Blvd Kukulcan Km 9 Zona Hotelera, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

Costs about the same, but rated 12% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Cancún

Tulum - MexicoTulum - Mexico

Local entertainment at the HotelLocal entertainment at the Hotel

view from roomview from room

Looks CAlm-But look outLooks CAlm-But look out

Independent tours

by BonnieBirge

I am planning a trip to Cancun and would like to know the name of a reliable independent tour operator and where I can find them in Cancun. We would like to rent a van for 4 people with a driver for a trip to Chichen Itza/Ek Balam and Tulum/Coba. Thanks for your help.

Bonnie

Re: Independent tours

by brkilbourne

Private tours by Carlos Flores Rodriquez from the US 011-52-1-998-860-5523. Hire Carlos for private tours around Cancun. Great driver, speaks English, great rates, knowledgeable about the area, He took us to Chichen Itza and Ek Balam. Since you leave earlier than tour buses and you get there faster you have a lot more time at the ruins. We also stopped for lunch at a very good restaurant in Valladolid and shopped alittle before heading to Ek Balam. You pay him ( negotiable) $200.00 plus his lunch, plus $17.00 for toll road, ruins fee $5.50, tour guide $ 45.00 and tip.
It came out to about $350.00 for 4 people. $90.00 each. I liked it better than the rush of the bus tour. The Ek Balam site is special, you can climb this pyramid and the big tour buses don.t go there.
Carlos 998-860-5523
in mexico 044-998-860-5523
call from cell phone 998-860-5523
call from us 011-52-1-998-860-5523

Re: Independent tours

by BonnieBirge

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your life to give me this info, I greatly appreciate it and will try Carlos.

Thanks again!

Bonnie

Travel Tips for Cancún

Hotel Zone in Cancun

by katalinarunning

The hotel zone is where the beaches are. And they are indeed beautiful. The sand is very white and never gets hot--even in the heat of the day. Choose your hotel by deciding what you want to do. For example, if you want to swim in the ocean, make sure your hotel has a nice beach where the water is not too rough. Those closer to the point have rougher water. The point is where the action is as far as restaurants and shopping. So if you're more interested in those things, choose one on the point. The buses cover the entire length. Soem hotels are all inclusive, but we chose not to do this because we wanted to be out and about a lot. We were told not to drink the water and we didn't. We all still had a mild stomach discomfort for about three weeks after returning from the first trip. After the second trip, the discomfort was milder and did not last as long. My fondest memory of Cancun is the sheer beauty of the place. There were always blue skies and sunshine, beautiful clear blue water and beautiful hotels. I also remember the day trips, Chichen Itza and Isla Mujeres, which were new experiences and great fun. The tour guides were wonderful. They were very friendly and witty. If you are a drinker, the cat to Isla Mujeres supplied all you wanted. The people in Cancun know you are a tourist spending your money there and they will try very hard to please you.

Warm Breezes and Fantastic Beaches

by Bwana_Brown

There are at least two great things about Cancun - the fantastic beaches and the many activities that are available (pyramid tours, snorkeling, wind sailing, etc.). It was nice to be able to relax by the beach or pool one day and then take a tour the next day! The warm breezes off the Caribbean Sea as the big waves rolled ashore! Photo taken just a few minutes walk from our condo - at the Sun Palace Resort pool area looking north along Hotel Strip.

Having a meal by the sea

by spgood301

If not at the hotel pool, I may also have been found here. The CasaMagna Resort also has an outstanding beach view grill, mere feet from the beautiful blue Caribbean Sea. I ate lunch here just about every day. In the shade, just hanging out watching the waves. It was hard to get me to move from there. There's simply nothing more relaxing to me.

I wonder if this should also be a restaurant tip... The shrimp quesadillas. Mmmmm...

The beautiful Caribbean

by Laura_Mexico

A view of the beautiful Caribbean sea, from my hotel.... What do I miss the most???? This gorgeous sea is one of the things I miss the most of Cancun...!! Beautiful to look at, calm (when there are no hurricanes!), warm... just spectacular and unique!!

LUNCH TIME...

...for me a...

by Lys-Noir

LUNCH TIME...

...for me a salad or

a *mexican* hamburger (at least the sauce was HOT!!) and french fries - a lot of them...so there were our hotel pet friends coming along sharing them - TRUE they loved salted french friens!
Again, never seen such thing - lizards eating French fries !!

Comments