Sunset Royal Cancun Resort

Boulevard Kukulkan Km 10 Lote 13b, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• sunset group SCAM TOURIST BE AWARE!!!

SUNSET GROUP SCAM!!!!TOURISTS BE AWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT BUY TIMESHARES!!! SUNSET GROUP IS SCAMERS!
    Sunset Group

Blvd. Kukulcan K.m. 10.5

Cancun, Q. Roo, 77500, Mexico

(52) 998-881-45-00 Ext.
    Membership/Contract number #19-1-987
    From October 18th 2009 we visited Mexico. During our visit we attended the Royal Sunset club and Club Lagoon Timeshare presentation in Cancun. When we declined the purchase of the timeshare we were given a presentation for the Royal Sunset the Dream package. The salesman ISA LELTK and General Sales Manager Alfredo Poot promised that if we purchased this package now, today our family of 5 or our friends would always be staying in the best PRESIDENTIAL suite/ ocean view in the most distinguished resort in the world for 5 REGISTERED WEEKS FREE OPTIONAL, or we can have 1week CORPORATE or VIP WEEK for $699 everywhere in the world. We were told that all of the places to choose from where the high 5star quality of service. We were told that if we bought the package and signed the contract we would be insured that our family will have vacations through Sunset group forever from as today.
    We did sign the contract and first of all sunset group over charged my credit card. Then I had to pay the fees for transfers overseas.i had file the claim with my credit card, and only after they completed the investigation sunset group had to return the difference. That happened in February. Secondly I have booked my family vacation through sunset group and I had difficult time with communication with Ivan and Sally to order my “presidential suite” I was promised transportation from airport and optional (all-inclusive) in the hotel. So when my sister with family arrived on February 17th – 22nd it was horrible and the worst vacation they ever had. They never got the optional all-inclusive, their first day they had a room that was construction view and not presidential at all and we paid extra $699 for the presidential suite ocean view. After a long day of complaints they got the “presidential suite” the next day, the furniture was very worned out. The toilet was clogged with human feces and smelled horrible the custodian came to fix the bathroom only the next day.we could not unpack for two days. They were calling many times but nothing happened until my sister’s husband went to complain at the staff. They have never got the lobster dinner or even the spa that was presented during the presentation. To top all of that the golden ring was stolen from their room. Mr. Sergio Moreno offered another free week for 2010 in exchange of the ring that was stolen in their room. After that accident they were really afraid for the room service and didn’t let anyone in. It was only 5 days of vacation and my family was supposed to enjoy their vacation but never did, my sister’s husband had high pressure due to the whole situation and they never want to go back to Cancun again. My family and I don’t want to ever have this experience again. I want to cancel all business and Contract with sunset group because I feel that they took huge advantage of me..
    SUNSET GRROUP SCAMMERS!!!!!!TOURISTS BE AWARE!!!!!THEY SELL TIMESHARES JSUT TO STEAL YOUR MONEY!!!!DO NOT GO TO ROYAL SUNSET CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BE ALERT!!!!!!!

Ilona Gudeniene

7s466 Olympia Ct.

Naperville IL 60540

1 (708) 743-856

Unique Quality: SUNSET GROUP ARE SCAMMER AND THEY COMMIT FRAUD AGAINST TOURISTS LIKE ME!

• Cancun's Best Resort

Service= 5/5 (the people were very nice and accomodating)
    Facilities= 5/5
    Amenities= 5/5
    I would recommend this resort to anyone visiting Mexico because it's beautiful. It will live up to anyone's expectation of a nice clean and fun vacation. The beach is awesome and the rooms are immaculate. Oh and the food was delicious...still can't ever forget their mashed potatoes.

I should also add that their pool area is very big. I just didn't get into the pool because i don't like pools. Anyway why swim in a pool when you can swim in a big beach with water just as clean.

Unique Quality: The entire place was truly outstanding. I was very pleased.

