Temptation Resort & Spa

Blvd Kukulcan Km 3.5, (formerly Blue Bay Getaway Resort), Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico

Temptation Resort Spa Cancun
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Best Vacation Ever

Hotel has been completely remodeled since Hurricane Wilma. Beach is small but well maintained, they rake the sand every morning and remove any seaweed that washed ashore during the night. Room overlooked the quiet pool and was very clean and the AC froze us out. Beds are hard, but have read that about all the Cancun Hotels, they probably buy from the same manufacturer. I took my own pillow and that helped. Food was great and service was too. We took our own large cups to the pool and the bartenders gladly filled them. When drinking mixed drinks we tipped $1 and sometimes the drinks were almost "too" strong. Sexy pool was a hoot ! Yes, many women were topless and entertainment was adult themed but not trasy. However, if you're a prude, go elsewhere. We read reviews that there were "swingers" there, but if so, we never saw any public sexual activity. Coco Bongo's and a tour of the Chichen Izta ruins are a must. If you're there on Sunday book your Chichen Izta tour with the resort. It's only $79 in a private van with 13 guests max and includes stopping at a Senotes, which is absolutely beautiful. Other tours on line average $95 in a bus with 45 passengers, stopping a multiple resorts to pick people up. We booked Coco Bongos through the resort for $50 instead of the $40 offered elsewhere, but that included a reserved table which was great since the show is from 10:30 to 3am. It's open bar and they started by serving shots of Tequila while we were in line. The show is out of this world and you're free to dance at the same time. The only negative: When checking in you're directed to the concierge to get info on the resort and they pressure you into a private tour the next morning for 1 hour and offer you a $100 resort voucher for your time. The truth is that this is a high pressure time share sales pitch. When we tried to stop the presentation at 1 hour and asked for our voucher, the manager Pedro was called in who told us it was really 90 minutes and we had to hear the entire presentation to get our voucher. We had to get ugly, threaten to post negative reviews on the internet exposing them for misrepresenting themselves as well as talking to everyone in the resort about it, just to get out of there. Yes, we got our voucher but it was a very negative way to start our vacation. Several people we talked to were stuck in there for 4 hours or more, so AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS and just keep saying no no no!! Other than that, this was the perfect vacation, we hated to leave and are already booking another trip next year. We are 50 and 54, have raised our 4 children and it was great to get away without a bunch of kids running around!!

Unique Quality: We've read reviews about poor bar service at the pool but we never experienced that. As a matter of fact they have a waitress circling the sexy pool all afternoon and we never even had to get out of the pool most of the time. I read a review dated last week saying there was only 10 chairs around the pool. I don't know where that person was because there was at least 75-100 chairs around the sexy pool. The quiet pool had about 30-40 chairs. We did go down to the pool by 7-9am every morning to put towels on our chairs to reserve them, and everybody respected that process. One girl near us got drunk and forgot her shoes, cup and sunscreen on her chair and they were still there the next morning. The first night we called the front desk at 9:30pm because our "sexy lights" in the headboard were not working. The maintenance man knocked on our door 10 minutes later, checked them out to see what he needed to fix them, and they were fixed the next morning. They have entertainment every night at 9:30, but we never saw the shows because we were having too much fun doing other things. Take the bus for 75 cents, they're safe, come every 5 minutes and the bus drivers are very helpful and understand English and will drop you where you want to go. Avoid the cabs at all costs. They are expensive and try to take advantage of you. The Mexican people are very poor and constantly try to sell you stuff, just say "no gracious" and keep walking. Exchange USD for Pesos at the conversion booths outside the malls, you get the best rate with no commission fees, much better than the airport or resort.

Directions: Hotel Zone

• Looking for a DIFFERENT style of fun vacations?

Hello everyone I'm Luke and I want I'm gonna introduce you a new concept in resort. I'm talking about the new Temptation Resort. An evolutionary concept in Cancun, the new all-inclusive Temptation Resort Spa welcomes singles and couples to experience a contemporary take on the all-inclusive vacation. A hip vibe is the hallmark of Temptation Hotel Resort , this beachfront adult resort where the over-21 atmosphere allows guests to invigorate and refresh in a vibrating atmosphere. Play and sun on a pristine white sand beach with tropical Cancun Caribbean waters and bath in one of three swimming pools, each offering something for everyone.

