Hyatt Zilara Cancun

See Amenities
brkilbourne's Profile Photo

Luxury

by written on February 10, 2013

Service: The best service I have ever experienced. For example, we got in the room and I opened 2 of the 3 beers in the minifrig. I called house keeping and asked for some more cerveza. Before I finished my cigarette there was a knock on the door - "How many sir and what kind". The pool side waiter came up & asked for our drink order, I gave it but forgot to ask for an ashtray. I had cigs in my shirt pocket. He comes back with our drinks and an ashtray, very observant. At breakfast, I sat down and realized I had forgotten the syrup for my french toast. When I noticed, so did our waiter and he asked if he could bring some. It was great service without being intrusive.
Rooms: Room 707 was spectacular. It had a perfect ocean view, hammock, jacuzzi, 2 sinks and a good bed. Cancun is known for their rock hard beds, but not here. All rooms have a front ocean view.
Balconies. Most of the 5th thru 7th floor balconies have wall dividers. Some exceptions ( 727) is one I'm aware of. The 8th floor ( non Presidential suites ) rooms only have one divider. Balconies are separate but some have no privacy wall between the two. On the 2nd thru 4th floor the balconies that have a column have dividers on only one side. Look at the video when checking in on line, mine was accurate. Rooms 314-326 and 414-426 doorways/hall are on the inside overlooking the main hall where they have shows every night at 9:45. They run about 45 minutes. If you are an early to bed type, you will want to choose a different room.
Shows: Were better than others I've seen in Cancun hotels.
Food. Spice restaurant: Had the best breakfast, lunch & supper buffet I've ever seen, including in Las Vegas . At lunch, I walked up to the grill. The server put a knife on the rare cooked loin and moved it to the thickness I wanted, cut it and threw it on the grill, for as long as I wanted. The shrimp were the size of your thumb, about 25 count per lb. Savannah is shrimp country and I can tell you these were fresh and perfectly cooked. They also had scallops, pork, sushi, fajitas, burgers, basically anything most people would want and all of it fresh & hot.
Tapas: Are "small bites: (intentional ) but you can order the whole menu if you want. Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection again and extremely flavorful.
Pelicano's: We loved eating here, steady breeze looking over the most beautiful blue ocean. Seafood and other things.
Chefs plate: "Molecular food". Most unusual but great food. This was a treat for the senses of vision, hearing, taste, smell and touch. Sixteen people share one table. We were asked to at least try each course even if you don't normally eat it. All plates were cleaned by everyone at our table, for all courses. If one were to describe the dessert I would have to call it humorous. One piece of the dessert was a triangular wafer. Think of a food that is loud when eaten. Normally the person next to you can here the crunch, crunch. Not with this. In your head it sounds like around 90 - 100 decibels but no one else can hear it.
Asiana has excellent service and food, probably the equal of Maria/Marie's in quality.
Maria/Maries: The quality of the food and service are not to be topped anywhere in Savannah, GA it equals or surpasses our highest quality restaurants. The same meal in Savannah would be between $200-$250 for two. They have 8 red and 8 white wines. Francisco, our waiter, was outstanding and recommended a wine that went great with our food. We had Mexican seafood bouillabaisse and scallops hor d'oeuvres, which were perfect. Also nice was the lime sorbet to cleanse the palate. I don't like "surf&turf" and this prepared my palate for the main meat entree. I had a deer ribeye ( about 16oz ) that was perfectly cooked and the lamb chops another day, again perfectly cooked.
24 hr club has 2 pool tables, ping pong table and board games, finger food, bottles of liquor, multiple coffee machine , chest of various teas and a wine rack. If you see a wine you would like to try, pull it, uncork it and bring it to your room or ask room service for it.
Coffee shop: Coffee of course but it also has pastries, fruit and a chocolate fountain. Very nice and accommodating people in there.
Bar was large with plenty of seats around it to relax plus a couple of beach beds. People just took pictures of each other but nobody laid back in them so to speak.
Pool- Loved the configuration. It's larger then it looks. It has a cool side and heated side. Both were great at different times of the day. There are several large hot tubs. The hotel was full for Memorial Day weekend but there was no problem at any time of the day to find chairs, covered or otherwise. Yes if you have a specific spot you want to occupy go early and put your stuff on it. The beach is wide and again we had no trouble finding a place. The beach bar was convenient and they do have beach service.
The beach has many more shells on the beach after the restoration, this is both a good thing and bad. Great for shell collectors but the sand can feel not as soft as the old Cancun sand.
Guest services, people in the blue uniforms are time share. Unless your interested, be firm and tell them no. After that they put a card in your door, ignore it.

