Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

See Amenities
wolfsafety's Profile Photo

Moon Palace is a Great Place

by written on July 31, 2014

I notice on websites such as Trip Advisor,, Expedia, etc... and for those that complain, don't go again to this resort as it is one of, if not the finest in Cancun. The food is great, the alcohol is top shelf, you have entertainment and the hard working staff are wonderful.... for those that think they are too good, try working for over 12 hours a day, and to maintain that smile and to say hello to each of us paying customers.... most of us cannot do it!!!!

The resort has a lot to offer whether you go as a family or as a couple. There are three resorts within the Moon Palace (Sunrise, Nizuc and Grand) and there is fun for everyone to have. If you are into golf, swimming with the dolphins, spa treatments, working out or just relaxing, this is the resort for you. If you are looking for the partying atmosphere... suggest you book a much lower valued place on the strip.

With the many bars and restaurants, you cannot eat at all of these if you take an 8 day/7 night visit unless you just like to eat, lol.... I will admit that the beach area is not as pretty as it is on the strip but you can still lay out on the beach or at the pools that are available. It is all about making your own fun and by paying top dollar which you will, you make the best of what is available to you. I am a VIP member and have been for some time now and I try to visit twice a year with either family or friends and I can honestly say we have never had a bad experience. From the staff in the restaurants, bars, cleaners , host/hostess, they will treat you right if you treat them as humans and not a bunch of slaves. Each time we come to the resort, we take 100/150 US one dollar bills and will tip these workers. To see the smile on their faces is wonderful and it makes their day and believe me, they will look after you each time they see you again and you make their day which life is too short so a few dollars out of anyone's pocket can go a long way!!!!!! As well, you have free internet service anywhere on the resort, 24 hour room service, security, free telephone calls to Canada and the United States....

I also will admit that the Palace Resort salesmen/women will do everything they can to try and sell you a package.... don't feel pressured and if you decide you want to become a member, it is amazing how low you can go from that initial shock of them offering you some package for thousands of dollars... some buy into it right away and then the smart ones barter with them.. most times, they will give in as they have a quota to meet....

Overall, I can honestly say that once you have a fun time, you will come back again and again. With all the different places I can go to under the Palace resorts, we continue to come back to the Moon Palace.... of course, you will always have people that will complain and to those kind, stay at home or go to a Motel 6 and eat at Burger King... you had booked the trip by looking at various resorts and don't get angry at those that work there, blame yourself if you are not having a good time!

I can say that as a member, you have additional perks than those that will go online and book... but at the end of the day, no matter what resort you choose, try to enjoy yourself, you paid for it and it is all about relaxing, getting away from the workplace and enjoyment... and reward those that will look after you while on your trip, Hola!!!!!!!

Best All-Inclusive Resort

by written on January 16, 2012

From the moment we stepped out of the taxi we welcomed with cold towels and I was given a beautiful white flower....They took our luggage and refused to let us do any of the hard work....They were so sweet from the beginning, we enter into the lobby and at the front desk they were so happy to work with us and had an amazing promotion...Since we were staying for 6 days they gave us 1500 points which me and my boyfriend used only half for an upgrade in rooms...We were originally staying in the standard room and upgraded to a concierge level honeymoon suite with an oceanfront view and a balcony....We were then welcomed with sparkling wine....We got there around 12:00 and normal check in time was around 3:00 in the afternoon and the room was ready by 12:00, so they took our luggage and walked us to our room and gave us a little tour while we walked to our room and was very nice and talkative....The service was spectacular from the beginning to end of our stay, we were greeted with hello's and smiles, and all the help we needed...I certainly recommend staying at this beautiful luxurious friendly hotel...Me and my boyfriend want to return year after year to this beautiful, wonderful resort...We are actually seriously considering a wedding at this resort next year because of how amazing our experience was :)

theporters4's Profile Photo

Super destination for family fun!