For more info check out their offical website:

Blog:

Have a great day!

Unique Quality: A unique ambience and concept for 21+
    Deluxe vacation accommodations
    24 Hours all inclusive meal service
    Room service for continental breakfast
    24-hour selected premium brand alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage service
    Daily fun, daring and adventurous activities
    Nightly entertainment designed with live music, live shows, contests
    Sports and video bar
    Hotel taxes and gratuities included

• Have The Time Of Your Life In Cancun

We Had the best time of our lives at blue bay getaway. we were there in '05 and there were some things that could be improved upon. During our trip this time in June '07 we noticed that the food was much better, the sevice wonderfull, the people so nice. This is not the place for the faint of heart. Adults only is taken to whole new level, it is nothing like hedonism, any full nudity is done in a very controlled enviornment with activity directors in attendance, mostly be prepared to see alot of topless sunbathers, everyone wears bottoms and there are many rules, if you dont want to be involved in any games you dont have to participate or even watch, things of a risque nature all happen at the sexy pool, you can choose to hang at the quiet pool. The staff keeps everone's energy levels going and entertained all day long, Dj playing at the pool all day, Bartenders moving so fast you never wait long for a drink at diegos swim up bar. This is a non stop party adult enviornment, mostly it is couples coming to keep to themselves and have a good time. you have no idea how attentive your husband can be while you are running around topless the whole time! And after a few tequila shots its easy cause nobody is staring at you...everone else is so why not!? It is SO freeing once you just do it!!! I guess there probably were couples "swinging" but we didnt see any of it as that is not what we are looking for....it is a great place to go reconnect with your spouse and have a great time with each other in a really fun enviornment. The weather is always perfect, the beach beautiful, the food and staff out of this world! Ladies, your husbands will sit still while you sunbathe all day because there is plenty for him to look at all day..and who cares? when you go to your room mid afternoon it will all be worth it, you will never see him so happy and willing.....

Unique Quality: In the morning you need to make your dinner reservations for that evening. If you are staying 7 nights you get 3 meal tickets , one for each of the fancy restaurants...Definately use them, this is the 5 star cuisine. The rest of the time you eat at the buffet which has diffrent theme nights and the food is so good and there is so much of it! Breakfast is also at the buffet, you have omelettes fresh made in front of you and anything else you can think of... and there are two places to have lunch and late snacks until 5am!!! Three pools, jacuzzis set into the pools, leather double beds covered in netting to lay out under the stars by the bar at night while a very attentive waiter serves you drinks and whatever else you need. Hilarious risque games by the sexy pool during the day, participation optional and nothing that bad, all in good fun! A word to the wise, dont play tequila volleyball unless you are prepared to lose and have to get totally naked...LOL There is a saying at Blue Bay...nobody knows you and nobody gives a ***! Have fun, let loose, there is no better value than blue bay getaway in cancun. Blue bay club is for families, Desire is also part of blue bay, that IS like hedonism, everybody naked all the time, blue bay getaway is somewhere in the middle, FUN, but not too much!! If you don't want to really see "too" much, dont turn on the tv to channel 12, yes, right on regular TV!!!!! Oh my, just go, you wont be sorry! And dont Miss Senior Frogs either...It is THE place to go in Cancun. Go around 7:30 and have dinner, food is EXcellent and then you dont have to pay a cover, can party all night!!! Warning, not for single guys, most of the women are there with significant other and can lead to frustration!!!!!!!

Directions: Quintana Roo - Mexico This hotel is at the end of the hotel Zone, you will need to take a taxi or bus (cheap) to the nightlife area of cancun ( 10 min.) although there is plenty of nightlife happening at blue bay to keep you entertained.

