JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa

4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Blvd Kukulkan, Km 14.5, Lote 40-A, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

JW Marriott Cancun Resort and Spa
Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Luxury

This is a great resort facility. You'd never have to leave if you don't want to. They have a great breakfast buffet, afternoon tea, champaign flight in the afternoon, great pool, swim-up bar, and beach area. I have no complaints.

Directions: Next to Cancun Palace and a couple doors down from the Ritz Carlton. It's about 1/2 way down the peninsula. Far enough away from the "party zone" yet convenient enough to walk to various restaurants.

• grassyknoll's Profile Photo

5 star at the JW Mariott

Very, Very nice. Everything from the food to the service was 5 star. I loved the spa. I ate at the Ritz next door the first night and it didn't even compare to the JW Mariott. Upon making it into the Ritz, I realzied that I had made a good decision.

Unique Quality: Excellent pool***s*** . NIce view of the perfect ocean from the balcony. Very relaxing no room noise. The bathrooms wrere large and very nice.

• ajwalks's Profile Photo

High End Resort

We had a wonderful 4 night stay in late January 2004. The service was superb, and may be the best service I have ever had. No request went unfulfilled.

Unique Quality: The pool complex is outstanding and extensive. There are several bars surrounding the pools, including a pool bar that you swim up to. There is easy beach access as well.
    The fitness facility was excellent an provided a beautiful view during your workouts.
    I reccomend staying on the top floor, the 14th. The views were amazing from our balcony.

More about JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa

cancun

by griego26

i was in cancun 2 weeks before the place is amazing very tropic exotic
37 degrees and the sun very hot
i prefer playa de carmen more cancun cause its more calm with nice people nice bars a lot of things to buy cheap and of curse better beatches for sure u must go to tulum and enjoy the heart of caribbean the sun and the beatches there its a dream with the car from playa de carmen until tulum is 30 minutes or 40 u must take care with the policia are litle strange never drink and drive be carefull. of curse u must go to xcaret place u cann see stange animals really nice there litle expencive but for one day its ok the mexican people en genera are very kind and cancun is safe.......

Cancun hotel

by comprateur about Playa dorado hotel (3*)

I stayed 14 days in that hotel small but friendly straight on the sand beach without rocks who is not case of some big hotel in the center of the hotel area.
I appreciate the fact that every night the animation staff where taking us to a night club with free transport of course you have to pay for the night club entrance.
The bed were big enough for 4 people, the room very clean and nice.

Miramar Mission - Cancun...

by wdechent

Miramar Mission - Cancun Mexico It's not four walls with room. There is no wall around the front door; it is completely open. The corridor between the eating area and the residential area is completely open on one side.

***Here is the...

by mgard27

***Here is the kitchen/dining/living area in the front room of the condo. Pretty basic, but hey--we had a microwave and refrigerator! Very convenient, especially because restaurants are pretty expensive in Cancun.

Inexpensive hotels

by Fullmoonfever about Hotel Cheapos

The Cancun area does not have hotels that I would consider inexpensive. This is the number one vacation spot in Mexico and all the prices for hotels and other services reflect that status.

Paradise at the J.W. Marriott

by TripAdvisor Member melindda

We just spent 6 days at the J.W. Marriott and had a great vacation.
This was our second visit there and everything was wonderful. On our
last visit we had our two teenagers with us (17 & 14) and we were with
4 other families with the same age children. They made their own fun.
This hotel is not geared for kids unless they are young and are content
to play in the pools all day. My children did not want to return with
us this time as they would not have any of their friends with them.
That meant it was truly just a vacation for the two of us!
The hotel is beautiful and very clean. When we arrived we switched our room after paying for an upgrade from a view that overlooked the small pool and looked directly at the Casa Magna to overlooking the main pool and a beautiful beach view from the 10th floor. I would say that the upgrade was worth the price.

The rooms are very nicely appointed and spacious with very pretty
molding trim, the bathroom was also quite spacious. Housekeeping was a
little slow, twice I came up from the beach at around 3pm and the room
had not been made up. I made a quick call to guest services and the
room was made up immediately (my one and only complaint). We were on
the breakfast plan (a real money saver) as breakfast in the restaurant
could very easily run around $40 for two (ouch)! That was the cost for
the buffet breakfast. We had lunch everyday at the beachwalk cafe and
that was very enjoyable and would run around $30 which we felt was a
fair price. The food was very good and service throughout the entire
hotel was superb! They also have a coffee shop/gift shop that has
breakfast items and then sandwiches and salads at lunch time if you
would prefer not to pay the prices in the restaurants. We did sit on
the beach every day under the huts and the beach is just wonderful, I
don't know how that sand never gets hot! This place is just paradise!

Hotel KinMayab in Cancun

by graz-ie about Hotel KinMayab

I got to the busstation in Cancun and I was tired and had a lot of luggage and I saw the hotel on the other side of the street and I went there and ask if they have a free room and they had (standard) - even for a good price - better then in cozumel or isla mujeres (ok it didn´t stand next to the ocean though).
It was very clean, had TV, a safe within the room, pool, internet in the main hall.
For that one night I had to spend in Cancun it was good and I was happy I found that Hotel.

Marriott Casamagna Resort or JW Marriott

by CALSF

Hi, this is probably a silly question, but are there any huge differences between these related properties? I realize they are side by side and share the same beach. If they're pretty both excellent I'd opt for the cheaper property, the Casamagna. Thanks.

RE: Marriott Casamagna Resort or JW Marriott

by shutterlust

Hey!

I could be wrong..but I believe that Marriot resorts typically are made up of suites (bedroom, kitchen, living room, etc) and are more like apartments. Depending on the property, they could be lower ended or higher ended than the typical Marriot hotel.

The JW Marriot may be just hotel rooms, but if it's more expensive, then it's probably a luxury hotel room.

If they share the same beach, I don't see a problem with taking the resort.

Hope that helps!

RE: Marriott Casamagna Resort or JW Marriott

by Reynald

Hi. in my last trip to Cancun i stay at the Casamagna, indeed they share the same beach, the diference is JW is new and have a luxury rooms, and more garden place, pools .... the service from the staff is just great at both places.

Stay at Casamagna and you can save some money to spend in other places.

By the way just outside of the Casamagna is the best japanese restaurant.

by CALSF

Hi and thanks for replying about the Casamagna and also for the Japanese restaurant rec.. Yes, it looks like we'll be booking at the Casamagna instead of at the JW. If I can ask you another question, how was the beach at Casamagna? I read some comments on tripadvisor.com and former guests report a strong undertow. That's a bit daunting.

Thanks.

by Reynald

Is the same about the waves in that area... the área in front of Isla Mujeres have a calm water 'cause the island blocks the waves, that not happend in the rest of the beach (Marriot is in that área)facin directly to the Caribean... but belive me theres nothing to worry the current and waves is not strong, besides maybe you enjoy playing with the waves,

Enjoy your trip... and welcome to Mexico

by CALSF

Thanks again. Actually I was asking for my teenage son. I'm sure he'll be glad to know this.

Comments