Laurel 41 Hostel

More about Cancún

Cancun Bus ChartersCancun Bus Charters

View of the Beach in PlayaView of the Beach in Playa

beer-thirtybeer-thirty

Snorkel in shallow waterSnorkel in shallow water

Gym in Cancun

by krigret

Does anyone knows any good gym in Cancun? I went to see Sport City but it is ridiculously expencive it seems more like a spa club...
Can you recommend some place if you know ?

by lmkluque

Sorry I don't know the specific answer to your question but I did have a thought that might help you.

Some hotels that have these facilities for their guests will rent them out to others not actually staying at the hotel. You might check into that option with some of the bigger hotels in Cancun.

by juliogg

Sport city in Tijuana , currently has offer of 499 pesos per month. That's like a (1) dollar a day. Find out if you are member in one city you can use in another .

by krigret

Thanx I will check it out in the Hotel where I work !

by krigret

Sport city here cost like 1400 for offpeak and 2700 peso full membership.... otherwise the gym is good but too pricy

Travel Tips for Cancún

Shaylee and Tyne

by gipper84

My friend David and I met Tyne and Shaylee at Club Andromeda which was the club on our resort. They were from Oklahoma, and were 2 of the nicest people at our resort. We hung out with them 3 nights and enjoyed alot of good dancing and drinking. As you can see by the photo I provided we had our fair share of drinks. It was really awesome to meet 2 really nice girls in Cancun with no strings attached considering David and I had girlfriends and Tyne and Shaylee had boyfriends. I guess you could call them our party friends. We also met them and went putt-putting on the resort, and hung out by the pool together.

Chichen Itza by far is a must....

by Canada2424

Chichen Itza by far is a must. If you enjoy learning a bit about the history of this land, the tour to Itza is for you. It all depends on the tour you get and your guide, so scope out some before you pick. The things I most miss are the times spent with my friends and the people I just met there. It's a great place for people of all ages to have a great time during a vacation.

Outside the fantasy

by Amareyui

I don't think anyone who has only been to a resort town like Cancun can claim to have been to Mexico. Besides the fact that Cancun is located in Mexico, and the majority of the work force is Mexican, the resort town has little to nothing in common with the rest of the country. It is very amazing what foreign interests and investments can do to a piece of land that isn't even in their respective national borders. Captialism at its highest order.

Climbing the temple

by Fullmoonfever

When we were at Chichen Itza, I took some great photos from the top of the KulKulkan Temple. Recently I was told by another VT member that went there last month (07-2006) that people are no longer allowed to climb the Temple. Apparently there had been some falling accidents.

Hand over heart

by keida84

The Mayan culture embraces a custom of placing their hand over their heart, giving either a nod of the head or a slight bow. This is their way of greeting, leaving or thanking someone. Interpreted it means "from my heart.) It is such a lovely gesture and one that should be incorporated into all societies.

Quote from the Mayan Tribal Elders, "We have only one Sun to shine upon us equally, one air that we breath and gives us life, one water that we drink and becomes blood in our veins and all live on Mother Earth. She feeds us, she holds us. Brothers and Sisters of all colors, together united in meditation to make conscience to the men in power, governors, politicians, business people: no more war, no more contaminating bombs, no more death. Together we can make a difference.”

Comments