ME Cancun

Boulevard Kukulkan, km. 12, (formerly Melia Turquesa Cancun), Cancun, 77500, Mexico

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• djack2011's Profile Photo

Best Hotel in Cancun

I have stayed at Me Cancun 11 times since 2007, this is my favorite hotel in the world. The staff is very professional. The only thing I do not like about this hotel is checking in. When you arrive in Cancun, all you want to do is grab a drink and hit the beach but the check in time takes about 20 minutes but it is worth the wait. ME Cancun has an amazing view and the decor of the beach and poolside is incredible. If you ever have any questions about Cancun, ask the bellmen at the door, they know the spots.

Directions: Hotel Zone

• Our Online Reservation was canceled

Several months ago my wife booked 2 rooms for the ME Hotel. It was an incredible deal, or so we thought. The price was $108 for 2 persons for an all inclusive. We were excited to stay here. My wife though decided to call and make sure the rooms were adjoining as per request. Well after the phone call my wife called me in tears to inform me that they had canceled the reservation. She had spent 4 hours on the telephone trying to reason with the management. Our flight is leaving in several days so we really are in quite a bind. The prices much higher now, with fewer options.
    Well the "ME" certainly was no bargain and to top things when we asked for proof that we had canceled our reservation they sent us a return email that said "cancel room" with no information on who the email originated from. Certainly not us, as we were planning on spending some our vacation there. Small suggestion, if you reserve a room here make sure you get everything in writing. We thought we were well prepared and they still screwed us. Tried to conatct the management today but they are unresponsive. I wonder if they overbook rooms like the airlines and sell the room to the highest bidder?

• JazminRodriguez's Profile Photo

Modern,sexy,and cool

once we arrived to me by melia the friendly staff asked to take our luggage but be declined since we feel more safe if we know we have our belongings with us when we travel. The front desk was very informative and super nice. They also gave us a complimentary drink of champagne WHILE we were checking in. The hotel is very modern and attractive. Our deluxe room had view of the lagoon,pool and ocean. The the room itself had a spa feel to it. very refreshing and full stocked with all hotel room necesities. The pool and early morning buffet have an amazing view and delicious gormet food. The hotel is just an $8 cab ride to the party district. The american express tour travel agent was very friendly nice and helpful. Didnt have time to make it to the spa, the gym was very modern,clean,and fully stocked with most workout "toys". The staff is always ready to help if anything you need by a dial of a button from your room phone "anything is possible" and yes everything IS possible at melia. On thursday nights the lobby is full of couples,travelers,and guest staying at the hotel. It is called social thursdays. A reality tv film crew was here filming during my stay so that was pretty cool too. I would definatly return because i rather a upscale hotel with hip cool people and an awesome friendly staff to assist in anything you need. Instead of those boring luxury hotels full of 70yr olds i felt like i was in miami here.=)However it is best to eat and drink outside the hotel for the food and liquer here is overpriced.

Unique Quality: The hotel is nice and romantic. I give it a 9 out of ten in atmosphere,quality,service, and food.

Directions: cancun

• anagrettel's Profile Photo

Great Hotel and Spa

Our stay there was not ordinary, we where there for a "business-family" stay. The Hotel is great, also the service, we even request a babbysitter for 2 nights and I really like the babysitter, a really nice girl and I inmediately feel I could trust in her (and that's not usual in me) and the most important my son love her!, the hotel has a nice Spa that we also enjoyed very much, it was a great experience.

Unique Quality: I like that they have 2 pool areas; The main pool is more family oriented and a really nice one, next there's also a pool for small kids. Then there was an adults pool area that was more private, big enought and relaxing with ocean view.
    The Spa have great facilities and service, I really like having a Spa in the Hotel.

It has a good location, steps away from "the Isla" Mall and Restaurants.

But the beach area in front of the hotel is too small.

• katalinarunning's Profile Photo

Very nice hotel in Cancun

This hotel was very nice. The staff were nice. We had a great view of the ocean here. The ocean was calm and very easy to swim. The hotel was stylish with tiled floors and bathrooms. The accomodations were very nice. There was a spa and beauty salon available. The pool was fabulous and the hotel provided thatch umbrellas to escape the sun when you have had enough.

