Quetzal 33, Club de Golf, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

Scorpio Divers CancunScorpio Divers Cancun

Xel-Ha, Cancun, MexicoXel-Ha, Cancun, Mexico

Garn Caribe RealGarn Caribe Real

Great Decoration and FurnishingsGreat Decoration and Furnishings

Using the internet for my trip:

by jenniferne59

This will be the first time I will not be using a travel agent. I am planning a trip to Cancun in April for my husband and I,my son and his wife. When booking with Expedia is it difficult to book a vacation pkg? Also do they ask for your passport information. We all have our passports but I just want to make sure I have all the information ready when I finally book the trip. Is Expedia the best site to book a vacation pkg?

by GrumpyDiver

There are many routes to do this and Expedia, Travelocity, are just consolidators. I've used them before, but it may or may not give you the best price. I would also look at tour companies and airline web sites to see how their prices compare. I'm looking at a winter vacation and the best price I'm looking at right now are through an airline. You don't state where you live, so I can't make any specific recommendations on other sites.

by leics

If you are not going to use a travel agent (I never do) then I do not really see the point of using something like Expedia. Basically, they are acting as a travel agent anyway.

It's much better to do your own booking of flight using the carrier's website, and acommodation through many of the internet booking agencies (or the hotel itself). That way you have absolute control over what you are doing and paying.

i'm sure Vt-ers will be able to recommend reliable hotel booking sites, if you wish to take this route. For carriers, www.skyscanner.net will be useful.

by jenniferne59

We are all from Nebraska and will be staying at the Royal in Cancun. We will be flying out of Omaha (OMA) airport.

by Gatopardo

sidestep.com is algo a good one when it's about comparing prices.

=)

by Aloe9678

I haven't used Expedia, but I have been asked for my passport number every time I've booked a trip out of the U.S. in the past couple years. Have fun in Cancun!

by YVRDave

You can book the whole package on the Royal Cancun's website. I have done this myself

by Dabs

I've used Expedia, Orbitz, Apple and FunJet to book vacations in Cancun/Riveria Maya. The package deals usually are cheaper than booking the components separately, you should compare a few if you're overly concerned with price. I've never had any trouble with using any of the above so I just go with who has the best deal, sometimes I book online and a couple of times I've called them and found a better deal than what I was seeing on the internet.

by ViajesdelMundo

I just looked at AMERICAN AIRLINES going fr Omaha to Cancun 2nd wk of April and they have great connections vis DFW and various fares of course, but I clcked on a combo that totalled only $396/pp! (I usually have to pay that just to get from CABO to DFW or PHX, SAN, etc.)

Also, AMERICAN has a great VACATION PACKAGE dept., just click on that, which also give you extra AIR MILES.

Their website always requests the pertinent info as you book, including emergency contact, etc., thus saving time at check-in.

Travel Tips for Cancún

Monty's Revenge

by raymillsus

I saw this on a different site and it seems like good advice, take it for what
you will. I am going the first time in Sept 05.

I have read that you should take lactobacillus (sometimes called acidophilus).
Start taking a few days before you go (3x day with meals) and continue to take
while on holidays. It works by putting the good bacteria back into your system.
You should also drink plenty of water a be careful of salads, asking if they
wash their vegatbles with purified water.
For more information check out mapchick's site @ mapchick.com

This is Candylady's post from Trip advisor anyone who has looked at the site
knows she has good advice.

Do the Lactobacillis thing......Absolutely Works!!! Promotes digestional health
by putting the "good bacteria" in your body. It will fight off quite a bit. I
use it religiously. Never been sick and I've been to Mexico many times. Never been but ask me later this year and I will tell you.

You must go south of Cancun to...

by islacomm

You must go south of Cancun to get a taste of the less touristy side of the Riviera Maya or the Mayan Riviera (your choice) as it is known. Cancun is only a tiny part of the Yucatan Peninsula and not necessarily the most interesting and definitely not the cultural high spot of the area. Sitting on the Zubul Reef beach after a day of snorkeling and sun, drinking a cold beer and eating fish tacos.

ISLA MUJERES
Little island...

by SirRichard

ISLA MUJERES
Little island located at the north of Cancun. You can get there from Cancun (Pier at Av. Kuculcan) or from Puerto Juarez (little town at the coast in front of the island).
A nice day trip. Main attractions:
Playa Cocos. At the north end there is a little beach where you can walk from the shore for more than 10 minutes without getting the water above your knees. Great for children!
Parque El Garrafón. Good place for snorkeling, it has a coral reef, so it's like a huge natural swimming pool with little fishes. They rent all kind of items for snorkeling. There are little pools by the sea where you can swim amongst sharks and turtles!!

As I like to be more under the...

by Ronald_T

As I like to be more under the local people then under tourists, I found out on the first day that only 500 metres from our hotel was a public beach (hotel beaches are private), called “Playa Langoste” (lobster in English). There were two big reasons to visit this beach for me. First, the drinks were 50 % cheaper then on the hotel beach ;-) The second reason was that the beach and people were nicer then the on the hotel. You can also see here this real Spanish Galleons (made in China *lol*). More info about those galleons you find under “Restaurant tips”. Playa Langosta is not the only public beach in the hotel zone. For us it was only the nearest place. Others are: Playa Las Perlas, Playa Juventud, Playa Linda, Playa Tortugas, Playa Caracol, Playa Chac-Mool, Yamil Lu´um, Playa Marlín, Playa Ballenas, San Miguelito and Playa Delfines. That I do not have more pictures about Playa Langoste is that I am not a sunbather and I had too much fun there and forgot to take pictures ;-)

Its a Bread!!

by ATXtraveler

Its always interesting to see the differences in words that are normal in one language, but have a very different connotation in other languages.

Here, Sarah is enjoying a leisure stroll in Cancun, and we run into a Bimbo on the road! Luckily, this is just bimbo bread!!!

Comments