Ritz-Carlton Cancun

Retorno del Rey 36, Zona Hotelera, Quintana Roo, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

Expedia.com amextravel.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• motorcitykitty's Profile Photo

Heaven on Earth

This is truly heaven on Earth. The staff is amazing. They go out of their way to make your stay wonderful. The beach is spotless and the service fantastic. You can get lost just laying on a lounger all day. No matter where your having a meal it is top shelf. Whether it be on the beach, or breakfast room, room service, lobby lounge or whatever the food is perfect, good and fresh. It is worth every cent. After going there over 15 years I can honestly say I have not enjoyed one morsel. I'm totally addicted to the brownies and chocolate fountains on the club lounge. And if you get the chance, stay on the club lounge you will be spoilt to death. You'll expect that kind of treatment where ever you go from then on. Just try it. You'll understand.

Unique Quality: Spotless Hotel. Caring Ladies and Gentlemen that work there. Beautiful Property. They love Children. Best strech of beach. Within walking distance of Luxury mall and many restaurants. You will make friends with the staff.

Directions: Not far from Airport. Middle of Hotel Zone

• Lady_Disdain's Profile Photo

France in Mexico

An 18th century French Chateau transported to the Caribean is the best description of the Ritz in Cancún. It is strange to step from the beach into a world of beautiful antigues and crystal chandeliers.

A visitor can easily forget they are in Mexico - this is not a hotel where one can get a taste of the local culture. Even the Mexican style restaurant the food is toned down and presented in a French like style.

As is to be expected in such a hotel, the service is impectable. Fresh scented beach towels, plushy robes and everything else is available at any moment. The staff is very friendly and willing to help.

• tedandtina's Profile Photo

Excellent service

Start to finish, wonderful...Rooms were nice and the views are spectacular....

Pool is nice and poolside service is excellent!! There is a hot tub near the pool. The beach is private but the tide can be strong.

The hotel staff try to accomodate your needs very meticulously and thet take great pride in their hotel.

It was very impressive. Will definitely stay there again.

Unique Quality: Service Excellent....

Nice to kids...free crib.

Valet parking.

Great food in the restaurant!! We had lunch in the cafe. The food was very tasty.

Comfortable rooms.

• islaazul's Profile Photo

Beautiful views

I had the privilege of staying here for a company sales training during the dot-com boom (ah, the good old times). It's a top-notch place--beautiful unobstructed views of the ocean, white beach, cocktail under an umbrella...

Unique Quality: The pool is huge and beautiful, the service is excellent. No complaints--stay here if you can.

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

A wow experience!

Everything is special about this hotel!
    it`s simply the best.(at least to me).

Unique Quality: It has large swimming pool,comfortable air-conditioned bedrooms.Inside and outside restaurants.And a beautiful sea view fittness center.

More about Ritz-Carlton Cancun

The Ritz was fabulous

I think the Ritz-Carlton deserves 7 stars. It's service went beyond any other Ritz-Carlton we have ever been to and they are all supurb. The people who work there made our trip. Always a smile on their face and couldn't do enough to make our stay a perfect one. The food and service were devine. I would not want to stay anywhere else in Cancun but the Ritz-Carlton, Cancun.

True Luxury & Sincere Staff

by TripAdvisor Member TravelQueen221

We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Cancun Oct 9 to Oct 20. At arrival (late) we were greeted by Ramon and given a tour of the hotel. Our room was perfectly located and very nice but I did think to myself that it was probably time for remodeling. We always stay on club floors because we love the special attention and the complimentary food & beverages. It is always worth the extra money and Ricardo did a wonderful job overseeing the club floor food and staff. Karla, the club concierge manager, was so very helpful and nice. She went out of her way to accommodate our needs. A few days later we were upgraded to a Suite because I was right they were doing remodeling and wanted to work on the rooms in our section of the floor. So, for the last 8 nights we stayed in a beautiful Suite. Edgar took care of our Restaurant reservations and make sure to go to the Seafood buffet at El Cafe Mexicano on Friday and if possible both 5 diamond restaurants, Club Grill and Fantino. The food and service is the best in Cancun. My husband loved the lobby bar because he could smoke his cigars. Very nice trio played after 9:00pm. The pool area was wonderful and since the hotel was about half full, we were never crowded. The many extras like personalized thank you cards for dining at Club Grill and Fanino, sincere staff, luxury amenities are what make the Ritz-Carlton a very special place to stay. If you want luxury, fine dining, spotless accommodations, great beach and friendly staff...then this is for you.

Wonderful!

We just got back from Cancun and we stayed at the Ritz Carlton. The hotel service was wonderful! Everyone that worked there was great to us. The food at the hotel was pricey but very good. My only complaint would be the drinks by the pool. They were very expensive. A coke was $3.20 US and a 6 oz Margarita was $9.00 US Most mixed drinks were even more. I would go back again tomorrow. It was the best treatment I have ever had at a hotel.