Directions: by shopping mall

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

Relax on the pool or the beach @ Royal Sunset

This is the pool area at the Royal Sunset hotel. The pool is somewhat small, and not very deep (about 1 mt. or a bit more = 3 ft.), but it has a fountain spraying water on it (you can get a light massage by placing yourself under those jets, LOL) and a couple of hot tubs in the middle (rather small too).

Almost everyday they will have "Aquaerobics" (as well as other activities and games) organized by the hotel staff which can be really fun and let you meet other people staying at the hotel...

Unique Quality: There are several chairs/beds around the pool, and there's also a semi-covered area with sand and a few hammocks to relax and listen to the sound of the waves, as it's facing the ocean... There's also the snack bar where you can eat all kind of junk (burguers, nachos, chicken nuggets, hot dogs) while relaxing and catching tan, and have a drink as well. The Strawberry Daiquiris are REALLY good, both with or without alcohol! Quite refreshing! Just a tip in case you didn't know: be careful if you're eating anything with lemon or citrics on it... don't let the lemon fall upon your skin, and if it does wash it away as soon as you can... if it stays there and you continue getting tanned, you will get an ugly stain!

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

All inclusive cool resort...

This is the hotel where I spent my second stay in Cancun. I got my stay almost for free thanks to a friend of mine who was travelling with us, including the all inclusive program, which gave us access to some cool stuff.

They have theme parties/dinners every night. You can eat and drink all you want during the day, they have buffet and a la carte dining, and a lobby bar where there is live music at night (till about midnight). Room service is also included, as well as a complimentary daily refill of sodas and beers at your room's mini-bar. The bad thing is that once you miss the breakfast hour you're screwed, cause not even the room service will take you breakfast... you'll have to eat something else (no pancakes, cereal, eggs or stuff like that will be available). Same thing with the lunch time. But what the hell... there are other things to eat. I can't say the food is the best I've eaten in my life, but it was decent and the buffets offered a good variety.

Unique Quality: The 2004 rates are more or less like this: smallest room (for 2 people): 295 USD per night. Studio room for 4 people with partial kitchen: 426 USD per night. The biggest rooms (for 6) were about 750 USD per night. This prices already cover the lodging AND the all inclusive program for the number of people in the room (full to its maximum capacity or less, no extra people allowed as far as I know).

Directions: Only a few minutes away from the bar-discotheque area in the Hotel Zone (where Sr. Frogs, Daddy 'O, Coco Bongo, etc. are located), you can even walk!

More about Sunset Royal Cancun Resort

Royal Sunset; Royal pain in the a$%@@@

Studio room was adequate for sleeping and clean. However, the pull out sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable, and there was no kitchenette . Buffet style eating got old and the main dishes served were just ok and the SAME every day. The fruits and vegetables were wonderful. Restaurant staff very friendly. Phone calls $2.00/min for 800 #'s and $7.00/min for US business and residence. Pool staff did not regularly bring drinks so we had to go to the bar every time. We found ourselves tipping in order to get service, although tips are supposedly part of the all-inclusive. If you get buzzing after two margaritia's count on getting 10 at this place because liquor was watered down. We felt unwelcome. Our overall poor experience was made worse because we were given poor advice by hotel personnel when we arrived re: all inclusive package. Everyone we met was paying different prices for their all inclusive. Beach was very small. As Cancun was a nice place to visit, I would not recommend staying at the Royal Sunset.

