Oasis Cancun Mexico

Boulevard Kukulkan, Km 16.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, Quintana Roo, 77500, Mexico

Booking.com Orbitz.com HotelTravel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Manager Threatened: Do you ever want to see your f

I will always associate the Oasis Hotels & Resorts with the threat “Do you ever want to see your families again?”

Imagine going on vacation and returning to your room after a day at the pool to find a small crack in your door had grown to the point your door is now in splinters. Now imagine requesting a new room due to the broken door, being told that it was your fault it broke, that you owe $623 USD cash on the spot or you will go to jail, and the manager’s response [manager for Oasis Cancun] to any rebuttal being “you are lying to me”. Now imagine another manager [also a manager for Oasis Cancun], accompanied by police officers, asking your party the questions “Do you have families? Do you ever want to see them again?” even after paying the $623 USD in cash, leaving your party with barely enough cash left to pay for a taxi to the airport. This happened to us. For the rest of our stay, the resort assigned security guards to follow us around and even forced us to sign a contract stating we would not disturb any other guests. This instilled the fear for the duration of our stay that if we were simply eating dinner and accidentally bumped into someone, who might subsequently drop a drink, we would be arrested on the spot. This incident essentially turned the resort into an ocean-front prison for the remaining duration our stay, causing us to count down the hours until our departure from our room.

In addition to this horrific experience, the entire resort was falling apart, the pool was disgustingly dirty, and even the local bus drivers were more polite than the employees.

I strongly recommend you avoid Oasis Hotels & Resorts like your life depends on it-because it does.

• Chrystalain's Profile Photo

Our stay in Puerto Aventuras

We stayed in Oasis Hotel in Puerto Aventuras. It was very nice with a nice beach and several pools. For more information, go see my travelogue...

Unique Quality: Outdoor pools with bar, beach and chairs, watersport, garden, tennis, disco.

Meals (buffet) and local drinks included. Restaurant à la carte available (very good!).

In the rooms: satellite TV, phone, microwave, fridge, kitchen.

More about Oasis Cancun Mexico

We've stayed at Oasis Cancun...

by Reneej

We've stayed at Oasis Cancun and Piramides. Their both wonderfull places to stay!
We went for a week. Prices change all the time. Oasis Cancun has several packages to choose from and sccomadations. The Piramides is basically the same room type all over except for bedrooms.

Oasis Cancun

I can sum up this Hotel with One word "GETTO".
There are many Choices to choose from in Cancun, don't waste your time, money or vacation on this one. My wife and I went with four other couples and out of all of us one A/C worked properly. Two rooms had no TV. I spoke to several guests that had been cleaned out by housekeeping. Most Oasis employee's were rude with the exeption of the girl in the gift shop and a couple of the wait staff. The only food I enjoyed was the Taco Bar @ the Beach that closed around 5 pm or so. After complaining to the unsypathetic management we were bombarded with prank calls all night by someone? Cancun is a beautiful island paridise so don't ruin your trip staying @ this place!!!!

You must stay at the Hotel...

by natashaward

You must stay at the Hotel Oasis Cancun. I enjoyed myself there. You will especially like their pool which stretches the length of 3 hotels. The scenery and weather was beautiful.

Good Place

My family and I just got back from Cancun Aug. 2, 2002. We had a wonderful time! Our first visit and there were so many hotels to choose from. I liked the pictures of the the Oasis Cancun that I saw on the Internet. My husband and I looked at 10 different sights. We traveled with our young son of 10 so didn't do the All-Inclusive. We planned to do as much sight seeing as we could so a clean and functional room was important. We found this at the Oasis Cancun. We were disappointed that we didn't get an ocean view but the lagoon view was okay. We were in the rooms at night only so it really didn't matter. The rooms were cleaned everyday with fresh towels. All services and restaurants and outside bars, etc. were very friendly and helpful. A wonderful first time visit to Cancun. The rate was good so if you don't want to sit in the room all day, go for this place!

a fun place to stay

Just got back from oasis cancun for 5 nights. Overall I was very happy with this hotel. We had the all inclusive plan and I heard that they didn't put alcohol in the drinks and that the food and service were miserable, etc...none of this was true. The food was true mexican, so if you want american food stay in america :) the staff was very pleasant upon arrival, and for the most part pleasant throughout our trip. I would take this advice if you plan to go, respect the fact that you are in another country, and be nice and courteous, these people are not your slaves. The hotel was very charming and the pool was amazing. I would recommend it if you are not completely spoiled by American ways. I read alot of reviews before I went, and I really think that from my experience they were wrong.

Paradise

Me and 2 other women just got back. It is like paradise. It is so beautiful at this resort. We had NO problems with anything. We are 28, 32 and 40ish years old. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are very nice, the employees were very helpful we had plenty of towels, the pool area is clean and i could go on and on about the wonderful time we had there. We felt really safe and was not made to tip but we did when needed. But we were not harrassed by the staff at all. We read all of the other reviews before we went, and was worried too. BUT we had a great time and was very pleased with everything. Ignore the bad reviews and just go. Everyone there was so nice. The hotel staff took care of us and we will be back again and again and will stay at the Oasis Cancun. Have fun!

Nightmare

I just returned from a 5 day stay at the Oasis Cancun Hotel with my boyfriend and we were very disappointed. The following is an overview of our experience:

Rooms
1. Very SMALL
2. Shabby
3. Insect infested
4. Water leaking from the bathroom into the hallway
5. No lights

Service
1. Rude
2. No directory or detailed explanations of the different restaurants and activities on-site.

