Blvd Kukulcan, Km 2.5, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

Costs 53% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Imperial Las Perlas Hotel

Cancun, Mexico

by pinkpearl about Imperial Las Perlas Hotel

Simple but nice hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean, beachfront location too, in the northern side of the strip. It has a small swimming pool, and one floating restaurant.
The waiters are oh-so-sweet and friendly, they really make you feel at home.

There was no nightly entertainment, since I was there during low season. They offered escorted nightly trips to different clubs or discos, at one's expense though.

Beach has white sand of course, lounging chairs and open bar with charming and friendly bartenders. One can also dance by the bar in the evening.

Food in the floating resto was good, buffet style, with variety of dishes.

Downside was the water, there always was seagrass to be collected every morning. Water was clean but the seagrass made it uninviting for swimming. At breakfast, I would make sandwiches for lunch, and would take it with me to the eastern beach where the water was just pure aqua blue. Waves were quite high, I went to the water only when other people were in it too. Twas fun to jump through the waves as they crashed to the shore. Rolled twice when I jumped too late.

Stop thief !

The staff are obnoxious unhelpful and down right rude!!We stayed at the Imperial Las Perlas Cancun for 2 nights just recently.. after getting fed up with bad beaches and "tourist" prices we decided to move on to Isla Mujeres - nice people, nice prices!!However, we soon realised that we has left 2 CD´s containing four months of travel photographs in the Imperial Las Perlas - we quickly jumped on a ferry to get back over there only to be told that they were not allowed to unlock the cleaners lost and found room unless she was there.. we were told to come back tomorrow..The next day we arrived and were told to wait why they checked the lost and found. After 45 mins and nobody coming back to us we asked again, just to be told instantly that it was not there. We were also told that we couldn´t be helped any further as we were not guests of the hotel anymore!!!The frustrating thing is that we know that nobody had checked into the room after us and that it was still empty on that day.. somehow the CD´s have just disappeared???My advice... STAY AWAY!!!

Wonderful family vacation

Myself, husband and three kids have just got home from Cancun. The Imperial Las Perlas was fantastic, the rooms are huge and all 5 of us still had lots of room to move around, the hotel is very basic but clean and the beach is great. We met lots of great people, some who were staying in really expensive hotels on the zone and wished they had stayed at the Imperial. If you are staying at this hotel it's worth paying an extra $13.00 a day each for all_ inclusive ( kids under 12 Free), for this you get 3 meals a day plus snacks and all drinks and some water sports. We have had the best time ever the staff are friendly, the sea clear and warm the price of the vacation excellent worth every cent!! Go there and have fun, don't expect the Ritz and you'll have a great time !!!!

Excellent Place! I am going back again!

We went to Cancun from Aug 30 to Sept 6 2003. We stayed at Imperial Las Perlas. And..... after reading all reviews we almost cancelled our trip because we thought the hotel was going to be horrible! But..... it's not at all.... I didn't here music blasting with only rap music. In fact, they played music to suit the mood..... and they played a variety. The hotel employees were extremly accomdating and nice, everyone was so helpful! Let me just give you an example, when we checked-in..... we got our room within minutes... no waiting.... our room was ocean view on the 3rd floor, but just remember, there are no elevators! That night we called the service desk and told them that our A/C was not working and they sent someone to come check it out immediately. In fact, they decided that it would be easier to just give us another room. Our room was clean and nobody stole anything. We bought a safe (which was a code number pad safe) but ended up not even using it.... the place was safe and clean. There are two restaurants and they served hot food all the time... and if you're worried that you'll get bored of the food... you won't... because they have different menus everyday. The bartenders were great and were enjoying what they were doing. The crowd was mixed both young and old, and families..... we didn't have a problem with rowdy loud people.... and just to let you know we are ages 24 (my girlfriend and I) and we both had a blast. to sum it up, it is a 3 star hotel but we got 5 star treatment from everyone. So don't worry about what other spoiled people are saying, give this hotel a chance, I am sure you'll love it. For those who are expecting people to be your slaves and expect PERFECTION, then go somewhere else, this hotel is a small, quite and beatiful place..... if your looking for something to blow your mind away, then go to one of the larger hotels.

And... just to be fair, here are some of the negative things about Imperial Las Perlas.
1. the beach is small and they don't have many lawn chairs.
2. Water pressure is very week.... so don't flush the toilet while someone is taking a bath 3. We saw 3 roaches but they were dead and the maids cleaned it up the next day 4.T.V. only has 4 channels, 1 english playing only CNN a U.S. news channel

Otherwise, I am already planning my next trip to Cancun and am already planning on returning to this hotel. The hotel is wonderful and I would definately recommend this hotel for people on a tight budget. It is beautiful and clean... in fact, some of the other 3star hotels in the zone look even worse from the outside..... So.. in terms of ranking, I would put this hotel in the top 3 for the budget hotel category...........

I recommend Imperial Las Perlas and I can't wait to return! I hope this helps you make your decision. Don't worry too much about some of the bad reviews..... I didn't encounter any of the problems they did.......
in fact, I think some of those people were expecting this hotel to be made of gold! I agree that it is not a 5 star hotel........ but Imperial Las Perlas, far exceeded my expectations.

