Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort

Km 269.5 Carretera Chetumal, Puerto Juarez, Puerto Aventuras, Riviera Maya, 77750, Mexico
Omni Puerto Aventuras Hotel Beach Resort
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member nptFoxboro_Mass_

My husband and I just returned from the Omni Puerto Aventuras. It was wonderful -- the room was clean and had a fabulous balcony and jacuzzi overlooking the ocean. We didn't spend much time in the pool, but the beach was beautiful. And the beach bar is lots of fun. Waiters also came around to check if we wanted drinks brought to our chairs.
We didn't opt for the all-inclusive, but we did have breakfast delivered each morning through the "magic box" to our room. The staff -- especially Elmer at the beach bar -- was friendly and helpful. We wanted a quiet, relaxed vacation, and that's exactly what we got. We would definitely go back.

Absolutely Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member wadkisson

My husband and I just returned from ten days at the Omni Puerto Aventuras, and it was exactly what we were looking for. We were there November 8 - 17th, 2004, and there were no crowds at all. There were enough people on the beach to not feel isolated, yet it was quiet and relaxing. We both have high pressure jobs and wanted some place to get away from it all, and this was it!

The beach is unbelievable as is the water. The hotel itself is small - 30 rooms - and the rooms are lovely. Each balcony has it's own jacuzzi tub which we used nearly every night we were there. The nights cooled off more than we expected, so it was never too hot to soak. The beds are hard - as are all the beds in Mexico that we've encountered. Just bring your own egg-shell mattress topper and then they're great. The open-air shower is fabulous, as was the hammock on the patio for napping. The bathrooms are much larger and nicer than any other hotel we've stayed in in Mexico. The entire place is spotless!

The wait staff is delightful, and they get to know your name and treat you like family. We visted Xcaret and also Chichen-Itza - both were incredible! We also spent a lot of time watching the dolphins in the marina which was really fun and interesting. There were some topless sunbathers on the beach, as is the practice throughout the Mayan Riviera. If you can't take it, don't visit this part of Mexico. It really isn't offensive though - very second nature for the people there.

We'll definitely be back. I'm almost afraid to write this favorable review, because we like the fact that the hotel isn't all that well-known. If you're looking for a party atmosphere, don't go. But if you're looking for a beautiful, well-appointed and relaxing location with good food, good service and a beach that is second to none, just book it. You won't be sorry!

Omni Hotel could be better

Four of us just returned from a short 4 day trip to PA. Originally, my husband and I were going alone and were going to stay at the Omni, but our friends ended up being able to join us, so we cancelled the reservation and booked a condo at the Villas Del Mar next door instead. We were all so glad we did. I had read reviews on Trip Advisor prior to making our original reservation at the Omni and read that they overbook. When I was on the phone with them making the reservation, I asked them about that and the agent swore they never overbook. I know now they definitely do. They overbooked 12 rooms (yes that's about 40% overbooking) yesterday and all those people had to stay in different condos. I got this information first hand. Apparently, overbooking is a regular occurence. We did use the Omni as our central point each night. The lobby was dead when we were there. The staff was nice enough in the lobby, but certainly didn't give me the warm fuzzies as 95% of the other locals did. The service on the beach at the Omni was very good. They walked down to our area of the beach to provide food and beverage service. The nachos were piled high and delicious. The ceviche fresh and tasty and the cheeseburger was good enough to order 2 days in a row. The beach waiters were extremely friendly and seemed thrilled to have us there. I didn't go into the rooms, but it didn't seem to us that any of them would have much of a view. The pool was pretty and overlooked the beach. There were always people in it, but it didn't look overcrowded to us. As I mentioned, we didn't stay at the Omni and were thrilled with our beautiful condo. However, if it's just 2 people going, or you want to stay somewhere with restaurants and bar steps away from your room vs. 75 years down the beach, I would give it a try. Just be wary...you may not have a room when you get there. Of course, if you get bumped you'll most likely end up in a beautfiul condo and will still reap many benefits of the hotel.

