4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Boulevard Kukulcan, L-48, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 58% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• mdchachi's Profile Photo

Had a great stay

Our stay at the Omni was very enjoyable. The hotel was very clean and well kept. We only ate there once -- at the breakfast buffet -- so I can't say much about the food but I thought the selection and quality was quite good. Staff were quite nice. They were pushing their Omni Vacation Club ("not a timeshare") but it wasn't a very hard sell and we thought it was worth going through the presentation for what we got.

Pool was good although only a max depth of about 4 feet. The beach was very nice too.

The Omni is a little far down in the hotel zone so maybe a little inconvenient if you plan to go to downtown frequently but otherwise I thought the location was quite good because right across the street is an ATM, two convenience stores, a pharmacy, Dominos, McDonalds and Subway.

• jag17's Profile Photo

Beautiful Pool

I have stayed at the Omni twice, and would definitely stay here again. The hotel is right on the beach. Very nice rooms (although the walls are a little thin), great pool and beach bar, friendly staff, and spa at the hotel make this a good choice. An activities center is located near the pool to help you with any snorkel or diving trips that you might want to schedule.

Unique Quality: The pool area is incredible! 4 connecting swimming pools give you your choice of sun direction, and view. One of the pools has built in lounge chairs (w/cocktail table), so that you never have to worry about getting too hot.

Directions: Hotel Zone

• Kurtiemon's Profile Photo

Best hotel - no timeshares!

The Omni Hotel not only has one of the best beaches but it also has one of the best pools too! The beach area is quite large (some hotels, the ones near the middle, don't even have any beach area) and the beach bar and jacuzzi are added bonuses. The rooms are all made with orange marble on the floors (including the bathrooms) and the views are fantastic. The few times we used room service they were promt. The staff was always curtious and the grounds were kept in immaculate condition. They would be out at 5:30 a.m. making sure there was no sand on the walkways and the plants/trees were manicured. There is a small store at the base of the hotel that is great for liquor, beer and snack purchases.

Unique Quality: As I had mentioned, the pool area was the best. My wife and I went all the way down both sides of the beach visiting the other pool areas and none compared. The Omni had music playing all day and there were always activities going on to keep people busy. Fun, fun, fun!!!

More about Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas

All of the hotels are pretty...

by scooter3

All of the hotels are pretty fancy.. They're really big and have nice pools.. You can't really go wrong. A lot of the hotels are all inclusive too, but the food isn't very good: it's nice not to have to pay for drinks though.. We stayed at the Omni Cancun (smaller than most of them, but it was really nice). Prices there were pretty decent..

Omni was great!

We couldn't have chosen a better resort, the Omni Hotel was great! The beach is spectacular, pools are nice with sunken lounge chairs and the jacuzzi beach bar is the best. Loved the swim up bar. All inclusive was a great value. The food was always fresh, nicely presented and tasty. Mixed drinks were not limited to the call brand junk and beer was served in bottles. Service was amazing--they will do anything for you. Great gym. They sell timeshares so watch out for the "free gift" routine; they didn't bother us once we told them we weren't interested. Grounds were beautifully manicured with sculptured shrubs, red Hibiscus and many palm trees. Wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Omni again.

Fun place to stay

We had so much fun at the Omni. The service was unbelievable. Loved the pools and the activities there. The beach and the jacuzzi beach bar were to die for - could have spent my entire vacation right there! We ate and drank non-stop, so the all inclusive was well worth it and the food was good also. We had a huge suite with a balcony that over looked the ocean - we loved it. We liked that the vanity was separate from the tub area. The a/c in our room was a little too cold. We will stay there again.

Awesome(19yr old)

I stayed at the Omni two summers ago, I thought it was great. I am returning to Cancun this summer, so I am checking the reviews of the hotel I am staying at. The reviews were good and bad, but I decided to see what people said about the Omni, seeing as I've been there before. (this way I can compare the reviews). I think people are too picky, even the Omni in Chicago wasnt as nice as the one in Cancun. I would stay at the Omni again, but seeing as I am a college student, I cant afford to stay there again. It was definetly worth the money. The drinks and food were great, we ordered room service every morning. We even ordered food one night around midnight, the service was still great. The rooms did not smell and it was never hard to find a lounge chair at the pool. Da Vinci's was great too, I never got sick of the food (or got sick at all for the matter, and I have a weak stomach!) I would definetly recommend Omni, the view was beautiful and the people were friendly. I hope to be back in the future.

great vacation

My wife, daughter and 2 of her senoir friends, just got back from a 7 day AI stay at the Omni in Cancun. The staff provided some of the best service we have ever had. From Antonio happily trudging thru the sand to bring our drinks on the beach to Gonzo running scavinger hunts for the kids. I could not believe how happliy they served our wishes "the tourist is our boss" I was told by one of the staff. We were told to avoid the time share people. But after 3 great days we went looking for one and did spend almost 2 hours with him (not unpleasant). We did not buy tho I did enjoy the free massage I got for my time. 1 simple call to say I was not interested and heard not again from them. Food - great different fare each nightservice - unbelievablePrice - just rightfacilities - could not be cleaneralready scheduling a return trip

Very good, almost perfect

Stayed Apr. 20-27. Everything was almost perfect. If you are looking for the Ritz type, overpriced perfection, exactness and promptness this is not quite the place, well, you are looking in the wrong country. The service was a bit Mexican, and good, for there was no nervousness to, God forbid, get it wrong. Recommendations: if you leave you window open the room might get musty; get your adventures and trips at the front of the hotel, below, on the left for half the price; at the Da Vinci go for the T-bone lamb; have your breakfast by the beach with you feet in the sand; if you look them in the eyes, learn to say their names and 'gracias,' your expectations might just be exceeded.

Travel conditions

by Robbie6

Does anyone know the condition of the OmniCancun hotel since Wilma hit?

by yvr

Just a thought, why don't you call Omni Hotels on there 800 number and ask, or better yet, call the hotel and get the information directly from the "horses mouth" who better to ask?

by fire00starter

First, try calling the hotel. Anyone working at the front desk will speak english. OR- check out this website. They update hotel & restaurant/club info every day.
www.cancunassist.com

by gomexico

Reports I read yesterday, attributed to the federal tourism secretary, were than about 505 of hotel rooms are back on line. The beaches - imitation as they will be - are scheduled to be completed by June/July. I wouldn't make a trip to the area, unless I had a strong emotional tie to the area. Vacations are for enjoyment, for the most of us.

RE: RE: Travel conditions

by gomexico

The hotel situation should have read, in my above post . . . "50%" back on line. Fifty percent.

Comments