Krystal Cancun

See Hotels with Lower Price

Tags

Beaches Historical Travel Spa and Resort
See Amenities

Krystal Cancun scams, fraud and bad service

by written on August 30, 2013

Bad Review: I was scammed at Krystal Resort Cancun by a fraudulent timeshare presentation during my stay. The scam is a bad one; it’s a dirty trick to get you to attend a 90 minute timeshare presentation. I spoke with the manager of Krystal Resort Cancun warning of blatant fraud and scams on their property and the terrible attitude of their staff and he was very dismissive and rude.

The rooms could have been a lot cleaner, the sheets, towels and almost everything was dirty. The staff were extremely unfriendly and it was a massive effort for them to even say hello before walking straight into your room.

I was laying by the pool at Krystal Resort Cancun, when a staff member approached me and invited me to a 90 minute timeshare presentation (timeshare scam presentation), they offered me a free swim-with-dolphins experience, but I don´t agree with animal captivity and cruelty so instead they offered me a free day diving in Cozumel to attend the timeshare presentation.
The timeshare scam presentation was not 90 minutes it was actually five hours long, I couldn't escape the financial interrogation and high pressured sales tactics. It is just a big scam, I can´t believe that fraud is so blatant in Krystal Resort Cancun. I didn't receive my free gift, so I wasted five hours of my life at Krystal Resort Cancun in a timeshare scam presentation. I was so angry that I complained, by complaints are not taken seriously in fact, complaining is a complete waste of time.

This is a warning about my experience and based on my experience at Krystal Resort Cancun, it is a scam a fraudulent trap waiting to catch unsuspecting tourists. The quality of service is terrible, the staff are rude, the managers don't care... I warn you to avoid Krystal Resort Cancun. You are better off somewhere else.

Unique Quality: The pool is great for staff to invite you to timeshare scam presentations, so avoid the pool area or trusting the staff.

2 stars at best

by written on June 9, 2013

stated2 words, 'never again' the list could go on forever but i will cover the main issues. Upon arrival our reservation was not in the system, i showed them my printed itinerary and they stated it was not official so they had to put a hold on my card till morning checked in on Sunday. I called my travel company funjet and they took care of it right away, other guests i had spoke to were not so lucky, one couple who booked through price line had to pay 800$ more, their reservation was booked as non inclusive but they had paid for all inclusive, priceline wouldn't do anything for them.. ..another couple had come on a 'deal' you listen to the spiel of a timeshare and stay for a week for 250.00 . Another couple went through groupon etc, no one i spoke to was impressed or would consider returning. It's an Ok hotel, the food on the buffet is Luke warm at best. Order room service instead. The rooms need maintenance, we had red ants everywhere and moldy calk in the sink, chipped up furniture, and moldy bed skirts. The staff is really nice and helpful, i have to give them that much. I was never chased by a time share person while here. I will say that people were mad that we had already booked all our activities before we got here though. The drinks are very watered down and the pools close at 7. I recommend you do the same. Cancundiscounts.com is great to work with. It's a tad noisy on Friday and sat night as coco bongo is 2 doors down and thumps all night. The rooms are not sound proof at all, the hallway echos like crazy!

Unique Quality: Staff is very friendly and helpful

Krystal Cancun scam the hotel is a scam

by written on April 24, 2013

Scammed by Krysta (scam-cun) Cancun what a bloody rip off!
Me and the other half stayed at (scam-cun) Krystal Cancun resort for one week last summer and we were scammed into a timeshare presentation were the whole thing was just to rip you off. You cant even relax by the pool at Krystal resort without some bloke trying to rip you off coming over asking you every two seconds to come to a timeshare presentation, where you will have a free breakfast by the beach. Finally we agreed jus to get rid of him and next thing you know we had to pay $30 dollars as deposit to secure our spot. So you arrive at this timeshare presentation its 4 hours long and theres no free breakfast by the beach and these guys are full trying everything trick in the book to get you to buy a overpriced rip off timeshare, the whole things a scam they want upwards of 2000 pounds for a timeshare that you can buy on Ebay for 100 pound. The whole thing is a bloody rip off, dont get scammed by Krystal Cancun and stay somewhere else