Enjoyed Our Stay

by TripAdvisor Member MrsTraveler

We loved the fact that the hotel is small (only 30 rooms) and away from the bustle of Cancun (an hour south). Beach is beautiful: white powdery-soft sand, crystal-clear light green water. Pool is nice and the staff was really really nice.
The only negative is the hotel food. Very average with very limited menu. Thank goodness there are lots of restaurants nearby.
We had a wonderful time.

WORLD CLASS IN EVERY WAY

My husband and I just enjoyed the most outrageously fabulous vacation of our lives. We spent five nights in Puerto Aventuras and won't ever go anywhere else.

We opted for the all-inclusive plan which was truly a spectacular choice. The restaurant (with outdoor ocean-facing veranda) and bar (quite literally on the beaches of the Caribbean) offer some of the best food I've ever had. The drinks are stronger than anything you'll find in the U.S. On our last night, a favorite waiter, Jorge, made Mexican coffee for us which involved two types of liqueur, ice cream, and FIRE. It was spectacular!!!

Speaking of the staff...I can't wait for you to meet: Ismael, Debbie, Elmer, Jorge, and Xavier. They took care of us better than we deserved. On the third day of our stay, the housekeeping staff adorned our bed with flower blossoms and swan towels. Truly amazing!

I should add that my husband and I were looking for a "no tours...no hassles" vacation and that's exactly what we did. We didn't leave the resort or even go snorkling. We wanted to spend a week focused on each other. This is not something that would interest everyone and on our next trip we'll probably add some snorkling, dolphin encounters, or a trip to Playa del Carmen.

This was our first trip to Mexico and the only place we will EVER stay. The hotel is beautiful; the open-air lobby is fabulous. Our room (106) had a garden view and a completely private patio with a huge Jacuzzi and hammock. We really lucked out with rooms! Also, the shower has a sliding glass door that overlooks the patio -- very sensual!

All in all, don't listen to the folks who complain about the food, drinks, ambience, or service at this resort. It truly is world class!

Great Place!

The Omni in P.A. was fabulous. My wife and I went in July 2004 for our anniversary. I decided to write this review because I couldn't find many reviews myself before our vacation. I hope this helps.

We got off to a bad start because they tried to give us 2 double beds with a view of the street instead of a king like we requested. I had read complaints about this so I called twice to verify that we would get a king bed. I was upset, but they quickly fixed the problem and moved us to the first floor with a garden view. This was great because the patio was HUGE and the jacuzzi was much larger than on the other floors. There was also a partial view of the ocean and you could hear the waves at night. Very nice.

I would definetly recommend the first floor suites over anything with a "marina" view which is actually an uninspiring view of the street below.

The room was well appointed and service was prompt. The front desk crew needs some more customer service training because they rarely greeted us when we came and went. In fact, they seemed to ignore most people until you asked a question. This is a minor complaint because the rest of the staff was fabulous. They were very friendly and attentive.

We enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast which included juice, coffee, fruit and pastries. I would recommend having the breakfast at the restaurant because the view and ambiance is incredible, but it is also nice to have it delivered each morning. Just make sure to call the night before or they won't deliver it!

The food at the beach bar was excellent and the atmosphere was what makes the Omni so special. The beach is powdery white and the water is crystal clear. A waiter was always nearby to take care any request.

Puerto Avneturas is in a great location to explore the rest of the Yucatan. We traveled to all of the major attractions and enjoyed our stay but by far the best experience was just relaxing at the Omni's beach and not doing anything. The last 3 days of our vacation was consumed by beach lounging and it is what made our trip so memorable.

We love to snorkel, and the reefs just offshore were better than anything we saw in Cozumel or Akumal. Swim out 1-200 yards to where the waves are breaking and the reefs are fabulous. We saw baracudas, angel fish, porcupine puffers, sting rays, moray eels, parrot fish and much much more. Other groups saw sea turtles, but I missed that. The water clarity is great and most of the coral is still alive.

When I go back, I'll skip the touristy spots and snorkel in front of the Omni. Most of the time you are the only group snorkeling and you never feel rushed or pressured to move like we did in Cozumel.

