Hostel Quetzal

More about Cancún

Lagoon view in CancunLagoon view in Cancun

Isla Mujeres streetIsla Mujeres street

beach cafebeach cafe

Closer up view of the stepsCloser up view of the steps

blue bay club

by happyodg

hi,
my question is simple. I have been to Cancun area before. I picked blue bay because of it close proximity to the ferry to isla mujuers, and out of the 'hotel zone'. Is there access to water fresh to fill up my own water bottles around resort? Is the beach nice for floating a any chance of snorkeling? Also I am late 40's female traveling solo, are there more than just families? No i do not want a party area! thanks for any help or suggestions!

Re: blue bay club

by iam1wthee

Hello:

My friend stayed at this hotel a few years back. She went with 3 other female guests. From her stories it was a mixture of families and single people. She did not mention snorkeling. She said that she rode a horse on the beach.

Travel Tips for Cancún

Bring a Hat!

by rmlopez74

Now, if you are anything like me, you need to bring a hat with you to Cancun. And sunglasses. And lot's of good sunblock. Don't be the typical tourist you gets so burnt their first day out that the rest of the trip is miserable. Buy a good wide-brimmed packable hat, as my wife is demonstrating in the picture. Wear your sunglasses and make sure to put on sunscreen a half hour before you go out, and reapply every couple of hours. More often if you go in the water.

That equatorial sun will burn you quick. I saw way too many "lobster" tourists, with borderline sun stroke. You may look like a dork, but you will enjoy your trip so much more without second degree sun burns.

Hotels and Beaches

by nepalgoods

Cancun is ideal for swimming, diving and a lot of fun! Big hotels are built side by side. Many of them are very luxurious. I actually don't like the big hotels. So I did not stay very long in Cancun. Nearby Playa del Carmen is more quiet and has some nice small hotels. The impressive sunset!!!

The best waiter!

by gipper84

One of my fondest memories about Cancun has to be the service that they provide to you. The service is world class by far, because they really do wait on you hand and foot. We had one waiter named Miguel who was just hilarious. When we first met him we asked him if he was Ricky Martin and he started laughing. He even tried to sing one of the songs which he failed miserably at. I loved Miguel as our waiter because he always made sure our drinks were full, and everything was cleared when we were finished with it. At one point I dropped a fork, and before it was done spinning he had picked it up and brought me a new one. He was that good. He was also a drink waiter at Club Andromeda. He recognized me and David and made sure we had all the drinks we could ever want. He was just an all around awesome guy, and I was glad to meet him.

LUNCH TIME...
...for me a...

by LysDor

LUNCH TIME...

...for me a salad or

a *mexican*
hamburger (at least the sauce was HOT!!) and french fries - a lot of them...so there were our hotel pet friends coming along sharing them - TRUE they loved salted french friens!

Again, never seen such thing - lizards eating French fries !!

The guy on the right picture is aprox. 1m. (maybe 1,5m.) long and when he wasn't on HIS rock (opposed to customers' sundeck area!) I wouldn't go near my sunbed - no way!!

All throughout Mexico,Spanish...

by rachel_sun

All throughout Mexico,Spanish is the official language.A big part of the population speak Maya.Other common languages include English,French,German and Italian.Cancun is -6 hours of the Greenwich Meridian Time.Religion and family are very important to Mexican people. Here is the point where the lagoon meets the sea.

Comments