Royal Sands

Blvd Kukulcan No. 32 Seccion A, Segunda Etapa, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, 77500, Mexico

The Royal Sands
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

• Royal Sands resort is nice if you like cigar

This resort is nice if you like cigar smoke. Nowhere to hide from the smoke. Every smoker in America seems to flock to the royal resorts not ONE non smoking area at all. They smoke everywhere, bathrooms, restaurant and lobby. We checked into the Royal Sands on Saturday 8th floor. They started demo jack hammers on the 4th floor all day. We complained and they promised they would only do work on Saturday until 4PM. Early Sunday morning they started again with hammering. Again on Monday, all day hammering. This ruined our experience of watching the US Open semi-finals because it was so loud. They said it’s policy and they did not care about making us happy at all. Every person that stayed in our building was mad about the construction.

This week is a big group of rowdy African Americans and the men are getting drunk and throwing over the trashcans in the bathroom and making a big mess. The bar just keeps on serving them the liquor and they are getting drunker and louder. I did not feel safe in the bathroom.
    Last year they were doing painting of the unit next door and we complained then and did not get any satisfaction at all. We smelled paint fumes all week long. This was at the Sands. The following week we had purchased an additional week at the Mayan. We stayed at the Royal Mayan and they were doing major construction on the Royal resort next door. It was jackhammers all day long. They moved us to the Royal Islander where the noise was a little better. Still a HUGE inconvenience. I see all the positive comments but I hear a total different story when I talk to the other residents. This Royal resorts chain is not managed well at all. Customer comes second every time. Please check with them and get it in writing that they will not be doing any renovation near you when you book your stay or you will definitely not be happy.

• jeffwms24's Profile Photo

Great hotel

The place was amazing. It had everything we needed right there. Grocery/Liquor store, resturants, etc. The setting was great. we had a great view of the Carribean from our room. We also had a balcony that over looked the pool as well as the beach.

Unique Quality: Typical resort hotel. I would say it was a 4 star.

• miclev21's Profile Photo

All of the Royals are wonderful.

I have been to all of the Royal hotels and each are unique and very, very nice. We have been going here since 1991 when no one knew what Cancun was.

The spa, that is included with a small fee, is wonderful. The views are gorgeous, the accomadations are wonderful and the people who work are great.

Unique Quality: Swim up pool bars, Spa ammenities, Crafts, Happy Hours, etc.

More about Royal Sands

Great vacation at Royal Sands

by TripAdvisor Member sunshine315

I stayed at the Royal Sands Oct 26-Nov 2 2004. It was a terrific vacation. I have been to Cancun 4 out of the last 6 years but this was the first time I stayed at the Royal Sands and I was not sorry. I cannot say anything negative about the property or the staff and service. There are 2 main pools to choose from in either Phase I or Phase II, the pool in Phase II is a little bit smaller and quieter but the lounge chairs in the pool sold me on the larger pool in Phase I. I spent my week there. I loved this place so much that I did not do any of the side trips I planned as just spending time here was relaxing enough. The Royal Sands is a timeshare property, however the sales staff are very low key. I finally met with a salesperson my 4th day there and was so impressed I bought a week. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the property as well as the beautiful decor and size of the rooms. The grocery store on site was very reasonably priced and really convenient. There is a business center where you can check e mails and many activities are planned during the week. I am excited about returning as evryone I met there was friendly and made me feel at home.

