Hotel Tulum

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Cancún

Whale Shark Tour CancunWhale Shark Tour Cancun

Twins relaxing at Xel-Ha Resort, Cancun, MexicoTwins relaxing at Xel-Ha Resort, Cancun, Mexico

Beautiful dolphinBeautiful dolphin

Full Granite Kitchen and Stainless Steel ApplianceFull Granite Kitchen and Stainless Steel Appliance

Travel to Isla Mujeres

by cya-traveller

We are arriving in CUN airport on late Sunday afternoon around 430pm and have reservations at the Villa Kiin on Isla Mujeres. Can we get info on ideas for transportation to the island.
Assuming best way is shuttle from airport to ferry pier, ferry over and then taxi to hotel. Anyone think of anything easier?
Thanks for help.

Re: Travel to Isla Mujeres

by Kakapo2

This is exactly how I did it when I was there some years ago. Well, I did not need a taxi on the island as my hotel was centrally located and I could walk. But Villa Kiin seems to be at a more remote location, so taxi would be the way to go. I read that taxis might charge 10 Pesos extra if they depart at the ferry dock, and you would save this if you flag it down outside this area. But I think the money would be worth the convenience of not having to carry your luggage around...

Re: Travel to Isla Mujeres

by Gatopardo

Hi,

The answer is already in your question. The way to go is basically the way you explained it.

The only thing that would change is your taxi on the island. I looked at the location of your hotel on an expedia map and looks next to the Avalon Reef Hotel. I have done the walk from the pier to the Avalon and it's definitely at walking distance. So, it should be a quick ride from the pier to your hotel.
However for the first night at least, depending on how you feel (and luggage), go easy and ride a taxi. On my case, as soon as I exit the ferry, would walk to my left (North) following the "malecon/pier", take right on avenida lopez mateos (the last one on the corner - see map), turn left on carlos lazo and right before avalon hotel (they usually have small or medium size signs directing you to the hotel). I remember asking myself: "is this the road?", because the paved road ended and sand started - that was my hardwired mind talking to me as a dummy city crawler. Which reminds me of bringing a small flash light for night walks.

You can skip the walk on your arrival and do your walk the following day and get an idea of the distance from the hotel to the ferry pier.

That's all for now - you guys enjoy your stay and have a happy trip!

Travel Tips for Cancún

Largest Mexican Flag I have seen!`

by ATXtraveler

I was quite surprised... and coming from Texas, this is something I am used to.... at how large the flag was! National pride is something native to all Texans, but to see such a large Mexican flag was fun!

This picture was taken from our tender boat on the way in from the cruise ship to Cancun.

You get the best deal out of...

by Geisha_Girl

You get the best deal out of doing an 'All-Inclusive' package with your hotel. With all the drinks and eats you can have included in the price...........you'll never have to leave the hotel!! The Cabana boys!!

One can really know how to 'vacation' when you're staying at one of the all-inclusive resorts in Cancun.

You can sit poolside all day, and the staff caters to you! What other place can offer Tequila volleyball, beer guzzling contests, and Salsa lessons all in one area??

Rent a banana boat with some friends and see where the waves take you along the Yucatan coast!

Did I mention the Cabana boys???

DREAMING...
...of the SUN! It...

by LysDor

DREAMING...

...of the SUN! It was an ON/OFF relationship with that golden disc and seemed each and everyone was someway under its power. When it came out of the cloud everyone rushed back to their sunbed in between rain-showers. I did that as well but it was real fun to watch people do it from my balcony.

Then one afternoon it started raining again - so it was back to the hotel room and shower. But it soon changed to a nasty tempest where the strong wind was throwing all sunbeds into the pool and surroundings. I didn't want to stay too close to the window in case some object should bump into it - I have never experienced such bad weather, it was extremely scary!

I was happy to go downstair to the lobby where happy-hour meant Frozen Strawberry Margaritas and many of them - at least today they were more than welcome *grin*!!

When you are at the airport. ...

by WILDEFLOWER

When you are at the airport. Your vacation hotel guide will be there waiting for you. You will ride a bus, van or car. It is a slow process. Then off to the hotels, condos, motels, Inns and resorts. Margarita's at the airport are available outside and corona!

HAGGLE AND PRACTICE YOUR SPANISH

by yankeegirl

Knowledge of the Spanish language is not needed, but knowing even a little, and at least trying - makes things go your way a lot more often.
Don't be afraid to haggle when renting a car, booking an activity, or shopping at the outdoor markets.

Comments