Unique Quality: This hotel had a market inside to get fresh water, snacks, and other needs. You could exchange your money at the hotel. There is a bus stop directly in front of the hotel. The pool was huge and very nicely laid out. The hotel had a great view with a view of the bay where you could see all the way up to the point and beyond.

Directions: The hotel is within walking distance of the point where there is shopping and restaurants. It is a good walk though, especially when it's hot.

• dilorenzodepaul's Profile Photo

Very Nice Place

Amazing beach, decent service, nice rooms. Jetskiing, parasailing, boogyboarding all available for rent.

Unique Quality: Service not extraordinary. Pool was nice, beach was great, view was great, lobby was sweet with hanging vines.

Directions: Not too far from main bars and restaraunts.

• Visiting Cancun & Chichen Itza

My family and I just got back from a week's stay at the Melia Turquesa. I thought the facility was beautiful and the staff provided excellent service. Having kids, I loved the all inclusive package! There was always a wide variety of foods, always food available to eat, and plenty of beautiful sunshine and beach to enjoy! The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to use my cell phone there, and dialing direct from the hotel was very expensive (2 very short phone calls, less than 1 minute each cost $11). So the next time I go, I'm buying a prepaid phone card. We would definately stay at the Melia again...

Unique Quality: The most outstanding features of the hotel is the incredible view of the beach, the excellent service and friendliness of the staff, and swim up bar! It's a great hotel if you bring children, because they have a ton of activities for kids and adults to do. There is also a babysitting service which we used for a couple hours one day to watch four of our five kids while we went shopping. It was only $15 an hour which I thought was very reasonable.

• Melia Turquesa: A great bargain in Cancun

In Sept 2004, after much research on all-inclusive resorts in Cancun, I chose to stay at the Melia Turquesa.

After arriving in Cancun and actually looking at the Melia property in person in comparison to the other all-inclusives, I was happy with my choice.

Service: Overall the service was great. Check-in was fast; The staff was helpful with answering questions

Facilities: Rooms were clean & well kept; Outdoor grounds were also clean & well maintained.

The rooms were big & well kept. Free in-room safe;

Unique Quality: You have direct beach access from the hotel property. The beach is awesome.

Underneath a canopy/palapa, they have an outdoor massage facility facing the ocean. They charge about $35 USD/per hour for a massage.

The swim-up pool bar is great. Since it is an all-inclusive resort, you should not expect to have really great drinks. The only way to have a really good top-shelf drink is to specifically ask for it, and the bartenders will gladly make them for you.

While lounging at one of the many available chairs, the waiters are really good about coming around and bringing you bottled water or a cocktail.

• lolo1998's Profile Photo

Great Hotel

Everything is waiting you there, service is really professional, people are sympatic, the fodd is great, the swimmingpool may be too warm, the room and the hotel clean you have in you're romm a free bar and a safe who is free also. so go there and don't worry.
    Don't forget to take a look at the show at night they are really good!

Unique Quality: Go to my album to see the pics.

• jilldj's Profile Photo

Beautiful!!!

i found this all-inclusive hotel absolutely beautiful! it was so clean and spotless. the oceanfront upgrade is well worth your $. note: if you do get an oceanfront room, try to catch a sunrise if you can.

the food was pretty good for an all-inclusive. even if you're a picky eater, im sure theres always something for everyone. the indoor restaurant offers ala carte meals if you dont like the buffet. make dinner reservations at la palapa for at least two nights. its quite an experience and they do a nice job trying to make that oceanfront restaurant fancy and romantic - candlelight, live music, wine..the works. the food was pretty good too and they serve you as if you're really in an expensive restaurant. you can have dinner at 7pm or 9pm with a 15 minute wait time. if you dont have reservations and people dont show up, they will accomodate you.

theres always something to eat or drink. they also serve you drinks in the beach. tips are also encouraged but trust that they will still serve you well even if you dont.

the beach was the best thing abt this hotel. the sand was powdery white and soft...the water so clean. the temperature was just right all the time, even at night. the pool was impressive as well. it was very clean and they always seem to have games and activities going on. it also has a swim up bar.

all in all, it was such a pleasure vacationing in this hotel. i wasnt disappointed at all and didnt find anything worth complaining about. i would definitely consider staying at the melia again in the future.

