Royal Sands

Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 2 reviews

Tags

Spa and Resort
See Amenities

Royal Sands resort is nice if you like cigar

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 15, 2011

This resort is nice if you like cigar smoke. Nowhere to hide from the smoke. Every smoker in America seems to flock to the royal resorts not ONE non smoking area at all. They smoke everywhere, bathrooms, restaurant and lobby. We checked into the Royal Sands on Saturday 8th floor. They started demo jack hammers on the 4th floor all day. We complained and they promised they would only do work on Saturday until 4PM. Early Sunday morning they started again with hammering. Again on Monday, all day hammering. This ruined our experience of watching the US Open semi-finals because it was so loud. They said it’s policy and they did not care about making us happy at all. Every person that stayed in our building was mad about the construction.

This week is a big group of rowdy African Americans and the men are getting drunk and throwing over the trashcans in the bathroom and making a big mess. The bar just keeps on serving them the liquor and they are getting drunker and louder. I did not feel safe in the bathroom.
Last year they were doing painting of the unit next door and we complained then and did not get any satisfaction at all. We smelled paint fumes all week long. This was at the Sands. The following week we had purchased an additional week at the Mayan. We stayed at the Royal Mayan and they were doing major construction on the Royal resort next door. It was jackhammers all day long. They moved us to the Royal Islander where the noise was a little better. Still a HUGE inconvenience. I see all the positive comments but I hear a total different story when I talk to the other residents. This Royal resorts chain is not managed well at all. Customer comes second every time. Please check with them and get it in writing that they will not be doing any renovation near you when you book your stay or you will definitely not be happy.

jeffwms24's Profile Photo

Great hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 3, 2006

The place was amazing. It had everything we needed right there. Grocery/Liquor store, resturants, etc. The setting was great. we had a great view of the Carribean from our room. We also had a balcony that over looked the pool as well as the beach.

Unique Quality: Typical resort hotel. I would say it was a 4 star.

galat's Profile Photo
galat Aug 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM

In order to write a honest review, I need to say: I am a Villa owner( M5539). Then my point of view is different from a regular hotel guest. ( If you find the same review in the Tripadvisor section is mine also)
a) The location is very good, next to Kukulcan Mall and a short walk from La Isla Mall (shopping paradise).
b) The units are big, comfortable design space with balconies and beautiful sea views.
c) The Hotel system is very good and the maintenance team works fine.
d) The hotel is clean and the white sand beach is wide and beautiful.
e) As a owner, I pay $ 960 Us every year for maintenance. At the I need to pay for meals and drinks. The restaurants are not so expensive, just at night.
f) I paid an additional All Inclusive fee, but it did not work for me. I needed to eat and drink all day long.
g) The inside grocery on premise is a little bit expensive. But you can bring your own food.
As a Hotel guest
a) A week villa rental is expensive ( week 31) $ 2,600.00 US for 6 people ( plus one kid, normally nobody say nothing). More people and you are asked for additional $ 25.00 Us.
b) My advice: Rent from an owner. ( 1,000-1,200 US )
c) Look for a good deal HERE !!!!!

Nearby Royal Sands

Royal Sands

• Royal Sands Cancun
  • Cancun Royal Sands Resort
  • Royal Sands Resort Cancun
  • The Royal Sands Hotel Cancun

Address: Blvd Kukulcan No. 32 Seccion A, Segunda Etapa, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, 77500, Mexico

3 Photos of Royal Sands

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Cancún Travel Forum

Need advice about Cancún, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Cancún and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cancún hotel reviews