Hotel Lobby/Hallways
1. Dreary/Gloomy/Scary
2. No air condition
3. Mildew aroma

Restaurants
1. Dirty
2. Rude Service

*The outside grounds were well kept and the pool was nice but all of the downfalls that I listed above were too much for me. I will never recommend this hotel to anyone (not even an enemy).

Too many other hotels to choose from.

We just got back from spending our Labor Day weekend in Cancun at the Oasis Cancun. When we first arrived, we noticed that the lobby was not air conditioned, which made it very humid and smelt bad. I think most of the hotels are not air conditioned. The rooms are very basic. We were supposed to have an ocean view but got a lagoon view, when we asked for an ocean view, we were told by one person that there weren't any, and then inquired later to another person, then it was $30 more a night. We just decided to stay where we were at. Our toilette stopped up one night, We noticed everytime we took a shower, water would leak into the hallway, our tub was cracked. They did end up fixing both. The food was OK not great, the drinks did not have very much alcohol in them, you have to ask for shots to get any liquer. The pool was beautiful, but when we got in it the water was hot so we got out. The beach was wonderful. We will not stay there again. We heard from some people we met that the Cancun Palace was a nice place to stay, they cater to you room service and all.

by ShawnBuchan

"Pros"

My wife and I have jsut returned from a week in beautiful Cancun. I want to explain some of the good and the bad so people can make their own mind up about this resort and the Oasis chain of resorts.

This resort is huge. The pools, the swim up bars, the beach front, the grounds, the resturants, and the staff were great. The pools were enormous. The buffet was cold but well appointed. our favorite a la carte resturant was Dos Lunas which we ate at three times as it was delicious - we also had a terrefic waiter named Pablo. Request him if you can.

The all you can eat Brazilian Steak house and the Sushi resturants were great as well.

The other great thing with Oasis is the stay and play deal. We spent two days at other resorts trying to get away from the 3000 spring break kids. We went to Viva Beach as well as Palm Beach. Both were small in compairison but were nice and quiet. Nice resturants but not as nice as the Oasis Cancun's.

Our room was fine - not extravagant but well appointed. The air conditioning did not work however.

"CONS"

The cons to our trip at Oasis Cancun are as follows. I have pasted this directly from the e-mail I sent to the resort.

1). The buffet was cold. It was well stocked, but everything that was supposed to be hot was cold. Very poor. I understand that there were 3000 people to feed there, but there must be a better way to keep food hot.

2). Checking in was a ridiculous event. It took us over three hours to actually get checked in and get our bracelet so we could enjoy your resort while waiting for our room. There was no hospitality room to use to change or store baggage. All the baggage was left out front for anyone to go through. I was not even asked for a slip when I went out to get some things out of my bag. It was totally unattended.

3). Our room’s air conditioning did not work. This was a huge problem as we couldn’t leave the patio door open due to the noise and partying all night, ever night until 6 am.

4). I slipped twice on the floor walking to our room due to the leaks in the roof and the water laying around without any wet floor signage.

5). We only had a patio to use for three days as your workers left five 100 lb bags of dirt and bark sitting on the patio. We also did not have any patio furniture on the patio. We complained for three days to your front desk and had no help with this at all. If I could have lifted these bags I would have thrown them to the ground but was worried that I might hit someone. This was a very poor deal.

6). We had to constantly had to fight with most of your bartenders to get drinks. We paid a lot of money for an all inclusive resort and to have all bar tenders refuse to give you two drinks (one for me and one for my wife) was unacceptable. There is no where in your brochure or web site that indicates that there is a one drink maximum per person. With the long lines to all of the bars with Spring Breakers this was a pain in the ass. You would wait for 20 minutes to finally get to the bar and get served and then be told you could only have one drink. Then had to leave the bar and wait in line for another for yourself after I gave one to my wife.

7). We should have been moved or offered to be moved to a different location as you did for everyone we spoke to. We didn’t complain about the room, the poor bar service, the cold food or anything else because we did really like your resort and if it were a different week, I would hope that we would have had a different experience.

PS. Don't even talk to the Oasis Plus people. It will rape you of your time and freedom.

Take insulated, huge travel mugs to drink from. Not only does it keep everything cold it stops you from standing in lines waiting for drinks. Just a tip we wish we knew about before we went.

"My final thoughts"

Keeping the good and the bad in mind, I would have to say over-all we had a great trip. I know it sounded bad, but it was only a small number of things that were bad. The rest of the trip was great.

The sunsets, the sunrises, the beautiful beaches and surf, the wildlife, the stay and play, the resturants, and the overall fact that it was sunny and 35 degrees most of the time instead of -10 at home.

Sarape' Restaurant Oasis CancunSarape' Restaurant Oasis Cancun

Beach view from Oasis Cancun HotelBeach view from Oasis Cancun Hotel

Hotels nearby Oasis Cancun and Grand Oasis Cancun

by Leo2006

Hi,

we have a working meeting at the Hotel Grand Oasis Cancun, and need to find some cheaper accomodation nearby. Could someone recommend me a few cheaper hotels located closely to Grand Oasis Cancun?

Or, can one see somewhere on internet a MAP with Cancun hotels?

Leo

Re: Hotels nearby Oasis Cancun and Grand Oasis Cancun

by YVRDave

This is a good map with zoom capabilities

www.cancun-map.com/images/Mapa-cancun650px.gif

Re: Hotels nearby Oasis Cancun and Grand Oasis Cancun

by drnigelc

You can actually check out a list of hotels around the Grand Oasis that shows how many miles away each hotel is.

There are 8 or so all within a mile (Crown paradise, Hilton, Omni, etc. etc.). And you can quote each one to check rates and book online.

Hope that helps...good luck!

Comments