Royal Sunset a Royal Pain

I travelled to Cancun April 19-26, and I am writing this review immediately so as to save any of you from the hell that is the Royal Sunset experience. I understand that reviews tend to be one-sided--it is referred to as the "halo effect" in business; if one experience is bad, then all experiences are bad. Well, the Royal Sunset is bad. Everything about it is bad, and even what should be good is really a poor excuse for a 5-star rating. I have travelled to Cancun many times, and I have stayed in many hotels. RCI should be ashamed to have this hotel listed in their book--if you own this timeshare, save your week and trade for ANYTHING else. Our experience breaks down to a non-existent beach, a run-down hotel room, a dishonest staff, and food that reminds one of cafeterias in elementary schools.Cancun has the most beautiful white sand beach and clear water in the world. The Royal Sunset has no access to the beach. You have to swim under the restaurant to walk on the beach! The rocks are dangerous, and there aren't stairs. It is disappointing to see miles of beach around you, and be stuck on a dirt pile with four palapas and 100 tourists crammed into a 30-yard beach. The pool was annoying--too many dumb activities with people in costumes. Cancun should be fun, but at a 5-star resort, should the staff seriously be dressed up as Superman???The lobby was no picnic, either. There was a loud, overweight lounge singer EVERY night who sang horribly and it was too loud to even walk in the lobby!Luckily, we did not do all-inclusive, so we escaped the food, though we ate at the Chiquita Banana restaurant on the water. We had to pay 10 bucks for a tortilla chip with some shrimp on it (not a real tostada, as they claimed).The room itself was decent, but the bathtub had yellow grungy stuff around it, and the water seemed salty. The ocean view was nice, but the room was only used for sleeping anyway.In Cancun, EVERY other resort had a nice beach with more room. EVERY other resort is nicer a reservation because it is less expensive...suck it up and pay the extra $300 bucks to stay somewhere nice. A vacation should not be like this, and in Mexico, some of the greatest ocean and service exist....they just aren't to be found at the Royal Sunset.We came in the last night late, and the restaurant had closed. We were told by the concierge that we could have some hotdogs for free. He said, of course, we could have them. We waited for them to cook, then the management demanded we pay 10 bucks for them! They were not 5-star quality (the people, and the hotdogs, for that matter).The main point is to trust the reviews on this site. Don't stay here. It is a Royal Pain.Seriously. We read these reviews before we left, and thought "how bad can it be?" We thought all of you out there who complained were brats, and didn't appreciate the Mexican way of doing things. We were wrong. We should have listened, and stayed AWAY from the Royal Sunset. (As a side note, in Cancun, they only call it the "Sunset;" Even they know it isn't Royal at all).We had fun because we left the hotel every chance we had.Oh--if you go to Cancun, check out the Viviendi Restaurant across the street from Sr. Frog's for the best Italian food and greatest service you've ever had! Adios!

All Inclusive is a Great idea!

by BizzareLove about Royal Sunset Resort

This resort is large with all the necessary ammenities: Beach, Pool, Bar. When I first walked into the Resort, I was in awe. In front of the main doors is this very large, saltwater aquarium with fish bigger than me! This lovely lady offered me a Strawberry Daquiri to get my vacation started. The staff is very friendly and helpful, they don't expect tips because of the all inclusive, but if you throw them a couple of pesos.. they will always be there for you. All of the timeshare units face the beach. I loved waking up and hearing the waves rollling in and out. The free-form swimming pool is one of the neatest I've seen, and it's not deep, in case you drink too much. This resort has three restaurants onsite, one is a grass roof hut right on the beach. There is even a fancy restaurant in the center of all the rooms called the "Atrium" offering Italian cuisine. This place is absolutely beatiful.
Every night the resort has a different theme and live entertainment, the best part is, it's outdoors! During the day they have games such as bingo, I even won a t-shirt. This resort has a sister property across the way on the lagoon side with a swim-up bar and several other restaurants, that can be used if the all-inclusive package is taken.

Don't buy a timeshare here

I bought 30 weeks of timeshare at the Royal Sunset in Cancun for $2,000 when I spent my 1st week there in December 2000. I recently returned from another week in Feb 2003. Cancun is the most beautiful place I've ever been. However, I regret buying a timeshare at the Royal Sunset. They told me I wouldn't have to pay any money at all, except for when I stayed. It turns out I do have to pay a yearly fee of about $70. Also, I didn't know the timeshare was exclusively all-inclusive, so I have to pay the $50-some daily all-inclusive everytime I stay. The drinks are weak, the food is bland, and the fruit isn't always cold. The real disappointment with this last stay was a $60 charge for a vanity mirror that fell off it's arm, and a charge for a phone call that I didn't make. Raul the manager told me on the phone I would only have to pay half for the mirror, and then said he didn't tell me that on the phone. He lies.

