Mexhotel Resort

Blvd Kukulcan Km 20.5, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

More about Mexhotel Resort

The rideThe ride

On the Jungle Tour with the guide - CancunOn the Jungle Tour with the guide - Cancun

More lovely fish, when you snorkel or scuba!More lovely fish, when you snorkel or scuba!

Share experiences with local guidesShare experiences with local guides

Villas Tacul Boutique Hotel

by Miesque

Has anyone stayed here?
And in particular is it easy to catch a bus to the hotel zone and/or downtown cancun?
I'm planning to go there for a few days in mid september - flying from Miami, won't have any transport. I just want a cheap-n-cheerful hotel, not all inclusive, don't need fancy services & facilities & this one seemed to fit the bill.
Thanks

RE: Villas Tacul Boutique Hotel

by joelaptop

If you're anywhere in the hotel zone(Zona Hotelera) and Km 5.5 is good, catching a rte. 1 or 2 bus is as easy as ABC. I think I waited about 5 to 10 minutes tops for a bus at anytime day or night. They both go downtown and back but the vary where they go downtown. I rode the route 1 bus a lot to Fat Tuesdays and Club La Boom of which your hotel is near. No worries!

Travel Tips for Cancún

General Information

by LuvCereza

General Information

Time Zone

Cancun is in central standard time zone or GMT -6 from the United States.

Room Voltz

Cancun is 110 volts/60 cycles. Some hotels that might be older or downtown may need an extension cord.

Prescription Drugs

If your bringing a lot of medicine with you keep your pills in the original containers and have a doctors priscription with you. Some people don't bother with it and that will be your call on that. What they are worried about is you setting up shop there and dodging paying taxes and of course bringing illegal drugs in. You can find some drugs that you would normally need a priscription for over the counter but you will have to ask for them. I'm not sure what you can get just ask and see if you can get it.

Illegal Drugs and Alcohol

Don't do illegal drugs, period! The legal age for drinking in Mexico is 18. And they have gotten strict on it now and are carding at the intrences to clubs now. You can bring back 1 liter of alcohol and as much duty free as you can carry from the airport. But you have to remember that what state are you arriving in. You have to know their laws as to how much you can bring back. And you must be 21 to bring any alcohol back, regardless.

Glasses and Contacts

If you are wearing contacts take them out BEFORE you go into the water because it is salt water and it will burn your eyes so bad and you won't be able to see the whole time your down there. If your going into the water leave your glasses in the room same for sunglasses don't wear them going into the ocean/gulf. The waves come in strong and will knock you down sometimes and you will lose your glasses. I don't advise wearing your expensive glasses on the beach either because they have a bad habit of growing legs and walking away. Same for your wallet, purse, bags, and watches. Beware! I miss my friends who live there.

I went to Cancun over Spring...

by melissamn1

I went to Cancun over Spring Break in 1996 and had a great time. While looking for Beach pictures the other day I could not find any but, one. I guess the whole time we partied pretty much. I guess what else are we suppose to do if everyone else is. All I know is that I would not beable to do the same thing these days. Now a days all I want is complete relaxation on my trips. I think the best thing in Cancun at the age I went was the clubs! They were awsome! All we would do is lay in the sun during the day and go clubbing at night. I can say when the trip was over I was pretty glad it was. I was very tired that I slept for 2 days straight.

Internet Access

by ATXtraveler

Well, since I am addressing VT loyal followers, what city tip would be complete without mentioning that Cancun is very internet access friendly. Sarah and I were able to go to one of the nicest internet cafes I have seen, on Kukulan Blvd in the hotel district. It was in a mini shopping mall, near Carlos N Charlies, but I could not find which center it was called. It is on the 2nd floor, above Haagen Dazs. This was reasonably priced, I think we paid 4 dollars for 30 minutes access. Kukulan Blvd in the Hotel District

The Meaning of MACARENA
The...

by Lys-Noir

The Meaning of MACARENA
The basic meaning of Macarena is *Let's enjoy dancing*. The content of the lyrics is also *Give your body pleasure, Macarena*.

At the same time, Macarena is the name of a vain girl whom the duet singers have loved.
However, the origin of the name is a little far from the meanings shown above. Macarena is the Saint Virgin Macarena, who protects the Spanish Bull-fighters against the dead and the evil.

In Seville, the home town of Los del Rio, there is a street named Macarena.
In the streets and the churches, there are lots of pictures and status of Macarena with the bundles of flower and lightened candles to pray their wishes.

Friendly Hotel Workers: "Tomorrow Is My Day Off"

by Kaspian

If you get exceptional service from a hotel bartender, waiter, waitress, or maid they might say to you "tomorrow is my day off." Because they're not allowed to ask you outright for tips, this is usually a big hint from them that if you plan on tipping, today would be a good time to do it. They can say the phrase so casually that you may wrongly assume they just want to have a conversation about what they're going to do with their spare time. Most of the people in Mexico work 6 days a week and don't get paid very much, so they can definitely use the spending money on that one free day.
I don't tip on a daily basis but instead give the workers who treated me well $10 or $20 before their day off. It saves carrying around $1 bills in my swimsuit all the time.
Similarly, there may be a card in your room that says something like, "Hello, I am your maid. My name is 'Maria' and my day off is 'Tuesday'". This has the same meaning, leave a tip on the day before her day off.
To indicate your intention to give a staff member something on a future date just ask, "What's your day off?" They will tell you, automatically understanding the arrangement, and will treat you very well.
Bonus Tip: Most of the hotel workers in Cancun aren't "locals", they come from other Mexican provinces and many come from other countries.

Comments