Hotetur Beach Paradise

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Blvd Kukulcan Km 19.5, Zona Hotelera (formerly Yalmakan Cancun), Cancun 77500, Mexico

BelleVue Beach Paradise
Official Site Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• XtravelloverX's Profile Photo

Affordable Hotel on Cancun's Strip

The Yalmakan is an all-inclusive (AI) budget hotel. We had a two double bed room with ocean view that was clean and comfortable. There was a "balcony" that was so small you couldn't really sit on it, but the views were great. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the hotel.

The rooms have: AC, Cable TV, Direct Phone, Channel Music, Attached BathRoom, Shower, Bath Tub, Shower/ Bath Tub, Mini Bar, Work Desk, Safe Deposit Box, Smoke Alarms, Sprinklers, Double Bed, King Bed

Unique Quality: There was a massage therapist located outside so you can get a full body rub-down near the beach and ocean, talk about relaxing. 30min was approx. $50usd.

There is a bus stop right outside the hotel that will take you to "downtown" Cancun where all the shops, restaurants and wild bars are. It cost 50 cents to ride!

The hotel next door has an ATM machine as the Yalmakan did not.

The pool w/the swimup bar was fantastic, the drinks were always ready. There was volleyball and wacky 'get to know ya' games by the other pool. And there was also a huge hot tub near the snackbar (which had great cheese fries).

YOU NEED TO GET OUT TO THE DECK EARLY FOR A GOOD CHAIR SPOT, the deck fills up fast!

And finally, this was an all-inclusive hotel and the best buffet was in the morning with pancakes, eggs, omelets, hash browns, sausages and bacon, oh this list is long. Great buffet to start out the day!

Directions: This hotel located on the Caribbean beach, minutes away from the lively hotel zone, near the Ruinas del Rey and 15 minutes from the airport.

• yankeegirl's Profile Photo

Now called "Hotetur Beach Paradise"

Great service! Food is terrible on an almost epic level. Definitely set aside extra $$ for dining out for a night or two.

Unique Quality: Great stretch of beach that was virtually deserted at the time of year that we went. Plus, the price was sooo low we were able to rent a jeep and go exploring on our own terms which was great!!

More about Hotetur Beach Paradise

Nice Hotel

I would suggest this hotel to the younger crowd or the open minded. The people that worked at this hotel were very nice and helpful, the swim up bar is awesome! The hotel lobby is not air-conditioned so I would think that the older crowd may not enjoy this. I went during Spring Break 2003 and the hotel did alot of fun day and night activities. Although this hotel is a little ways down from all the "action" or nightlife, it was a good location - you are right across from The Jungle Tour, which has iguanas running around everywhere. You have to take the bus everywhere you go but it is only 60cents and even if you stayed towards the top of the "seven" you would most likely take the bus wherever you go anyways. Overall I had a very good time. TIP: If you want good alclholic drinks - tip the bartender a couple of pesos everytime you order a drink. I read all of the reviews of this hotel on this page and I was a little scared a staying at the Yalmakan, it really doesn't matter where you stay - you are in a tropical paradise, HAVE FUN!

Wonderful Time

My wife and I stayed at the Yalmakan from March 22 thru the 29th, 2003. It was also Spring Break time. (We had a lot of fun with the kids on Spring Break)What makes this hotel great is the staff. From the front counter to the cleaning stafff and right on through to the entertainment staff, we never failed to receive an "hola" or friendly smile. The drinks were awesome. The buffet food was average (Tip: for breakfast you can have an omelette made to taste), but we found the food in the Blue Paradise to be great! Once again the service from the staff there really completed the experience. The entertainment staff works very hard to get everyone involved whether you are pool side or sitting in the bar having a few drinks after dinner. (Tip: don't miss the shows they put on in the outdoor theater. Both shows were highlights of our stay.)The rooms are old, but kept very clean. We stayed in a two room suite on the lagoon side. The elevator in tower 3 did break down once, but maitenance had it running again in no time at all. BTW, the shower was the best shower I have ever had in a hotel.We did not go into this vacation expecting to stay at a 5 star hotel. We didn't pay for that and therefore expected much less.We will definately go back to the Ya' lma' kan

Outstanding service!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Yalmakan is a very good place to stay for the service and the price. The food isnt all that great, but is that why you are really in Mexico. The rooms were decent and the beach was nice. The service was EXCELLENT. All of the people were very friendly and wanted to help. I would definitely go stay there again. Next trip is in Aug of 2003...staying at the Sierra..if anyone has any tips of whether I should change my hotel or stay there..email me

Not All That it Could Be

We stayed at the Yalmakan from April 7 - 12, 2003. We had a good idea of what to expect by reading reviews here before we left. The view of the ocean is amazing!! It's the best part of this so called resort! The staff at the Yalmakan (AKA Blue Paradise/InterClub Beach) is very friendly and helpful. However, the rooms are in desparate need of maintenance and repair. A/C works only sporadically, for rooms that have a small refrigerator.... they leak, and the plumbing is awful. We had to be moved because our shower did not work in the first room and the refrigerator leaked. In the second room, the toilet would not flush... at all. My husband, a plumber, had to repair the toilet himself. The pool needs repair as tiles are falling off, and several guests had blue paint stuff to their bodies from the pool decking. The food cooked/prepared is average at best. However, the fruit is excellent. As long as you are not there for the resort itself, you'll enjoy your trip. But if you want to relax by the pool... go somewhere else!

Fun place to be!

My friend and I went to Cancun for the first time this past March and stayed at the Yalmakan. It was a great experience. THe people that worked their were are very friendly and we made friends with alot of them. It's a super fun atmoshere and the people their always did something exciting to make you enjoy the hotel. The swim up bar was great as was the bar inside. THe bartenders were cool. Just a great place to go and I would go back in a second. It's not a ritzy place but laid back and fun. YOu get what you pay for and the all inclusive is the way to go!

Not Bad At All Whatsoever!

I was there for the 2nd time in my life and I completely loved it better than I liked the hotel i stayed at previously....The service is great , great food , just everything really good....U guys really need to stop complaining because u can't find many trips that cheap and with a good service like Yalmacan offers......:) xoxo

The ghetto of all hotels

This was my first time in Cancun and my travel agency picked the worst possible place for my friend and I to stay. The hotel itself was old and had a smell of mold, cockroaches, the air conditioning barely worked, and the front desk staff was not helpful at all. There was very little variety of food at the buffet. I did not get what I paid for. Again I say, if you like the ghetto, you will love this place.

always wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member chillyinIN

We are getting ready for our 3rd stay at Yalmakan. Went there on our honeymoon & have gone back every year for our anniversary. Like some of the reviews, i agree that some of the rooms have had problems & are in need of maintenance. but in these cases the staff have been very accommodating & moved us to a new room. We even got champagne and a lovely fruit basked last year for our anniversary. The bar, food, and staff are all excellent, this is a wonderful resort to stay at for the price, which is excellent.

A beach paradiseA beach paradise

hotetur beach paradise

by late2004us

anyone know anythink about this hotel please

RE: hotetur beach paradise

by tamisha_denise

I have stayed at this hotel twice. The last time I stayed there was 2 years ago. The hotel was nice, people were friendly and the beach is pretty there. It is like the 3rd hotel you come to in the hotel zone. The first time I stayed here it was called the "yalmakan hotel". It's not a five star but it was very nice. Has a swim up bar but pool is small.

Comments