• Trailblazing's Profile Photo

My Fears Come to Life at Blue Bay Getaway

People like me don't belong at Blue Bay Getaway.
    To find out if you're a person like me, answer the following questions:
    1. Do you enjoy watching drunk people give lap dances?
    2. Do you like cockroaches in your room?
    3. Do you find pleasure in listening to Kenny G?
    4. Do you think full frontal nudity is a necessary part of a beer drinking contest?
    5. Do you prefer the sound of the people in the adjoining room clipping their toenails at 3 a.m. to the sound of the ocean?
    6. Do you like beaches covered in seaweed?
    7. Do you like cold swimming pools and showers?
    If you answered No to at least 4 of the above questions, you are like me. And you do not belong at Blue Bay Getaway.

We cut our stay short and switched hotels midweek.

Unique Quality: Here are some things I did enjoy:

The Village Wok restaurant on the property served me a tasty meal. I felt like I was able to get away from the Getaway there.

The equipment in the gym worked.

Not having kids around was a nice touch, although many of the adults were far more obnoxious than your average 7-year-old.

There's an underutilized game room with two billiards tables hidden behind the spa.

There are swings at the bar by the Sexy Pool. Yes, it's actually called the Sexy Pool.

• danairozo's Profile Photo

Very Good Adult Resort for couples

I really liked the weather and the clean water there. It was very interesting place and I really liked the All Inclusive food and service and Drinks at the Bars.

Unique Quality: The Pool and the Beach were very interesting. This was definitely an adult oriented place.

Directions: This is a long ways from the Airport. Taking a Taxi will cost $20. That is a good way to go.
    I took an Orbitz shuttle from the Airport to the Hotel.

More about Temptation Resort & Spa

Blue Bay Getaway Resort was...

by AniaKuzma

Blue Bay Getaway Resort was everything we expected and more - especially after our fiasco with the first resort (see warnings). Adults only, beautiful and spacious rooms, great entertainment (by the staff and the guests). I had a blast and would stay with Blue Bay anytime, anywhere! Fun, fun, fun!!! Beautifully decorated rooms, large bathrooms, great staff.

Albsoluet Best

This hotel was the absolute best!. My boyfriend and I had the best time of our lives. This place was GREAT!. The staff was wonderful,the food was sooooooooo good and the staff really made your stay wondeful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is going to Cancun. Do not stay anywhere else but the BLUE BAY GETAWAY!. It is a awesome place for couples to spend there vacation together and have a wicked time. We hope to be back soon!

Lots of fun, but not for everyone

My fiance and I just returned from an 8 night stay at Blue Bay Getaway. Before we went, we read a lot of these reviews, and I must say...that was the absolute worst thing to do! We dreaded going! The whole shuttle ride from the airport, we kept bracing ourselves for when we pulled up to this supposedly "run-down, cockroach-infested motor-in". In actuality, the Blue Bay Getaway is beautiful. Certainly, if you are expecting a Vegas-style mega-resort, you are probably better off paying the big bucks and staying at the Hilton or the Ritz. We thought it was refreshing to stay in something smaller and more friendly. Our room was clean and had everything we needed. It overlooked the "quiet" pool, but I wouldn't say it was "quiet" in any respect. Be prepared to sleep lightly, you will feel as if you are sleeping in a frat house during Rush Week for the most part. The pools are great, a little chilly, but a nice place to cool off. The beach is a little small, but nice. The food in the buffets is perfectly OK. It's cafeteria food. Make sure to use your food vouchers for the restaurants...it's totally worth it. We went to Il Piacere (italian...good) twice, and Village Wok (chinese...pretty good) once. The food was very impressive, and it was nice to dress up and order from a menu. Even though you are not required, we tipped EVERYONE, and it was appreciated. We took the catamiran trip to Isle Mujeres...a MUST do! Bring lots of water and sunscreen..it's hot! Rent the golf cart on the island, and check out the beaches...they are gorgeous! We also had fun jet-skiing...1 hour for $50. Hop on the bus and head down to the shopping areas...it's cheap and fun. Also check out the clubs and restaurants outside of Blue Bay. All in all, we could definitely see where the people wo wrote the negative reviews were coming from....it is noisy, and it's not a four-star resort. There are naked people left and right (although in my opinion, most of them should have kept the "games" are silly and raunchy. But, it's a blast. We are in our mid-twenties and don't really mind noise and nudity. Cancun is gorgeous, and the people are very nice. We will go back, but probably stay somewhere a little more pricey.