by written on July 30, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Sun Palace (couples only) in 2008, and had a great experience. So when deciding where to take our 2 teenage children on vacation in 2009, the choice was simple..Moon Palace!
The staff at the Palace resorts were always friendly and courteous. They went out of thier way to make sure that we were taken care of...not just us parents but ALL OF US! I heard a comment from another person whose family was staying there, he said "...its amazing how EVERYBODY has a smile on thier face...all the time! They must really enjoy what they do!" I couldn't agree more.
There are at least 12 different restraunts in this resort, serving any kind of cuisine you could imagine. We were never disappointed and never went away hungry (even our rather finicky 16 yr old daughter). And just so you don't think that I work for the Palace resorts and am trying to sugar coat everything....we were NOT AT ALL impressed by the quailty of the room service food...YUK! It always arrived cold and did not have near the flavor, it seemed, as the same dishes served in the restraunts. So, we just didnt order in.
Activities were many! From organized pool activities such as water aerobics and volleyball, to beach volleyball, soccer to Salsa dance lessons each night. Two large amphitheathers provided nightly live entertainment such as a Michael Jackson tribute show, a Latin dance show and karaoke a couple of times a week, that allowed anyone to get up on stage in front of literally 100's of people and perform thier favorite songs.
With the 25th Ann. promotion we were able to take advantage of many free excursions including trips to the Mayan Ruins at Chichen-Itza and Tulum as well as a day trip for snorkeling and scubadiving, sightseeing and SHOPPING at Isla Mujeres.
I heard, although I didn't get to golf this trip, that the course at Moon Palace in sensational. I do know, however, from my wife and daughter that the spa at Moon Palace is wonderful!!
I absolutely LOVE the Palace Resorts and would not pay to stay anywhere else!

Unique Quality: Great surroundings...HUGE beach...not the cleanest beach in Cancun, but by far the largest!

Large pools...with an area just for the little tikes, complete with all sorts of 'aqua fun' things to play with.

Great entertainment for all ages. Our teens loved the TEEN ONLY Disco dancing from 8-10pm everynight. We enjoyed the nightly live entertainment in the lobby bar area (at the Sunrise).

Terrific food and plenty of it! Terrific drinks and PLENTY of that too!!!

Rooms are adequate size for a family of 4. Although we didnt use the 2 person hot tub nearly as much as we did at the Sun Palace (no kids) the year before!! ;-)

Service staff was always ready with a friendly Hola! or to assist you with whatever you needed!

Directions: South of the ever popular Cancun Hotel Zone and just 15 short minutes from the Airport.

Can't Afford Moon Palace? Here's a Tip

by written on August 5, 2008

Moon Palace is a great place to stay, but expensive because it is a five star all-inclusive resort where you get all of your food and drinks (alcoholic) free as part of the program. We managed to get corralled at the airport. A very nice salesman set us up to go to a Moon Palance pitch for their vacation club. They promised us all kinds of things to get us to go, including free golf (usually $260 a round) at Moon Palace (including transportation from the hotel that we were staying out - about $34 worth),swimming with the dolphins, free trips to Tulum and Coba. They ask for $100 to make sure you come. We took the plunge and they paid us back and gave us everything they promised including two rounds of golf (club rentals included), a day pass to the resort, numerous tours that would have cost us a fortune to purchase and spa treatments. They made good on their word even though we turned down the presenation (almost bought- it was that good.) So if you can stand to spend two hours of your day getting a sales pitch in order to make back $100's of dollars in benefits, then do it!

But the big tip is that you can pay $81 a day to be a day member at the resort. This gets you access to all the beneifts of the resort including non-stop drinks, accsss to pools, all the food you can eat and numerous other activities. So, if you'd like to try on the all inclusive package without committing a lot of money to the idea, then try being a day pass member.

To top it off...the internet it free in the buildings.

Unique Quality: Beautiful 27 hole golf course, lovely service and all the drinks you can siphon down!

Directions: At the very south part of Cancun.

An amazing place to stay

by written on June 24, 2008

My wife and I spent 3 nights and 4 days at the Moon Palace reposrt and we were very pleased. This resort is isolated from the touristy area of Cancun, so the setting is more peaceful and relaxed. We took advantage of the all-incusive vacation and enjoyed many types of food from the various restaurants on site.

Unique Quality: The pool is huge and you can swim up to the bar and get a drink or the wait staff will take your order and bring it right to your lounge chair. The room was very well outfitted, with an elevated hot tub, a balcony with a hammock, a refrigerator stocked with beverages and a pull out bar with liquor for mixing your own drink. The staff went out of their way to do anything and everything for you. They have all sorts of activities on site, and also offer a free shuttle bus into the tourist zone. We would reccomend this resort to anyone. Your stay here also entitles you to visit the Beach Palace resort if you prefer a little bit nicer beach.