Unique Quality: warm and friendly staff, amazing views, oceanfront rooms, swim up bar, all inclusive.

Directions: Hotel Zone

• vatorman's Profile Photo

Great Week

Great food,staff. Loved every minute in Cancun and MT was a great home base. MT is in the middle of everything. Across the street from Jimmy Buffett's.

Unique Quality: Pool was fantastic with swim up bar. Designate a person to go out early in the morning to get the best spots. Reserve with your towel. Make reservations for the restaraunt as soon as you can. Well worth the extra $$ for the ocean view rooms.

• happymom8285's Profile Photo

Great Place for the Money

We were very pleased with our accomodations at the Melia Turquesa. The staff were always pleasant and the place was very clean. Our room was on the 11th floor facing the lagoon, not the beach. That was fine. Our room was tastefully decorated and clean. Towels were plentiful. It wasn't very hot yet, so we didn't use the air conditioner much. The pool and beach area were gorgeous! I've never seen such crystal clear water. We ate at the "La Palapa" restaurant one night. A tip: As soon as you get to any all-inclusive, make your reservations for dinner for every night you'll be there. The food was adequate and there was plenty of it. But there wasn't a lot of variety. The omelet bar in the mornings is by far the best. They will make your eggs to order. Ask your server for bacon if you want it, as it's not on the buffet. We never had a problem getting drinks and they weren't watered down like some people think. They will always give you more alcohol if you ask. The entertainment was just that; entertaining. They had Flamenco dancers one night and another night was an international dance night with dances from all over the world spotlighted. These folks worked very hard to give a good performance and they succeeded. I would stay in the Melia Turquesa again.

Unique Quality: The pool was clean, and the landscaping around the area was fantastic. The view out to the ocean was incredible. Large, white, sandy beach and crystal clear turqouise water.

• anagrettel's Profile Photo

Melia Turquesa Hotel

For an Average Hotel is pretty good, we liked the service, security box was a good idea for passports and money, breakfast at the buffet was included and really good, (but too many customers), pool and beach was nice and clean, with Hammocks, perfect for a peaceful relaxing time.
    Service above average.

More about ME Cancun

View from Melia Turquesa balconyView from Melia Turquesa balcony

After Spring Break?

by jenniferne

A group of us are leaving for Cancun on April 17th of this year. We are staying at the Me hotel. Here's my question: Since this is after spring break will it be nice and quite or will there still be alot of tourist and travelers around at that time? Also has anyone stayed at the ME Hotel and if you have is it nice? I heard it is very expensive as far as the bars and restraunts in the hotel goes. Is this true?

Thanks for your reply:

Re: After Spring Break?

by Etoile2B

It is never really nice and quiet in Cancun. It's always a party city and just because your Spring Break is over doesn't mean that all of Spring Break is over. Every school is different so “Spring Break” can last the entire months of March and April in popular Spring Break destinations. And it is an expensive town, especially when it comes to clubs and restaurants. BUT there are other alternatives. If you want to party at the big clubs expect to pay a cover between $20 and $50 US depending on the club. But there are plenty of bars along the strip with little to no cover charges. And there are small local restaurants that are cheap so don’t be scared of the local food as some tourists are. It’s cheap and delicious. You can also take a bus into the city proper (outside the hotel zone) and find food stalls. There are also grocery stores in the hotel zone so you can pick up your own food. A WORD OF CAUTION: Check out the policy at you hotel but a lot of the hotels in the hotel zone do not allow outside food and drink to be brought into their facilities even if you’re staying there so if your hotel has this policy it’s a good idea to bring a big beach bag and cover your contraband with towels to sneak it into your room.

Here’s just one alternative to eating inexpensively in the Hotel Zone…

Re: After Spring Break?

by brewjohnson

I haven't been to the ME Cancun. But, the ME in Cabo san Lucas is very nice in a very trendy/hip sort of way. With that comes very high prices. In Cabo, after the ME rebranded itself and teamed with Nikki Beach, drink prices at the pull tripled. This caused a lot of the older places around to increase their drink prices as well. Its a fun and cool place to hang, but its definitely expensive.

Comments