Royal Sands Resort and Spa in Cancun

Message: I wanted to leave a post about this resort becuase I have started to see special travels deals to this destination in the Boston Globe!Me and my wife went to the Royal Sands Resort and Spa last year, we could not find any info on it but the price thru Liberty Travel was too good to pass up ( $799, air and hotel one week)On a scale of 1 to 10 ( ten being best) this resort rates 9, it was excellent! For starters it is practically brand new, on a fantastic beach and is within walking distance to Plaza Kukulcan! The attached spa is fantastic and well worth spending a few dollars on treatments!The rooms, all suites ( one bedroom w/ separate living and kitchen) also possible to get a lock-off studio, thereby making it a two bedroom suite ( can rent studio also as seperate entity) all have balconies facing pool and ocean!Rooms are immaculate, marble floors, excellent appliances in kitchen, excellent Pier One Style furniture ( wicker and soft fabrics) it looks like Martha Stewart decorated the place! Ceiling fans in living and bedrooms, central air! cable tv and phones!Amenities: 2 or 3 pools, swim up pool bar, direct beachfront access, showers at beach to get salt off! lifegard on beach! cocktail service and waitresses on beach and pool patios! activities director each day does some group thing at 4pm, line dancing, games etc etc, large enough pool area that you can avoid the noisy area if you dont like it!Food - on site supermart - small but packed with goodies, full ligour and beer and wine, meats, frozen foods, fruits, veggies, fresh bread and pastries each day! dont even need cash, use your Royal Resorts swipe card and tally your bill onto your room charge!Dining - at least three places to eat, breakfast buffet was great, I usually hate buffets but this one was good ( we ate mostly in our room for breakfast becuase it was easier and the view from our patio was so nice! ( oh yeah - large, large patios, with heavy duty furniture, wrought iron furniture, extra heavy padding, easy to fall asleep in!) lunch from the poolside grill was excellent, basic but good! dinner we never tried, we always went out for that!Well, sounds too good to be true right! There is a catch! The Royal Sands Resort and Spa is part of the Royal Reosrts group of properties ( in Cancun they have the Royal Mayan, Royal Islander and Royal Sands) they have one more property on some carribean island! This is a time share company, and the Royal Sands is their latest and greatest property, its not quite filled up yet so they are selling spaces to charter companies! this also gives them an opportunity to try to sell vacationers! the sales staff are extremely freindly and never over step their boundaries, but, the do want you to spend sometime with them, i guess you could avoid them but i decided i wanted to find out more about timeshare so i went to breakfast with a salesperson and we spent about 3 hours discussing ownership, for us it was not what we were looking for, about 25 grand to buy a week, we are not sure we want to coem to cancun every year for our lifetime ( i know you can trade the week off for some other week somewhere else) so we passed and they were gracious, im sure they will sell htem all, the place is a gem! so i hope this helps if you have seen any offers for the royal sand resorts, check it out! we loved it

Live The Royal Life at The Royal Sands Resort & Spa

We were at the Royal Sands Resort From September 27-October 4, 2003. It was the best vacation we have ever taken by far. We didn't want to leave the resort, apart from just being beautiful, everything was there to enjoy, the pools, the pool bars, the restaurant, the BEACH. The staff was wonderful and very helpful in every way possible. The grocery store in the resort was nice, they even let us take the grocery cart to our villa, no hauling alot of groceries, that was great. The pool bar has happy hour from 3pm-5pm, drinks are 1/2 price, we had a great time there, especially with the staff, they were GREAT. The food at the LaVeranda Restaurant was good. The beach was perfect, but we couldn't snorkle due to high winds and surf, that was the only drawback. If you decide to stay here, say Hello to Eduardo and Jose Luis, they are waiters at the pool bar, excellent service and helpful. We are planning another trip, hopefully next summer, and we will be staying at the Royal Sands Resort, hands down the BEST place to stay.

I would recommend any of the...

by Grechn

I would recommend any of the Royal resorts in Cancun with the exception of International, it is not as nice as the others and the service is not up to par. The only nice thing about it is if you have small children it is not as windy and does not have as many waves, but if they are going to swim in the pool it doesn't matter anyway. The Royal Sands has a workout facility that is rivaled by the others, it has a Spa on the premises. It offers aerobics and weight machines that the others never used to have. It also offers services such as massages, facials, rubdowns etc...

The Royal Resorts (there a...

by denver662

The Royal Resorts (there a number of affiliated locations along hotel row). This chain of resorts are timeshares. A group of us went in together and 'rented' a timeshare from some friends. The resort had great rooms with full kitchens, cable, air conditioning, etc. The pool was nice but the pool bar was even better. What is nice is that you use a card to buy everything and just pay when you check out. The card is good at the other resorts which makes it very convenient.

One of the best places properties in the world. Must see before you die!

If you never been in Cancun or even been there plenty of times you have to stay in Royal Sands. Considered the best timeshare property in the world, Royal Sands will suprise you. 2-bedroom spacious villa overlooking the carribean is the best you can ever imagine.

Incredible place

Ditto to all the accolades for the Royal Sands. It was one of the most beautiful resorts I've ever been to. Immaculate, fresh, the staff was extremely friendly, the view was spectacular, and the spa was to die for. For $8.00 a day you could spend as much time as you like at the spa working out on state of the art equipment, enjoying the sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, etc. Services such as massages and facials are extra, but are exquisite. Very luxurious! I am the lady from Detroit the previous reviewer mentioned, and it's true, I booked my room through hotels.com for $59/night. However, this was for the lock-off which is like a standard hotel room with 2 double beds. I regret not booking the suite which I could have had for only $99/night that would have included a living room, full kitchen, and huge balcony with beautiful patio furniture and an incredible view. Unfortunately, I've already checked hotels.com because I want to go right back, but the prices are much higher now - tis the season!! One of the other great things about the Royal Sands are the wonderful people you meet there!
It's so nice to watch families and friends enjoying themselves so much.
The gentleman from Boston who wrote the previous revue was delightful, and gave us all his magazines!!!!! Thank you again!

