Oasis America

Avenida Tulum y Calle Brisa Sm 4, (frmr Calinda America) Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico
Oasis Smart
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 54% less but rated 45% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Oasis America

Terrible Food! Bad Service!

by kimod74 about Sarape' Restaurant @ Oasis Cancun

The Sarape Restaurant is located by the Grand Oasis hotel building (which is the building in the middle of Garden Oasis Hotel and the Oasis Beach Hotel, all of these hotels are part of the one Hotel-The Oasis Cancun). Anyways, the restaurant was by "reservation only" and was considered the nicer restaurant located on hotel grounds. My mom and I decided we would make reservations to eat at this hotel. Mistake!
The service was really terrible! They seated us quickly and then we sat there and no waiter or waitress came around for quite awhile. Finally someone came around and took our drink orders. We were told we couldn't smoke, but others were smoking so I smoked anyways. My mom ordered a filet mignon and it was terrible, leathery, hard to cut through and barely edible. The whole experience was kind of crappy. Luckily, it was included with the price of our hotel package so we didn't feel to outraged when we left, we were just a little hungry!! NONE!

Fantastic atmosphere

by ShawnBuchan about Dos Lunas - Oasis Cancun

Fabulous waiter named Pablo.

Great atmosphere with the band

Well laid out and quiet. Beef Medallions - the nicest tenderest steak I have eated.

Dolpin kissDolpin kiss

On the way to Chichen Itza, Cancun, MexicoOn the way to Chichen Itza, Cancun, Mexico

Family at TulumFamily at Tulum

Cancun beach at night, in the hazeCancun beach at night, in the haze

Any information on The Oasis Cancun

by angel3ca

Myself and a group of 10 are leaving in a few weeks for the Oasis Cancun, and I wanted to hear any feedback from anyone who may have stayed there. I've been reading some reviews and some appear quite bad....is it really that terrible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Cathy

Re: Any information on The Oasis Cancun

by cachaseiro

i stayed there once and the place is of a very high quality.very helpful staff and good restaurants.

Re: Any information on The Oasis Cancun

by brkilbourne

I agree with cachaseiro. Its fine. I think most people who complain on review sites complain about anything. One guy hated that the Oasis had no AC in the lobby. You don't need it with a breeze coming of that perfect blue sea . Food is more on the Mexican side rather than US, but still fairly descent. Order room service for breakfast !!! It's cheaper than the restaurant buffet by 3/4. Do not use the phone for long distance. $16.00 per minute.
Check out my VT pages. at http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/16c43/ea4af/
BK

The Oasis Cancun in June 2005

by SCali

Hi,
My wife and I and another couple are going to Oasis Cancun on the third week of June 2005. We are in our late 20s. We have never stayed in Cancun before. I know that Oasis is pretty wild during March for spring break, but I was wondering does it calm down a little during June or is it going to be a crazy party the whole time? I was also wondering if there's things to do at the Oasis at night like a sports bar or something where we could kick back and have some drinks and play some pool or something. Thanks

RE: The Oasis Cancun in June 2005

by TXWILD

Hey there, we will be at the Grand Oasis, which is the big hotel in the middle of the Oasis Cancun from June 17th - July 1st. I am 28 and she is 22. I have been to Cancun a few times before, but this is her first trip also. There are several clubs/bars inside the hotel that you can relax at and on Thursday nights, they usually have a "Foam party" in one of the clubs, which draws a lot of people. Well hope to see yall there.

The Oasis Cancun Hotel in Cancun

by kimod74

My mother, myself and my sister will be traveling to Cancun in June as a graduation (from high school, spoiled brat) present for my little sister. I have been several times to Mexico, they have not, but this time I am staying at the Oasis Cancun, never stayed at this hotel before. It seems to get okay reviews, any tips or comments from anyone on this resort?
What is the weather like in June in Cancun? I've only ever traveled in the winter/fall months, we will be there the 3rd week in June.

We booked the all inclusive package to the Oasis Cancun and I heard it only covers specific restaurants and bars for the resort, does anyone know which restaurants and bars?

Any tips would be helpful, thanks.

Kim in Colorado

Re: The Oasis Cancun Hotel in Cancun

by brkilbourne

I would begin with defimetly hotter in june but theres almost always a breeze neer the oceon and usually not above 95 f. Bring a hat, thats a deffinite. To play it safe drink only bottled water - avoid ice. The Oasis is nice, clean with marble floors, good service and adequate food. Great pool, great beach. Unusual where the peacocks on the grounds. They roost at night so there sometimes cat like screach call won't bother you and they are so beautiful. The lower rest. has everything you could want for breakfast. Check out my cancun site and travelogue at http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/16c43/ea4af/

Have fun and feel free to ask me any further questions. Weve been there three times and will be going back soon.
From Savannah GA

Re: The Oasis Cancun Hotel in Cancun

by markgrecs

Hi. I have stayed at the Oasis on three different occasions. They are so big that they tend to forget you exist when you have all inclusive. As far as the temperature it is Mexico the Temp only fluctuates by a few degrees on any given month.

All I can say is if you tip well the waiter will b eyour best friend if not I hope you have some time to kill before you get some service.

Travel Tips for Cancún

A few nice buildings...

by Laura_Mexico

This is, according to me, a building that houses a few shops and a restaurant that will open till 2005 (called "ty-coz" or something like that)... I really liked it because it has a touch of typically Mexican colonial architecture, which isn't very common in Cancun!! I know it sounds ridiculous but the big and magnificent hotels you can find here usually have every kind of style except for Mexican. So I was glad to find a building that does look like Mexican, and which reminds you that you're in MEXICO!!!!

Spa at the Moon Palace

by gipper84

One of my most unforgetful memories about Cancun was my 2 hours spent at the spa in the Moon Palace. With our all inclusive package David and I got a back massage, and a free pedicure. The back massage was priceless. Edith, the massuse, was fabulous. She started off by gentling rubbing my back and massaging tense points around my shoulders and upper back. Then she used her forearm to massage harder and deeper into my lower back which felt so good. She massaged my arms, my hands, my legs, and my feet (which by far was the best part of the massage). The foot massage was like 10 minutes in heaven because I had never had someone rub my feet like that and it feel so good, yet not tickle. After the massage I was so loose I felt almost like a bowl of jello. Every part of my body felt so relaxed and so at ease. Next I got my free pedicure, which if you haven't gotten one I recommend (yes even guys, trust me on this one) The pedicure was amazing. I enjoyed every second of having my feet soaking in a warming bath, and rubbed with moisturising lotions and oils. In the end she asked me if I wanted any polish on my toes and I looked at her and laughed. I thought she was joking but she was being serious. I came back with a quick no thank you and told her that I was fine. I think she thought I was being rude, so I quickly explained to her that everything was great, and that I just didn't want any polish. She seemed to understand and then off I went. This is a must do, both activities, if you get the oppurtunity. One last neat thing, is that you can request on of the back massages on the actual beach, and they will do it out there

Visa

by gemmanatasha

Remember on leaving Cancun you have to pay $32.00 appx to leave the country.

A ot of people in our hotel didn't realise this and they didn't budget they had to change more money at the airport

Comments