Riu Palace Las Americas

Blvd Kukulcan, Km 8.5, Manzana 50, Lote 4, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas
Expedia.com amextravel.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Alabama Anniversary

My Husband and I had a fantastic time at this Resort! This was our 3rd time to Cancun but our 1st to the Riu Palace. This is the BEST Resort we have stayed at by far. Jessica at the front desk is the best. She gave us a wonderful room with a panaramic view of the ocean. Elizabeth cleaned our room (316) and I wish she could have come home with us.
    The Entertainment Staff was fun and be sure to join in!! Food was better here than at the other resorts we've stayed at in the past and plenty to drink. I've read the reviews about the smell and it wasn't that bad, your going to have that at "most" places on the beach...hello!!!
    One review said they had a billfold stolen so take advantage of the in room safe. You do need to rise early to get your towel down but that's been the "norm" at all of the Resorts we've stayed at. We will come back here again and hopefully bring family and friends.

• vera-s's Profile Photo

Loved the Riu Palace Las Americas!

They say first impressions count...Well, upon arriving our luggage was taken from us and delivered to our room, we were served a free cocktail and, as it was our honeymoon, we were upgraded to a suite free of charge! What more could you ask for?!

The suite consited of a huge bed and sofa and tv area which led out to a balcony, a walk in wardrobe, a bathroom with separate bath, shower and 2 sinks and a second tv area with couch, mini bar and optics which were filled up with free spirits daily.

We were all inclusive which meant we had the option of either turning up to the huge buffet any time we liked or pre-booking one of the several top notch restaurants which included tapas, japanese, brazillian, gourmet and steakhouse. The service in all the restaurants was consistently good and the food in the restaurants was outstanding. I always looked forward to my meals and never felt the need to venture out of the hotel for something to eat.

There's 2 pool areas, one with a walk up pool bar which was often quite lively or a more sedate pool which was surrounded by only a few double loungers, perfect for those on a romantic break. The private beach area was also very nice, sometimes quite busy but never overcrowded. There are constantly waiters in attendance who walk around the beach and pool areas and fetch you free drinks as and when required. I often felt quite guilty about this but there's no denying it was pure luxury!

At night there's a few bars within the hotel with barstaff who really did make our stay memorable. Again, you just can't fault the service. The hotel staff also put on a different show every night of the week which is an entertaining way to start off your night with a few free all inclusive drinks before venturing out onto the strip.

All in all, I love the Riu Palace Las Americas!

• changeinlatitude's Profile Photo

Riu Palace - All Inclusive

The Riu Palace Cancun is very nice. It is all inclusive which means you get your premium stocked bar and refrigerator. If you want a different kind a beer, don't worry, there plenty of little shops within a very short walking distance to find what you need.

The service is very good. The breakfast and lunch buffetts are great, however, I would recommend going off the resort for dinner. There a lot of very good restaurants in Cancun. I will list a few for you in my tips.

Children are welcome and they do offer a baby sitting service. There are two pools. The "quiet pool" and the "party pool".

Because we usually go in a large group, it is hard for me to give you a price range as far as our stay goes on most of these trips, but I will do my best.

Directions: Hotel District.

More about Riu Palace Las Americas

Riu Palace Cancun, Heaven Plus

I have to tell you folks, this place is awesome, well beyond my expectations. I travelled for the first time in years with my girl, we decided on Mexico and had originally booked at the Riu Cancun, once there we were offered the chance to upgrade to the Palace, well, I have to tell you, what an experience. The place is so beautiful, clean, friendly, efficient. The restaurants and food were excellent and an abundance of food, no complaints. The bartenders and staff were extremely knowledgeable as well as friendly and helpful. The rooms were so clean and a beautiful view which had you looking over the ocean and pool area. The location was excellent for shopping/dining/really anything you wanted to do. Can't wait to go back, still in awe. If you are thinking of going here, go ahead, you will not be sorry.

RIU Palace treats you like a king and queen

My husband and I arrived on March 26 and for one week were treated like royalty. The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful. The food was excellent and offered a great variety. The entertainment staff provided fun around the pool and great shows at night. They went out of their way to ensure everyone felt welcomed and had a good time. The rooms were spotless and the maid service was great. It was a week of paradise and we have nothing but great memories of our stay there.

Travel Agent's Opnion

You could not ask for more!! The RIU Palace was great. I have stayed at her sister hotel next door, RIU Cancun in 2003, and liked it as well, however I would pay the extra money and stay at the RIU Palace!! The food was great, never boring, and the staff were friendly as could be. The rooms were very nice and big, however not all rooms have balcony's, just make sure to stay away from the 8th floor. The 5th floor has great rooms/views. The shows were to be expected, Michael Jackson show was great. 2 pools with great views over looking the ocean, one quiet pool, one pool with swim-up bar, and music, it's nice to have a choice! The beach was good, a little rocky in some areas, they had allot of lounge chairs, never need to fight to get one. Overall as travel agent I would give this resort a full 5 1/2 stars, if people are not happy with this resort, they never will be, and were born with a silverspoon in there mouth

Exactly what I expected from a Riu and more

I am a travel agent, and I have stayed at many Riu Hotels. This is by far, the most beautiful resort I have stayed at. The staff were wonderful, the rooms were beautiful with most of them being ocean view, the entertainment staff always had something going on. The only thing that I can say that I did not like was that if you did not have your towel on a chair by 730am, there was no luck that you would find one. Also be careful as the floors are very slippery. There were alot of people at the resort that had bruises from slipping in their bathroom. Overall, this is a resort for couples and families. It is quite, Not for single people. Definatley a 5 star.