Honeymoon at the Ritz

I spent many days researching hotels and reading reviews in order to plan the perfect honeymoon to Cancun. I kept coming back to The Ritz Carlton and this review should explain why. I will be concise and break down each part of the trip with a narrative about our experience. I believe that more information is better when planning special occasions so this review is lengthy:Before the Trip: I can't begin to explain how helpful the staff was in answering my questions and handling my reservation. My first inquiry by e-mail was met with an instant response (same day) with all the information I requested (transfer, rooms, entertainment, special requests, etc.). Being my honeymoon, I did not want anything overlooked or questionable so I booked everything myself. I was able to book my room, arrange transport, confirm dinner reservations, and arrange other special requests without hassle all in advance of our arrival using the hotel concierge.Arriving in Cancun We were able to fly direct to Cancun from Dallas, which is a little over 3 hours. If you have never been to Cancun, you will need to be aware of the following items: - The lines through customs are rather long so be patient. They move pretty fast. If you are a newlywed, be sure to take a copy of your marriage certificate just in case (we never needed ours). - After going through customs, there are a number of people who wear what appear to be "official" uniforms requesting your attention. Don't be fooled. They will try to get you to come over and review your documents. Then they will start arranging transfer by taxi, bus, etc. Arrange transportation with the hotel you are staying at before you arrive and just walk past these people. It will be much easier for you and you won't have to worry about pesos, negotiating prices, etc. In the end, you will save money.As soon as we walked out of the airport we were greeted by our driver from The Ritz. To this day, I still don't know how he recognized us. Anyway, the transfer was short (about 15 minutes) and the driver was very friendly and made a number of suggestions about things to do in Cancun and even spoke about his family. You will find that most of the staff at The Ritz is open and interested in not only serving you as the guest, but getting to know you as a friend.Arrival at the Hotel Upon arrival there were four bellmen at the door awaiting us and we did not have to lift a finger for anything. They greeted us by name, congratulated us for our wedding, and welcomed us to the hotel. There was no waiting in the lobby and we were personally greeted by the manager of the hotel. He had personally arranged our accommodations and offered us complimentary drinks at the bar overlooking the ocean as they transferred our belonging to the suite. He introduced us to the concierge and seemed to take an interest in our comfort and treatment from the very beginning of the stay.The Hotel: The details in the hotel are quite extravagant. They have full-time florists that ensure there are fresh flowers on every table. The bouquets are quite elaborate. The walls are adorned with beautiful artwork and the floors are marble throughout the hotel. There are many areas to sit and relax. The hotel is not all-inclusive, but you will never have to leave. You can receive spa treatments and beach-side massages, exercise in the fitness center, enjoy candlelight dinners on the beach, or just relax by the pool. If you want to get away on an adventure, you can schedule it through the concierge or visit the American Express travel desk on the ground floor.The Suite We stayed in the Master Suite. If I could post pictures I would so you could see how beautiful the room was. We had a living room with plenty of seating with large floor to ceiling windows adorning the wall facing the ocean. The furniture was very formal but comfortable. The light colors were soothing and the television was playing music while fish swam around on the screen. Very relaxing... Before we could even venture into other parts of the suite, the doorbell rang and we were greeted by room service with a bottle of vintage Cabernet Sauvignon.There were French doors connecting the living room to the bedroom. The bedroom was heavenly. There were large French doors on each wall leading out to a wrap-around balcony. The bed was king size and probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The sheets were frette and there was a down mattress pad that you could just sink into. Very romantic!There was a dressing room with large closets and a mirror that covers the entire wall. The bathroom floor, shower, and sinks were marble and there was a wide selection of designer toiletries provided complimentary by the hotel.The balcony was the highlight of our room. The manager had mentioned it was the best view in all of Cancun. The balcony wrapped around our suite and was literally just as large (in square footage) as the room itself. The balcony floor was tiled with one side overlooking the pool and the other side overlooking the ocean. There was a private sun-bathing area and table with four chairs for a nice dinner under the stars.The Restaurants The Cafe Mexicana offers a wonderful breakfast buffet with an extensive variety of American, Mexican, Asian, and European breakfast foods. I would suggest that you make a room reservation that includes breakfast as this will reduce the cost of your trip. Our breakfast each morning cost about $40 USD, but we received this with the rate of our room and saved about $250 over the week we were there. I do not recommend Cafe Mexicana for dinner. We had dinner there one night and were disappointed. I ordered their four-course meal and was disappointed to find that my entree was a lobster sandwich on a bun. The chef ended up making us shrimp fajitas (which is not on the menu) so that was a nice gesture to make sure we didn't leave upset or with an empty stomach. The funny thing was that I didn't even have to complain. The waiter understood that I was not enjoying my meal and informed the chef personally. Again, they anticipate your needs.Fantino was definitely the most elegant of the restaurants in the hotel. The restaurant received the coveted AAA Five Diamond Award. Fantino offers more of European style cuisine with a heavy emphasis on Italian dishes. The chef will prepare a small tasting for you to try new recipes for the menu. I had the veal (which was recommended as a specialty). The service was very formal and the atmosphere was one of elegance and sophistication. Music is provided from a piano player who will take requests if you have a special song in mind.The Club Grille was my favorite of the restaurants. Like Fantino, The Grille boasts the AAA Five Diamond award and definitely lives up to the rating. The restaurant is adorned with mahogany woods and ambient lighting. There is a jazz trio that performs and the singer is incredible. The steaks at The Grille are outstanding. Like Fantino, the chef will prepare hour devours for your sampling. When we arrived at the restaurant our first night, they had placed rose petals all over the table. The atmosphere is perfect for any couple in love! After dessert, the chef prepared a plate with chocolates and Happy Honeymoon written in chocolate.Be sure to bring a suit and nice evening wear when dining at Fantino or The Club Grille. Also, make reservations through the Concierge because they will notify the restaurant if you are celebrating a special occasion.Our last night at the hotel, we were invited to a cocktail party with the hotel manager at the Club Grille. We enjoyed wine, champagne, and hour devours prepared by the chefs from Fantino and The Club Grille. The manager sat with us for over an hour and we enjoyed a wonderful conversation about family, culture, and friends. We can truly say we made new friends at The Ritz.Prices Service comes with a price. Save up and make the most of your vacation. Stay fewer nights and enjoy a higher level of service. Many people go on vacations too conscious of pinching pennies and fail to truly relax and enjoy the trip. Plan ahead and make a list of the things you want to do.If you are on a limited budget, here are some tips to help cut the cost of your stay at The Ritz. Book your travel during the off-season (Summer). Prices are half of what they are in the peak season (Winter and Spring). Do not use the mini-bar. Stay on the Club level if you want to avoid paying for lunch and snacks throughout the day. There are five food and beverage presentations throughout the day and you will have exclusive access to these any time. The Ritz offers specials throughout the year that include breakfast with the price of the room. Since the breakfast is a buffet, you can get up late and eat a large breakfast to hold you over until dinner. Spending a little more for a room that includes breakfast will save you money in the long run.If you are looking to spare no expense and enjoy all the levels of service and comfort, then bring your wallet because there are unlimited opportunities to spend. Room and pool-side service are pricey and dinner at Fantino or The Club Grille will cost well over $100 (for two). Spa treatments start at $60. Cocktails start at around $8. If you have a special request, the Ritz Carlton is prepared to accommodate. Speak with Irina about your request and she will make sure that everything is orchestrated just as you wish.Dont be alarmed by your hotel bill. It is calculated in pesos so it will show up about 10 times more than the price in USD (1 USD = 10 Pesos).Tipping Be prepared to tip for service. We are blessed to live in the most affluent country in the world and what seems like little to us can be a lot to someone who lives in another country. Remember that all the people who are serving you have families and are working hard at their jobs. However, do not tip because someone greets you at the door or shows you to your room. This is a little excessive. You should tip only for services that are provided to you. I recommend tipping the following people: - Hotel Driver ($5 - if you use this service) - Bellman ($2 per bag delivered and placed in your room) - Pool/Room service (percentage of the order) - Restaurant waiter (percentage of the order tip as you would in the US just because you are in Mexico doesnt mean you should tip a fixed amount or less than you would in The States. You will find that service is much better and should be rewarded accordingly.) - Housekeeping it is easy to overlook these fine individuals who ensure your room is clean and comfortable. I recommend tipping $5 USD a day or more if a special service is requested (rose-petal turndown, etc.) - Rule of Thumb: Be generous, but not excessive.Dont flaunt your money or act superior to those around you. Follow the Golden Rule and you will be amazed at the service you receive, and more important, the friendships you develop.Final Thoughts The Ritz Carlton truly lives up to the rave reviews that so many have made. I am no exception. The level of service exceeds all expectations and will leave you feeling like royalty.