Scam, Scam, Scam

Do NOT go here. The Royal Sunset is a scam from the moment you arrive. The food was poor, the management was rigid and annoying. We kept getting early morning phone calls from the front desk that were unnecessary and rude. We were charged for a phone call that we never made, but our maid may have... We were charged $60 for a mirror that was already faulty. The manager, RAUL, lied to my girlfriend. The beach is beautiful and the waves are fun, but there were only 6 boogie boards to share with everyone at the hotel and then on the last day we were told that they would not be availible... WHAT A JOKE! Go spend your money somewhere else.

Great trip

I just got back from a great and relaxing trip to Cancun. Admittedly, my experience will probably differ from the majority because being a college student, I was never bothered by any timeshare representatives like the other guests who were constantly hassled.I traveled with two girlfriends, and the hotel is really very nice for young people who are traveling together, but I would probably stay someplace a bit nicer if I were on a honeymoon or some other special occasion. We had the all-inclusive option, which was great, so we never had to worry about paying for any food or drinks. Unfortunately, our room didn't have a view of the ocean, but we had a larger balcony, so it was okay. Housekeeping kept the room clean, although I started to wear flip-flops whenever in the room when I began to notice that the floor was kind of dirty. Also, I noticed some tiny ants on the night table and in the bathroom. Oh, once we called housekeeping for extra hotels, and we never got them. Not sure if that was an isolated incident or not. The restaurants at the hotel were pretty good. The Italian restaurant, the Atrium, had tasty food (not the best but not horrible either). One note: the menu said that the Caesar salad would be prepared at the table, but it wasn't. Interesting. Their tiramisu wasn't really tiramisu; it was a weird spongey cake, but it tasted okay. My friends and I also had the Mayan coffee, which is specially prepared at the table by the waiter. We enjoyed the presentation, but none of us finished the coffee since the waiter added a lot of brandy, which was quite strong.Cancun beaches are INCREDIBLE, and it's a wonder that anyone who travels to Cancun would stay at a hotel that wasn't on the beach. The color is absolutely gorgeous, and the hotel offers hammocks with a wonderful ocean view, and one of the restaurants is located there: the Chiquita Banana. The waves crash right near you, and it's a lovely view. Food is pretty good; my friends and I especially enjoyed the Ceviche Cancun there.The pool is very nice although there are a lot of kids who are throwing inflatable balls around, which gets a bit annoying. There's always somebody heading activities near the pool (drinking contests, Bingo games, etc) which is kind of entertaining. One of the members of the entertainment staff, Brian, is especially memorable. Quite a character, and it's hard to miss his bright red swim trunks with "Who's Your Daddy?" printed on the back. Overall, I had a really good time in Cancun. The Royal Sunset Hotel was great; they always offer stuff to do during the day and there are nightly shows and buffets in the evening. A shuttle takes you to the major clubs downtown, but the hotel is located close enough downtown that you don't need to take a bus back when you're done dancing, and shopping is easily accessible on foot. Cancun was wonderful, and I'd probably stay at the Royal Sunset again.

Royal Sunset Hotel Cancun

by Bill193

In reading reviews on this all-inclusive hotel, it appears that some love it and others hate it. Some say the food is great, others claim it is terrible. Has anyone stayed there recently? Any comments?
Thanks.
Bill

Re: Royal Sunset Hotel Cancun

by Whatzmyname

A great website that really concentrates on hotel reviews is www.tripadvisor.com
Just click on the forums link and in the search column type in your hotel name/cancun hotels. There is reviews that is very recent and honest. Keep in mind that there are a lot of moaners out there,so take those negative remarks about some hotels with a pinch of salt....You can make up your own mind if it is reasonable or not.

Comments