Piramides Cancun Beach Resort

Boulevard Kukulkan, Km. 12.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

Park Royal Cancun
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Better than 4 Star Hotel

Our stay was from Nov 28th to Dec 2nd of 2004. Didn't know much about the hotel except for what we researched on the web prior. From all the info we saw, we decided to stay at Park Royal Piramides Hotel and we were not at all disappointed. The hotel was better than we were expecting. The beach was probably one of the best areas on the strip from our walk up and down the beach. Couldn't have been happier with the hotel except that the rooms could use a little renovation to modernize them. No hairdryers.

Unique Quality: The BEST Italian restaurant with a great appetizer/salad bar and dessert bar. Wonderful Chicken Parm and Beef Gorgonzola. Had small menu but everything was excellent. Service was Outstanding. Was able to eat there every night, but beware that reservations are needed and they fill up quickly (only so many people per half hour seating).
    - The cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at. Everywhere you look, people are cleaning, dusting, mopping, etc etc etc.
    - Wonderful beach front, great location, across the street from the mall
    - Very friendly staff (Miguel in downstairs bar and Ishmael in Italian Restaurant were our favorites).
    - Even beautifully decorated for Christmas.

Directions: About halfway up the hotel zone strip. Across the street from huge mall. Easy to get everywhere from here.

More about Piramides Cancun Beach Resort

Park Royal Girls Weekend Great Place to Stay

Girls weekend at the Park Royal Feb. 27-March 1. I found it to be beautiful and clean. Diego was the most helpful porter in the lobby.
Not only did he help with the luggage, he checked us in, got our keys, delivered the luggage and checked on us throughout our stay. Food at the restaurant that you must make reservations is great! I would recommend eating there every night. Bars were great and plenty of alcohol. The service was wonderful. No employees solicited tips like other all inclusives that I stayed at. The bars didn't even have a tip jar like most. The only thing this hotel is missing is a better entertainment selection during the day as well as nightly entertainment. Cooking class by the pool just isn't my idea of fun but you don't have to go. For the price, this hotel was great.

Hotel Piramides

by tonih about Hotel Piramides

Most of the hotels in the touristic zone in Cancun are similar, they are near the beach, have pool and are very luxurious. This hotel have a very good relation quality-price.
You are in the same beach, with two pools, a good service and also a little Maya ruines

Piramides Hotel was a dream

From getting off the plane, and going to the Hotel Piramides everything was like a dream. Our week vacation was too short. The food was excellent, the tours were great but too long.

We love it

Piramides-Feb 7-13, 2004

First trip using Royal Holiday and was nervous about taking two couples with us. But everything went smooth as silk. Found the Piramides to be beautiful, clean, and the staff was very personable. We had the Royal suite and it was kept immaculate. There were crews constantly cleaning, painting, and repairing to keep the place perfect. We had a minor problem with a light switch and the hotel had an electrician to our room in 10 minutes and he had it repaired in less than 10 more minutes. I've never had that happen at a hotel before. Had read that the indoor buffet was below par in several reviews. Our resident gourmet was pleasantly surprised and we all very happily ate there every day. Food was varied and wonderfully presented. Each meal gave the option of familiar favorites and exciting new taste treats. The only reason we could think of for the poor reviews were perhaps their tastes ran to fast food and variety was considered bad. We thought the Italian restaurant was a little pretentious and the food quality not better than the buffet, but others were very happy with it. We had a fantastic vacation and will most certainly return.

Great for the $$$

We stayed at the Park Royal Pyramides on the second week of Feb. 2004. We were with a large group and booked the trip through Funjet. This was our second stay at the Pyramides. We had a great experience a couple years ago and decided to try it again. This has to be one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed in. There are people cleaning and scrubbing in the lobby and hallways at all hours. The grounds are immaculate. The best part is the fantastic beach! It is wide and pure with just the right amount of waves for swimming.We went with the all-inclusive and liked the buffet food for the most part. It is just general american food, but it is above average. We ate at the Italian restaurant every night. It is in a new addition right next to the ocean. It has wonderful food with a good variety and plenty of wine. The only downside is that we could never get a reservation until about 8:30 p.m. We couldn';t understand this as the restaurant was never over half full. They must just not want to ever over book it or something.We got great service from all the bartenders. The bar out near the beach was excellent. All-inclusive is the only way to go for a group like ours. Sure, the drinks may not be as strong as you would like, but we just got them 2 at a time and took them down to the beach with us.I would recommend the Park Royal Pyramides, especially if you want a great beach.

Clean, Fancy,Bad Food, Boring, Staff Poor, But a good location

This was my fifth trip to Cancun in 8yrs. My 20 year old daughter and I stayed from Jan 4-7. Hotel room was very clean and pretty, nice marble, not slate floors. Houskeeping never changed sheets didn't even shake them out, sand and crumbs from my late nite snack were made in the bed.
Staff very unfriendly, most don't speak english. Had to walk from our building to the other to eat. Two resturants, one had to make reservations, food at that one was good small portions. Main resterant food blaaa, recycled. Lots of walking up and down steps to get to pool resturaunts and beach. Very boring at nite.The location is great, but you can stay 4 doors down at the Carribean Village, I have stayed there 3 times and loved it, maybe not as fancy, but the staff was great, entertainment all day and nite. I would only stay at Park Royal if it were a short trip and it was the only place I could get into.
Definately not my first choice.

