Hotel Caribe International

Ave Yaxchilan Sunyaxchen 36, Cancun, Quintana Roo, 77500, Mexico

More about Cancún

Near Puerto MorelosNear Puerto Morelos

The view from a Third floor SuiteThe view from a Third floor Suite

Cozumel beach, lovely white sand, w/clear waterCozumel beach, lovely white sand, w/clear water

EAting at the Popular Place get fameEAting at the Popular Place get fame

Getting to Tulum

by e_crowe

I'm going to be in Cancun this Sept for a conference. I'd like to go to Tulum, but not on a tour. I'm actually not interested in going to the ruins. I'd like to go to the beach......more specifically, El Paraiso Beach Club. If it's feasible to stop by the ruins before heading to the beach club, then I'll do it, however, my priority is the beach. I heard that I can take the ADO bus from Cancun...is that so?

I realize the the pulic bus won't take me to the front steps of the beach club, so I don't mind taking a taxi for the trip from the bus station to the beach.

Advice?

by om_212

we stayed at the cabañas just next to the ruins so we just walked there. the Tulum ruins are very modest compared to Chichen Itza, but what makes them spectacular is that they are located on waterfront. so it's definitely worth a visit there. as I said we walked, but we have seen people on bicycles, so you might inquire at your hotel or around if they rent bikes, or just take a taxi. the price is pretty reasonable there.

by LoriPori

When we stayed in Cancun, we took the local bus to Tulum. First we went to the bus station and caught the ADO bus to Playa de Carmen. From there we transferred to another bus that took us to the Tulum Ruins site. The bus lets you off at the highway, and you just walk across the highway to the Ruins Site. There is a lovely beach there called Papaya Beach.
Here is a link to my tip "Getting To Tulum" which I hope will be helpful for you.

by Dolphinrider

ADO is the way to go, the buses are nicer than an airplane and cheap. I like to stay at www.artdecosuites.com which is just a 3 minute walk from the ADO terminal, nice, safe, and inexpensive. The bus will drop you off at major points, like the ruins.

Travel Tips for Cancún

Best Beach

by solopes

There are lots of excellent hotels in the 20 Km long line of sand that gave notoriety to Cancun. But I was told that, in same sections of it, the sea could become treacherous. Krystal hotel had the advantage of being in one of the safest areas of the beach, and being safe, keeping the waves that make all the difference between pool and sea. Great!

Weather

by Kurtiemon

The weather is great during the month of May and I would suggest venturing to Cancun around that time. I've been there three times and didn't experience any rain. I enjoy sitting at the beach bar and enjoying my favorite spirit. With a slight breeze and some Bob Marley playing it makes for quite a memory.

The Maya people

by Lady_Disdain

Unlike what many history books say, the Maya people did not "disappear" suddenly. Even though the great ceremonial centers such as Chichen Itza, Tulum and others where abandoned, the Maya people themselves didn't go anywhere. And, even today, most of the residents of Quintana Róo identify themselves as Maya, or a mixture of Maya and Spanish.

The people are very proud of their origins. The guides will proudly tell how it took the Spanish over 21 years to conquer the Yucatán peninsula. Restaurant owners will say that a certain dish is Maya in origin. A local bar will serve a fiery drink made of honey and aniseed.

The creation of a holiday resort

by Maria_75

In the late 60's a commitee was doing massive research to find a good place to build a holiday resort. After a while the choice fell on Cancun. They meant it was a perfect place mainly because of it's location, beaches and weather. In the mid-70's they started building, and some of the first hotels was financed by the mexican government.

After a while the place got very popular and the infrastructure around the Yucatán peninsula started getting better. Before this the peninsula had very little contact with the rest of the country. Roads were in bad condition and communications between the areas were poor. But this started to change as Cancun got more and more popular.

Today it is one of the most visited places in all of Mexico. Tourists mainly come from USA but also from the rest of the world. Some thinks it is too overdeveloped and others love it. But it is also a good base for exploring many of the great places around the peninsula.

On the Avenue Kukulcán, the...

by Ronald_T

On the Avenue Kukulcán, the main road of the Hotel Zone, you find a lot of statues and monuments. Therefore, instead using the taxi or bus to go downtown or to other places it might be better to do this road by food. I will show you some were I took pictures from.

Comments