I would strongly recommend the Omni in Puerto Aventuras. The overall quality of our experience was tremendous. The beach is uncrowded, there are no salesman or timeshare scams to worry about, the rooms were spacious and clean, and the snorkeling was top notch. The town of Puerto Aventuras is DEAD, but the Omni is great. The location is great if you want to travel the yucatan and you definetly feel safe and secure while in town. I would return in a heartbeat.

Enjoy your trip!

Not wonderful, not horrible

We were disappointed in this hotel. We went for our honeymoon and we had expected a little more than this place had to offer. We are a really low-key flexible couple but this place just didn't do it for us. First, there were TONS of hollering kids most of the time (yes, we probably should have done an adults-only) but with 30 guest rooms, we thought, how many kids could there really be? There were a ton, and they were yelling in the pools and through the hallways early in the morning the whole five days we were there. The staff was nice but not overly so. We mentioned that it was our honeymoon a few times (had told them before we arrived and then also when we arrived) but unlike many other resorts I've heard of, they didn't do anything special for us. No complimentary ANYTHING. We could live with that but then we also got stood up for our couples massage. The spa, if you could call it that, said they'd set us up for a couples massage outside near the beach at sunset. This was the one thing I was looking forward to doing most on the honeymoon. Well, we showed up on time and the spa was closed. There was no one there to do the massage (which was upsetting b/c I had confirmed it twice), they had gone home and we were leaving on an early a.m. flight the next day. Also, we had asked for an ocean view room. They didn't have any when we checked in but said they would have an availability before we left. It would have been extra money but we would have paid it. They said they'd let us know. Of course they didn't.

The gym equipment in the fitness room was old and much of it didn't work or work properly. Overall the rooms were decent, and the jacuzzi on the balcony of our room was great. We did have a small lizard in our room on the second day but the front desk came and removed it promptly when we called. There was only one restaurant actually at the hotel (there were a ton just outside of the resort). We wouldn't go back here because of the goof ups. I'm sure there are better resorts for the money.

Loved it

We stayed at the Omni PA over labor day weekend and absolutely loved it!
I would say if you're looking for a huge all inclusive or a very active place, this isn't the right hotel. It was probably one of the most low key places I have ever been - but this was exactly what we were looking for.
As for specific details:
- Beach: The beach is absoutely gorgeous. I don't recall ever seeing more than 10 or 15 people on it at any given time. All the seaweed is swept up daily, so it is immaculately clean.

- Food: We opted for the all-inclusive, and loved it. I think it is worth the money if you eat 2 of the meals at the hotel. For 4 days, this was fine, and I absoutely loved eating waffles for breakfast by the ocean (as other people here stated). If you were staying for more than 4 days, I would probably opt against the all-inclusive, since there are a lot of restaurants in PA to eat. Dinners at the hotel were generally good, some of the mexican dishes were great!

- Drinks: This was a major plus of the all inclusive. Unlike a lot of places, it includes everthing (premium and house), except for bottles of wine. For beers, there was always a selection of Sol, Dos Equis, and Bohemia. The frozen drinks on the beach were great, and the drinks in the restaurants were served in glasses, not plastic cups.

- Room: They didn't have a king available, but did have an oceanfront, 3rd floor double - the view was great, the jacuzzi was nice. The hotel is older, so don't expect a modern hotel room, but they did keep the place really clean, and the flooring looked fairly new. Beds are a little bit on the hard side, but no major problems. Bathroom was spotless.

- Service: I got the feeling the staff here is a little overworked (some of the restaurant staff seemed to never leave), but they responded to everything we wanted. They all spoke English pretty well, and were always receptive. On food service, they rarely missed a detail. The hotel is on the quiet relaxed side and the staff seemed to mimic the atomosphere with their attitudes - which was fine with us. We tipped a little bit here and there on food and maid service, and they always seemed appreciative.

All in all, it was a great experience. I disagree with the previous reviewers that the food was disappointing - I thought it was really good, as long as you don't mind mexican food (and the seafood dishes seemed to be better than the meat dishes). Given the size of the hotel, I could see there being problems with overbookings (though the hotel didnt look full when we were there), but all the condos surronding the resort look really nice if thats where they put people up. Most activities other than scuba diving or snorkeling will require an off-site trip, so this isnt the place to stay for that sort of entertainment. If you want a secluded beach vacation with absoutely no hassles (no timeshare salesman, vendors, etc), this is definately the place.