Would stay somewhere else.

Stayed at the Park Royal for 3 nights, 4 days this past weekend. It's located right across the street from LaIsla mall, which is really nice.
The best mall in Cancun! We felt totally safe in Cancun and took the city bus everywhere, for only 6 pesos (60 cents per person). The grounds were well maintained as well as the rooms. Beds were like boards though! It rained and the windows leaked everywhere and had to use bath towels to prevent the water from spreading everywhere. Maid service was good. Food on the other hand was barely edible. I have never been to a restaurant where you literally had to spit out food as it tasted so bad. You were able to find a couple of items on the buffet to fill up, even if it was buns. We ate at the Italian restaurant once, 10pm was the only time we could get in and then they were out of the dish I wanted to order, but the food was better than the buffet. If you want to eat here be sure to reserve early, like the day before! They only take reservations for 6 tables every half hour from 7pm to 10pm.
If you are a whiskey drinker, beware, there is none! If you want alcohol in your drink, be prepared to tip, all the time, otherwise your drinks are like water! Most of the staff were friendly, but we had an incident that the bartender yelled at us cuz' we didn't finish a drink (it tasted terrible) and was told it was expensive and not to be waseful. Unbelievable! When we checked out we were not even asked if we enjoyed our stay. We booked through Funjet and would definately do that again. They really take care of you. I do agree with another post, the Funjet rep will not steer you wrong. Follow her advice. All in all, we got a good deal $535 for 3 nights, including air from Milwaukee. I definately want to go back to Cancun but would stay at a 6 star hotel with a balcony.

Value for money

I have just returned for 2 weeks in Cancun and spent the first week at the Piramides. The Good facts; Rooms basic but clean. Maid service efficient. Hotel very clean, Beach lovely - sea a bit rough for little kids but great. Food good and generally warm and plentiful. Bar service fine. location quite good opposite big shopping centre. The bad facts; Night time entertainment none existant (I don't want a nightclub just something to entertain - you do get the impression that they would rather you drank somewhere else at night). The Italian restaurant was adult only with no concessions like an early sitting for famalies or 1 day a week for families - I do resent these kinds of exclusions. I spent the following week at the Avalon Reef and much prefered the Piramides. I booked everything over the internet using BestDay based in Mexico and they delivered everything they promised.

No Service, No Food

Avoid this hotel while in Cancun--you can do much better -- trust me. I really tried to give the hotel the benefit of the doubt. I read a review early on where someone said it was more like a motel. Funjet rated this a 4 star hotel. I had stayed at the Costa Real before, which they rated as a 2-star hotel. Funjet got their ratings COMPLETELY messed up. I would probably rate the Piramides a 1-star hotel. Don't be fooled. The rooms are nice and housekeeping does well, but they have no service standards elsewhere. It was nearly impossible to get a decent spot at the pool and people would save chairs for hours and not even sit in them. You had to check out pool towels everyday, and if you did not check them back in it was $$. The best food was at the deli which of course was not part of the all-inclusive package. They did not have any water recreation on site, but rather off-site and for a fee. There was absolutely no drink service at the pool or on the beach. You always had to get up and walk to the bar. The kids pool was the pool with the swim up bar. There was a service-charge for using the safe in the room -- they charge you $2/day for the lock. The buffet food was horrible and their lunch menu was basically the same as the dinner menu. They had limited activities listed, the charge for the gym was $5/day/person. Once I asked for someone to help me find a place to sit at the pool, and they said they couldn't and that I had to get up at 7:00 am to save my spot. You are not allowed to bring any buffet or restaurant food or drinks back to your room and barely even out of the restaurant doors (we wanted to have sit at the outside tables with some wine, and they refused to let us). There is also no ATM on property and the hotel will not charge for cash. It was a very restrictive all-inclusive package, and while it may be a bargain to stay here, I would just pay for the room and buy your own food. I will never return to this hotel, nor to Cancun because of my experience at this hotel.

piramides teotihuacanpiramides teotihuacan

Piramides beach resortPiramides beach resort

Hotels in cancun area

by lylerlind

Hi I'm going to Cancun in march. Can anyone tell me the best mid to high range all-inclusive hotels. I have heard Moon Palace beach is full of seaweed.

by rachel_sun

Hello
i stayed in a nice 4 star hotel on the lagoon side which i thought was very nice indeed.Its on my Cannes page under Acoomadations and there are plenty of pics and info on the hotel.Good luck with finding a nice hotel.

Rach

by YVRDave

Try the Park Royal Piramides

by brkilbourne

I have been to three in Cancun and for the money and best food of the three The Flamingo would be my suggestion. Clean, good price and better food than the other two Oasis and Adventura, Only negative when comparing is not a wide a beach as the other two and not as big. Very nice people. Remeber to tip your maid a weeks pay $5.00 US !!!

by mexicancurious

Yes it's true, Moon Palace doesn't have beautiful beaches, and it's a little far away for Cancun Hotel Zone ( restaurants, malls, and other activities).

Royal Sands from Royal Resorts it's a better option, tehy have also special package per week, and excelent prices for food.

Comments