Take a bus ride to the Mayan ruins at Chichiniza (?spelling?) We also booked an ATV beach excursion with an 3rd party company while we were there and enjoyed that as well.

Moon Palace Sunrise Cancun

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 30, 2008

The resort in itself is very nice. Spa-like atmosphere. It does show some signs of wear and tear - the caulking around the shower has been poorly patched. If you are not a current "member" with Palace Premiere, they offer you a "platica" which is a sales pitch which can last for 5 hours (if you let it). They do offer perks for listening to their sales pitch - offered us $100.00 Palace Dollars which you can use to buy anything in their gift shop, optional tours, golf, etc. However, they are not very nice if you turn them down and don't buy into their "purchased weeks". Not a time-share, just purchasing a block of weeks at a phenomenal price in the thousands just to keep your future stay with them at a discount. You could probably find better deals online.

Unique Quality: The pools and the staff are great - they never let your drink go dry - always happy to get you more to drink. The food for the most part is good - by the end of your stay with them, you are tired of the same food - all the time. My suggestion would be not to try everything offered at the buffet - try everything but on different days, that way you won't get bored of the same food. The outside grilling is especially nice while you watch the nightly show - a different show everynight.

falcz420's Profile Photo

Mexico's best.

by written on February 22, 2008

A must stay. some of the best service I had ever received.

Unique Quality: Crazy Pool, if you have google earth, check it out. It's like a mile long!!

diver-x's Profile Photo

The Cancun Experience

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 1, 2007

My stay at Moon Palace was pretty short. Only 2 nights. But what experience I got was excellent. On arrival we got our complimentary welcome rum punch while waiting in line to check in (we were a very large group) and at most places the welcome drink is pretty lame. But not here. One drink and we were pretty loopy already and primed for the pool bar which is where we ended up almost immediately after check in. Also in the lobby there was always food. Fruit, cheese, crackers, veggies and dip - all of it good. I found the service to be fine. We never needed anything. The fridge was always stocked and room cleaned as expected. The service at the restaurants wasn't memorable, whic is actually a good thing because I'm more apt to remember bad service.

Unique Quality: The room was outstanding. Polished stone floors throughout and the bathroom was sandstone and marble. The room had a large jacuzzi and a FREE minibar with full-size bottles of hard liquor and liqueurs. Mom took a couple of shots of scotch at bedtime and I had some tequila shots. It's fun doing shots with Mom! The pool was also outstanding - probably the largest pool I've ever seen. The kind that winds around the grounds with foot-bridges crossing at several points. There was an area for volleyball and there were alcoves with smaller, intimate jacuzzi-like tubs. Of course there was a swim-up pool bar and also a couple of other bars nearby that you had to actually get out of the pool for. ;>)

The one thing I found lacking, though I didn't really notice until months later when I stayed at another all-inclusive in Playa del Carmen: The grounds really are very plain with minimal landscaping. In some places it seems downright barren - not a lush garden of Eden. The resort is known for its golf links and I don't golf, but people in our group played and they really loved it.

In all, I had a great time at Moon Palace, but I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it! I understand that the normal price is $300+ per person! But it seemed like a first class operation so I guess if you're in the market for something of that price range, I can recommend it.

cmcarney's Profile Photo

All inclusive at its best

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 17, 2006

The rooms were great with a nice ocean view and jucuzzi tub (standard in almost all the rooms). Breakfast and lunch were buffets and pretty standard, but dinner was an event. The food and service was great. Plus there were enough restuarants (12?) on site that reservations were not needed even at the nicer places.
The hotel is very far from the Cancun strip which is nice because it is not crowded or loud, but if you want to do some shopping or see a nicer beach you would need to take a bus (free) into the main hotel zone that leaves one time in the morning or a taxi.
Do ask to not stay in the Sombrerro section as it is furthest from the lobby and closest to the piles of seaweed at the end of the beach.

donnatx's Profile Photo

by written on June 10, 2006

We had the best time of our lives. Everything was so nice and clean.

We did have one problem, but it wasn't the hotels fault. The people above us thought it to be funny and left the water on in their tub...of course it overflowed and dripped down into our room around 2am. We called the front desk, they came to our room right away and upgraded us.

Unique Quality: The whole place was nice!!! The Palace Resorts have quite a few resorts to pick from. If you want something off the beaten path, stay here. Our reservations was for the Sun Palace...they were over booked and moved us to the Moon Palace. They paid for the taxi.

