at the Hilton which was great. I had wonderful guides who spoke about the Mayan culture during the ride, which would have been quite boring otherwise. Try to get the breakfast buffet at Spices Restaurant included in your vacation package. There are plenty of good choices including an omelet station in the back, fresh fruit and Mexican dishes. The food at Mitachi, the Asian restaurant on the beach is delicious with a wonderful view and I would highly recommend it. I have stayed here twice and would stay here again when I return to Cancun. It is a relaxing and quiet hotel that is far from the tourist crowd, but only a bus ride away if you want to enjoy the commercial strip or go downtown.

Quiet, classy, uncrowded and great staff

by TripAdvisor Member woodstocksez

My wife and I came back less than a week ago from a week-long stay. We were very satisfied. There may be nicer hotels in Cancun, but, given the price we paid (just over a hundred a night, including buffet breakfast, hotel taxes and transfers), I doubt there are better values.

This is not a party hotel. Almost all of the guests appeared to be families or (relatively sedate) couples. The hotel has a classy feel.
The atrium (which has a nice fountain) and lobby are open and comfortable (though sometimes a bit muggy). Our room was ample, adequately furnished and maintained, with lots of drawer and closet space. Every room apparently has an ocean view and all have at least a small step-out balcony. Though the hotel appeared to be nearly full when we were there (judging from the lights in windows at night), it never felt crowded. There were always plenty of chairs near the pool and on the beach. There are palapas everywhere, making it easy to avoid sunburn while still enjoying the beach and/or any part of the pool.
While the pool complexes of some other Cancun hotels seemed more interesting to me when checking out places online, the Hilton's pool complex is nice and grew on me during our stay: as the week went on, it seemed more elegant and I appreciated the diversity of the pool areas more. The beach is large enough. As others have noted, the surf is not good for small children: the drop-off is quick and the undertow may be a bit strong for little kids. The hotel is more isolated from surrounding hotels than appears to be the case with virtually all other Cancun hotels. For me, that was a good thing. As others have noted, buses which run continually through the hotel zone make it easy (and cheap) to get to the action at the northern part of the island if you like. (Just make sure you sit down fast if you're one of the last to get on.)

Perhaps the best thing about the hotel is the staff. I typically feel uncomfortable being waited on and generally prefer not to have staff seeking to attend to me; we rarely availed ourselves of the staff's help during the week. Nevertheless, I found the staff to be very attentive without being intrusive. I almost felt as if someone was always (or, at least, often) unobtrusively paying attention to us, ready to assist if they sensed you wanted it, but willing to leave you alone if you didn't indicate any desire for attention. From the maid to the bellmen to the waiters, they were all pleasant without being obsequious, and seemed genuinely to want to help if you needed it. I never really felt like someone was forcing service on me just to get a tip. Hotel security guys were constantly on the prowl, but, far from being oppressive, they just made me feel that the place was constantly being looked after.

The breakfast buffet was good and reasonably priced at $8 per person.
They had a good mix of fruit, juices, breads and pastries, "American" breakfast food and Mexican food. Some staples were constant, while other selections varied daily. We never had a problem stuffing ourselves (and that's not a given for my Vietnamese wife, who is not partial to "American" breakfast food). The waiters were usually right on top of clearing plates and topping off coffee and juice. Other than the breakfast buffet, we only ate one other time at the hotel. We ordered a pizza one night from the Italian restaurant and I thought it was excellent and very reasonably priced (less than $8 for a 10" pizza). (For those in the San Jose area, it was reminiscent of the pizza you get at Willow Street Pizza.) We didn't try out the Japanese restaurant (though we intended to), so can't report on the food, but the seaside ambiance looked to be very inviting and the prices, again, seemed reasonable (particularly compared to other Cancun restaurants).

The gym is nice. There are no free weights (except for some dumbbells), but there are a wide variety of machines that can be used to work out any muscle group. There's a reasonable array of cardio equipment.

Judging from the view from the elevator, the golf course seemed nondescript, but you do get a discount if staying at the Hilton.
There's a small ruins site just a mile or so down the road from the Hilton if you want some culture, but, like us, not too much and with no long trip involved. (The ruins visit was really the only minor bummer of the trip. A couple of Mexican groups ahead of us apparently got in for free, while we got hit up for an admissions fee; I later read that admission on Sunday, when we went, is supposed to be free. At $3 apiece, it wasn't the money, but the principle of the thing. Anyway, I got over it.)

Overall, the Hilton Cancun was just a pleasurable place to spend a week. There were no hassles and everything was as I expected and wanted it to be (and sometimes more), and that's not always the case at vacation resorts.

Impeccable property, impeccable service

My wife and I purchased a five-night hotel package from Costco Travel, and stayed in this hotel from 12/11/03 through 12/16/03. Going through customs was a breeze, and Aeromexico even serves free cocktails. The transport, provided with the package, was on-time and very pleasant.

Our first impression of the property was simply awesome. The hotel is a magnificent piece of architecture, with the towering atrium, wide open feel, and massive pool area. Coupled with the clean, spacious beach, we were duly impressed.

The Costco package included a daily breakfast buffet, which was outstanding. Lots of very good food, with nice variety each day. But more than anything, the service, from the "lowly" bus-boy to the concierge was unbelievable. The hotel staff truly valued your presence, and everyone made it a point to greet you with a smile. Bottom line, GET the breakfast buffet, and "stock up" for the day. You can even bring up a "doggie bag" to go for your wife, in case she likes to sleep in.

Later we hit the pool area, and enjoyed the spa and swim up bar. Again, absolutely spotless environment and flawless service. The pool was nice and warm, and properly treated.

After that, we decided to take the regular running bus to downtown to visit Market 28. The buses are a bit brutal. Some drivers are maniacs, and don't wait for you to sit down. But, hey, it's cheap.

Market 28 is your typical cheap Mexican trinket marketplace, specializing in souvenirs, women's wrap dresses and outfits, cheap chess boards, etc. The vendors are aggressive. Learn how to say "no thank you" in Spanish before you visit this area.

We also visited the local Wal Mart (close to Market 28), which was jammed. Long lines, palettes blocking aisles, and people pushing about.
Just like the USA Wal Mart.

Our last excursion was snorkeling using the Aqua World service. It cost about $75 US (2 people) for the boat ride to a reef, and included all the equipment and a lunch. FORGET IT. The water was cold, dark and cloudy, and the lunch was inedible. Nonetheless, the Aqua World staff was extremely nice.

We were warned about pushy time share salesman, but we didn't encounter ANY. Maybe we were just lucky, but I also know that the local government is trying to crack down on these parasites.

We were splashed with a dose of good 'ol USA hospitality while coming home and changing planes in the Atlanta airport. We stopped into the Red Brick Tavern for some food prior to our final leg to LAX. The waitress never looked at us while taking our order, and literally threw our plates on the table, never saying a word. Maybe this was a bit of bad luck, but it certainly says a lot about the citizens of Cancun, who are GRATEFUL you are there, versus the USA waitress who thinks SHE'S doing you a favor by serving you. What a contrast.

Ultimately, we'll be back to the Cancun Hilton. It was the best vacation we've ever enjoyed. Service is truly king.

Cancun HiltonCancun Hilton

cancun resortscancun resorts

Hilton Cancun - guests wear wrist bands?

by fotolilith

Does anyone know if all Hilton Cancun guests are required to wear wrist bands?

Re: Hilton Cancun - guests wear wrist bands?

by YVRDave

The wristbands are normanlly for All-Inclusive packages. So if you don't have an AI package, you won't need one

Comments