Best place we ever stayed 6*

We just got back from a week at the Riu Palace, and it was my first time in Cancun, we originally booked at the Riu Cancun and upon arrival the front desk offered us to move to the Riu Palace which was right next door, i was suspicious at first, but the Riu cancun let me go to the Riu Palace and check it out before making my decision, after seeing the resort it was a true Palace so we decided to make the switch, the staff at the Palace was more then helpful, you just dont see people this freindly in the USA and so willing to serve you.The food was EXCELLENT and there was 6 different resturant to choose from other then the buffett which was also excellent however you do need to wear pants at night in the restuarants or they dont let you in, the Palace has entertainment every night at 10pm, I strongly recommend you see the " Michael Jackson" show,I'm not a big fan of Michael Jackson but the show was incrediable.There is 2 swimming pools, one pool as activities all day with a swim up bar and the other pool is quiet.If you like night life and the bar scene, the activity directors leave on a bus every night at 11pm and go to a differnet night club each night and you get VIP service once you get to the club by going with the Hotel staff, the bus is free transportation to the clubs and " Senor Frogs" is a fun place and i highly recommend it.I am in my mid 30's and we took this vacation during the tail end of spring break, there is no spring breakers allowed at this hotel...Room service makes up your room twice a day, in the morning , and then again at night they turn down your bed sheets and close your drapes for the evening, once again i have never seen such good service, your room is also fully stocked with Corona and Tequilla...Neeldless to say, I highly recomend this hotel and cant wait to go back next year.

Excellent Resort

Great resort to book now, because you won't get a bargain this time next year. I agree with all the other good reviews it's really pretty. All the restaurants all excellent and drinks are plentiful. If you're looking for nightlife it's not here, but there are plenty of good bars close by. Pretty much a family resort, there were a few topless women but most are next door at the RIU Cancun, which you have full privilages. All in all a very nice resort, would highly recommend it if you're looking for a laid back vacation. Men be sure to take long pants they strickly inforce this rule for dinner.

Loved it.

I used this site to do a lot of research so I though I should return the favor.

We were bumped out of the Riu Playa to Palace Las Americas in Cancun. We knew a few days before we left. I was annoyed, but my travel agent told me not to worry. We stayed 7 nights.

He was right.

Food- excellent
Service - great
Drinks - excellent
Atmosphere - Excellent.
Water - drank what they brought to the table. They said hotel water was purified. Drank lots of iced drinks. No problems at all.

We tried a couple of the specialty restaurants, but we mainly ate at the buffet restaurant. Everywhere the food was great.

Getting up early to "reserve" (put our stuff on) our deck chairs with an umbrella was a little bit of a pain...but if you didn't you were out in the sun all day.

As for excussions, we were so relaxed we never left the hotel.

Airport - In cancun, feels like you're getting attacked once you get through customs. Everyone and their mother trys to pull you aside. What's confusing is that half of these people are in airport uniforms.

One guy said he was only trying to give us some info so we were not taken advantage of while in Cancun. He took my papers - which made me very uneasy - then he showed us a map of cancun, showed us our hotel, told us a cab ride to our hotel should cost 40 pesos....then he specifically referenced the Apple orientation at the hotel and told us not to go "because they just want to sell you stuff." Then he gave me my papers back...I guess he was being helpful..but it was strange. I trusted Apple.

My advice...blow-past everyone like you can't understand them. get outside to the busses and find an Apple / your package rep. Don't let you're bags go untill you do.

From then on it's clear sailing.

There were a decent amount of kids...but we went over Easter break. The croud overall was a bit older. My wife and i are 34. Not a young, party, drink-till-you-drop kind of place. Classy.

Great time. Can't wait to go again.

Riu Palace Las Americas ?

by jancie

I will be staying at the Riu Palace Las Americas in Feb. I have some questions if anyone has stayed there. Some about the rooms and some about exchange privileges. Thanks

Re: Riu Palace Las Americas ?

by Kaspian

The Riu's brand spanking new, so not many people have stayed there, that's why there's not any responses to this topic so far. I saw them building it awhile ago. It's rated 5 stars on most sites. TripAdvisor rates it as #6 out of 170 hotels in Cancun. (Read the guest reviews there www.tripadvisor.com)
The bottom line is, hey it's a 5-star Riu so the room will be great. If somebody isn't happy withat a place like that (i.e., Utopia realized), there's absolutely no hope for them. Most of the VTers I've met like to get out and get dirty seeing the reality of a country, I'm a mostly like that--I think this Riu would be way too upscale for my blood, I'm too much of a commoner. They have greek statues IN the swimming pool.
For me it would be like eating at the fanciest restaurant in Los Angeles when I'd rather be at a local pub drinking from the bottle. Hope this helps a little. There are some incredible photos here.
Cheers, Ed.