cancun resorts?

by muniz

need help deciding which resort is better jw marriott
or fiesta americana grand coral beach?
i am looking for the most beautifull accomodation.pool and beach.pleeease help!!!!

by marimar_72

Cancun is a beautiful place no matter where u stay.
We stayed at the Ritz Carlton back in 1995 ,a double bed room costed us 128 USD$.
it was one of the best resorts i ever stayed at.
you can check my cancun pages.

take care
& have fun!

marimar_72

by bueno_m

i stayed at the fiesta americana a few weeks ago - company payed so iam not quite sure about the prices. fiesta americana was a great place - i liked the hotel bar most - really really well designed with chill out music. you will also like the sushi in the restaurant (if you are a sushi fan). beaches from fiesta a. and marriot are identical because they are quite near ( 5 min to walk from fiesta to the marriot). i wouldnt pay more than 200bucks a night for the fiesta a..
all the best

andreas

by arios

Hi, We stayed at the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Hotel in Cancun a year ago, before booking we were trying to decide between the The Ritz Carlton, or the FA Grand Coral Beach, we decided for the FAGCB because all of the rooms have an ocean view (and what a beautiful ocean). We were not disapointed, we loved this place. The mini sutes were great, and the service exceptional. Beautiful private beach, and pool. Walking distance to everything. Great restaurants onsite.
I do recommend you this hotel. We work hard and like to travel well, so we always look for the best possible acommodations within our budget.
e-mail me if you would like to see actual photos of the FAGCB pool/beach.

Enjoy Cancun!!