Oasis Palm Beach

Blvd Kukulkan, Seccion C - Lote 1, Quintana Roo (formerly Calinda Beach), Cancun 77500, Mexico

Oasis Palm Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 48% less but rated 31% lower than other 5 star hotels

• THE WORST!!!!

The food was GOD AWFUL!!!! They serve food in 100 degree room with no a/c!!! Was sick the second day from FOOD POSIONING!!! ate out the rest of the my 4day stay.except 1 day at the Grand Oasis..They make you reserve seating for three of there resturants (in which the food in a grocery store warmer taste better). KIDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS EVERYWHERE!!!!!! WALKED OUT TO LOOK FOR A DOMINOS!!! SPOILED SHRIMP FROM BEING OUTSIDE ALL DAY...RUDE SERVICE AT THE FRONT DESK.Maid Staff , Belboys & Bartenders where GREAT!!!!..A/C NOT WORKING FOR 98% OF MY STAY. NO A/C IN THE LOBBY... THE PICTURES OF THE BEACH IS NOT FOR THAT HOTEL!!!! NOOOOOO BEACH...FULL OF STICKS AND SEA WEED... Budget cuts is what I heard...NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUDGET CUTS ON FOOD WILLLLLLLL PUT YOU OUT OF BUSINESS QUICKKKKK!!!! this place won't last much longer!! Went to the Grand Oasis for a day...NIGHT AND DAY!!!! SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY FOR THE GRAND OASIS...OR BETTER YET THE ME CANCUN!!!

• Terrible Food

This hotel is in a good position for the marina and transport but dont eat here the food is terrible. There are many restaurants in Cancun with a wide range of food from across the world. I wouldnt advise all inclusive in this resort because of the choice and Cancun and the surrounding areas are so nice it is a shame to stay on your complex you will miss out on what is on offer

More about Oasis Palm Beach

Refund...the only thing to hope for

What a disappointment! I booked this trip through our travel agent. It was our honeymoon and almost a disaster. We were happy to be together, but this place is so terrible, it really put a damper on things. I wasn't expecting a 5 star resort, but I also wasn't expecting such terrible experience: bad food, bad food and no atmosphere. We stood in line for almost an hour trying to check in. The place was very hot inside. Little or no airconditioning. Our airconditioning in the room did not work well, and they tell the staff to turn off the air everyday when you leave the room to save on electric bills. Thus, we would come back to a sweltering room and it never fully cooled down. I guess that's why they don't heat their water very well, cause we never had hot showers. We even paid extra for a balcony, and that didn't matter. We tried everything to get out of staying there and tried to move to another place, but they wouldn't let us out of the deal. The Funjet personnel couldn't help either. This is a very old property and nothing seems to work well.We ended up paying to get "day passes" at other resorts (about $50.00 each per day), because we just couldn't take it any more. That just made going back to the room even more painful. We could have saved a lot of money and trouble by just booking at another location. The staff wasn't rude...just very unresponsive. They don't really care. The place is in a low rent district and the people that work there know it.Don't get me wrong, you can survive here. It's just not a nice place. Our travel agent got us a little refund and felt terrible about it. She will never book this place again.I read the "excellent" comments to this place from the website. Read them carefully, they are very suspicious: broken English and bad grammar. I really feel that those aren't really "guests" who wrote them. One, the "Love it" and "I Love it" are from the same person. This makes me really angry. I think the staff is writing reviews to try and deceive people.

Barbie was there

I stayed here for a week for my b-day.I must say I had alot of fun after I started to relax a few days after arriving.WATCH YOUR SHOES,,alot of shoe theives there,,however all and all it was a very good time..service alittle slow,,but hey thats Mexico,,layed back kinda atmosphere is what I gathered from it all..I liked it, I'm going back in a few weeks.Special thanx to all the sexy security guards for putting up with me,I did get a little wild,and still recooperating from it lololololol... love you William G. you know who you are xoxoxoxox adious...see ya soon