Unique Quality: Krystal Cancun is scam resort, we met another couple who were scammed by the timeshare presentation, they went ahead and bought and when they got home they found out they were scammed. Very disappointed that this kinda stuff is going on in big hotels

Krystal Resort Scammers

by written on April 11, 2012

Beware Beware Beware...Stay Far Away From This Place. This is one of the biggest hotel timeshare scams around. The whole hotel is centered around the timeshare scam. They will promise you everything and produce nothing but headaches. STAY AWAY. BUYER BEWARE

Unique Quality: Timeshare liersw and scammers

BIGGEST SCAM EVERRRRRRRRRRRR

by written on December 6, 2011

SCAM SCAM SCAM DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!!!!!!! THE HOTEL ISNT EVEN THAT GREAT, WHOLE APPERNCE OF THIS RESORT IS CRAPPY AND LOOKS UNTAKENCARE OF. ADDITIONALLY, THEY WILL SCAM YOU IN TIMESHARES, AND THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND NEVER CONTACT YOU AGAIN. SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FELLOW AMERICANS DONNNNTTTT STAYYYY HEREEEEEE FIND SOMEOTHER NICE RESORT LIKE VIVA WYNDHAM MAYA, I STAYED THERE MY SECOND TIME AND IT WAS AMAZING, BEST SERVICE EVER I PROMISE YOU KRYSTAL IS CRAP.

Unique Quality: IT IS CRAP

DO NOT STAY HERE I REPEAT DO NOT STAY HERE!

by written on June 2, 2011

I’m not sure where to start with this one, because this was really unbelievable. I have never experienced such bad customer service. I have been to Mexico before, to San Lucas, Cabo actually and had a wonderful experience so naturally, I was expecting the same outstanding customer service, and stay. We arrived to the hotel and checked in. It was supposed to be two guests staying in a DOUBLE CLUB room, not a couple. I booked DIRECTLY with the hotel. We arrived and they told us that we only have 1 bed in our room. We were furious about that. IRATE!! We didn’t get what we paid for! On top of that, we were expecting a “private check in,” which is suppose to come with the club rooms. There were other guests complaining about the situation too. Four guys with one king bed, Three Women with one king bed. It was just one big ghetto mess. Nobody got what they had booked!! I suggested to them that if you can’t give us what we booked, how can you accommodate us? They said nothing! They did not care about the hotel’s reputation! The guy Victor was extremely rude. He said go to another hotel! How rude of these people. What they do is illegal. You book something and you get something else. I can understand if we booked thru a third party and the reservation got messed up but we booked DIRECTLY WITH THEM! After disputing for 4 hours we had no choice but to take the so called “club room” with ONE bed. We were finally sent to the “private club room check in” and Patricia could not even assist us. She was another bold face liar. She told us that we could use the minibar in the room. Next thing you know when we check out, we have a BILL!!
We finally get to our room. I must say the view was amazing though. The elevators are super slow. Room Service, we probably called in 20 times and let it ring forever. They just don’t pick up! The pool was nice and clean at first but by night time, there’s cups and everything floating around. The food was blah, nothing spectacular. The drinks were watered down. This place is really like a Motel 6, I could not believe anything was “luxurious” about this place. The shower head had no pressure. They do not give you any wash cloths. The pool lobby by the elevator had garbage all around. There was no wifi, which was supposed to be included with the "all inclusive." They claim it was down. Really? for 5 days straight! On top of that we all got sick! Coughing, Sore Throat, Bloody Mucus, we went to the doctor and they said that it could be that the hotel AC vents were not clean. That’s how we got our viral infection. I relied on tripadvisior to book this hotel. At first, all the reviews were positive and we were looking forward to this trip. This hotel really makes me never want to go to Cancun if this is what I’m supposed to expect – the wrong room, germs everywhere and a viral infection. DO NOT STAY HERE! I repeat DO NOT STAY HERE! Even if its $1 a night. This is coming from a person who prides themselves at staying at luxurious places! The staff is rude and unfriendly, ungrateful. When we finally received our food from room service, of course we were going to tip the man; he already has his hands out! Like dude WAIT! Also, be careful at night, there are a bunch of trannies parading in front of the hotel. YES TRANNIES! On top of that, little kids harassing you to buy bracelets. Why would you want to go through that EVERY NIGHT!