Good Vacation for a Good Price

Imperial las Perlas was actually better than we expected based on the below average reviews we read before we got there. We went as a couple.
The ambience was nice. There weren't too many young teenagers running around which was my biggest fear... I didn't want to be around noisy teenie boppers during my vacation. But we had basically families, honeymooners and people of different age groups which was good. The food was enjoyable but lacked variety... it tasted good but it was practically the same thing every day. The beach was nice and kept clean. The workers were very courteous and friendly but the service of the front desk was very poor... we waited for 3 hours for them to come to our room and show us how to use the safe, we also had to wait another 2 hours just for someone to come and give us toilet paper.
Everyone was nice except for the front desk clerks. Our room seemed perfect at first. The best part was the good airconditioner. But don't leave any sweets lying around your room (put them in the fridge) because the ants will come and swarm the place. That was the worst part, we had ants everywhere. But that can be avoided, just bring bug spray or ant poison and don't leave any opened food lying around, not even soft drinks. Make sure everything is sealed. Other than that, we enjoyed the resort, everyone tried their best to make our vacation comfortable, and the pina coladas at Imperial las Perlas were the best we tried in Mexico. In summary, it was pretty good for an economic vacation.

The Mexican Experience

The hotel itself was very basic but very nice. You really feel that you are experiencing Mexico because it is far from the highly Americanized resorts in Cancun. That's what we wanted. We didn't want to stay at a hotel that would make us feel like we were still in California. The room was kept clean. The staff were very nice and very accomodating.
The concierge however was incompetent. They seemed snobby and did not care about the needs of the guests. Everyone else--the servers, housekeeping, activity guys and bartender were so friendly and made us feel at home. The beach is quiet which we liked, it wasn't full of people like next door at the Barcelo you could barely get a spot on the sand to sunbathe because it was so packed. Our resort was low-key which was excellent. Everything kept clean; food was ok-- breakfast was excellent but lunch and dinner was always the same and got boring after a while. Wear beach shoes because sometimes the sand area right near the Barcelo (next door) has hard objects that could hurt your feet.
This is only if you are going to walk on the beach towards the other resorts.

Good value

by TripAdvisor Member Loubyfish

We stayed there in July 2002 and found it clean, comfortable and friendly apart from a small dispute with the bar staff when they decided not to give 2for1 drinks despite the big sign saying it was 2for1 drinks all day everyday ("we forgot to take it down"). The facilities in the room were good and the small shop on site wasn't too expensive. Its right by a bus stop so easy to get to the town or along the island. The beach there isn't as white and idyllic as further along but its still pleasant and clean. Overall, it was good value and we would heartily recommend it.

****** resort, but the staff helped make it acceptable

I'll keep things short.Pros: - Nice, friendly staff - Cheap - Staff worked hard to keep the place clean - Great weatherCons: - No entertainment - The bar closes early, 11PM - No activities on the resort (snorkeling, etc.) - Dirty, rundown - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. They claimed to have snacks in between, but most days there wasn't. - Same food every night (but who cares, really) - It was hard to find WATER!

Disgusting

by TripAdvisor Member eastwood00

Worst vacation I ever had. A joke as a 3 star. 2 star at best. The room smelled to sewage. The best they would do after 3 hours of arguing is offer me a room directly above which smelt just as bad. Fridge didn't work. Room was very shabby and dirty. Tiny pool, small dirty beach.
Never enough tables at meal time. Shortage of towels. Long waits for a drink. Worst drinks I ever tasted.Gave up after 2 days and stayed at the Best Western in town. Much better. My advice, if you can't afford something better, save yourself the aggravation and stay home.

Hotels in Cancun

by stuartcarr2002

Hiya
We are going to Cancun in May 2008, we have been told about 3 cheaper hotels to stay, Dos Playas, Imperial Las Perlas and Hotetur Beach Paradise. Has anyone stayed at one of these and is there any other recomendations in Cancun to stay at. These 3 are offering all food beer and Local spirits :) We prefer something with that style of package
Also what is the weather like at that time of year???

Re: Hotels in Cancun

by brkilbourne

Try the Flamingo. Sounds right up your ally. After writing that I thought what a strange US saying ( bowling I guess). We'll be there for our 35 anniversary on and around June 1st. Go all inclusive with a suite, or chance a regular room which may or may not get you ocean view. Decent food & all you can drink great beach and in the middle of the strip. Check out my VT site

Re: Hotels in Cancun

by wharfrock

Hi there,

Certainly the hotels you listed are very reasonably priced. Like anything else though, you generally get what you pay for. I have only been to Cancun once and we stayed at the Bluebay Getaway. It was an okay place to stay with Adults only. Don't stay there if you like the beach. It is almost non-existant. I find if you select what you feel is a reasonable hotel, then go to Trip Advisor Reviews website, read the reviews and have a look at the pictures people have posted, you will get a feel for the hotel.

We were in Cancun in early May and the weather was beautiful. Two full weeks and it never rained once.

Hope this helps.