Calinda Beach and Spa Stay

Stayed for a week all inclusive at the calinda beach and spa, the rooms with a balcony we okay, for as much time as you spend in your room, nothing to write home about. The food on the other hand was terrible! The outside dining hall had food that you were not sure what it was most of the time, and the inside dining had a very limited menu. The juices and even the milk was instant add water so much for not drinking the water! So everyone in are group ended up with stomach problems by mid week which made it hard to leave the hotel because of needing to stay close to a restroom. The staff was friendly enough and the service wasn't bad either. We had alot of fun at the bikini bar, Juan was great at keeping your drink filled and if needed would spice up the drink. Our funjet guide "Martin" was great and easy to find and promptly got things fixed when we did have a problem. The safe in our room didn't work and we asked have it fixed it wasn't told Martin and it was fixed within minutes from our request. He was very helpful with any questions we had about money exchanges, directions, tour , traveling, etc. we can't say enough Good about the funjet people. If we every go again we will take very seroursly the reviews on food and drink in an all inclusive, it doesn't matter if it's all inclusive if you can't eat the food. It was our fist time there so our expectations weren't as high as they would have been knowing how good it could have been. It could be a beautiful place to be the water is beautiful and the snokeling was awesome, but the accomadations could have been much better. This property is listed as 4 star and we don't believe it should be above 2. Plan to try another island trip maybe Jamacia sometime, maybe Cancun again at better hotel, had fun and met great people, it wasn't all a waste. Listen to the reviews people who have stayed there really do know what they are saying if most of the reviews are negative chances are it not the greatest.

Calinda Beach and Spa - worst vacation ever

we recently (over christmas vacation) stayed here. we go on vacation thru funjet at all-inclusive resorts at least 2 times per year - this is definately the worst place we have visited - food was terrible - so was service - we ended up trying to leave substancial tips - 10.00 per meal - in order to recieve better service and that didn't even help! our first room smelled moldy, and in order to get into the newer tower, we had to pay 100.00 more. we had no bottled water for the 1st 2 days, the front desk telling us that the rooms were only stocked every other day - brush your teeth? - forget it. the shop in the hotel kept charging us different amounts for bottled water we bought there over the 1st two days and the rest of the week. entertainment staff was non-existent - and one of the entertainment staff was apologetic when we started talking about how limited the facilities were - he explained that they gave him no money for the entertainment and was negative about his employment, saying he was forced to go to bars in the area for "give aways" and that was all he could do. We were told that the new years eve gala was included until the day came and we were forced to pay the xtra $25 for it! there wasn't much else we could do as we had our 10 year old daughter with us, and all the outside entertainment might not have been acceptable for her. The food that night was the worst i've ever had! the man who ran the watersports told us how much the calinda has declined over the years and said some things that were very enlightening. I would recomend funjet to change the rating to a 1 or 2, as we have stayed at 3, 4, 5 and 6 stars and belive this is all the calinda deserves.

Got Questions?

I have to admit I was really worried when I started reading some of the reviews. My stay there was great! The staff was prompt and very professional. Also you must try the Tortilla Soup on the menu. If you got any other questions shoot me an email....I will give you honest answers about this wonderful establishment.

Great!

I stayed at the Calinda in March and it was awsome! The food was good except dinner was ok sometimes. The rooms were immaculate, the resort grounds beautiful and the staff was incredible!!!!! When you go ask for Marco He's hot!

I loved it !!

My husband and I stayed there for a week in February 2003, it was absolutely wonderful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a week in paradise. Mexico is beautiful, and we intend to return frequently !!

Cancun, Mexico

by Sonny123

"Travel"

HOTELS: variety of sister hotels. Stayed at OASIS palm beach - entitles you to transfer and use amenities of other OASIS hotels.

TRAVEL: use public bus to get around. $.50/ person each trip along the strip. cheaper compare to taxi.

Places to see: Isla Mueres - bus to Puerto Juarez and hop the Ferry to the island...Cost $5.00/ person, vice $50.00/person from arranged TOURS.

Oasis Palm beach hotel...

by Jayshoker

Hiya folks i will be staying at the Oasis palm beach hotel with my wife and 1 year old daughter from the 24th September until 8th October and was wondering if anyone had any reviews on the hotel, I have seen the reviews on tripadvisor which has helped me quite a bit!

Also what excurisons would you recommend considering my 1 yr old daughter will be with us!

Thank you and i look forward to any responces!

Re: Oasis Palm beach hotel...

by Jayshoker

come on somebody please help!!

Comments