The views were beautiful. They have, like most resorts now a swim up bar. We plan to go back.

Pat&ZoAnn's Profile Photo

Accidental Tourists

by written on April 12, 2006

We wouldn't normally be able to afford a place like this. At the end of our spring 06 trip, we showed up at the airport for check-in, only to be told our plane had "gone mechanical". Sunquest Vacation put us all up at this hotel, with full benefits, for about 12 hours, until the flight crew could be arranged. Just as an interesting sidebar, our younger son came here for a convention about three years before.

Unique Quality: WOW! Great pool, jacuzzi in the room, huge property. Whiling away the time until our departure by the pool, we couldn't help but notice the "prospects" on the sales tour every few minutes. I am rating this hotel as a "Great Experience" because it was free.

Directions: Just south of the hotel zone

Fullmoonfever's Profile Photo

Great Resort

by written on December 3, 2005

It's a great place!!!!!!!!!! Very nice and I would recommend it but there are some facts I want to point out. It's about 15/20 miles south of Cancun and is isolated somewhat. So unlike staying in Cancun, you can not just walk to eating places, stores, and bars. You must take a taxi or the resort bus, which will drop you off at the Beach Palace in Cancun. The bus trip doesn't cost anything, its a free servive offered by the Palace Resorts so it's not hard to get into town, but wanted to mention that.

Unique Quality: The moon Palace is really 2 resorts owned by the same company and they are right next to each other, which gives you more choises for events, swimming pools..etc.

The pools are Great!!!!!!! We never felt like they were crowded and the whole property is well maintained.

5+ Star All-Inclusive

by written on August 21, 2005

This place is a dream for people of all ages. The resort alone contains over 2000 rooms, 10 restaurants (great food), golf course, outdoor pools galore, swim up bars, disco club, and a wonderful staff that cater to your every need.

Unique Quality: Almost every room at this location has an ocean view. Our room was on the 3rd floor, along the beach and the sunsets in the morning were one of the most breathtaking sights I've ever seen. If you choose not to venture outside to take in some sights/tours, you will not be bored by just hanging out at the resort.

Directions: Just south of Cancun off of main highway. Southeast of airport.

gipper84's Profile Photo

Cancun's Nicest Resort

by written on June 19, 2005

The Moon Palace in Cancun was the nicest resort I have ever stayed. I completely fell in love with the resort from the moment I saw it. The drive up into the resort is beautiful. When you pull up into the oval entrance you feel like you are some Hollywood star being greeted by excellent service. They opened our doors for us. They carried our luggage to the room without us even having to lift a single finger. The lobby of the resort was beautiful with an enormous walk up bar, and shops and restaurants all around. As we were checking in, we even got drinks from a mini bar next to the check in desk. The room was really nice. We had a jacuzzi in the main part of the room, with our own mini bar. We had two standard beds, a walk in shower, and a nice sized patio with a view of the ocean outside. There were 7 or so restaurants on the resort, and I will describe those in great detail on my other pages. The service was 6 star. Yes I know that doesn't exist, but if it did, that is how nice the service was. Everyone was real kind and waited on us hand and foot. The pool is supposed to be the largest pool in Cancun, with about 8 different sections that all connect. There is a second pool on the other end of the resort as well. In the pool there are swim up bars in which you can relax in the water while enjoying a good ole mexican "ticket to fly" also known as a Listo para bular. It is a mango flavored alcoholic drink with vodka. Besides the pools, there was a Jack Nicholas designed golf course that was just to die for. I enjoyed 18 good holes and had lots to drink as I just wacked away endlessly hoping the ball would move just a few inches. I could go on and on about the resort but I will let you read the rest of my tips

acowboya's Profile Photo

is it the best?????

by written on January 29, 2005

the whole 2 weeks was perfect not one bad word to say ,out,and around are beautiful
the wedding we had there was done flawless
nothing was too much...
we wanted to go back this year(05)
but what happend to the prices!!!
affordable then..but not now especially when you have a family..

Nearby Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

• Moon Palace Cancun Mexico
  • Cancun Moon Palace Resort
  • Moon Palace Mexico
  • Moon Palace Hotel

Address: Carretera Cancun-Chetumal Km 340, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

29 Photos of Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Cancún Travel Forum

Need advice about Cancún, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Cancún and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cancún hotel reviews