Sunset Royal Cancun Resort

Expedia.com Travelocity

Tags

Spa and Resort Luxury Travel
See Amenities

sunset group SCAM TOURIST BE AWARE!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 2, 2010

SUNSET GROUP SCAM!!!!TOURISTS BE AWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT BUY TIMESHARES!!! SUNSET GROUP IS SCAMERS!
Sunset Group

Blvd. Kukulcan K.m. 10.5

Cancun, Q. Roo, 77500, Mexico

(52) 998-881-45-00 Ext.
Membership/Contract number #19-1-987
From October 18th 2009 we visited Mexico. During our visit we attended the Royal Sunset club and Club Lagoon Timeshare presentation in Cancun. When we declined the purchase of the timeshare we were given a presentation for the Royal Sunset the Dream package. The salesman ISA LELTK and General Sales Manager Alfredo Poot promised that if we purchased this package now, today our family of 5 or our friends would always be staying in the best PRESIDENTIAL suite/ ocean view in the most distinguished resort in the world for 5 REGISTERED WEEKS FREE OPTIONAL, or we can have 1week CORPORATE or VIP WEEK for $699 everywhere in the world. We were told that all of the places to choose from where the high 5star quality of service. We were told that if we bought the package and signed the contract we would be insured that our family will have vacations through Sunset group forever from as today.
We did sign the contract and first of all sunset group over charged my credit card. Then I had to pay the fees for transfers overseas.i had file the claim with my credit card, and only after they completed the investigation sunset group had to return the difference. That happened in February. Secondly I have booked my family vacation through sunset group and I had difficult time with communication with Ivan and Sally to order my “presidential suite” I was promised transportation from airport and optional (all-inclusive) in the hotel. So when my sister with family arrived on February 17th – 22nd it was horrible and the worst vacation they ever had. They never got the optional all-inclusive, their first day they had a room that was construction view and not presidential at all and we paid extra $699 for the presidential suite ocean view. After a long day of complaints they got the “presidential suite” the next day, the furniture was very worned out. The toilet was clogged with human feces and smelled horrible the custodian came to fix the bathroom only the next day.we could not unpack for two days. They were calling many times but nothing happened until my sister’s husband went to complain at the staff. They have never got the lobster dinner or even the spa that was presented during the presentation. To top all of that the golden ring was stolen from their room. Mr. Sergio Moreno offered another free week for 2010 in exchange of the ring that was stolen in their room. After that accident they were really afraid for the room service and didn’t let anyone in. It was only 5 days of vacation and my family was supposed to enjoy their vacation but never did, my sister’s husband had high pressure due to the whole situation and they never want to go back to Cancun again. My family and I don’t want to ever have this experience again. I want to cancel all business and Contract with sunset group because I feel that they took huge advantage of me..
SUNSET GRROUP SCAMMERS!!!!!!TOURISTS BE AWARE!!!!!THEY SELL TIMESHARES JSUT TO STEAL YOUR MONEY!!!!DO NOT GO TO ROYAL SUNSET CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BE ALERT!!!!!!!

Ilona Gudeniene

7s466 Olympia Ct.

Naperville IL 60540

1 (708) 743-856

Unique Quality: SUNSET GROUP ARE SCAMMER AND THEY COMMIT FRAUD AGAINST TOURISTS LIKE ME!

Cancun's Best Resort

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 17, 2009

Service= 5/5 (the people were very nice and accomodating)
Facilities= 5/5
Amenities= 5/5
I would recommend this resort to anyone visiting Mexico because it's beautiful. It will live up to anyone's expectation of a nice clean and fun vacation. The beach is awesome and the rooms are immaculate. Oh and the food was delicious...still can't ever forget their mashed potatoes.

I should also add that their pool area is very big. I just didn't get into the pool because i don't like pools. Anyway why swim in a pool when you can swim in a big beach with water just as clean.

Unique Quality: The entire place was truly outstanding. I was very pleased.

Directions: by shopping mall

Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

Relax on the pool or the beach @ Royal Sunset

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 9, 2004

This is the pool area at the Royal Sunset hotel. The pool is somewhat small, and not very deep (about 1 mt. or a bit more = 3 ft.), but it has a fountain spraying water on it (you can get a light massage by placing yourself under those jets, LOL) and a couple of hot tubs in the middle (rather small too).

Almost everyday they will have "Aquaerobics" (as well as other activities and games) organized by the hotel staff which can be really fun and let you meet other people staying at the hotel...

Unique Quality: There are several chairs/beds around the pool, and there's also a semi-covered area with sand and a few hammocks to relax and listen to the sound of the waves, as it's facing the ocean... There's also the snack bar where you can eat all kind of junk (burguers, nachos, chicken nuggets, hot dogs) while relaxing and catching tan, and have a drink as well. The Strawberry Daiquiris are REALLY good, both with or without alcohol! Quite refreshing! Just a tip in case you didn't know: be careful if you're eating anything with lemon or citrics on it... don't let the lemon fall upon your skin, and if it does wash it away as soon as you can... if it stays there and you continue getting tanned, you will get an ugly stain!

Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

All inclusive cool resort...

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 23, 2004

This is the hotel where I spent my second stay in Cancun. I got my stay almost for free thanks to a friend of mine who was travelling with us, including the all inclusive program, which gave us access to some cool stuff.

They have theme parties/dinners every night. You can eat and drink all you want during the day, they have buffet and a la carte dining, and a lobby bar where there is live music at night (till about midnight). Room service is also included, as well as a complimentary daily refill of sodas and beers at your room's mini-bar. The bad thing is that once you miss the breakfast hour you're screwed, cause not even the room service will take you breakfast... you'll have to eat something else (no pancakes, cereal, eggs or stuff like that will be available). Same thing with the lunch time. But what the hell... there are other things to eat. I can't say the food is the best I've eaten in my life, but it was decent and the buffets offered a good variety.

Unique Quality: The 2004 rates are more or less like this: smallest room (for 2 people): 295 USD per night. Studio room for 4 people with partial kitchen: 426 USD per night. The biggest rooms (for 6) were about 750 USD per night. This prices already cover the lodging AND the all inclusive program for the number of people in the room (full to its maximum capacity or less, no extra people allowed as far as I know).

Directions: Only a few minutes away from the bar-discotheque area in the Hotel Zone (where Sr. Frogs, Daddy 'O, Coco Bongo, etc. are located), you can even walk!

Nearby Sunset Royal Cancun Resort

Sunset Royal Cancun Resort

• Sunset Cancun Hotel
  • Sunset Royal Hotel Cancun
  • Royal Sunset Resort Cancun
  • Royal Sunset Cancun Mexico
  • Royal Sunset Hotel Cancun
  • Sunset Royal Resort Cancun

Address: Boulevard Kukulkan Km 10 Lote 13b, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

2 Photos of Sunset Royal Cancun Resort

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Continental Breakfast

Cancún Travel Forum

Need advice about Cancún, Mexico? Visit the Travel Forum for Cancún and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cancún hotel reviews