Put some clothes on!

by TripAdvisor Member Jules1

The Omni and the next door properties need to get it together! People spend alot of money for a "family" vacation on the beach and don't want to have a bunch of naked women bumping and grinding in front of their young, innocent children. If we wanted to stay at the pool the whole time we could have done that at home! Get a grip and tell these people and the locals using the beach to put some clothes on for crying out loud instead of making excuses for them and telling us "what a perfect opportunity we have been given to tell our YOUNG children about the birds and the bees"!!!!! Get real!!

Perfect for a relaxing honeymoon!

by TripAdvisor Member AmyOakPark_IL

We went to the Omni for our honeymoon in July 2004 and we absolutely loved it! It was perfect for relaxing after the stress of planning a wedding. We can't wait to return and it was exactly what we were hoping for. The beach was perfect - powder white sand, clear water, great snorkeling right off the beach (better than the snorkeling at Xcaret!!). The beach bar is a lot of fun and has good food and waiters are always around. The room was nice (bed was a little too firm for our taste) but we loved having breakfast delivered right to our room in the little cabinet every morning! We also enjoyed the different restaurants around the marina and recommend Tiramisu - excellent lobster!

Also, we highly recommend Paradise Tours (their office is in the lobby) for transportation needs and day trips. They are extremely friendly and Ali was a great driver, very personable, helpful, and gave good recommendations! We enjoyed going to Playa del Carmen and the restaurants there. We were very happy with our day trip to Tulum (Mayan ruins) and the catamaran ride - they were both fantastic! but our favorite thing was to just stay around the resort, eat at the beach bar, relax and swim in the ocean.

XcaretXcaret

Blue Bay pool, with lots of activititesBlue Bay pool, with lots of activitites

An unexpectedly cheerful Mayan cemetery!An unexpectedly cheerful Mayan cemetery!

Pool bar at the CasaMagna Resort, CancunPool bar at the CasaMagna Resort, Cancun

Cancun or Playa Del Carmen

by ctso

We are planning a trip to Cancun the week before Christmas for 7 days and be back by Christmas Eve. We are thinking about staying either at the Grand Caribe Resort & Spa (Blvd 11.5KM), or Barcelo Tucancun Beach in Cancun. Maybe even Gran Porto Real at PDC. Any advise from all your experience travellers? Is there any special activities going on during that time of the year?

by Dabs

While I don't agree that Cancun is a dump, for me it is a bit too touristy so I prefer to head further south to the PDC area. Some people even say that it is too touristy and go even further south but I still like the PDC area. A lot of restaurants if you decide to go non all inclusive. The Gran Porto Real is in a nice location right on the beach, right near 5th Avenue where the shopping and restaurants are, if you prefer more local establishments, you just need to go off 5th Avenue a couple of blocks to find them. You can take a ferry over to Cozumel from PDC, you are closer to the ruins at Tulum and Coba.

We usually stay in Playacar south of PDC but I think I prefer the location closer into town if the price were right.

by YVRDave

I have stayed at both Real hotels mentioned. The Gran Porto is much better IMO. If you can up it a bit for the Royal next door, go for it.
As Tim and Kristi stated, PDC and more so Playacar, are preferred to Cancun.

by brkilbourne

Go for the Royal in Cancun, 5 nights with airfare from Savannah GA, go all inclusive around $2,000, or the Flamingo suite, all inclusive for $1,300.
Prices are about 45% lower than usual . The Royal is Royal.

by YVRDave

Stayed there too, still prefer PDC. The Beach at the Royal Cancun is eroded too much right now. They do have the little part created by the break water but it is not the same

by brkilbourne

I agree about the beach.

by cheeconi

PDC is more laid back and less touristy than Cancun. Cancun is one highrise after another and geared towards the younger crowds who are there to party.
I would upgrade to the Royal Porto Real for the better beach and accomodations.
Even though they are All inclusives..Do eat at a few of the many fine restuarants in town.

Comments