Where do I sign?

I had no plans to buy a timeshare, but I couldn't help myself. The place makes you feel like a king. You're free to bring your own cooler to the pool, but why? The drinks and food are very resonable, and the staff is very freindly and fun. We stayed at the Royal Sunset March 1-8, 2003, and just happened upon the Royal Sands. After an extensive tour, I was sold. But before we made our decision, we spent an afternoon chatting with other owners. Most people had already purchased additional weeks. It has a perfect beach, flawless sand, very good surf, and top-shelf service under your free thatch umbrella. I have the last week in April - can't wait!

time share presentation, a nigthmare?

by mexicancurious

I had no plans to buy a timeshare, but I couldn't help myself. I spend 1 week in Royal Sands Cancun, the place makes you feel like a king. You're free to bring your own cooler to the pool, but why? The drinks and food are very reasonable, and the staff is very friendly and fun. We stayed at the Royal Sunset March, 2003, and just happened upon the Royal Sands. After an extensive tour, I was sold. But before we made our decision, we spent an afternoon chatting with other owners. Most people had already purchased additional weeks. It has a perfect beach, flawless sand, very good surf, and top-shelf service under your free thatch umbrella. I have the last week in April - can't wait!. so, my point it's, if you're planning to spend some money in evry years vacation, better take a look to this ownership program, it's very flexible, you will see..

by pedrocarlos

You write like a sales agent!!
=)))

by globetrott

and how much did you pay to be able to to go there once a year for a week, at a fixed time, no matter wether you are able to really go there every year.

Did you check on the extra-expenses you have to pay each year ??

Maybe there is a flood next year or an epedemy like "birds-flu" exactely in that week that it yours...

I think it is much better to put the same amount of money on a bank-account or on the stock-market and make a great vacation every year on the interest

by darthmilmo

I agree, it looks like an advertisement.

Anyway, as a Mexican I have to say that I totally hate Cancun. It's too touristy and too Americanized. Hence, not the real Mexico.

I also have to agree with the prev poster and say I hate time shares... they are often too expensive and too firm. Please check the terms closely before purchasing it.

BTW, if you'd like to spend some time in the Mexiocan Rivera, then i'd suggest Tulum, ,Playa del Carmen, or even better Isla Holbox (though this last one is in the Guld of Mexico technically).

suerte,
Fernando

Re: Re: time share presentation, a nigthmare?

by mexicancurious

I have paid about 670$ for the week, but I have 1 villa, can split in two separated room. I have a big family and often used to travel together, so next year, my sister and her husband will be join us, and shared the maintenance fee.

I love Cancun, I have been traveling for the last 4 years and yes, sometimes it's crowd, but I love diving, and the sun, and the sand... And I don´t like very much arriving at different hotels and every time the service is different, and often very bad. But it works on me! not evreyone

• galat's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM

In order to write a honest review, I need to say: I am a Villa owner( M5539). Then my point of view is different from a regular hotel guest. ( If you find the same review in the Tripadvisor section is mine also)
    a) The location is very good, next to Kukulcan Mall and a short walk from La Isla Mall (shopping paradise).
    b) The units are big, comfortable design space with balconies and beautiful sea views.
    c) The Hotel system is very good and the maintenance team works fine.
    d) The hotel is clean and the white sand beach is wide and beautiful.
    e) As a owner, I pay $ 960 Us every year for maintenance. At the I need to pay for meals and drinks. The restaurants are not so expensive, just at night.
    f) I paid an additional All Inclusive fee, but it did not work for me. I needed to eat and drink all day long.
    g) The inside grocery on premise is a little bit expensive. But you can bring your own food.
    As a Hotel guest
    a) A week villa rental is expensive ( week 31) $ 2,600.00 US for 6 people ( plus one kid, normally nobody say nothing). More people and you are asked for additional $ 25.00 Us.
    b) My advice: Rent from an owner. ( 1,000-1,200 US )
    c) Look for a good deal HERE !!!!!