Going back for more

Hi folks I just wanted to share my time at blue bay with all of you. I wnet last year with a best frined of mine both of us were single. The first couple of days was great the staff was wonderful and super help full. Then well I made the mistake of getting hurt while jet skiing I messed my ankle up twisted it badly. the wanted to provide medical service but i declined knowing what I had done I new Ice and keeping it up would help. The staff was worryed about me and made sure I had a wheelchair to get around in. Also the restraunt when they found out what happend sent a wonderful Italian dinner over for me, when they found out what happend. Remember this is a restraunt you have to make reservations for by 11:30 am that day. They also were haveing a booze cruise and The staff made sure I did not miss out because of my ankle. the carried me on board. they also brought me drinks and checked on me. I want to say for service this place is the BEST. I have booked 2 weeks there for the first two weeks in may 2003.. Any sinlge ladies I would love to meet you and have a wonderful time at this great resort.

Had a wonderful time, will return to Cancun sometime in the future

Me and my husband just returned from an 8 night stay at BBG. We had a wonderful time and will probably return sometime in the future although we will probably stay at a more pricy resort. We booked thru Apple Travel and paid for an ocean view room. When we arrived we were told that they did not have any ocean view rooms available and we would have to take a room by the quite pool. This is not what we paid for. The employee at the desk told us they would switch us the next day to an ocean view room. After some hesitation we agreed to spend the first night in this room since they agreed to switch us the next day. Saturday morning arrived and in deed they did switch us to the third floor ocean view next to the sexy pool. Great room, double shower, lovely view, king size bed, well worth what we paid for. We did not like the food at the buffet so we ended up eating out several times, but the food was ok in the other restaurants. We ate at all of them once during our stay. The service was a little slow in the Italian Restaurant though, we were there three hours. We went over to Isla Muirjes on our own and went to North Beach, well worth the time spent there, lovely beach. We also went horseback riding and did the adventure tour, both well worth your time. The adventure tour is great, you get to kyack thru the jungle, then hike to a cave, climb down into a cave and swim in a cenote, then hike back to the bus, then you repel down a cliff and do a jip line across the jungle, then on to Coba to climb a pyramid. They even feed you lunch. We participated in the anything goes contest, (if nudity offends you do not even go to this contest, better yet pick a different place to stay) We went to Casino night also, get there early if you want to get a table because they only play the game until 10:30 then that is it, they close up shop. Don't take the game to seriously because they only give out T-Shirts and cups for the winners. It is just for fun, you don't play with real money or anything lito Las Vegas or something like that. All in all we would go back to Cancun in the future, but we would probably stay at a more pricy resort, we are already looking at the Adventura Spa in Riveria Maya for next year, it is an adult only resort also. Also, if nudity offends you do not go to this resort, because you will see it. Around the sexy pool, there are topless ladies sunbathing all the time. Hope this review helps anyone planning a trip to BBG in the future. We were there February 5th thru the 13th.

Blue Bay GetawayBlue Bay Getaway

Any VTer I can meet?

by amyj79indpls

Hi everyone! I am going to Cancun for the first time Feb. 22nd - ? (at least a week) I was planning on staying at the Temptation Resort but after reading that some other resorts are just as nice (if not better) and somewhat cheaper, I may change that. Anyhow, I am looking for someone who is going around the same time as me that may like to hang out and maybe do some excursions with me. I will be going alone so some company would be great! I am so excited about going, I just can't wait! Anyway, If anyone is interested please feel free to reply to my post or you could send me a private message :-) Thanks!

Amy

• Jul 17, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I recommend Temptation Resort because is a great place to spend unforgettable moments in couple.
    An evolutionary concept, the topless optional Temptation Resort Spa welcomes adults over 21, to experience a contemporary take on the all-inclusive holiday, Temptation Resort Spa offers 384 accommodations, greetings.
    temptation.originalresorts.c...