Unique Quality: All rooms are ocean front.

Directions: The Hotel Zone

Royal Resorts Cancun Mexico timeshare Scam

by written on August 25, 2011

I purchased a seven night vacation at The Royal Cancun during a timeshare presentation for Royal Resorts (aka: Interval Servicing Co Club Internacional de Cancun ). Upon returning home from vacation 5 days later, I went online and discovered I was charged double the rate to stay at this resort.
I immediately contacted customer service and cancelled my stay at The Royal Cancun and Contacted Visa to dispute the $375 down payment I was charged. I was assured by Royal Resorts that my account would be cancelled, I would owe nothing and receive my down payment back.
A month later I received a bill in the mail from Royal Resorts. I contacted customer service again and was assured it was only a mistake and I owed nothing, at this time they mailed a letter to me showing my account was closed and my account balance is $0.
I begin to think I am finally out of this scam until a month later when Visa calls to inform me that my down payment still has not been refunded. I call customer service again and again and keep getting the run around and am told someone will call me back (which never happened). Upon my last call to customer service they finally tell me they have no plans on refunding the down payment I made. I now have to go through the Federal Consumer Protection Commission to try to get my money back from this scam. Please beware Royal Resorts cares nothing about there customers and only about ripping people off!!!

brkilbourne's Profile Photo

Superb

by written on June 5, 2010

Shows: Were better than others I've seen in Cancun hotels.

Unique Quality: Service, service and food.

Directions: Right in the middle of the Hotel Zone. Across from Flamingo Plaza mall and bars Margaritaville and Pat Obrians

keida84's Profile Photo

All Luxury All the Time

by written on June 19, 2007

"All inclusive" now that is what I like to hear. "Upgrade Mrs M" even better! Such was the case at The Royal in Cancun a brand new mega resort in Cancun. I had booked a junior oceanfront suite this came with a room category upgrade to a corner oceanfront suite. 48 hours prior to our arrival the hotel gave me a code to open a web page on their site to actually choose the room I wanted. This was a great feature. When we arrived they had extended another guests stay so they upgraded us to the VIP suite replete with a swim up pool with in water chaise lounges.

All inclusive is no joke at the Royal in Cancun. We had a mini bar that was not mini at all. We had full size bottles of alcohol (nope we did not have a drink) plus a well stocked refrigerator with milk, juice and soda and fizzy H2O. The room was spectacular, over 750 sq feet. Our shower had a regular handheld nozzle OR you could try the multi-fauceted shower that shoots water at you from top to bottom. The shower also doubled as a steam room (just like the spa) with a window looking out over the ocean. The in room jaccuzi was awesome and to my husband's liking the "Nesspresso" which had liquid espresso shots you could make right in your room. The amenities were plentiful and even had things like a shaving kit and a first aid kit too! Very nice touch!! Total luxury and we never wanted to leave.

Unique Quality: On line check in, the hotel is all inclusive excepting tours and services like massages or use of the business center. We were given the best table in all of the restaurants. We were given a $100.00 usd in hotel credit, a reserved beach cabana with a beach butler, twice daily maid service (the nighttime turndown was beautiful, free use of a mini cooper car (we did not do this because their insurance rates were too high), free round trip airport transfers were all a part of our package.

The only thing was our suite was on the party side of the hotel. The emcee on a microphone blaring disco and other loud music was a bit too much. We could not use our patio because it kept going on and on. Now I enjoy a good party but this was a bit much, finally after 6 hours I called the front desk the situation was resolved almost instantly. **Word to the wise: Book like I did on the spa side of the hotel it is quieter. Too bad I forgot about that when they upgraded us, but really I was not about to kick a gift horse in the mouth when the suite was offered to us.

There is so much to tell about this hotel that it cannot be written in one review so please check out my other tips for more information on this grand hotel.

Nearby Hyatt Zilara Cancun

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Cancún Travel Forum

Need advice about Cancún, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Cancún and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cancún hotel reviews