Unique Quality: NOTHING! ONLY THING GREAT IS THE LOCATION

solopes's Profile Photo

Lively place

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 6, 2011

A friend of mine, tourist operator, booked us in this hotel, explaining that without showing the outstanding architecture of many other, had the best ratio price/quality, and the best location. He was right, and I may had a very good animation. We had no time to get bored in Kristal!

solopes's Profile Photo

Best Location

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 25, 2007

My travel agent was a good friend, dealing with me not as client but as... friend. That's why he insisted to send us to Krystal a simple hotel compared to the outstanding buildings in the coastal line, but, for him, the best.

It probably was, at the time, appearing in some guides rating 6 stars.

I know that it lost quality, and is now sold as 3 or 4 stars only. It's a pity, because it keeps the perfect location, and the safest sector of the beach.

Moustique's Profile Photo

NIce place for a good price

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 20, 2004

I met some great french canadian quys on my first day in cancun and they help me upgrade to a ocean view room for free. i definitely think if i had to pay for it, It would have been worth it. I loved waking up and going sleep to the sound of the ocean. nice hotel, nothing fancy but great.

Unique Quality: it has a wonderful pool! you can sit in the pool and it overlooks the ocean just right to where it looks like you are actually in the ocean. the staff is very friendly and restaurants are good also

PrincessK's Profile Photo

Best Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 14, 2004

The newly renovated Krystal Cancun is located in the heart of the Hotel Zone and has so much to offer for the active at heart. Centrally located, near shopping and dining. There is a vast array of land and water sports throughout the day. And in the evening enjoy fine dining and dancing at the disco. The atmosphere is youthful and energetic, reflective of the hotel clientele.

Unique Quality: The pools are awesome and huge and there are waterfalls surrounding them .

Right1 Feb 5, 2014 at 5:17 PM

I agree with all the negative comments. This place is a disaster. Everything that has been mentioned in these reviews are true, the food is horrible, the drinks watered down, mold smell, just to name a few. The worst is the timeshare presentation, I pray for that group of people up there, they are great liars, do not listen to them, just READ the contract, they are so desperate that they even try to promote that OLD Ray Stepien,former football player with the Dallas Cowboys, or whatever his name is (see how great he was, I can't even remember is name, LOL). They tell you that the deal that they are giving you are for that day only, my philosophy, is that if it's good that day, it should be better tomorrow. I am going to pray for them because it's necessary, if you can knowingly deceive people then you are going to wish that someone prayed, as these people must not know about "Karma".

condithenderson Aug 30, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Swimming with dolphins yeah pay $150 to stand in a pool with 20 other people with a captive dolphin then pay another $150 for the pictures. Really worth it! worth capturing wild animals from the wild and putting them in a swimming pool for the rest of their lives is really worth it. 9 out of 10 dolphins die during the capture and/or pool introduction phase. The only reason those dolphins perform tricks is because they are denied food until they do, they are starved into performing tourists who are too lazy to actually attempt to encounter dolphins in the wild. swimwithdolphinsplayadelcarm...

Nearby Krystal Cancun

Krystal Cancun

• Nh Krystal Cancun Hotel
  • Nh Krystal Hotel Cancun
  • Nh Hotels Cancun
  • Krystal Cancun Hotel Cancun

Address: Paseo Kukulcan, Km 9 lotes 9 y 9A, Quintana Roo, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

11 Photos of Krystal Cancun

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Cancún Travel Forum

Need advice about Cancún, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Cancún and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cancún hotel reviews